Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2021, 18:10   #301
FHW
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Even in the Yaris any occupant can open the door from inside even if it is centrally locked. I think this is common across all cars. No one has tried to open it when the vehicle was running, so can't say anything about that
When the door is opened while the car is moving, the instrument cluster shows warning 'Door Open' and it is announced loud too.
Old 25th October 2021, 18:16   #302
FHW
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Isn't every car the same? On the contrary, being unable to open the doors when required by the occupants is dangerous.
Sir, it isn't same for every car. For other car (all Marutis, Hyundai) we have lock/unlock knob and then door latch is opened.
Even Tata's own Tiago has this mechanism only for driver door. We need to unlock the other doors via knob and then releasing the latch opens the door.
Old 25th October 2021, 18:36   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I am sure the 1.2L I-Turbo petrol will join it's lineup in the days to come, in the higher-end variants.
Confirmed by a birdie - the turbo petrol will come by end-Feb/early-March 2022. To be offered from (possibly) the Accomplished variant onwards.
RavenAvi is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 18:53   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Confirmed by a birdie - the turbo petrol will come by end-Feb/early-March 2022. To be offered from (possibly) the Accomplished variant onwards.
While that's great news, it will obviously be priced at a premium over the current pricing which is already perceived as expensive by most.

And what will be more interesting is to see then the proportion of Turbo vs. non-Turbo sales.
red_nemesis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 19:28   #305

Hi all, I am a new member here. I asked this in the ALtroz i-Turbo thread but posting the same question here as my father is hell bent on knowing the answer for the same Once again I apologize and need some expert opinion.

"I have booked the Altroz XZ+ iTurbo. The XZ+ is coming with one remote key and one wearable key band. Just wanted to check if we can order an extra key fob (remote ) for the model ? The dealer said that they will check but I just thought of asking the fellow BHPians here."
Old 25th October 2021, 20:21   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arghadeep13 View Post
Hi all, I am a new member here. I asked this in the ALtroz i-Turbo thread but posting the same question here as my father is hell bent on knowing the answer for the same Once again I apologize and need some expert opinion.

"I have booked the Altroz XZ+ iTurbo. The XZ+ is coming with one remote key and one wearable key band. Just wanted to check if we can order an extra key fob (remote ) for the model ? The dealer said that they will check but I just thought of asking the fellow BHPians here."
I get 2 keys and the smart band. Your dealer should give it too.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 21:11   #307
FHW
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arghadeep13 View Post
Just wanted to check if we can order an extra key fob (remote ) for the model ?
I was checking out Punch/Altroz last week, the XZ & XZ+ Altroz in the showroom had two remote keys and one wearable key.
FHW is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 01:56   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

A close walkaround of the Punch Creative variant in Calypso Red dual tone shade, courtesy Team AutoTrend. Looks hot!

RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 11:19   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHW View Post
I was checking out Punch/Altroz last week, the XZ & XZ+ Altroz in the showroom had two remote keys and one wearable key.
XZ Altroz no longer comes with smart wearable band. Only XZ+. Their website also shows it now.

I got only 1 remote key on delivery on XZ Altroz (4 months ago) and have got a call later from dealer to collect the spare key which has come from TML. No wearable band !

My neighbor did get 2 keys + band for his XZ Altroz delivered in Jan 2021. Cost cutting even in top trims !
rd18 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 18:36   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd18 View Post
Cost cutting even in top trims !
Not cost cutting, but TML didn’t want to charge more as the components cost more now and the root cause is semiconductor chip shortage.
Old 28th October 2021, 14:33   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd18 View Post
Cost cutting even in top trims !
Nothing beats them silently getting rid of the 7 inch MID that came in the XZ variant that too without any price cut. They made it exclusive to the XZ+, which is some 50k more costly and gives you some connected car features and whatnot. That pretty much was the deal breaker for us and we went for the Tiago instead. The change came around August and some customers came to know about this only during PDI and some during delivery. Hurts even thinking about it.

Even the Punch offers the digital MID only in the top end Creative variant. Not just that, you won't see a single review from any major reviewer that features the analog MID since Tata provides most of them with the Creative variant as far as I have seen. The analog dials just look boring and outdated in my opinion. Especially the font.
sravankrishnan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 19:00   #312
BHPian

I’ve pre-booked Tata Punch Creative AMT in Tropical mist colour on 30th September. I got the quotation for the same on 20th November. My sales advisor informed me that she will update the status of the car on Monday i.e 25th November, but I had a very nasty week at work and couldn’t call her when she didn’t update me.

Today i.e Friday, when I called her after work was done and checked, she has informed that they had placed order to the company but it hasn’t been billed yet. When I called the GM of Sales, he was saying company wasn’t billing and sending Creative AMT orders and he has got Blue colour in Creative AMT and Grey colour in Creative AMT iRa. He said he has delivered 16 cars and no new Creative AMT cars are coming.

I find this very hard to believe. Tata promised that all the Pre booked cars were ready and there will be no waiting period. What to do now?

Also, I received a call from a lady saying she was calling from Tata Motors and confirmed my details and confirmed about the model and colour placed for order. When I enquired about the same to GM and Sales agent they said no one will be calling from Tata Motors to confirm order. As this is the first time booking a car, I’m not very aware of the process and details. I would greatly appreciate your suggestions.

We wanted car by Diwali but now when talking with my father the Sales SH he said the car might take 15days to arrive.

Is this the experience when booking a car or is this specific to Tata?

Details:
Tata Punch Creative AMT Tropical Mist
Booked at: Siva Sankar Motors, Vizianagaram.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mr_robot : 29th October 2021 at 19:05.
mr_robot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 13:43   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
Tata promised that all the Pre booked cars were ready and there will be no waiting period.

Is this the experience when booking a car or is this specific to Tata?

Details:
Tata Punch Creative AMT Tropical Mist
Booked at: Siva Sankar Motors, Vizianagaram.
UPDATE:

I raised multiple queries and sent a complaint to customer care mail id of Tata Motors.
  1. I received a call from my Sales Agent and she informed that some one from Tata Motors confirmed that the car will be delivered within 1-2 weeks of time.
  2. I received another call from CSR of Dealer with respect to the complaint sent over email, she said that Tata was not allocating the Tropical Mist colour and I was asked to wait 3 to 4 weeks at least, I told her that I saw a video on Youtube where 101 Tata Punch were being delivered and I saw multiple Tropical Mist cars spread across all the personas. I told her I will take this up with Tata again, to which she replied Delhi and Mumbai get allocation with priority. She later called and informed me that some one from Tata will be calling me and explaining the situation with Tropical Mist colour to me. I am waiting for the call at the time of writing.

The Tropical Mist colour is in high demand or they are having issues with the paint job for this colour. This colour option has a waiting period of close to 4 weeks for the pre-booked cars. Great job Tata.

Big round of applause to the most pathetic and lame planning from Tata Motors.
I don't know whose word to take regarding the delivery timeline. I will be updating the thread if I come across any other important information.
Old 30th October 2021, 13:48   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Punch delivery gone wrong

CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 15:15   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Tata Punch delivery gone wrong
There cannot be a worse place for new car delivery.

1. Downward slope

2. Not enough space for newbie drivers to make an effortless left turn and there is continuous traffic through that space

3. Stupid cones obstructing space too.

The owner was clearly struggling and then the sales guy tried helping at 1:18. They should have realized the driver isn't experienced and should have atleast made him take the car after some dealer driver had navigated that left turn for him.

Glad that the audi tailgate didn't bear the brunt. At the same time, feel sorry for that owner. It's a nasty feeling to have your brand new car crash during your first ever drive in it.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 30th October 2021 at 15:19.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks