Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2023, 18:20   #301
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Verna owners, how do you find the GC of the car? For those especially in Bangalore, is the car able to manage the crazy speed breakers and potholes with 4 people and luggage?
So far it's been ok. Didn't get any scrapes so far as I've been really slow over humps. Didn't encounter any badly made humps so far. The main part I'm worried about is the extended 2 fins and the long overhang of the front bumper especially when encountering steep slopes.
Grand Tourer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 12:08   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Verna owners, how do you find the GC of the car? For those especially in Bangalore, is the car able to manage the crazy speed breakers and potholes with 4 people and luggage?
Having done a cross country trip across some really bad roads on the Khajuraho - Seoni leg, road construction near Sakleshpur on another trip and in general driving in Bangalore, haven't faced any issues.
Just keep in mind - it's a sedan with relatively low GC ( compared to crossovers) and hence slow down/ crawl depending on the size of the speed breaker. For the really bad ones, I do go diagonally just as added precaution.
Apart from this, nothing should stop one from the joy of driving a sedan ( I for one, am rediscovering that joy after a few SUVs/ Crossovers)
FAIAAA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 17:29   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIAAA View Post
Apart from this, nothing should stop one from the joy of driving a sedan ( I for one, am rediscovering that joy after a few SUVs/ Crossovers)
Tell me about it. I used to drive the old Baleno sedan for 11 years. So I am familiar with the joy of driving and pain of scraping the crazy speed breakers.. Gave up the Baleno with a heavy heart and moved to a cross over.
Old 25th June 2023, 17:51   #304
BHPian

I am getting noise from the brakes if the vehicle has been parked for few days and start it again. The noise lasts only for initial startup and crawling and it doesn't occur again when braking while driving. Is anyone else facing the same? If so any solution for the same would be so helpful.
Old 25th June 2023, 19:42   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post
I am getting noise from the brakes if the vehicle has been parked for few days and start it again. The noise lasts only for initial startup and crawling and it doesn't occur again when braking while driving. Is anyone else facing the same? If so any solution for the same would be so helpful.
Scroll up a few posts. I have explained the issue there in detail. What you are experiencing is called brake groan. It is normal for it to be more pronounced in TC & CVT AT cars, not uncommon on DCTs either.
ashivas89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 08:55   #306
BHPian

For Verna Owners: Do you guys notice that upon starting the car and being at standstill, it goes to a higher RPM ~1500 and stays there for about 20 seconds and makes a lot of engine noise as well before settling fown to ~800 RPM all while at standstill. Is this normal behaviour that all cars do while starting? I don't remember noticing this on my Honda Jazz.
Old 26th June 2023, 12:15   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
For Verna Owners: Do you guys notice that upon starting the car and being at standstill, it goes to a higher RPM ~1500 and stays there for about 20 seconds and makes a lot of engine noise as well before settling fown to ~800 RPM all while at standstill. Is this normal behaviour that all cars do while starting? I don't remember noticing this on my Honda Jazz.
It is normal for the RPM to rise up when we start the car. This has happened in my elite i20(2018) too and the current Verna(2023) too. Nothing to panic. Check this forum - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...pm-levels.html (Query about cold start RPM levels)
Old 26th June 2023, 21:57   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

1000 km done

Not a car, this is spaceship haha

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20230626_184513.jpg

225 45 R17 Bluearth GT tyres totally transformed the dynamics of the car. Handling is brilliant on ghats now.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th June 2023 at 03:59. Reason: As requested.
Dr.Naren is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 23:56   #309
BHPian

Folks, posting my question again, I am planning to get the coating done in a week or so, would appreciate any guidance on this aspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetFailure View Post
A question to other folks, have you gone for anti rust coating on the under body, was it via Hyundai or from 3rd party ?
Hyundai service center was quoting me around 3000 and 3M quoted 5000, would appreciate inputs here. My car is already 2 months old.
=====================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Lenso Conquista wrapped in 225 45 R17 Yokohama Bluearth GT

Initial observations: Good improvement in steering feel, handling, quick lane changes, and braking. Ride is stiffer now, it was too comfortable on stock setup
Looks really nice! Can you shed some light on the following:
1) How much did the wheels and tyres cost you?
2) What did you do with the older wheels and tyres?
3) You went with installation and purchase from the same dealer or acquired and installed separately?
4) How did you transfer and recalibrate the TPMS module?

Last edited by BudgetFailure : 26th June 2023 at 23:58. Reason: Added a question
Old 27th June 2023, 00:26   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetFailure View Post
Looks really nice! Can you shed some light on the following:
1) How much did the wheels and tyres cost you?
2) What did you do with the older wheels and tyres?
3) You went with installation and purchase from the same dealer or acquired and installed separately?
4) How did you transfer and recalibrate the TPMS module?
1. 62k for wheels and 44k for tyres
2. Got a good deal, 45k for OE tyres and wheels
3. Aftermarket
4. Just installed the OE sensors in new wheels, no issues at all.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 11:45   #311
Senior - BHPian

Hi All, I have booked a New Verna 2023 black DCT, most probably will take delivery of the new car next week. It will be primarily for my wife, however I feel I'm the one who is going to drive it more often, considering its features.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th July 2023 at 12:23. Reason: Typos
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 12:03   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi All, I have booked a New Verna 2023 black DCT, most probably will take delivery of the new car next week. It will be primarily for my wife, however I feel I'm the one who is going to drive it more often, considering its features.
Given the awesomeness of the car, I'm sure you will miss out a lot if you don't drive it. Congrats to you and wifey. It's a great car to drive

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th July 2023 at 12:24. Reason: Quoted post edited
Grand Tourer is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 12:32   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi All, I have booked a New Verna 2023 black DCT, most probably will take delivery of the new car next week. It will be primarily for my wife, however I feel I'm the one who is going to drive it more often, considering it's features
One to two weeks delivery? Does that mean the waiting period is over?
Old 30th June 2023, 12:41   #314
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
Verna has a maximum one month waiting period, that too for select variants, the sedan segment isn't the best-selling in the market no more, and dealers more often than not have ready stock, so yes, you can say it is available on short notice, at least in my state. The situation is likely to be the same elsewhere as well.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 03:31   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
Dealer is a friend of mine, we are actually buying 2 Vernas in the family. We are getting our cars in less than 4 days, as he is taking care of the delivery time lines.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th July 2023 at 12:24. Reason: A word.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks