Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2022, 21:25   #946
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
If you are comparing the new XL6 and Ertiga after driving Carens am sure you will be disappointed in every aspects except the fuel efficiency and the resale value. Even I too booked for an Ertiga as a standby option but will wait few more months for the Carens.
Thank you for your reply. I currently drive an Ertiga and I knew very well that Carens is far better than the Ertiga. As I have read several messages switching over to New XL6 and Ertiga, after the Carens price increase in the first week of April, I just wanted to know how many of them actually preferred theXL6 over Carens.

My kids preferred a panoramic sunroof, since the first vehicle we saw was an XUV 700. But after seeing all the vehicles, we finalised the Carens and booked it.
Old 30th April 2022, 06:41   #947
BHPian

Yesterday I got all tyres filled with Nitrogen. Kept pressure at 34 psi. The driver side wheel was the last to be filled. Before it was filled, I turned on the instrument cluster to check the TPMS readings. It showed low pressure warning for the tyre being filled. That was good, TPMS did it's job. But to my surprise, the warning remained on even after the tyre was inflated, with TPMS itself showing 33 psi. For two other tyres, it showed 33 psi, and yet the warning wasn't there. The shop owner asked me to drive the car a bit. I did that, but that didn't fix it.

Then one person at the shop said we need to fill it to 40, the error will go away, and then bring it down to the desired pressure. And indeed, that worked. As soon as pressure reached 36, the warning went away. The person said Kia cars have this issue.

Anyone else faced this?

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st May 2022 at 06:16. Reason: Fixed minor typos.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 00:47   #948

Newbie alert!

I had been eyeing a new car for a few years now, with our old trusty Santro running for well over 16 years. The car was bought when I entered graduation, and 16 years later, with 2 kids, lots of white hair, increasing family size (and waistline), it was time to upgrade to something bigger.

The initial candidates were the usual 6/7 seaters - Ertiga and XL6, but somehow after TDs, I wasn't convinced. Then came the Triber, and I must say, their marketing had me hooked. Test drove a vehicle, and while it was responsive as a 2/3 people carrier, it did struggle with 6 people onboard. Pandemic hit, and while the choice (and need) of a new car was gone, the lust remained.
2022 bought some good news, and I could lift my budget from 12-13 lacs to ~ 20 lacs.

Fortunately, it was around the same time Carens launched. It would be negligent of me if I don't praise the passionately excellent Team BHP community, where I looked at every review, official or otherwise, and gained informative insights on not just Carens, but on the whole process of car selection and buying (after all, it has been 16+ years !). Test drove the Diesel MT and AT variants in March, and booked the Luxury Plus Diesel 6STR MT on the spot at Lohia Kia, Noida. April bought the bad news of a price hike, but as luck would have it, the company I work for bought major revisions to their car policies. Under the change, the company would pay for nearly 95% of the ORP of the variant I booked - the only caveat was I needed to buy the car from the same city where the company's offices are located.

Noida and Delhi were out since those offices were closed during lockdown, but luckily we had one not far away, in Lucknow. Being a Lucknownite (stayed for nearly 20 years), couldn't miss this opportunity to visit the City of Nawabs again. Enquired with the 2 Kia dealerships in Lucknow via my contacts, and one of them had a Grey variant (my choice of color was Blue or Red), with the same config, in their yard, ready to be booked and delivered as long as the payment was done on time. I reckon Diesels don't sell well in Lucknow, since I saw nearly 6x the number of turbo petrols in the same yard a few days later (and the other dealer also had 2-3 ready to delivered Petrol models too).

Long story short, pestered my finance guys at work (a bit too much) to get the payments done on time (got delayed as this was the Good Friday long weekend - apparently RTGS also takes holidays in spite of 24*7 claims - story for another day) - and got the car handed over on 16th April. Felt quite lucky since Lohia Noida asked me to wait for over 24 weeks.

Got the number plate in 1 day, and RC in the next few days. The car also got to stretch it's legs on the pretty awesome Lucknow Agra highway. Absolutely loved the drive. The Agra Noida highway (Yamuna expressway) was muted in comparison (road quality isn't nearly as good).

Got my 1st service done recently, and overall, extremely satisfied with the car. The air cons are superb, it's spacious enough for my family of 6, captain seats are comfortable, and the NVH levels are muted when inside the car. Body roll is under control, and the car felt light footed on the expressways. Overtaking also seemed a breeze (we were just 2 people in the car during the expressway ride), and city driving isn't as difficult as I thought it would be (seems I am getting used to the clutch accelerator combo, and the initial lag). The sunroof, while small (I personally don't see the need of a sunroof in India), is still a novelty for the kids, and they love ogling through the glass.

Biggest cons are the speakers. They are simply adequate, and a car at this price deserves much better.

I am absolutely enjoying the car though, and earlier, while I would find any excuse to NOT drive the Santro, nowadays, I am finding ways to get behind the seat and go for a ride!

Would really like to thank all the members on this forum/thread for your comments, which are read by thousands of (then) unregistered amateurs like me to help make a purchase decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
But to my surprise, the warning remained on even after the tyre was inflated, with TPMS itself showing 33 psi. For two other tyres, it showed 33 psi, and yet the warning wasn't there. The sho owner asked me to drive the car a bit. I did that, but that didn't fix it.

Then one peraon at the shop said we need to fill it to 40, the error will go away, and then bring it down to the desired pressure. And indeed, that is worked. As soon as pressure reached 36, the warning went away. The person said Kia cars have this issue.

Anyone else faced this?
I had the same issue post delivery. Quite literally within minutes of getting the car delivered, both the TPMS and Master Warning Light were on. I rechecked with the dealer - who checked with their trainer, who said this is common as some steps might have been missed during PDI (??), and it will go away after a "few" kms. Wasn't satisfied, so dug through the manual, and it said that TPMS warning does bring the Master Warning on as well.

Got the tyres filled to 34 to no avail. Finally pushed them to 36, and voila, the TPMS read the pressure as 34, and both the warning lights went off.

Got the tyre pressure rechecked at Noida, at the regular pump I go to (Bharat Petrol Pump, Sec 51), and their calibration very closely matches that of the TPMS. While the service centre recommended 35 PSI for all 4 tyres, I felt the feedback to be hard. Went with 33 on all 4 (TPMS reads them between 32-34 while driving), and the drive is a lot more "cushiony".

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st May 2022 at 06:29. Reason: Minor edits. Some spacing to aid readability and trimming quoted post.
fatman2022 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 17:32   #949
BHPian

Multiple Carens owners are reporting a strange issue of condensation observed on the roof above 3rd row AC vent on right side, near the roof rails. Can the bhpians who have got the car please check if they too see the same.
If it is true and observed by everyone, team-bhp could help as a platform to let Kia know about this issue apart from the individual complaints from the owners.

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd May 2022 at 09:58. Reason: No discussion about any car / brand specific social media groups on the Forum. Thanks.
Knightrider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 18:30   #950
BHPian

Yes even I read. Many users have been continuously reporting about this there. Seems to be a serious one as it may lead to corrosion over the course of time. Kia should look into this issue ASAP.

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd May 2022 at 09:58. Reason: No discussion about any car / brand specific social media groups on the Forum. Thanks.
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:22   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Multiple Carens owners are reporting a strange issue of condensation observed on the roof above 3rd row AC vent on right side, near the roof rails. Can the bhpians who have got the car please check if they too see the same.
If it is true and observed by everyone, team-bhp could help as a platform to let Kia know about this issue apart from the individual complaints from the owners.
I got the delivery last thursday. I am also seeing this condensation issue. Need to check with showroom and escalate to Kia if required.

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd May 2022 at 09:59. Reason: No discussion about any car / brand specific social media groups on the Forum. Thanks.
Old 2nd May 2022, 12:16   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevyes View Post
I got the delivery last thursday. I am also seeing this condensation issue. Need to check with showroom and escalate to Kia if required.
Where is this present ?
Can you share a picture if possible ?

Last edited by ptaneja : 2nd May 2022 at 12:25.
Old 2nd May 2022, 13:02   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Where is this present ?
Can you share a picture if possible ?
It is observed on the roof, above the right side 3rd row AC vent.
Here is an image shared by an owner on FB group:

Kia Carens Review-279691385_7473169919391512_6425406836996429271_n.jpg
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 13:13   #954
BHPian

Quote:
It is observed on the roof, above the right side 3rd row AC vent.
Here is an image shared by an owner on FB group:

Attachment 2303301
Thanks will check.
This is as soon as AC is turned on/few mins after turning it on, or do we have to travel for few kms or few mins for this to happen ?
Old 2nd May 2022, 13:26   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Thanks will check.
This is as soon as AC is turned on/few mins after turning it on, or do we have to travel for few kms or few mins for this to happen ?
It can be check when you are idling also. Follow below steps to reproduce
1.Switch on the ignition and AC.
2.Turn on the rear AC knob.
3. Close the 3rd row AC vents.

After 5-10 mins, you will see condensation forming over the right side 3rd row AC vent.
rajeevyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 15:14   #956
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

There will be an evaporator unit installed somewhere there (Im guessing that the 3rd row only gets cold air, heater function most likely absent since routing hot coolant until there is a big NO) and when it cools, along with the air, the sheet metal that is in contact with it also becomes cold.

The condensation is observed outside the car only, right ? In which case, this isn't a showstopper issue.
While I agree that this is something strange, I don't think this is an 'issue' per se.

Alteast KIA took the effort to fit an additional "AC" for the rear passengers and not just piping from the front.
venkyhere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 17:27   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post

The condensation is observed outside the car only, right ? In which case, this isn't a showstopper issue.
While I agree that this is something strange, I don't think this is an 'issue' per se.
Its only on the outside as of now. But don't you think this might causing rusting issues in the long run on that spot on the roof?
Old 2nd May 2022, 19:45   #958
BHPian

Even I see the condensation issue on my car roof. But I don't see this as a troubling issue unless its happening on inside also.

Ideally, it should not cause rusting as it happens outside and the primer/paint layer should protect the metal sheet.

Going for my first service Wed. Will take this with Kia service team and see the outcome.
NivasBaskaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 20:53   #959

Quote:
Yes would be good to raise this and clarify.

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd May 2022 at 09:57. Reason: No discussion about any car / brand specific social media groups on the Forum. Thanks.
Old 3rd May 2022, 14:02   #960
BHPian

Has anyone done a headlight upgrade? I tried installing HID headlights on my Prestige. The instrument cluster started giving a warning. So had to remove it. Then the shopkeeper installed Dhc pro F55 LED lights. This cost me 8k. When I went for a highway trip, the driver complained that the high beam throw isn't long enough.

Keen to know if I have any other option available. Although I have already spent money, but don't want to compromise on safety.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th May 2022 at 05:11. Reason: Typos
pseudo_coder is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks