Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2022, 14:48   #331
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_C View Post
UPDATE:

After test driving the Tucson, I have finally booked the Tiguan. Unfortunately, the Tucson just could not convince me!
Tiguan is definitely a good car. Check out the American website for the Tiguan. It shows additional features that are not there in the Indian model, such as the IQ.DRIVE (https://www.vw.com/en/models/tiguan.html). VW has launched a global model in India but has skimped on features.

In contrast Hyundai has brought a global model to India with most features.

I currently drive a Ford. After Ford's exit from India and resulting challenges in maintenance of Ford vehicles I decided to go with brands that are committed to India. This is also one reason for me to choose Tucson, in addition to it being a good car.
shailendrakr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 18:22   #332
BHPian

August sales of Tucson and some of other cars it is competing/compared with. Lower numbers for some could be due to supply chain issues.

Tucson: 343
Tiguan: 155
C5 Aircross: 25
Compass: 921

7 seaters that at times Tucson gets compared with:
Kodiaq: 151
Meridian: 400
neel911 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 19:34   #333
BANNED

There is really a need for a turbocharged petrol engine else i don't think they would be getting enough sale numbers because not everyone will buy diesel because of the rules in ncr. Competition offer great petrol engines too. The 2l naturally aspirated engine is not what this car needs.
PrathamTSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 19:51   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
August sales of Tucson and some of other cars it is competing/compared with. Lower numbers for some could be due to supply chain issues.

Tucson: 343
Tiguan: 155
C5 Aircross: 25
Compass: 921

7 seaters that at times Tucson gets compared with:
Kodiaq: 151
Meridian: 400
Haven’t seen any Tucson on the road in blr atleast. Are the deliveries rolling?
Old 9th September 2022, 20:10   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Haven’t seen any Tucson on the road in blr atleast. Are the deliveries rolling?
Yes. Deliveries have started. Someone in my friend's apartment complex (Bangalore) has taken delivery of Amazon Grey Tucson and his first impression was: "This is big !"
neel911 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 20:30   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrathamTSI7DSG View Post
There is really a need for a turbocharged petrol engine else i don't think they would be getting enough sale numbers because not everyone will buy diesel because of the rules in ncr. Competition offer great petrol engines too. The 2l naturally aspirated engine is not what this car needs.
I am hoping maybe they change the engine line-up when bs6 phase 2 comes into picture and introduce the 1.6 turbo petrol engine that is being sold with Tucson in various other countries.
Old 10th September 2022, 09:24   #337
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I made my (Pre) pre-booking even before pre-booking started on 7th June, 2022 with Kun Hyundai in Chennai.

We have booked the Diesel 4WD Signature HTRAC in Starry Night.

I haven't heard anything about the delivery or status of my order.

My SA tells me diesel deliveries haven't started in Chennai as yet.

Is this correct information ?

Regards,
Arjun
Old 10th September 2022, 10:37   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Hi All,

My SA tells me diesel deliveries haven't started in Chennai as yet.

Is this correct information
Don't know about Chennai. I have confirmed information from one of the biggest showrooms in Hyderabad that 2 deliveries happened as of last week from their showroom. It could be a bigger number considering other showrooms as well in Hyderabad.
Old 10th September 2022, 12:09   #339
BHPian

Quote:
I made my (Pre) pre-booking even before pre-booking started on 7th June, 2022 with Kun Hyundai in Chennai.
Hello Arjun,

It's true my SA informed me the same he also said hyundai is yet to accept the order placed so he was not sure about the delivery time period.

Last edited by ampere : 10th September 2022 at 21:32. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 10th September 2022, 15:45   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Hello Arjun,

It's true my SA informed me the same he also said hyundai is yet to accept the order placed so he was not sure about the delivery time period.
Thanks mate. Which showroom have you booked yours in and which variant ?

I hope to get it in the first week of November.

Is there a run in period ? When is the first service for diesels ?
Old 10th September 2022, 16:56   #341
BHPian

I need some advice. I have got insurance quote for Tucson from multiple vendors. Below they are. IDV and features are comparable. Sundaram seems best value. Are they okay to go with?
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-6b18eedacd654103931d48db4e7dddc2.jpeg  

KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 17:27   #342

Hi All,

I have been considering Tucson 2022 and already did a test drive of Diesel AT. I am looking to TD a Petrol vehicle but unfortunately none of the dealers, I contacted in Pune have a Petrol vehicle available for Test Drive. I have been following this thread closely and saw lot of negative feedback for Petrol version of Tucson. Is it that bad ? I do not want to book it without me personally being confident. Does anyone else also have similar problem of petrol vehicle unavailable for TD ?

On a side note, I have already booked XUV 700 Petrol AT and might end up cancelling that in favour of Tucson if I find some confidence on feedback on Tucson Petrol (either via personal experience or if any of our fellow BHPians help boost confidence on it )

Thanks,

Last edited by vvidhate : 10th September 2022 at 17:39. Reason: Corrected typos and phrasing.
Old 10th September 2022, 20:17   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate. Which showroom have you booked yours in and which variant ?

I hope to get it in the first week of November.

Is there a run in period ? When is the first service for diesels ?
Hi Arjun,

I have booked online first day when bookings got opened and selected Kun Hyundai.

Variant - Signature 2WD

Fuel Type - Diesel

Colour- Fiery Red DT

My guess modern cars don't have any run in period but it's good to maintain below 1800 to 2000 RPM/120KMs first 1000 to 1500 kms.

I think top up service intervel should be in 1000 KMS plz correct me if i am wrong
Old 10th September 2022, 20:25   #344

Although I have been following team-bhp for quite some time, this is my first post, and I am looking for your help to decide on my next car.

I currently own a Duster AWD for the last 7+ years and am looking forward to changing the vehicle due to the infamous injector issue I have been facing recently. I have changed three injectors in the last two years, and not sure when this will happen again. Other than that, the Duster is rock solid.

My primary expectation is a comfortable Diesel Car with AWD/4WD. I am not an off-roader, but AWD/4WD is a must because I consider this a safety feature that I don't want to compromise. A long time back, I was stuck in sand and mud three times in my Hyundai Getz, the car I owned before Duster. From then on, I decided to have 4WD/AWD as an essential prerequisite for my future vehicles.

I booked XUV700 (AWD) 3 months ago, and the entire family liked it because of its looks and features. At the same time, since its waiting period was two years, we were also looking for different options, and Hyundai Tucson came.

The first time I saw it in the flesh, it was massive, and I was very impressed. When I stepped into the car, I could feel the premiumness of Tucson when compared to XUV700. After the test drive, I liked Tucson more than the XUV700, mainly because of the silent cabin, spacious seats ( both front and 2nd row), headroom (too low in XUV700), and power delivered in Sport mode. So we also booked Tucson (AWD) after a couple of test drives.

In the meantime, my XUV700 booking moved to the next stage last week, and its delivery period got reduced to one year. Although it shows as one year, I learned from other sources that it might get delivered in at least four months. We are okay with both cars and have decided to opt for the first car that is ready for delivery. At the same time, I don't want to regret my decision after six months or a year :-). So I am looking for help to decide based on the options below.
  1. Safe Car and trouble-free ownership ( minimal trips to Service Center)
  2. After-sales service and maintenance cost
  3. Ride quality and Comfort with minimal off-road capability
  4. Silent Cabin ( Attending meetings in Duster is very difficult)

On a side note, Mahindra has more than 1 Lakhs bookings for XUV700, Scorpio, and Thar each. How would they manage After Sales Service without increasing the number of Service Centers and without reducing the Service Quality? Not sure if this is something I need to worry about if I go with XUV 700.

Note: I haven't considered any German Cars for now because of the (owner) reviews I see here and from my known circle.
samraat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 21:20   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by samraat View Post
Although I have been following team-bhp for quite some time, this is my first post, and I am looking for your help to decide on my next car.
I am in similar situation as yours - a booking of XUV with delivery no where in sight and still looking for a good SUV in Tucson. Only difference is that my preference is Petrol due to choice of fuel as well as the extra 4L+ premium.

Last edited by ampere : 10th September 2022 at 21:33. Reason: trimmed quoted post
vvidhate is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks