Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2021, 21:39   #271
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview

Really a good looking car. This answers the 2 most common concerns people had in the sedan segment :
1. A good powerful engine
2. A raised GC to handle the speed breakers and bad roads.

I really hope this puts some life into the dying sedan space. I feel the car would do well if they price it on par with the City.
m8002? is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 21:47   #272
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
So, what is the difference between booking and pre-booking? They are asking for 11000 INR during this "pre-booking". So what is "pre" about it? Is it pre-booking because the prices are not revealed yet?

Also if I do pre-booking online, will I be able to change the colour later before delivery or when I TD the car etc or I need to stick with the color I pre-book?

Any inputs would be appreciated.
Usually pre-booking means 100% refundable deposit just to get yourself in the queue. Every car is launched through these long-drawn processes these days. I had myself pre-booked a Taigun before deciding to wait it out hearing the Kushaq EPC issues and received 100% refund.

But in a shocker - Skoda has included a 3000/- INR cancellation charge in the terms and conditions. That is atrocious IMHO!

Skoda expects customers to book without knowing the price, the final variant distribution, the safety ratings or any such information - and lose out on INR 3000 out of the 11,000 if Skoda manages to goof up? I'd suggest to book only if you are 100 percent sure of buying a Slavia irrespective of how it is positioned.

Relevant section from the terms and conditions document -

Quote:
Cancellation and Refund

30. The refund of booking amount would be made, subject to a deduction of Rs.3,000/- per car/online booking as the cancellation and processing charges.

31. If any online booking amount and other amount paid by the Customer to the Dealership towards the price of the Car, Accessories or statutory requirement, then the Customer has to claim the said amount from the Dealership and no online transaction shall be made in this regard. No cash payments would be made by the Dealership to the Customers.

32. In the case of funded orders, cancellation request shall be sent to the Dealership through the funding/ financing entity of the customer and refunds will be made to the concerned entity only.
Terms and conditions document attached :

Terms&Conditons.pdf

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th November 2021 at 21:48.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 21:51   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
Guys when can we expect the price unveil? And also what according to you would be the price range OTR?
I'm gonna get the delivery of City ZX CVT in the first week of December! Should I wait for the Slavia?
I don't want to strech my budget more than 17L OTR
I believe prices will be revealed before that. Even if they are not, IMHO you should wait. As per media drives, apart from more powerful engine (1.5 litre turbo charged one), this car has unmatched handling and ride quality in the segment.
Learner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 21:54   #274

The Versatility of MQB A0 IN platform getting clearly evident by each new launch of Skoda-VW group, apart from the more footfalls it will bring to the showrooms the chances of sales conversion across the body types increases manifold & so will be the margins.
Old 18th November 2021, 22:01   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan_singh View Post
I hope the base Active Variant comes in with the basics and is priced around 11-11.5 Ex showroom.
It's expected to be lesser than its crossover sibling, the Kushaq, which is 10.8 L.
Old 18th November 2021, 22:05   #276
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Slavia 1.5-litre TSI Manual walkaround

Slavia 521L Boot

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-20211118_222100.jpg

Five Colour options of the Slavia

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-20211118_220644.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 18th November 2021 at 22:26.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 22:27   #277
BHPian

Exterior look clean and classy: those sharp lines make it look very formal. Interior quality also looks very good, judging from the photographs. If it is replacing the Rapid, why is it so much longer? Isn’t it nearing the size of Laura and Octavia? They should have done that oversizing in the Kushaq.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 23:33   #278
BHPian

I've been checking out the limited videos and photos all evening and the car is just a stunner in its segment and expected price range. The one thing I would have preferred is an electronic parking brake which seems to be the norm nowadays especially in the top trims of cars. This old school parking brake seems a bit out of place in an otherwise modern and sleek cabin.
Old 18th November 2021, 23:41   #279
BHPian

Looks promising, but the irony is that more expensive Octavia has no option of sunroof or ventilated seats in any of it’s variant, but in Slavia which sits lower down has it as an option. IIRC ture specs are 205/55 R16, seems to be perfectly specced for Indian roads (or no-roads).
Also Škoda, why digital cockpit? Why not go full-on with Virtual Cockpit?
Hoping the EPC and 6-Airbag blunder isn’t repeated with Slavia.
Old 19th November 2021, 00:18   #280

Exterior looks good, especially the rear.

Interiors looks great, much better than Kushaq. I love the interior colours.

Pricing is crucial. Waiting to see whether they are pricing it at a premium or at a similar price of Kushaq.

The increased ground clearance spoil the looks a bit at least in photos. Maybe it may not look that odd when seen in person. But the additional practicality of improved ground clearance should be appreciated. It can be considered as an option by many people who would otherwise won't mind it thinking about the ground clearance. The main issue of Honda City is the lack of ground clearance. I think the additional ground clearance and the usually amazing suspension of Skoda cars would help a lot in bad roads. Waiting for the official review.
Old 19th November 2021, 00:19   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Skoda expects customers to book without knowing the price, the final variant distribution, the safety ratings or any such information - and lose out on INR 3000 out of the 11,000 if Skoda manages to goof up? I'd suggest to book only if you are 100 percent sure of buying a Slavia irrespective of how it is positioned.
Attachment 2234500
Exactly! how do they expect the customer to book a variant without sharing the features distribution across trims? On what basis do they want the customer to select a variant, and then top it up with a Rs 3000 cancellation charges!
Old 19th November 2021, 00:53   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Skoda isn't forcing any one to book, it's upto individuals to take the risk. Yes one of the USP with Skoda and Volkswagen was you could get a 100% refund at any stage of deal. In this case they have deviated. Always said this, when a manufacturer start trumping about number of pre bookings received it's more of marketing gimmick as post price reveal they don't release number of cancellations received .

In the current market scenario with severe chip shortage I am not sure how Skoda & Volkswagen are going to meet the demand. This step could be deterrent to both buyers (who just book for the sake of it) and wait for the release as well as dealers who accept numerous bookings and keep the money with them with out any interest paid back to customer while refund. Skoda will also benefit in understanding the initial demand and plan production line accordingly.

In all, it's a right move in current market conditions and 3K is worth the risk for a serious buyer. Sedan are dying breed. This product does seem to have all the right bells and whistle, but don't expect magic numbers here for a pent up demand in the segment.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 19th November 2021 at 00:56.
CircleOfLife is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 03:47   #283
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
I'm gonna get the delivery of City ZX CVT in the first week of December! Should I wait for the Slavia?
What's the harm in waiting for few more weeks. City's availability shouldn't be an issue.
Optimistically wait till January end / February mid for launch(Price reveal and delivery schedule) and then decide.
Old 19th November 2021, 06:36   #284
BHPian

Finally, a true competitor to Honda City.

Slavia - Bigger, Better, and Bolder

It will be going to give an adrenaline rush to the City sales. Though looks are completely subjective to individual liking, personally, I liked the overall design. Exclusive Color - Blue Shade is pleasing to the eyes.

I just hope Skoda will consider this car to price it well and test rigorously in advance to avoid Kushaq like blunders.

Last edited by fearless_IN : 19th November 2021 at 06:59.
fearless_IN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 06:57   #285
BHPian

@3:40

"Now, if you're wondering about DSG reliability, don't be worried because Skoda India and the VW group India have really put in a lot of effort and have improved the way the DQ200 actually functions. There are some hardware changes as well and it is now a much much more reliable gearbox is what they assure and promise us."

Those are big promises. I sincerely hope there are no issues with the DSG this time and such an assurance definitely warrants not seeing it with the baggage it has been associated with. That said, any DCT is inherently more risky than a TC.

If all else goes well for Skoda with these cars, I'll have a Slavia in my garage in the next 2-3 years. Already love my Polo TSI. Can't take a downgrade on the driving experience.
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks