Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2022, 10:21   #271
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_008 View Post
Hello, can you PM me the details of which dealer offered you discount? Is trident ok with lowering the insurance cost?
Please enable pm in your profile. It is disabled.
Old 28th August 2022, 10:32   #272

PM feature is not available to me as I'm a newbie
Could you try this? Would be of great help
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-screenshot_20220828103026.jpg  

Old 28th August 2022, 12:15   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puri.sarang View Post
I have booked a Signature Diesel 2Wd - Amazon Grey
Dealer just reached out to me claiming that he can deliver the Signature HTRAC Amazon Grey next week. My question here is: Does HTRAC make any difference? Is it worth spending another ~1.5L on it? Please suggest.

My usage is mostly Bangalore traffic and once in 2 months weekend getaways to nearby hill station. <1000kms per month.
So difference is almost 1.9L OTR. If you look at percentage, it is 4.5% premium which is not too bad. However, Hyundai has come up with some crazy pricing which will get the OTR to almost 44L. This is one powerful diesel engine so should be able to suffice for your needs. However, if you want that peace of mind when you plan to take car for occasional mild off road, you can go for AWD/HTRAC. I'll let other bhpians comment who have been using earlier gen 2WD Diesel Tucson or the Harrier which also comes only in 2WD option.
neel911 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 12:42   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_008 View Post
PM feature is not available to me as I'm a newbie
Could you try this? Would be of great help
Thanks
That is not working too. It says you have opted not to be contacted via email.
Old 28th August 2022, 12:49   #275
BHPian

I checked with my SA on booking split their dealership has received and here it is:
- Petrol: 30%
- Diesel: 70%
Within Diesel %, HTRAC is about 30-40%

MODS: Please merge this with earlier post. Since it had passed 30min, could not edit.

Last edited by neel911 : 28th August 2022 at 12:55.
Old 28th August 2022, 15:18   #276
BHPian

I have had a similar experience with a Toyota dealer recently, when I was looking to book the crysta. So yeah perhaps this is going to become more common esp with the popular models, but I suggest don’t budge. It is ridiculous to force buyers to buy all sorts of unnecessary accessories. Check other dealers and also tell the current one to confirm this over email or a text message and forward that to Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuttgart View Post
I had an interesting conversation with my SA today. I had pre-booked Signature diesel 2WD and had given one of the prominent dealers from Thane (and Mumbai) as my preferred dealer. I have had a very pleasant association with this dealer for the last 12 years and it is one of the major reasons why I could gather courage of plonking 40 big ones on this Hyundai.

I was told today point blank that in this seller's market, only the customers which bring more revenue to the dealer are being allocated Tucsons first. If I buy accessories of worth at least 1-1.5 lakhs and also dont crib about how obscenely costly the insurance component than the market is, only then will I be allocated Tucson in next few months. Else, 8-10 months is the official waiting period from the company. The more I think about this, the more I realise how unjust this process is. He even went on to claim that how the Tucson that was there in the showroom a week ago was sold out to someone who agreed to pay 2.5 lakhs in accessories. This clearly means that Hyundai has no control over the allocation process and the pre-bookings that we hold are of no value whatsoever. This is so not what I had expected from a premium car buying experience.

So my question to fellow bhpians is, is this really normal in current market scenario or am I right in expecting that allocations* should happen based on the booking sequence?
Old 28th August 2022, 18:53   #277
BHPian

So finally, I cancelled my booking of Tucson. I had pre-booked with a hope of pricing around 35 lakhs on road for 4wd version.

I visited the showroom to check out the car in person before taking final call. It had loads of space. Seating comfort is top notch. However the fit and finish does not appear to be in same league like Skoda etc. Infotainment screen and AC panel screen could have been better blended. Overall I didn't feel compelled to sign a cheque of 40 Lakhs.

I went straight to Skoda and booked Kodiaq. It seems no brainer for me in this price bracket with options available currently.
LeoMachine is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 19:25   #278
BHPian

Visited the Shreem Hyundai, Jacob Circle showroom today, along with my family for a TD, as I had booked the Tucson Signature AT. Being a Sunday afternoon, the showroom was less crowded, just 2-3 families checking out the different Hyundai vehicles. While the skeletal staff were very courteous and prompt in arranging the TD, we had a close look at the Amazon Grey display vehicle parked inside.
Being a CKD, the fit and finish was excellent; the front and rear seats were comfortable...overall, it looked really classy!
I don't know why these showrooms curtail the TD distance for prospective buyers - even at the NBS showroom at Chowpatty, when we had gone for the ScorpioN TD, the SA gave the excuse of "temporary registration number" and it was the same scene over here too.
Anyways, we completed the short TD. I found the Tucson great to drive, the features top class - especially, while taking a U-turn, the display screen showed me how close I was to the stationary vehicle on the other side of the road!
HMIL has a great product, albeit a CKD, in the Tucson, but alas, the pricing has proved to be the deal breaker for me and my family. The Tucson pricing overshot my guesstimate of the ex-showroom price of the Signature AT by 6 lakhs and the cascading effect of all the regn.,taxes and insurance etc. made for an OTR of Rs. 40.25 lakhs, thus putting the Tucson totally out of my reach...
While there will be a small minority of people like me, who will very reluctantly and need I say, with a heavy heart, cancel their bookings, HMIL need not worry about meeting their targets for selling the Tucson, as there will be enough people in the next 6 months, who wouldn't mind shelling out the moolah for a classy product. All the very best to them.

Meantime, I will have to get back in line and patiently wait for the XUV7OO D L AT, the delivery for which is currently showing, "between 27 Feb - 28 March of 2024!!
rambomumbai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 10:26   #279

Hello Team BHPians,
I am an ardent follower of this website for last few years and finally doing my first post here . I was in search for a new car (SUV) for quite sometime now and finally booked Jeep Compass Model S Petrol AT last week (Thanks to all of you for the relevant posts and driving experiences).
Infact, I actually waited for Tucson for 3 months before taking the call. As most of you have already mentioned Tucson is indeed a wonderful car however the biggest deal breaker I found was the pricing in Bangalore. In my opinion the interior doesn't justify the price tag. Other than that my TD experience was surreal and I am sure people who buy Tucson will be mighty convinced with their purchase.
Anyway, my budget was around 35L and Jeep Compass seems to be the best in the 30-35L segment. Hoping to keep this car for next 5-7 years before the entire world goes Electric! .
sharMax is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 13:39   #280
BHPian

My Tucson should come by September(earlier it was August end but delayed due to change in colour/variant I opted for) and fits my requirements and have sign off from my family as well . I took test drive twice and just loved the overall package, engine performance and backed by Hyundai service network. Is it overpriced? Yes by couple of lakhs but I got same feeling when Tiguan was launched and somehow have tuned to the new overall pricing structure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMachine View Post

I went straight to Skoda and booked Kodiaq. It seems no brainer for me in this price bracket with options available currently.
Do check the Tiguan as well if 5 seater is all you are looking for. Kodak L&K does come with almost 5-6L premium OTR over Tucson AWD variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
The other dealer is following up with me even offered some discount. I am also negotiating on insurance and have been allocated my car. Just preparing for delivery.
Congratulations in advance. I have PM you for some questions around this. Which variant/colour did you finally opt for?

Last edited by neel911 : 29th August 2022 at 13:41.
neel911 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 17:37   #281
BHPian

One thing I noticed in Diesel 2WD is that it does not come with Terrain Modes. This is exclusive to AWD/HTRAC. 2WD Diesel only comes with Drive modes: Eco/Normal/Sport/Smart

Harrier , Safari, C5 Aircross are all FWD vehicles which comes with different terrain/grip modes which I believe helps in those tricky situations to a certain extent (inspite of not having AWD/4WD). I've seen few videos where driver finds it easy to manoeuvre through such situations by selecting one of the modes. I'm personally not sure how those modes really help and what specifically each mode does.

I'm not sure if earlier generation had any modes apart from Enabling/Disabling Traction control. Is that a downside on Tucson 2WD and something to be concerned for?
Old 29th August 2022, 19:24   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
The other dealer is following up with me even offered some discount.
If you don't mind sharing the discount information/breakdown. It could be helpful to most here.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 20:43   #283
BHPian

Basically it is not an outright discount on the car. Rather if I am exchanging a car, they would offer max 25K discount in the form of accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
One thing I noticed in Diesel 2WD is that it does not come with Terrain Modes. This is exclusive to AWD/HTRAC. 2WD Diesel only comes with Drive modes: Eco/Normal/Sport/Smart
In mechanical terms, terrain mode works taking advantage of wheel sensors (same ones which are used for ABS-EBD). If a wheel is spinning more that means there is slippage. So power to that wheel will be reduced and more power will be supplied to other wheels which are not slipping.

I am not sure how anybody is achieving this without AWD. At the max they can apply brakes on the slipping wheel(s). To me it appears more like a selling stunt than a real utility.

Also that would be a problem if the car is stuck in sand/snow/slush. Because all wheels would slip and the car will not move as brakes are applied. It is better without traction control so whichever wheel has little bit friction, it will pull.

As seen here:
https://www.cartoq.com/tata-harrier-terrain-modes/

It seems they are just varying the torque delivery overall. So nothing special about it.

Last edited by moralfibre : 29th August 2022 at 22:00. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
KrishKallapur is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 21:05   #284

Hi all:

Recently test drove the Tucson Petrol and my experience was no different than what has been shared by others. Sharing some of my key observations from a 30 min drive.

The car feels quite good and solidly built from the inside - I tried some of the ADAS gadgetry and found it quite entertaining though how much of it will be used in the long run, remains to be seen.

Despite it size, the car does not drive like a big car and is fairly easy to manoeuvre - despite Delhi traffic, I got the hang if it fairly quickly and wasn't anxious about the size.

The music system did not impress me - it was just loud and not in a good way - could also be because of the default settings and / or the songs playing - unfortunately, I did not play with it enough to take a more holistic view on it.

The drive of the Petrol version was just disappointing - it is just so slow to move and was just plain simple boring - as far as drives go, it is clearly not worth the money - even the SA admitted that drive was boring and that they were expecting a stronger 1.6 Turbo engine.

Changed drive modes a bit - given the utter lack of power, the Sport mode made the car worse. The gears shifted held on for longer and the engine made some unpleasant noise but without adding any noticeable fun. If anything, it made the drive jerky and abrupt.

Space is in spades - don't think anything in the segment even comes close in comparison.

Looking forward to test drive the Diesel before taking a final view between Tucson and Tiguan!
Denny_C is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 11:36   #285
BHPian

I have a question for people who have booked a Tucson, or any other Hyundai vehicle at a showroom (and not online through the Hyundai website). Are you able to see your booking on the Hyundai website?

I had booked physically at a showroom about 3 weeks back. I have a receipt for the advance. When I log in on the Hyundai website using the same phone number I have at the time of making the booking, I don't see any records under "Your car booking record" on the website.

As per the sales advisor, details will show up when the car is ready and nothing until then. Is this your experience as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks