Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2023, 16:17   #316
BANNED

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Does the IVT SX come with ADAS? Is Hyundai IVT reliable? Any complaints or known niggles in IVT?

Thanks!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th July 2023 at 12:27. Reason: Please proofread before posting, and avoid typing...like...this. Thanks.
sinhead is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st July 2023, 17:08   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
Does the IVT SX come with ADAS? Is Hyundai IVT reliable? Any complaints or known niggles in IVT?

Thanks!
I think only the SX(O) comes with ADAS, and even then one of the most useful features - Adaptive Cruise Control is missing and reserved only for the top end DCT. This alone makes the Honda CVT more desirable IMHO.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th July 2023 at 12:27. Reason: Quoted post edited.
SedateGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 11:42   #318
BHPian

Anyone having issues with their TPMS? I got the TPMS alert on the instrument cluster and it showed that one of my tires had low pressure of 29. I went to a station to fill air. I saw that the air in the tyre was indeed 29 so i filled all the tyres to a uniform 34 psi. However, the TPMS alert icon the instrument cluster did not go away. It continued to be on and going to the TPMS section continued to show low pressure highlighted for that tyre but the value now varied between 32 and 34. Why would it show a reading of 34 and call it low pressure? Has the TPMS become faulty perhaps?
Old 2nd July 2023, 12:13   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
Anyone having issues with their TPMS? I got the TPMS alert on the instrument cluster and it showed that one of my tires had low pressure of 29. I went to a station to fill air. I saw that the air in the tyre was indeed 29 so i filled all the tyres to a uniform 34 psi. However, the TPMS alert icon the instrument cluster did not go away. It continued to be on and going to the TPMS section continued to show low pressure highlighted for that tyre but the value now varied between 32 and 34. Why would it show a reading of 34 and call it low pressure? Has the TPMS become faulty perhaps?
Hello.
My Venue had a similar issue as well. I had got it checked in service centre and it was found that once my car was punctured and that resulted in TPMS not working properly. Get it checked in the service centre there might be some fault which will be replaced FOC under warranty.

Quote:
I guess this has to do with cold tire pressure. If we check the cold tire pressure it is recommended to be set at 34(front) and 31(rear) for normal load. Let us say you drive for sometime and then fill air to 34 psi and when it rains and you park the car out and tire gets colder the psi is reduced and the low tire pressure warning comes. This happened to me too. When I set the tire pressure to 35 psi it shows 34/35 normally but when I park in rain it is reduced to 31/32. This is my understanding and I might be wrong too. Fellow members please correct me if I am wrong. The low pressure warning might be because of this in your case too. Check the tire pressure again under different conditions to get better understanding.

Last edited by graaja : 2nd July 2023 at 12:55. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Multiquote.
Old 2nd July 2023, 17:41   #320
BHPian

Question to DCT owners:
Is it possible to switch from D to N and vice versa on move (low speed) in bumper to bumper traffic?
If not, what's your driving style in such situation?

Does it help to switch to manual mode?

Last edited by MyLife_MyCar : 2nd July 2023 at 17:48. Reason: Added last line
Old 2nd July 2023, 18:12   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Question to DCT owners:
Is it possible to switch from D to N and vice versa on move (low speed) in bumper to bumper traffic?
If not, what's your driving style in such situation?

Does it help to switch to manual mode?
Why would you want to throw the car into neutral while it is on the move?

This is a big no no mechanically speaking and safety wise (B2B traffic or otherwise). This is an automatic fail during a driving test in western countries if you do this.

Here is a video with a bit about coasting in neutral in ATs and one about Hyundai DCTs:

Old 3rd July 2023, 09:28   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashivas89 View Post
Why would you want to throw the car into neutral while it is on the move?

This is a big no no mechanically speaking and safety wise (B2B traffic or otherwise). This is an automatic fail during a driving test in western countries if you do this.
Thank you for the response, Ashivas89.
I'm specifically looking for ways to drive a dct in b2b traffic that minimises the burden in transmission.

The challenge is that even if I wait for a gap to be created between my car and the car in front, some bike or auto will cut through the traffic and occupy that.

Hence, if I have no choice but to inch forward with half brake, I was wondering if I get the car rolling, switch to N and coast for whatever distance possible. Just like we do it in MT.
Control of the car is not a problem since I'm talking about only b2b traffic. So the speed would be 5-7 kmph.

In higher speeds, I have never done this circus of switching from a gear to N or vice versa, and will never do that in future also
Old 3rd July 2023, 17:11   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have found a solution

Fill the tyre to 37 psi and drive for 1 km. TPMS warning will go away and then reduce to the recommended tyre pressure.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 21:37   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have found a solution

Fill the tyre to 37 psi and drive for 1 km. TPMS warning will go away and then reduce to the recommended tyre pressure.
You got the same issue with your TPMS too?
Old 3rd July 2023, 21:39   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You got the same issue with your TPMS too?
Yes, I had changed wheels and tyres immediately after delivery of the car. I got TPMS warning for front right tyre and this trick worked.
Old 4th July 2023, 08:36   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, I had changed wheels and tyres immediately after delivery of the car. I got TPMS warning for front right tyre and this trick worked.
I didn't change the wheels but the TPMS issue is coming for the same front right tyre. Looks like a bug in their software. Thanks for the suggestion i will try this.
Old 5th July 2023, 11:12   #327
BHPian

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-p1.png

Finally took the delivery of Abyss Black 1.5 SX(O) DCT on the evening of 3rd July. Being a Monday, I could only leave after my meetings at 6pm, and thanks to Delhi traffic it took me about 2 hours to reach the showroom. The showroom was almost closed and only a handful of people stayed back for my delivery. I appreciated them waiting for me to ensure that I get the delivery on that day itself (though that's another story that my delivery was supposed to happen on 2nd July, but registration got delayed).

I'll soon write up my experiences from booking to delivery. For now, sharing few quick thoughts on the car.

The Good:
  • Undoubtedly, killer looks and a sproty design. The slope at the rear windshield is something I cannot stop admiring.
  • As expected from a Hyundai, the engine is smooth and silent.
  • Very good cabin insulation. I do not get irritated anymore from the unnecessary honking from other people when in heavy traffic or at red signal.
  • Idle Stop & Go (ISG) works like a charm. It was only after 3-4 instances when I realized that engine is shutting down and starting up. It is that silent. My co-passengers are yet to realize it. However, once you notice it you'll always feel it (as a driver, of course you should).
  • Tried few ADAS feature - Smart Cruise Control (SCC), Lane Departure, Blind Spot Monitor. Seems to work well. However, those were tested late in night when traffic was sparse. The car auto steered to certain extent to stay in the lane. SCC worked like a charm and regulated the speed according to the vehicle ahead, even stopped the car at a traffic signal.
  • Seats are firm yet comfortable. Should be easy to sit for long hours on a highway drive.
  • Cabin lights are sufficiently bright.

The not so Good:
  • AC does not seem to cool enough if kept in auto mode. I have to set the temperature at 22 or below for cabin to cool effectively. Are other owners facing the same issue? Is there any solution to it?
  • The volume from rear speakers is very low compared to speakers at front. I looked up the audio setting and it's set at "center" position of the car. Even the passenger at rear felt that sound is coming only from front speakers.
  • I was unable to connect with both Carplay and Android Auto. Will look up the internet to understand more. However, it will be appreciated if someone can quickly post here the steps to connect or some troubleshooting.

Questions
  • My SA said that the car comes with synthetic oil and may not require engine oil change at the first service. Is that true?
  • The manual does not mention anything on the break-in period/ run-in. What is the thumb-rule for running-in? I know that there is a lot on information here in TBHP, however, will really appreciate if owners with new cars (any; not necessarily Verna) can comment as engine tech might have changed over the years.

Below are some pictures of the black beauty. All are taken after the delivery at night, and I'm yet to drive the car during the daytime.
I'll soon take it for a ceramic coating, anti-rust coating, and order a DDPAI Z40 dual dash cam.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-p2.png

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-p3.png

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-p4.png

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-p5.png

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-p6.png

Last edited by MyLife_MyCar : 5th July 2023 at 11:15. Reason: Added more text.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 16:10   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Attachment 2471801

The not so Good:
  • AC does not seem to cool enough if kept in auto mode. I have to set the temperature at 22 or below for cabin to cool effectively. Are other owners facing the same issue? Is there any solution to it?
  • The volume from rear speakers is very low compared to speakers at front. I looked up the audio setting and it's set at "center" position of the car. Even the passenger at rear felt that sound is coming only from front speakers.
  • I was unable to connect with both Carplay and Android Auto. Will look up the internet to understand more. However, it will be appreciated if someone can quickly post here the steps to connect or some troubleshooting.
First of all, Congratulations on the car!

As for your concerns:

1. The AC is very effective in my car even in the Chennai heat.
2. I don't experience this either, what are your current settings and what's the volume you're maintaining?
3. Again, was never an issue. I plug my phone in -> the carplay option pops up in no time on the HU and works seamlessly when I select it.
TN07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 19:34   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN07 View Post
First of all, Congratulations on the car!

As for your concerns:

1. The AC is very effective in my car even in the Chennai heat.
2. I don't experience this either, what are your current settings and what's the volume you're maintaining?
3. Again, was never an issue. I plug my phone in -> the carplay option pops up in no time on the HU and works seamlessly when I select it.
Thank you for your wishes and the quick response, TN07.
Few more questions:
1. Is cooling effective in the rear seat also? The rear vents are simple blowers or air conditioned?
2. I'll check the settings. However, irrespective of the volume, front speakers always sound louder than the rear speakers. Confirmed by passengers in the rear seat also.
3. Are there any prerequisites for this, either in the phone or in the car?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th July 2023 at 20:44. Reason: typo
Old 5th July 2023, 22:16   #330
Senior - BHPian

Here comes my hotstepper!! Took the delivery of New Verna DCT SXO.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20230705_192216.jpg  

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20230705_144053.jpg  

getsurya is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks