Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2023, 14:47   #331
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Attachment 2471801

[*]The manual does not mention anything on the break-in period/ run-in. What is the thumb-rule for running-in? I know that there is a lot on information here in TBHP, however, will really appreciate if owners with new cars (any; not necessarily Verna) can comment as engine tech might have changed over the years.
I remember this being mentioned in the manual somewhere and it was also posted in this forum. Break-in period is till 1st service i.e. 1200 kms approx.
ulag62442 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 18:38   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
I remember this being mentioned in the manual somewhere and it was also posted in this forum. Break-in period is till 1st service i.e. 1200 kms approx.
Thank you, I found it in the online manual. Online manual has more information (than the book) and it's easy to search for a particular topic.
Old 8th July 2023, 07:00   #333
Senior - BHPian

My new Verna(Zeus) is all prepped and ready to get PPF done. My other cars at home are on Avery Dennison PPF and opting for the same for Zeus too.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20230707_181350.jpg  

Last edited by getsurya : 8th July 2023 at 07:02.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 18:56   #334
BHPian

V_Nyx's first hit

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img20230708wa0000.jpeg

I was distracted by the car to my left who came very close which made me panic and I hit the car in front of me. Bonnet, number plate, back side of the grill got damaged. Front collision warning would have saved me if I had not turned it off

PS : I didn't speed up. It was in the traffic near the toll plaza.
V_Nyx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 16:24   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityslicker86 View Post
We have a 5th Gen City at home and I just drove it after having driven the Verna (not on the same day though). Few observations:
[list][*]While visually Verna's interior may look better, the overall quality of plastics, gloss and tactile feel of the buttons is better in City. It just feels slightly more premium

Unlike what has been written over the T-BHP homepage this post does not mention 10 points as to how City is more premium than Verna.

Anyways about this post, agreed with most of the points and as someone who knows both these cars, had previous gen City for 9 years and now moved to Verna.

Test drove both the cars before finalising on Verna for my sister, Verna honestly feels much more premium than anything in the segment, the quality and feel of interiors is surely special and a notch above its competitors, then the overall NVH of not just the engine (which is stupendously silent) but the overall lack of outside noise makes it feel much more like a D segment car than any of these cars ever have, so much so that I am seriously thinking of selling my Creta and getting another Verna in the house, a Turbo one. (Sister's car is NA)

Also on the after sales front, Hyundai is great but even Honda has been about as good in my experience as well (with multiple dealerships) and is certainly leagues ahead of companies like VW-Skoda.
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 17:29   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Verna honestly feels much more premium than anything in the segment, the quality and feel of interiors is surely special and a notch above its competitors, then the overall NVH of not just the engine (which is stupendously silent) but the overall lack of outside noise makes it feel much more like a D segment car than any of these cars ever have.
It's a matter of perspective I suppose, which is a good thing and also challenge for car manufacturers who wish to appeal to a large section of the target segment. I personally felt that the Verna is visually more appealing, the feel and tactile-ness of plastics (dashboard panels, click-wheel knobs) is better in the City.

Agree on the NVH, that Verna is quite good there. Don't remember anything specific about City's NVH, except that engine noise does filter through in the cabin.

To me, the Verna looks and sounds (or the lack thereof) more premium, whereas the City feels more premium to the touch. City's front seats are better as well, in my opinion. One may disagree though and that's understandable.
Old 9th July 2023, 17:45   #337
BHPian

No one seems to be addressing one of City's main advantage (IMHO), ADAS, which is available from base+1 version. The Verna misses out on this except in the top versions. Even Adaptive Cruise Control is missing in the IVT version.
SedateGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 18:31   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

1500+ KM / 1st free service done

I drove around 1500 km within 2 weeks post delivery of my Verna 1.5 turbo MT.

Here is a quick summary, would be posting detailed ownership review after a month.

Exterior:

Looks: Love it or hate it . I love the design, it is a car dropped from different planet.

Starry night color + Lenso wheels + Wider tyres

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20230626_184520.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20230625_080045.jpg

Fit and Finish: I would say it's decent. Panel gaps are consistent.

Paint quality: It is just above average. I could find minor imperfections, also there were lot of swirl marks (could be dealer gift).

Interior:

Plastic quality is good, much better than the Suzukis in my garage. However it's not scratch resistant. Seats are comfortable and there's loads of space. Ambient lighting is good, 64 colors to play with.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20230617_194045.jpg

I wanted to get the dual layer mats from Hyundai. But dealer managed to source 3D mats. It gets very dirty thanks to the color.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20230624_204221.jpg

AC is super effective, cools down the cabin really quick.

Engine:

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20230617_130136.jpg

Brilliant engine it is with modern tech like Continuously Variable Valve Duration (CVVD) technology -- a world-first technology that was developed by Hyundai group.

The factory tune is amazing. Low end is really good with addictive mid and top end. MT revvs to 6200 RPM easily, just love doing it . Peak torque is achieved very early at 1500 RPM and held till 3500 RPM resulting in excellent driveability.

Ride and Handling:

Most of the reviews mentioned suspension is soft, I do not agree. Suspension is very well balanced and mature in turbo variants. I had driven both NA and turbo cars on same road. Its the stock tyres which let the car down. I had upgraded to 225 45 R17 Yokohama Bluearth GT tyres and there was huge difference in dynamics , braking, and steering feel. The ride did get a bit stiffer though.

Fuel efficiency:

Super sensitive to A pedal input. It will give only single digit if driven aggressively on highways. I got better FE in bangalore city driving haha. However if you cruise and maintain 2000 RPM, it is easy to extract 20 plus kmpl.

Tuning potential:

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20230617_181622.jpg

It's a new gen Kefico ECU and no tools support it yet. It is going to be a long wait. I am happy with the stock tune. Sports mode is addictive for sure.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 9th July 2023 at 18:46.
Dr.Naren is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 02:14   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

Ride and Handling:

Most of the reviews mentioned suspension is soft, I do not agree. Suspension is very well balanced and mature in turbo variants. I had driven both NA and turbo cars on same road. Its the stock tyres which let the car down. I had upgraded to 225 45 R17 Yokohama Bluearth GT tyres and there was huge difference in dynamics , braking, and steering feel. The ride did get a bit stiffer though.
My main gripe with the Verna has been the lateral movement when going over undulations both at lower and higher speeds. Do you feel like the change of tires have alleviated that to a certain extent ?
TN07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 08:04   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN07 View Post
My main gripe with the Verna has been the lateral movement when going over undulations both at lower and higher speeds. Do you feel like the change of tires have alleviated that to a certain extent ?
I haven't noticed any significant lateral movements during TD of the car too. I had upgraded the tyres immediately after delivery. The ride is just flat and undulations are not felt at higher speeds. I do not think tyres would make a big difference here.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 15:41   #341
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I had booked Verna 1.5 turbo SX MT 2 weeks back. The car has arrived from factory.

Congrats on the Verna.

As a petrolhead, what made you choose the Hyundai over the Virtus/Slavia, especially given the fact that you remap your cars, and VAG group products have traditionally had a much better aftermarket tuner support.

Any plans to get lowering springs?

Also any advice to people like me who are looking for a fast, fun-to-drive manual car?
turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 16:05   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Attachment 2471801

[*]AC does not seem to cool enough if kept in auto mode. I have to set the temperature at 22 or below for cabin to cool effectively. Are other owners facing the same issue? Is there any solution to it?[*]The volume from rear speakers is very low compared to speakers at front. I looked up the audio setting and it's set at "center" position of the car. Even the passenger at rear felt that sound is coming only from front speakers.
There are three levels even in 'Auto' mode, on the top right corner of the controls. Push the button twice to select level 3.

The volume needs to be 40+ to get good audio from all speakers, initially we had the same doubt, but the audio range is very high from 0 to almost 80 or 100 in the new Verna. In my Creta it maxes out at like 30 or something.
Old 10th July 2023, 16:06   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
As a petrolhead, what made you choose the Hyundai over the Virtus/Slavia, especially given the fact that you remap your cars, and VAG group products have traditionally had a much better aftermarket tuner support.
1.5 TSI ECU (Indian version) can't be tuned yet. Also it is not very mod friendly thanks to water to air intercooler. I found the Hyundai 1.5 turbo better in terms of refinement and power delivery.

It didn't make any logical sense to spend 2.5 lakhs more for Slavia / Virtus, while comparing with equivalent variants of Verna. Interior plastic quality and AC performance felt much lower than Verna. VW twins only had a slight edge in dynamics and steering feel.

Quote:
Any plans to get lowering springs?
Nope. Will get N line suspension if Hyundai gets it.

Quote:
Also any advice to people like me who are looking for a fast, fun-to-drive manual car?
I am happy with Verna. Tyre upgrade did a very good difference.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 22:07   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
There are three levels even in 'Auto' mode, on the top right corner of the controls. Push the button twice to select level 3.
Thanks, will try this.

Quote:
The volume needs to be 40+ to get good audio from all speakers, initially we had the same doubt, but the audio range is very high from 0 to almost 80 or 100 in the new Verna.
Not sure of the range in Verna, however, at 40 the front speakers get very loud. The rear speakers, not so much. Hence, the "balance" is missing. Will go to the dealer to get it checked.
Old 11th July 2023, 20:10   #345

I got my Verna last week (thanks to all the members who helped me make the choice) in white colour. Today I noticed that the lower part of the body is quite rough and uneven and when I googled about it I came to know this could be because of chip protection coating ( a special coating done on the body so that paint don't chip away). Is this true and does all models have this type of uneven at the very bottom of the car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks