Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2023, 01:21   #556
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Review

Engine has got a rather significant update for 2023.
For interested buyers, do keep an eye out for this in showroom:
Old 20th March 2023, 21:00   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrak View Post
Here are the pictures.
Hey, did you find solution to this issue? Or is this an actual thing to be worried about? I'm seeing similar thing in my couple of days old new Punch.
Old 21st March 2023, 10:11   #558
Senior - BHPian

Tata Punch sales cross the 1.75 lakh unit mark in India

The Tata Punch sales have crossed the 1.75 lakh unit milestone in India.

Tata Punch Review-2021tatapunch11.jpg

The Punch was launched in October 2021. It is positioned below the Nexon and is priced from Rs 5,99,900 (ex-showroom).

The Punch is powered by the same 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine that is offered in Tiago and Tigor. It produces 84 BHP and 113 Nm and is paired with either a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT.

Tata Motors also has the Punch CNG in the pipeline. The CNG version was showcased at Auto Expo 2023 and is expected to enter the market later this year.

The Punch CNG uses the same 1.2-litre engine. When running on CNG, the output drops to 76 BHP and 97 Nm. The car comes equipped with two small CNG tanks of 30-litres each.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 12:47   #559

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritesh_44 View Post
Hey, did you find solution to this issue? Or is this an actual thing to be worried about? I'm seeing similar thing in my couple of days old new Punch.
Tata service mentioned it's normal and expected behaviour, so nothing to worry. I have kept an eye on engine temp but its all very normal so far.
chandrak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 12:46   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Tata Punch sales cross the 1.75 lakh unit mark in India
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHW View Post
The Tata Punch has turned a year old yesterday and sold 118,767 units in 12 months in India.
Just pointing to the recent sales milestone and the last 12 months milestone.
Old 30th March 2023, 22:08   #561
BHPian

Tata Punch official Instagram page updated this a while back or may very well be an April fool Spoof.

Link :

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cqa1BVtt...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch Review-img_0197.jpeg  

Tata Punch Review-img_0198.jpeg  

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 30th March 2023 at 22:23.
Old 1st April 2023, 14:01   #562
DSC
BHPian

Has anyone checked if Punch BS6.2 air filter assembly is entirely different by design or is it just the box position? BS 6.2 has 10% higher mileage along with better low-end drivability. Any chance we can retrofit the BS 6.2 airbox to get any improvement?
Old 2nd April 2023, 06:06   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC View Post
Has anyone checked if Punch BS6.2 air filter assembly is entirely different by design or is it just the box position? BS 6.2 has 10% higher mileage along with better low-end drivability. Any chance we can retrofit the BS 6.2 airbox to get any improvement?
I was thinking of the same when I saw the video on BS6.2 Punch but I guess the increased mileage is not only because of different positioned air filter.
We may have to dig deeper and see what parts are different between the 2 and then only know.
Old 2nd April 2023, 08:24   #564
DSC
BHPian

There seems to be no mechanical differences. I will check the part number for both models. Apparently it seems to be only air filter and ecu remapping.

Anyone who got it delivered in January must be feeling terrible, the improvement came with no extra cost for the pure variant. This is what making me wonder if this is just optimization of existing components.
Old 20th April 2023, 16:56   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone who got it delivered in January must be feeling terrible, the improvement came with no extra cost for the pure variant. This is what making me wonder if this is just optimization of existing components.
I bought a Jan manufactured pure variant punch in Feb. Wasn't even aware of pending phase 2 changed and the E20 update before i booked. I'd only insisted on a 2023 manufactured car and luckily got the phase 2 version.

What i am seeing is a lot of squeaking noises when the car is on uneven roads. The service center wasn't able to address this during the first service. Is this behaviour being seen by others? Any recommendations on how to fix it?
Old 20th April 2023, 18:32   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagMan View Post
What i am seeing is a lot of squeaking noises when the car is on uneven roads. The service center wasn't able to address this during the first service. Is this behaviour being seen by others? Any recommendations on how to fix it?
Get the door alignment checked. It's an easy job at TASS where they will adjust the door strikers using an allen key.
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 19:55   #567
DSC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagMan View Post
I bought a Jan manufactured pure variant punch in Feb. Wasn't even aware of pending phase 2 changed and the E20 update before i booked. I'd only insisted on a 2023 manufactured car and luckily got the phase 2 version.

Happen sometimes due to suspension springs and cables. Check if it goes away after a wash. Door alignment also could be the culprit. Best is to keep an watch and wait. If you ask TAS for small problems l, usually they end up creating a bigger one.
DSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 20:06   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Get the door alignment checked. It's an easy job at TASS where they will adjust the door strikers using an allen key.
The guys who did the first service were clueless. Will try a different outlet for the second service in 4 months and mention this there. Thank you.
Old 26th April 2023, 14:01   #569
BHPian

Hello Punch Owners, I have seen and read in number of articles that the 2023 BS6 iteration of the engine in Punch is very refined, drivable and efficient. If it's really such a big improvement, would it be possible for 2022 owners to upgrade to it ? At a cost. Is it practically possible.
Old 28th April 2023, 22:05   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Check if it goes away after a wash.
It actually did go away after the last wash. But it had persisted after washes in the past.

Ended up knocking off the door grommets on the front passenger side door and driver side rear door and wiped them down before putting them back on the doors. And since then no squeaking sound.

That sound was grating on me and making me question the wisdom of buying a tata in the first place. 😅

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks