Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2023, 10:03   #271

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityslicker86 View Post
Took Delivery of my Verna 1.5Mpi iVT SX(O) on 31st May 2023. Waited full 2 months (booked on 2nd Apr '23) for the 'Red' color. It appears that Grey, White and Starry Night (I call it Chelpark Blue. Those who went to school in the 90s will get it!)

I had shared my initial impressions from the test drive here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/2023-h...5l-ivt-variant

The overall purchase experience was a net positive. A glitch in the experience was that a part of the DRL wasn't working at the time of delivery. I had done my PDI before making the payment and it was fine then. Caught it in the final delivery inspection. I took the car home nevertheless as it was getting dark and dealer ship promised the get it fixed asap. They did fix it pro-actively although I had to spend an entire Saturday at the Service Centre while they figured out the problem. The service team was courteous and cooperative during the process and made sure they checked all electricals again, not just the DRL bit. They even let me check out the ambient light brightness in another Verna as I wasn't convinced with the brightness in mine. Later figured out the 'dim in the dark' option was activated. Switched it off and the light was back to its full brightness!

Since then, I have driven the car ~100 km and have the following observations

Pros:
- Stunning looks! The car draws eyes wherever I go.
- Smooth drive, refined engine. Noise insulation is quite good.
- Sufficient power and power delivery for city drives at <80 kmph (Haven't driven past that speed yet)
- Balanced suspension. Car is not too stiff and not a boat either.
- Classy and spacious interiors. Very modern; good ergonomics
- Slick ICE unit. No lag and very responsive to touch
- Bose Music system sounds great. Especially with pop/dance music
- Electric seat adjustment is very helpful. Enables minor adjustments during the drive (esp after Valet/Service guys have changed the position)
- Ambient lights look amazing, especially in the dark. Bright enough in the day as well.
- Hyundai's sales and after sales team have been very supportive and pro-active so far

Cons:
- Not very fuel efficient. So far I have managed 10 kmpl. Will wait on this.
- Seats are a bit firm. Maybe they will soften up in time.
- Suspension transfers sharp bumps into the cabin.
- Headlights could have been stronger.
- Doors don't close with a soft pull/push. Haven't faced this with other cars.
- Classic rock/blues songs (e.g. Eric Clapton, B B King) don't sound very good on the Bose system. I'm quite curious about this.
- Two spoke steering wheel is quite confusing. Have tied a red thread to mark the top.
- Steering mounted buttons are not spaced out sufficiently. Easy to press the wrong button
- Car veers to the left. Alignment could be an issue.
- TPMS shows 40/41 Psi. I'm sure this is wrong.
- Some flex in sheet metal is not confidence inspiring
- Brakes make grunting noise. Is this a CVT trait?

Net on-road price I paid was 18.75 lakhs, which included 39K for insurance, 2.0 Lakhs for registration/RTO. I did not buy any accessories or extended warranty shield of trust etc. Will buy the EW during first service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
Congrats on your new car.
1) The best FE of the car comes after a few thousand kilometres. I would suggest you to do a mix of highway runs along with your day to day.
2) Yes, alignment needs to be checked. But if the steering is crooked even after alignment is done then a simple tie rod adjustment should do the trick.
3) New cars always come with 40+ psi of pressure from factory. Please set to correct recommended pressure immediately(33 psi) and set that pressure in the ICE.
4) Brakes have nothing to do with the transmission type. New disc brakes ideally should never make any noise. Get it checked during first service visit.

These are common new car owner niggles. I had 1, 2 and 3 in my Virtus GT.

Cheers!

Hi. The mileage I am getting after 1,000 kms , driving in Mumbai city only (as per the blue link app,average speed is 44 km/hr) is around 11.5 km/hr only, sometimes on a good traffic day going upto 13 km/hr.

But I do have an issue with the Tyre Pressure .... my regular BP petrol pump air gauge shows around 40/41 psi, but the car's TPMS shows 35/36 psi. I tried reducing the pressure but then the low air pressure warnings started flashing. I am hence not sure what the correct pressure is & hence to avoid the warning I am back to 40 psi from the BP petrol pump. The 1st service is due now, so hopefully Hyundai finds a solution.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img20230613wa0002.jpg  

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img20230613wa0001.jpg  

Mack1970 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 17:37   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

I had booked Verna 1.5 turbo SX MT 2 weeks back. The car has arrived from factory.

This is how i saw it for the first time. Love the color: Starry night.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20230613_141803.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20230613_141657.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20230613_140236.jpg

Stay tuned
Dr.Naren is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 13:17   #273
BHPian

Took delivery of my Verna SX(O) DCT all black yesterday from Koncept Auto Delhi. The delivery experience was good although absolutely no freebies with the car were given. Got a hefty discount on insurance as I got it done myself rather than being fleeced by the dealer. Bought the 7D all black mats from showroom for 6500/- as their quality and fit is wonderful and was not sure if there are after market accessories available yet for new Verna.
Coming to the car itself, it drives like a breeze. Its just so smooth and quick that it actually competes with my Mercedes CLA which I have been driving for 4 years now.
The interiors are nice although the all black does have its issues with Delhi touching 45 degrees these days.
The infotainment was a bit confusing and will take some time getting use to.
Had to switch off ALL ADAS controls before driving the car as they are just not meant for city driving. The collision controls will actually lead to a collision on the road due to extremely jerky breaking.
The car offers great seating comfort for all passengers and the driver and there are enough cubby holes for keeping sundry items.
I didnt find the music system to be that great considering it is a BOSE.
Will post a more detailed review after completing 1K.
Jainudit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 14:13   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainudit View Post
Took delivery of my Verna SX(O) DCT all black yesterday from Koncept Auto Delhi.
Congratulations Jainudit!
I wanted to DM you, but seems that its not enabled for you yet. Do you mind telling which Koncept you took the delivery from? I have a booking from their Green Park branch and been regularly following up. Unfortunately, there is no concrete information or updates from them.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 14:33   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Congratulations Jainudit!
I wanted to DM you, but seems that its not enabled for you yet. Do you mind telling which Koncept you took the delivery from? I have a booking from their Green Park branch and been regularly following up. Unfortunately, there is no concrete information or updates from them.
Hi, sorry I dont know how to enable DM option. I took my car from Koncept Kailash Colony. They are quite promt. Got my car in 2 months and the SA was very helpful and accommodating for repeated test rides, PDI etc.
Jainudit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 20:58   #276

Peeyesyem (yes this is actually the name of the dealer) Hyundai finally called and said my Verna SX IVT has arrived. Took less than a month, probably because it is Fiery red which isn't a super popular color.
Planning PDI this weekend. I took the car through Orix lease which was offered by my company. The math seems quite good. I will be paying about 22.5 lacs over 5 years + about 4 if I want to buy out the car at the end.
However saving 30+% of the 22.5 in tax which is a respectable 7.5 lacs. Additionally for those opting for lease the company allows 2.4 lacs per year as tax free fuel + maintenance expense so essentially another 80k tax saving per year.... overall I'll be saving 11.5 lacs in taxes over this period so effective price paid is 26.5-11.5 ~ 15 lacs (with full insurance coverage) for a car thats about 17 OTR.
Please let me know if I have made any mistakes in the math.
ajilphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 23:10   #277
BHPian

Chiming in to share a very absurd experience.

A little background: I have two cars in the family. My Innova Crysta and Dad's Corolla Altis, both diesels. Owing to the ten year limit on diesel vehicles, I had to part ways with the Altis. In search of a new car, I booked two cars that would appeal the enthusiast in me: The Jimny for the entire package and Verna 1.5 Turbo Manual SX(O) for the only engine that is remotely near the Chevy Cruze.

Long story short, I had to cancel the Jimny and go with the Verna because I needed a car yesterday, with today being too late. I got a call from my sales executive that the car is in transit and I can have the car next week.

Fast forward to today, the day which was chosen for the PDI. I printed the good ol checklist from TBHP and went for the PDI with extreme impatience, with my cheque book in one pocket and Murphy's law in another. I was produced an invoice, which would be paid if the PDI went well. This is when things get ugly.

The invoice (attached invoice is mine) was billed for the ex showroom price of the model I booked (Verna 1.5 Turbo SX(O) Manual) while the chassis number and description is for a completely different variant which is three tiers lower than the one I booked. The sales advisor was adamant that this is the car I had booked and did not believe until I showed him the booking receipt! The showroom (Koncept Hyundai, Green Park) was pretty unapologetic and brushed it off as a human error and simply asked me to wait till the next allotment. It is only until I called Hyundai's helpline the Sales Head said he would need an hour to arrange another car. An hour later, he said he'll tell me the exact details tomorrow. i.e. 16th June. I feel like this is just another tactic to buy more time and have me cool my aggression, which shall only increase if they do not yield results.

I feel like in this day and age, supply chain, esp for corporations, has advanced to the stage where inventory and order management is done with laser accuracy and you need to be extremely sloppy to mess things up this bad.

I feel worse looking at the indifference of the showroom and how they tried to push that car on me. This was a very absurd, obnoxious experience that I will, in due time, escalate and make it known that Koncept Hyundai indulges in extremely sloppy jobs or straight up ill intentions. The silver lining is that I have not paid a penny apart from the booking amount which I might cancel looking at the sour experience I had. Or maybe this is an indication to wait a while and get the Jimny
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-9415.jpg  

ubermensch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 23:45   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermensch View Post
escalate and make it known that Koncept Hyundai indulges in extremely sloppy jobs or straight up ill intentions. The silver lining is that I have not paid a penny apart from the booking amount which I might cancel looking at the sour experience I had. Or maybe this is an indication to wait a while and get the Jimny
There is something wrong with Hyundai dealerships lately. I had booked Verna from KUN Hyundai, Anna Nagar branch in April this year. Due to some unforeseen circumstances I had to cancel booking in May.

It took a complaint to Hyundai to get refund the amount otherwise they weren’t refunding booking amount giving all kinds of excuses.

If car sales are booming why are dealerships so hesitant to refund amount quickly?
I am perplexed
Old 16th June 2023, 11:07   #279

Quote:

The invoice (attached invoice is mine) was billed for the ex showroom price of the model I booked (Verna 1.5 Turbo SX(O) Manual) while the chassis number and description is for a completely different variant which is three tiers lower than the one I booked. The sales advisor was adamant that this is the car I had booked and did not believe until I showed him the booking receipt!
The price doesn't look like the Turbo SX(O) Manual. Yes it looks like they did mess up but atleast they weren't trying to sell a lower model for the price of the premium one.
Good thing you caught it at this stage else it would've been a nightmare with the registration and all being done.
Old 16th June 2023, 16:02   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajilphilip View Post
The price doesn't look like the Turbo SX(O) Manual. Yes it looks like they did mess up but atleast they weren't trying to sell a lower model for the price of the premium one.
Good thing you caught it at this stage else it would've been a nightmare with the registration and all being done.
Exactly! The price appears to be that of a lower variant. Looks like they messed up the booking (allotted the wrong car), doesn't look like a malpractice to me. But I could be wrong.

Nevertheless, I would have cancelled the booking. I'd lose trust in this dealer after looking at their nonchalant approach to the goof up.
Old 16th June 2023, 16:07   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
It took a complaint to Hyundai to get refund the amount otherwise they weren’t refunding booking amount giving all kinds of excuses.

If car sales are booming why are dealerships so hesitant to refund amount quickly?
This is not unique to Hyundai. Even Maruti dealers do this. I'm sure other brands dealers do it too. I've helped out couple of my friends who booked cars with Maruti and then struggled to get the money back from the dealers who were giving lame excuses. However, after complaining to Maruti customer care, they got their money back immediately.

I anticipated this when booking my Verna and made the dealer give it to me in writing that the booking amount is refundable unconditionally and got two of their sales guys to sign it.
Old 16th June 2023, 18:29   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
There is something wrong with Hyundai dealerships lately. I had booked Verna from KUN Hyundai, Anna Nagar branch in April this year. Due to some unforeseen circumstances I had to cancel booking in May.

I am perplexed

I have taken 5 cars from them so far and I have always had a great experience with them. Mathan is the name of the sales agent there who helped the most. BTW I booked and took delivery of my Verna from them(KUN HYUNDAI - Anna Nagar)
Old 16th June 2023, 21:59   #283
BHPian

Quote:
The invoice (attached invoice is mine) was billed for the ex showroom price of the model I booked (Verna 1.5 Turbo SX(O) Manual) while the chassis number and description is for a completely different variant which is three tiers lower than the one I booked.
This is real bad experience with a very popular Hyundai dealer of Delhi. While the price in the invoice is definitely for a lower variant, I did not get how you checked the chassis number belongs to a different variant. Sorry for my ignorance. May please clarify.

Also do share your subsequent experience with the dealer.
Old 17th June 2023, 12:24   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorC View Post
While the price in the invoice is definitely for a lower variant, I did not get how you checked the chassis number belongs to a different variant.

Also do share your subsequent experience with the dealer.

Hi, I might have not achieved to send across the message in the way I worded my post. The price is not for a lower variant, that is the ex showroom price of the top manual model. The car is invoiced for SX (O) Turbo (Top variant) but the chassis number and invoice ident is for a lower variant. I checked the chassis number during PDI personally.

Invoiced/made me inspect me the mid variant at the top variant price. Thats what happened. They just asked for a week more to arrange a car with no commitments.
ubermensch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 08:38   #285
BHPian

Quote:
The car is invoiced for SX (O) Turbo (Top variant) but the chassis number and invoice ident is for a lower variant. I checked the chassis number during PDI personally.
Where did you check the chassis number and its match with a particular variant?
ulag62442 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks