Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2022, 13:14   #841
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

One strange observation, when Carens was launched there had been infinite number of articles and every news site wanted a piece of it. But this price hike has gone unnoticed by all. Not even a single article. And even google search does not yield anything.

Looks like there will be try from company to keep this hike a low profile so that things go unnoticed. Else the money spent on building the hype will go in drain.

Only people who have booked can show some strength and make some noise.
dextor is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 13:49   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post

Looks like there will be try from company to keep this hike a low profile so that things go unnoticed. Else the money spent on building the hype will go in drain.
For sure!! These brands have good reputation with almost all prominent auto journalists that they don’t report news such as this which might go against the OEM. If they do report it, it may jeopardise their chances of being invited to future launch events hence you don’t see any news on this from media houses such as Car&Bike, Auto car etc. This indeed is being kept low profile.

Last edited by NAVREVV : 2nd April 2022 at 13:50.
NAVREVV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 15:35   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
For sure!! These brands have good reputation with almost all prominent auto journalists that they don’t report news such as this which might go against the OEM. If they do report it, it may jeopardise their chances of being invited to future launch events hence you don’t see any news on this from media houses such as Car&Bike, Auto car etc. This indeed is being kept low profile.
The same journalists will go ga-ga if the company reduces prices and compensates the affected early adopters. Like in the case of S-Cross price reduction. Even the cheques received by customers were published!
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 23:27   #844

I booked a 1.5D AT Luxury Plus Imperil Blue on Day 1 (January 14th). In fact, I did not wait for the dealership to open and booked it online at 6:00 am. Tried between midnight & 1:00am as well but the site was not working so had to wait till the morning. Wanted to make sure that my booking is amongst the first few, if not the first. This, in turn, would lead to an early/ timely delivery was the belief - of course, subject to a test drive and pricing that was within my budget.

I was in touch with the sales advisor on a weekly basis and was given an understanding that in all probability, I'll have the car by Feb end. However, as time passed and Feb end came & went, I spoke to the Sales Manager, who assured me that as per the schedule received from Kia, my car was to be delivered in March - the date wasn't confirmed, but was surely getting delivered in March. I kept checking every 3-4 days for an update. All the while I was told that it will be shipped any day and as soon as it is, I will be informed.

When I did not receive any confirmation till 15th-16th of the month, I started following up with the GM of the dealership. He too confirmed that the car will definitely be delivered in March and that there have been no Diesel AT delivered till mid March. Naturally, I was very upset that so many vehicles had been delivered but not mine and I was finding it hard to believe that no Diesel AT had been delivered 2 months after the initial bookings opened. The GM told me that, going forward, he will be my POC and I should contact only him.

Post that started a follow up with the GM every 2-3 days. Around 21st-22nd March, I was offered a White Diesel AT, which I refused. Finally, on 25th March I asked to speak to the Area Manager from Kia. He wasn't of much help and confirmed that I will not get the vehicle in March. I was frustrated & appalled that despite being an early bird the wait was never ending and also because I would have lost the depreciation benefit for last FY (I wasn't aware of the price increase till then). Thankfully, the area manager also told me that an Imperial Blue Diesel AT will be shipped in March, but it is a six seater, not seven, which I had booked. Told him that I want the seven seater only and he should try to organize.

The very next day I heard about the price increase and since I had already been told that there are hardly any chances of the seven seater coming this FY, I decided to go ahead with the six seater. So, finally I got the invoicing done on 31st and paid the amount for the car. Thereby ending a 2.5 month frustrating journey. I got the launch price, depreciation benefit, color of my choice, variant of my choice. The only thing I compromised on was a 6 seater instead of a seven, which frankly is not a big deal.

P.S. - Attached is the updated price list for Gurgaon/ Haryana.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Haryana Price List_April_22.pdf (370.5 KB, 232 views)
chevy00 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 23:55   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
I had booked D-AT within 30-40 minutes of price reveal on 15th Feb because price of the car was 17L. But now with this price increase I am being forced to cough up another 70k. And that too when the company has itself not delivered any D-ATs in the city. So this means launch price is actually 17.70L.

This looks like more of a game plan from Kia where they are able to create a hype for their product being launched at good price point but they did not purposely deliver. Now that hype is well built and bookings have reached up to 50k (a feat in itself) they decided to cash upon this opportunity.

By not offering price protection to customer who had booked early, the whole price point does not make any sense. It was a pre-planned move. And this definitely raises questions on the integrity of the company.

I am not game for this price increase and will proceed with my booking cancellation. I personally feel this kind of behaviour of companies should not be entertained at all. If this flies off then it will become a norm for all companies to do the same in future just to create hype. Also if this is acceptable then soon there will be another price hike in few months for Carens.

If Carens did not have many bookings, Kia would not have dared to increase this price.
Have already made up my mind to cancel my D AT booking considering I was anyway not in the favor of paying 20+ lakhs for the same.

If new XL6 offers 6 airbags, Carens is out.
Old 3rd April 2022, 09:46   #846

Can anyone with a 1.5 NA petrol (Prestige or Premium) share what is the City Mileage you are getting, especially in cities with bumper to bumper traffic like Bangalore.

I am divided between the NA 1.5 and 1.4 T-GDi as I am not a enthusiastic driver but mileage is important.

What is the general advice?
Old 3rd April 2022, 10:58   #847
BHPian

Pretty shocked with hike, I had expected not more than 10-15k but this is too high. Yesterday SA called just to say that they are working on prioritising delivery but not a word on hike. I guess definitely they must be facing cancellations else till date they never cared to call on delivery status. I will now wait for xl6 launch hope they bring 7 seater option too and then decide between two. Only drawback i will have to forego diesel option.
Old 3rd April 2022, 11:21   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashy View Post
Can anyone with a 1.5 NA petrol (Prestige or Premium) share what is the City Mileage you are getting, especially in cities with bumper to bumper traffic like Bangalore.

I am divided between the NA 1.5 and 1.4 T-GDi as I am not a enthusiastic driver but mileage is important.

What is the general advice?
I have shared it earlier in the thread.

I don't have bumper to bumper traffic in Pune, but have face it for short stretches.

With high traffic and waits at signals, I get 9 to 10 kmpl. With moderate traffix and timely shifts, I get 13 to 14.

In bangalore bcity traffic, I think I would get 8 kmpl.
Old 3rd April 2022, 22:06   #849
BHPian

I had booked the Prestige 1.5 P on the day of price announcement. I was allotted a vehicle in mid-march, and I did not avail it since BH registration has not yet started in Tamil Nadu and also I was bit confused as there is no rear wash wiper, Folding OVRM and the ground clearance of 1.5 P is not clear (I assume it would be 19mm lower than the other engine options). This 19mm difference would make a lot of difference considering the long wheel base. Now, I think, I have to cancel it. At around 14 lacs for Prestige plus diesel, Hector plus base variant at 15.38 lacs seems to be VFM. Anyhow, will wait for the XL6 facelift before taking a final call.
DImPo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 12:28   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy00 View Post
. Thereby ending a 2.5 month frustrating journey. I got the launch price, depreciation benefit, color of my choice, variant of my choice. The only thing I compromised on was a 6 seater instead of a seven, which frankly is not a big deal.

P.S. - Attached is the updated price list for Gurgaon/ Haryana.
Hey, can you pls ping me with dealership details and any known contact?
Looking to buy Carens, with extremely stretched budget. I need to speak to someone from dealership who can let me know a correct waiting period looking at number of cancellations.
Old 4th April 2022, 13:10   #851

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Hey, can you pls ping me with dealership details and any known contact?
Looking to buy Carens, with extremely stretched budget. I need to speak to someone from dealership who can let me know a correct waiting period looking at number of cancellations.
Hi,

Have you already booked the car? If not, I think you need to book before they can allocate the car.

I can give you the contact details of the GM, but not sure if I can give it out in the forum and I cannot send you a PM since I am a Newbie.
Old 4th April 2022, 13:14   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy00 View Post
Hi,

Have you already booked the car? If not, I think you need to book before they can allocate the car.

I can give you the contact details of the GM, but not sure if I can give it out in the forum and I cannot send you a PM since I am a Newbie.
I have booked it already - but its from a different dealer/state. Not sure if its possible to transfer it. Else i can do a fresh booking, but need someone known in dealership who can get this delivered early. I have already sold off my Ciaz and its getting a bit of a hurdle now.

Let me check how can I contact you directly.
Old 4th April 2022, 15:21   #853
Senior - BHPian

This is cheating and Kia should be booked for same. This is insane and they are playing with peoples mind. Dirty trick I would say. People should cancel their bookings and teach them a lesson. No other way. People who have already booked should just cancel their booking and look for something else, lots of options in market.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 15:28   #854
BHPian

Attaching the updated price list in Bangalore. Notice the increase in ex-showroom prices has also affected the insurance and TCS apart from the registration charges
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Carens_updated_pricelist_BLR.pdf (293.5 KB, 216 views)
Old 4th April 2022, 15:38   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Updates price list in Chennai - Price for the 1.5 NA Prestige has gone up by almost 1.5 lakhs! On-road price including insurance and excluding any accessories or extended warranty used to be 11.41 lakhs and now it is 12.85 lakhs!
My Docket shows a price increase of Rs.80K (11.92L vs 12.72L) following the price increase for the 1.5 NA Prestige variant. Your is nearly double? How come? Is it due to the registration/RTO difference between Chennai and Palakkad, Kerala?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks