Old 18th February 2023, 23:53   #961
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsachin View Post
Provided some details of package
1. Ex-Showroom price Rs 191900
Congratulations.

I recall exshowroom price was 18.99 lacs for V strong hybrid variant at launch time. You may want to check with showroom.
baarish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 01:19   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got the delivery of my Hyryder today.
Had booked my Hyryder in Red/Black colour G-Hybrid Variant on 18/11/23 at Espirit Toyota Noida Was waiting eagerly for delivery since my booking. Although the verbal assurance was given for delivery by March 2023 but on booking form, confirmed delivery time was 7/8 months.
Congrats on your new ride. I had also booked a Red dual tone Hyryder (V variant though) and finally ended up accepting a Single tone Blue V that the dealer said was immediately available in late December. Apart from the fact that my work schedule is hampering time I would like to have spent driving the car, have found it to be a great ride and I'm enjoying all the features, especially the 360 degree camera. Wishing you many worry-free miles with the Hyryder.
IonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 07:36   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarish84 View Post
I recall exshowroom price was 18.99 lacs for V strong hybrid variant at launch time. You may want to check with showroom.
Indeed ex showroom price was 18.99, but it was 19. 19 for dual tone. Both G-Hybrid and V-Hybrid are offered in Dual Tone variants which are priced 20K higher.

Present(Feb onwards) Ex- showroom price for V-Hybrid Dual tone, is 19.69/...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave547 View Post
What was the insurance quote provided by the dealer?
The initial insurance quote provided by the dealer was 70k. The lowest they could provide was from Bajaj Allianz (55000). Infact the quote provided by dealer had lesser add-ons.
The insurance agent at the dealer tried to trick me saying that Toyota doesn't provide cashless for Tata AIG. But I instantly confirmed from two Toyota workshops (Galaxy Toyota Delhi, Uttam Toyota , Noida) and they confirmed that Toyota does honour cashless claims from Tata AIG customers.
Quotes obtained by me from my own agent and direct from insurance companies were.

1. Tata AIG- Rs40500(Own agent)
2. Royal Sundaram - Rs38000(Direct company).Royal Sundaram representative said , as part of company policy engine protection is considered part of Zero-Dep. Initial quote 48k later revised to 44k. Finally reduced to 38k.
3. Acko- 38k.

IDV for all the quotes from different companies is 1823050(5% less than Ex- showroom)
And none of the quote had any deductibles other than mandatory.

I choose Tata AIG as the quote included lot of add-on including those which I may never need (Were offered as a package). Also since it's from my own agent. And third i think although Royal Sundaram is also a good company but it sounds more like a South Indian company. And I don't know how good it's coverage is in North India.
Acko's quote was obtained only for negotiation purpose from other companies.

The only downside i could figure out is the possible duration of Zero Dep coverage. I know Iffko Tokio provides Zero- Dep till 10years of vehicle age. And most other companies including Tata AIG provides zero dep coverage till 5 years only. I would like to know from others if Iffko Tokio allows Zero dep coverage to policy holders who port into their company at the end of 5 years.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave547 View Post
Actually this information was posted and confirmed by other members on this group.
https://www.mycarhelpline.com/index....d=38&Itemid=91
Sir I am only saying don't look for manufacturing date from engine number but check at VIN number only , as suggested in the article. I would like to share by an example. The attached photo is obtained from the windshield of a Test drive vehicle (V-Hybrid) at Espirit Toyota Noida, which is in use since oct 2022. It's Manufactured in sept 2022 but carry "NA code" in engine number. So this confirms "NA code" in engine number doesn't mean its manufactured in 2023
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img20230215115613.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 21st February 2023 at 18:18. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
drsachin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 12:48   #964
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota i-connect app review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audik75 View Post
The car can be unlocked with the app provided one has locked the car using the app.
Tried locking the car using the app. Didn't show any option to unlock it via the app.
Old 20th February 2023, 15:28   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Tried locking the car using the app. Didn't show any option to unlock it via the app.
Yup, it covers limited connect features (courtesy Suzuki's affordability to pay the developers build the app and then stop any additional features due to cost). In comparison Hyundai Creta bluelink has 55+ features.

Last edited by OpenRoads : 20th February 2023 at 15:53.
OpenRoads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 10:15   #966
BHPian

Quote:
The only downside i could figure out is the possible duration of Zero Dep coverage. I know Iffko Tokio provides Zero- Dep till 10years of vehicle age. And most other companies including Tata AIG provides zero dep coverage till 5 years only. I would like to know from others if Iffko Tokio allows Zero dep coverage to policyholders who port into their company at the end of 5 years.?
You have to renew the starting 5th-year insurance with Iffco Tokio.
I recently renewed My 2016 Honda City 8th year zero dep from Tata Aig to Future Generali and had a claim with Tata Aig policy. Future Generali is now catching up to Iffco Tokio for zero dep.
Wizaro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 16:58   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
YFuture Generali is now catching up to Iffco Tokio for zero dep.
Thanks i will get my 5th insurance from Iffco tokio. Future Generali provides very competitive quotes but their claim process is not smooth. I had a very poor experience with Future Generali while taking claim for my previous car. I had comprehensive insurance, first their surveyor took a long time to clear claim. And later their surveyor included numerous parts in 50% depression (Mostly those with composite material).My car was 3 year old then. And numerous others (Wires, Harness)in consumables which had 100% depreciation. While there is no proper definition for consumables or composites, i shared literature with him to show which parts to be taken as metals or consumables. Later after numerous complaints the company included few parts from consumables to 50% dep. The whole process left a bitter taste, and i never renewed any insurance for any of my cars with them. The whole claim process was not at all smooth. My car was with the workshop for about a month. And insurance company almost wasted 15days of those. The surveyor during conversation appeared poorly educated, but he was a stubborn guy.
Never had these issues with other companies such as(Tata AIG, National Insurance). Infact claim process has been smoothest with government companies who hardly created any fuss in proclaiming which part to be included in which category.
Hyryder is the first car for which I have done Zero Dep

Last edited by drsachin : 21st February 2023 at 17:00.
drsachin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 18:14   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
...What's also nice is that it pinpoints the accurate GPS location of the vehicle, and you can also create a geo fence, speed restrictions and driver alerts should you wish to monitor how your chauffeur or someone else is driving your car. ...
The geo fence and speed restrictions does not work as intended, when I tested. Tried it multiple times. Neither got any alert nor an app message.

Like that all invoices are also available in this app.

Try the Smart Play cast app. It can be used to update the entertainment system firmware. Maruti has already given a version upgrade but Toyota is yet to release.

While at this, got my rear seat belts (LH and RH) changed under warranty. Had a call from them saying vehicle has a recall and to come in for the fix.
Old 23rd February 2023, 12:53   #969
BHPian

I have done 300kms till now , so here is my initial review.

Pros

1. Build quality: After my car reached home from the showroom. The very next day while I was taking out my car from basement 2 towards basement 1 on the ramp . I saw a wagonR going ahead of me but stopped suddenly once it reached basement 1. I patiently waited at the start of ramp on basement 2 for wagonR to clear the ramp. After 5 mins the car started but the driver lost control and instead of moving ahead started rolling backwards and before I could do anything it crashed on my car. The car was atleast 5/6 meters ahead of me when it started rolling back. My heart almost came to my mouth and i was sure a big damage has happened.

The car had only 30kms on ODO. Based on my experience with my previous car fluidic verna i was sure the radiator would have been damaged. I slowly brought my car to safety and when i checked the car, to my disbelief there was none. I took out the car in sunlight and could only spot a small barely noticeable dent on Bonet and a small crack on the grey grill. The bumper had slightly come off the fender latches on both sides but moved back easily on moderate pressure. The wagonR on the other hand had a big dent on the boot door and the rear bumper. So this incident has reassured my belief in car build quality in areas where it matter the most.
The car doors are definitely light specially the rear ones. The driver side doors have adequate weight. They appear noticeable heavier then the display car in the showroom. It seems they have improved in the 2023 car, not sure though. The doors also close in single attempt unlike the showroom car.

2. Gearbox. Gear box is super smooth. I have driven numerous automatic cars in last 3 months but this automatic gear box feels best. The power delivery is adequate and on demand. It appears even better than DCT gearbox, thanks to EV boost when required. The changeover from EV to engine mode is flawless. The only time there is a jerk is when the engine powers up while the car is on Parking mode. NVH levels of 3 cylinder engine is acceptable and during the move i have to check the EV/Engine shifter demo on the display to know which mode it's operating. Yes when you go full throttle only then it has grunt of a diesel engine.

3. Power delivery: Pick up is really good specially for the city. EV boost really helps closing gaps and overtaking. Not driven more than 70kms/hr yet but driving this car is absolute fun in city traffic.

4. HUD: This is the feature i am enjoying the most and now it has become my must use among feature list. It helps keeping the eyes on the road ahead without checking the mode(P, R, N, D, B) on the gear stick which could be dangerous for a newbie automatic driver like me. Also Google map directions on the HUD is a bliss. Helps you in challan prone Delhi roads to keep speeds within limits.

5. 360 camera. Again a must have feature for a raised SUV in both congested parkings and traffic jams where the front and left areas become blind spots. It helps negotiating tight roads. It's a boon in Delhi traffic jams, where a 2 meter gap is occupied by another car and 0.5 meter gap is used by bikers to crisscross. Now the front camera helps in closing this gap. .

6. Inside space. While the front is roomier and front seats are too comfortable. The rear seats are upright so old people used to sedans will complain and only 3 adults of moderate build can only fit. The rear AC ducts are also intrusive.

7. Brakes No complaints.

8. Fuel economy: Driven only in the city and large part of it in bumper to bumper traffic where even diesel cars return poor economy. My average till now is 19kms/litre and rising everyday.

9. Music system: Touch response is good, far better than the newly launched MG hector which I checked few days back. The speakers in V- Hybrid are really good , may not be comparable to Bose or JBL in other cars but i have no complaints. Twitters could be better though. With G-Hybrid i felt the need to swap the OEM speakers to aftermarket ones.

10. Suspension is really good and has a European car feel. It's on stiffer side.

Cons

1. AC: The summers have just started and ac feels barely adequate. Contrary to popular belief i think it's not because of the mosquito net shade but it's actually due to the Pano sunroof. It almost becomes a glass house due to big sunroof with heat entrapped beneath it.

2. Voice controls. I really don't know what do they do. With almost every command they either say this function is not supported or they refer to Android auto. I wish the Android auto voice controls should also have been supported by stearing mounted control.

3. Placement of steering controls. Although the steering response is good, so is the the steering feel , the placement of steering controls is just not good specially the music system controls. Also i feel the 360 camera button should also be steering mounted.

4. Fuel economy display shows average economy or instantaneous economy. But i wish it also included fuel economy since every tank fill.

5. Thick A pillars. A piller is a big time blind spot

6. Horn is very weak.

7. Some rattle sounds from rear seat. I really don't know where it's coming

8. Official accessories:

a) Don't buy official Door Visors or floor mats. Whosoever designed the official door Visors did so while sleeping. It increases the already thick A-Pillar to almost double. A big time no. My wife wants me to remove it immediately.

b) Official 3D Floor mats don't cover paddle areas where it's needed the most. The dead pedal is totally exposed and it's only carpet there. So don't buy unless provided complimentary.

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd February 2023 at 23:15. Reason: Spacing for better readability
drsachin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 17:18   #970
BHPian

Quote:

The initial insurance quote provided by the dealer was 70k. The lowest they could provide was from Bajaj Allianz (55000). Infact the quote provided by dealer had lesser add-ons.
The insurance agent at the dealer tried to trick me saying that Toyota doesn't provide cashless for Tata AIG.
Members who already have purchased the Hybrid variant please chime in.
My friend is getting a V hybrid and Toyota's own insurance cover 'Toyota Protect Delight with battery cover' is around 72K. The executive was convincing me that even though the quote appears inflated, only Toyota insurance covers the battery in the case of a rear impact. Is that the case?

Are there any insurance providers who also provide a battery cover pack?
Old 23rd February 2023, 18:26   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_the_Don View Post
Members who already have purchased the Hybrid variant please chime in.
My friend is getting a V hybrid and Toyota's own insurance cover 'Toyota Protect Delight with battery cover' is around 72K. The executive was convincing me that even though the quote appears inflated, only Toyota insurance covers the battery in the case of a rear impact. Is that the case?

Are there any insurance providers who also provide a battery cover pack?
I had the same doubt but couldn't get enough clarity which is why I proceeded with Toyota's insurance.

Quote:
Contrary to popular belief i think it's not because of the mosquito net shade but it's actually due to the Pano sunroof.
While I do agree with most of the points you've made, I do have to disagree with this one. I feel it is the net that is the cause of excess heat in the cabin. I have sat in other cars with panoramic sunroof and didn't experience this kind of heat (in Bangalore in December when it's a lot colder) like I did with the Hyryder. Made me downgrade from the G variant to the S and now I'm glad I did (with temperatures reaching 30-32 degrees).
Cruzn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 22:30   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_the_Don View Post
The executive was convincing me that even though the quote appears inflated, only Toyota insurance covers the battery in the case of a rear impact.
Thats a big lie and height of manipulative practice. My Toyota insurance agent too initially shared the same battery shield add-on picture. But now he agrees there is no such add-on approved by IRDA yet. Infact even for proper electric vehicles there is no special battery or motor protection add-on besides usual Engine Protection. EV buyers only get 15% discount on Third party , rest all policy wordings are same. IRDA is yet to come up with any such add-on approvals.

I also saw insurance policies of buyers who got insurance through "Toyota protect". Their policy has no such words mentioning "Battery protection/Motor protection" or even "Toyota protect".

I confirmed from a friend of mine who works as a "Freelance surveyor". He too confirmed there is no difference in claims made on policies acquired through usual insurance Agents or fancied OEM brokers such as "Honda assure or Toyota protect"

Then i checked.with insurance companies directly. And almost all of them said that there is no Such battery or motor add-on. And infact you don't even need "Engine Protection" if you have taken "Zero Dep" . As zero dep covers bumper to bumper for all accidental claims with few exceptions.

Almost all of them suggested to avoid Engine protection add-on if taking"Zero dep cover". Engine protection only covers few exceptional non-accidental damages such as floods etc. Same goes with Tyre protection. Tyre are covered in "Zero dep" if damaged in accidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
I feel it is the net that is the cause of excess heat in the cabin.
Well if that's indeed true i will try to solve this issue by using Sunroof tinting or may be a future accessory where they apply some sort of opaque cloth over mosquito net.
The reason I say it may not be mosquito net because I am not feeling proper cooling even in non sunny time. So i thought it may be because of glass house effect. Or in worse case AC itself is not effective.

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd February 2023 at 23:16. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
drsachin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 23:12   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Well if that's indeed true i will try to solve this issue by using Sunroof tinting or may be a future accessory where they apply some sort of opaque cloth over mosquito net.
The reason I say it may not be mosquito net because I am not feeling proper cooling even in non sunny time. So i thought it may be because of glass house effect. Or in worse case AC itself is not effective.
I had initially considered this option of excess tinting as well but then realised it would defeat the purpose of having a panoramic sunroof.

Having an additional cloth on the net might not be practical especially when you want to open the sunroof as this could cause it to get stuck when it folds. This might lead to further issues. Definitely wouldn't suggest that.

Haven't heard a single issue yet with the AC but wouldn't hurt to get that checked.

Please keep us posted if you find a solution.
Cruzn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 15:21   #974

As some one who first coined the term 'mosquito mesh' for the protective, synthetic cloth-cover in sunroof (strangely everyone seems to call it as a mosquito mesh nowadays, while it indeed does the job to capturing all unwanted things, including leaves, paper, empty ciggratte packs & buts, deadly spiders, insects, used pan parag sachets, used tissue paper, pototo chips packs, all sorts of flying trash on the road, when sun-roof is opened): let me humbly offer some inputs.

The AC is indeed weak. It simply cant handle the large area inside the SUV.

Sunfilm tining of ALL exposed windows is a absolute must.

Suggest you keep the AC on, all the time. Fyi, since we have a full/strong hybrid, the AC unit has a independant, electrical power unit.

Install a high quality tint/film for sun-roof too. Almost all mechanics instal only the RTO approved sunfilms. (Pls read my earlier post on what brand..etc)
But this alone won't suffice.

Place/stick a super-thin silver foil (the type that is used to pack rothi/naan, underneath the glass of the sun roof. Use a thin double-sided tape to stick it.
This will magically improve the coolness inside the Hyryder! Btw, a roll of silver wrapper costs peanuts.

If you can't get a most affordable silver foil for whatever reason, stick the Kelloggs Cornflakes large eco pack cover, after flattening it out. The cover has silver foil lining on the inside. Perhaps this will give you an idea of how 100% of heat can be blocked out.
Btw, pls note that this solution will not let you open/close the sunroof, which is anyway a completely unwanted thinge in this hot indian summer.

Aside to all this, changing the most-dissapointing, pathetic horn is mandatory. With foresight, better do it before a too expensive accident! Its just a plug & play on the horn sockets. No wires cut or skinned..etc, hence warranty intact. However, pls do it with a experienced mechanic who knows how to open the front bumper & put it back on properly.

If you are into long distance driving, lumbar support is really needed.

Until 3rd servicing fill only high octane petrol.

For ease of changing drive modes, purchase a cushioned, leather gear-shift cover. Will send snaps on request.

Talking about safety & investment, buy a good, reliable, high quality dashcam. After extensive research & feedback from drivers & mechanics, the indisputably best available in India is the Viofo A129 pro.

[/b]Goodluck & safe travels.
Prakash Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 18:04   #975
BHPian

So I see that the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara bagged the Car of the Year at the Autocar Awards this year.

Can we consider the Hyryder won too?

I wasn't able to find why and how Maruti beat Toyota to it. Anyone know how they came to this conclusion?

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ds-2023-427393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakash Rao View Post
Aside to all this, changing the most-dissapointing, pathetic horn is mandatory.

For ease of changing drive modes, purchase a cushioned, leather gear-shift cover. Will send snaps on request.
I agree on the horn. Not lively or menacing enough. Have you changed yours? Could you let me know what have you installed?

Same on the gear shift cover. Would appreciate what you are currently using. Photos would definitely help.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th February 2023 at 17:12. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Cruzn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks