Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2023, 10:42   #661
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Are accessories for the Hycross now available in the open market? Even basic things like floor mats? I am really not motivated to go in for the floor mats from the dealer. But if nothing else is available in Bangalore (or online), then would be left with no choice. Ideally would like to go in for something like Pharoah floor mats.
Since the officials accesories have started comeing out in one or two months aftermarkets will come.

Since Hycross has flat Floors it will be easy to get custom aftermarkets like Pharoah. If once person gets it done from them then they will have the design and they will start selling it.
Old 3rd February 2023, 12:38   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Are accessories for the Hycross now available in the open market? Even basic things like floor mats? I am really not motivated to go in for the floor mats from the dealer. But if nothing else is available in Bangalore (or online), then would be left with no choice. Ideally would like to go in for something like Pharoah floor mats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I'll highly recommend 3m nomad mats available with any 3m car care outlets. They are cut to the size of the car. So model compatibility is not an issue as well.
I would advice against 3M Nomad in Hycross. It is a flat floor and doesn't have a notch/bowl like design to hold something as flexible as Nomad mats. The floor is in fact higher than the running board. Worse part is the battery under front seats - this will mean you can't carve the Nomad mats such that it goes under the front seats. If you can make a provision to lock the mats to the floor, go for it. Otherwise, it will be better to wait for an aftermarket 7D mat or a 3D mat like Kagu - these will stay put in place and won't move around creating a mess.
vinodvayyat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 13:59   #663

Does anyone have a clue if the Hycross is now available on display in any of the showrooms in the NCR or Chandigarh. I have been following up with Galaxy, Esprit and Uttam, but none of the 3 showrooms have any clue. While good to read that showrooms down South have it on display.
Old 3rd February 2023, 14:04   #664
BHPian

Updates / inputs:
1. Visited Nandi Toyota Kudlu today to have a better look at the VX. They didn’t have a VX on display but there were 2 for delivery / test drive.
Had taken my wife along as well.
Observations (not repeating what has been said or is known)
a. We did find it too plasticky no doubt, but there didn’t seem to be a problem with the fit / finish.
Note (to be taken with a bucketload of salt) The SA mentioned that this is a new grade of plastic which does not burn / melt in case of fires and just smokes out. Similar plastic with different finish is there on high end cars such as Lexus (I warned you!).
b. comfort level on the middle bench seat is really high. More than ample leg space. The battery under the front row doesn’t come across as an impediment.
c. last row comfort and leg space also good.
d. Tyres did not seem as undersized as initially thought
e. Wheel arch cladding not present in the VX in fact looked better (to the wife)

Overall, we seem to be ok with this (subject to test drive).

Timelines (one more bucket of salt pls) - test drives available my weekend (which became Monday and early next week in some time). Deliveries start next week.

2. Told the SA that insurance is much cheaper from outside and he was OK with us buying insurance from elsewhere

3. Registration he told can be done with KA 01/04/51 whichever we want. Any advice on whether it makes any difference?

4. Accessories - I don’t plan to buy any accessories from Toyota specially since I haven’t seen them and they are horribly over priced. But I might make an exception given that I won’t buy insurance from them.
Also I contacted Pharaoh and they said that Hycross floor mats will arrive in a month.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 14:13   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Updates / inputs:
1. Visited Nandi Toyota Kudlu today to have a better look at the VX. They didn’t have a VX on display but there were 2 for delivery / test drive.
Had taken my wife along as well.
Observations (not repeating what has been said or is known)

Timelines (one more bucket of salt pls) - test drives available my weekend (which became Monday and early next week in some time). Deliveries start next week.

4. Accessories - I don’t plan to buy any accessories from Toyota specially since I haven’t seen them and they are horribly over priced. But I might make an exception given that I won’t buy insurance from them.
Also I contacted Pharaoh and they said that Hycross floor mats will arrive in a month.

Nandi toyota at Kudlu Gate does have accessories on display right. And i guess you could try asking them for a discount on accessories.

And where u able to see the car that they alloted to you ?
Old 3rd February 2023, 17:42   #666

Posting in detail to ask for advice (and some help!) regarding my Innova Hycross ZX(O) (Blackish Ageha Glass Flake) booked with Nandi Toyota Hosur Road, and scheduled to be delivered sometime next week.

I've been in the market for a 7+ seater for nearly a year now, with my use case being primarily city driving with the occasional outstation drive. We're a fairly large family (wife and I, 2 kids, dog, nanny, occasionally my parents), so interior space and safety are primary concerns. I had finally picked the XUV700 and made 2 parallel bookings in June 2022 with different dealerships in Bangalore. Test drive was lovely - brilliant engine, though the steering was too light. The experience post booking was terrible though (I still have a delivery date in early 2024), and the lack of 3rd row and boot space were constantly on my mind. When the Hycross came on the scene, I jumped at the possibility of a better alternative and made a pre-booking with the dealer on 24 November, prior to bookings officially opening. This (along with determined followup and multiple showroom visits) seems to have paid off, because I got a call on Tuesday saying that my car had been allotted. I had gone to the dealership the previous week to view the car in person, and I was satisfied overall, and did not see any compromises that I had not been mentally prepared for based on reviews. The only question was whether to go ahead and make a token down payment and take delivery without even a test drive. Tough question given that this would be the most expensive purchase we'd ever made as a family, but circumstances (needing a 7 seater asap) and trust in the reliability+resale value of the Toyota brand made us decide to go ahead. So I'm now in a position where I've made a partial downpayment, confirmed that I can take delivery next week, and loan has been sanctioned. I've just been informed that my vehicle has reached the dealer's stockyard, and that I can come in to do a PDI anytime. So the questions before me now are:

1. Any Innova Hycross hybrid-specific PDI checklists available out there?

2. Neither my wife nor I have ever done a PDI for a car, so (long shot, I know) any kind Team-BHP veterans out there free to accompany me for a PDI at Nandi Toyota Hosur Road sometime in the next 2-3 days? Beer/coffee on me!

3. I'm sourcing insurance quotes from the usual suspects including Acko, but I'm a bit concerned about whether they will cover the NiMH battery for the hybrid powertrain. Is this something I need to actually worry about given the separate manufacturer warranty for the battery?

4. I've seen the discussions on this thread regarding tyre size, and while I'd like to maximise comfort with better sidewalls, it feels like no one is in a position to give definitive advice given that test drives haven't begun. So does it make sense to defer this decision to later, even though that would drive down the resale value of the stock tyres?

5. Any recommendations for a place to get PPF or ceramic coating done (haven't made up my mind between the two) in/around Koramangala?

6. What else should I look out for when it comes to my dealings with the dealer? What should I ask for prior to making the rest of the down payment and signing the loan documentation? Any advice specific to Nandi Toyota in particular would be welcome!

Separately, if there are any other Innova Hycross buyers in Bangalore about to take delivery who want to get together to share experiences and pool learnings, DM me.

Pardon the long post! This is my first time actively participating on Team-BHP - I have been a lurker for many years, and am quite enthusiastic about becoming more active here and documenting my Hycross delivery and ownership experience.
necrogen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 19:04   #667
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrogen View Post
1. Any Innova Hycross hybrid-specific PDI checklists available out there?

2. Neither my wife nor I have ever done a PDI for a car, so (long shot, I know) any kind Team-BHP veterans out there free to accompany me for a PDI at Nandi Toyota Hosur Road sometime in the next 2-3 days? Beer/coffee on me!
No Hybrid-specific PDIs as such, but this thread typically covers most points:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ml#post5458827 (ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List)

Quote:
3. I'm sourcing insurance quotes from the usual suspects including Acko, but I'm a bit concerned about whether they will cover the NiMH battery for the hybrid powertrain. Is this something I need to actually worry about given the separate manufacturer warranty for the battery?
Warranty and insurance are two separate things. The SAs are using the guise of Hybrid tech to persuade you to get dealer-issued insurance. I was told the same. Do insist on them matching a quote you get from an aggregator.

Quote:
6. What else should I look out for when it comes to my dealings with the dealer? What should I ask for prior to making the rest of the down payment and signing the loan documentation? Any advice specific to Nandi Toyota in particular would be welcome!
Do a PDI before you disburse the loan.

Congrats on the car! Yours might be one of the very first on the forum.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 21:55   #668
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
This (along with determined followup and multiple showroom visits) seems to have paid off, because I got a call on Tuesday saying that my car had been allotted. I had gone to the dealership the previous week to view the car in person, and I was satisfied overall, and did not see any compromises that I had not been mentally prepared for based on reviews.
Congrats on your new car

I guess then this car at Nandi Toyota is for you. They told me it's a customer-allocated vehicle.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-pxl_20230131_121212461.jpg
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-pxl_20230131_121233780.jpg

Last edited by Sheel : 4th February 2023 at 07:54. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
jerin.v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 01:36   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Posting in detail to ask for advice (and some help!) regarding my Innova Hycross ZX(O) (Blackish Ageha Glass Flake) booked with Nandi Toyota Hosur Road, and scheduled to be delivered sometime next week.

Congrats on the allotment! I'm a Nandi Toyota Whitefield customer, so been to their near Kudlu gate for my Hyryder PDI. Nothing specific beyond the Team BHP checklist, but I'd recommend you take a proper detailed video of the car at the stockyard in order to compare with on delivery date.

In my case unfortunately the car developed a deep scratch and a few small scratches between PDI day and delivery day, and had to go through several arguments to get it rectified before I got the car. Video showing a spotless car on PDI day was helpful for sure. As others have said, ensure you authorize loan disbursement and car registration only post PDI. Also, recommend inspecting the car thoroughly on delivery day before you sign any of the documents. I had made the mistake of signing the delivery confirmation before I saw the car (and discovered the scratch). Just take some of these precautions and hopefully your delivery will go smoothly. Enjoy the drive!
IonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 07:48   #670
BHPian

My car too is ready for delivery. I could not do PDI in person as I am down with viral fever. So I had asked the SA to share video, pictures and a WhatsApp call from the yard.

I am getting an insurance quote of 76,000 that covers zero dep, return to invoice, consumables, etc. Is it reasonable for 24.06 ex showroom price?
Upgrade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 08:50   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerin.v View Post
Nandi toyota at Kudlu Gate does have accessories on display right. And i guess you could try asking them for a discount on accessories.

And where u able to see the car that they alloted to you ?
Hi

1. I did not go to the accessories section yesterday but had seen them last week. To me they seemed horribly over priced and not VFM.

2. No, my car is not yet allocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post

I am getting an insurance quote of 76,000 that covers zero dep, return to invoice, consumables, etc. Is it reasonable for 24.06 ex showroom price?
I’ve got a similar quote from TATA AIG.

Additional note - I saw 2 VX’s yesterday. One was with Apollo tyres and the other with Goodyear assurance tyres.
Old 4th February 2023, 08:55   #672
Distinguished - BHPian

Faridabad dealer says that their display car is yet to be dispatched from the factory. People are already taking deliveries in other parts of the country.

There is no word on E20 compliance for the HyCross either. The service and training teams continue to have no clue. This is hugely important, especially when the Hyryder hybrid’s owner’s manual states that the engine is fully E10 compliant but has very vague wordings on E20, putting the ball in the owner’s court - basically, use at your own risk.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 09:36   #673
BHPian

Does anyone know about availability of display cars in Delhi?

Last edited by shikh_oberoi : 4th February 2023 at 09:37.
Old 4th February 2023, 09:36   #674
BHPian

I got quotes from Royal Sundaram and HDFC ergo
Both are for ZX(O)

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20230203144858.png
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20230203143704.png
jerin.v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 10:01   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
There is no word on E20 compliance for the HyCross either. The service and training teams continue to have no clue. This is hugely important, especially when the Hyryder hybrid’s owner’s manual states that the engine is fully E10 compliant but has very vague wordings on E20, putting the ball in the owner’s court - basically, use at your own risk.
Thanks Shreyans for highlighting the E20 issue in this thread as it needs to be discussed. Indeed E20 fuel (ethanol 20%+petrol 80%) compatibility is hugely important and I think as per govt rules (and they keep changing), all cars need to be E20 compatible by 2023(?) and E20 will become standard in petrol pumps by 2025 (?). So in a way petrol will become new diesel in near future in terms of issues incompatible fuel causes to vehicle.

There is a whole thread about it in team-bhp but we all keep forgetting about the importance of it in our zeal of getting the new car home. The continuously shifting nature of these deadlines do not help either. This is esp important of those who are planning to keep their cars for next 15 years, like yours truly.
BlueJay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks