Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2013, 05:13   #5746
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

My car started throwing error on the mid saying "check diesel filter" from Thursday morning, called Fiat service as I was on my way to work to check if I need to visit the service centre asap, I hava not felt any difference in performance so far.

I'm taking the car for checkup today.. My question is as i have completed 44450kms already, wouldn't it be better idea to get the service done? Also is it normal for the filter to malfunction by this time?
Old 27th April 2013, 07:31   #5747
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
My car started throwing error on the mid saying "check diesel filter" from Thursday morning, called Fiat service as I was on my way to work to check if I need to visit the service centre asap, I hava not felt any difference in performance so far.

I'm taking the car for checkup today.. My question is as i have completed 44450kms already, wouldn't it be better idea to get the service done? Also is it normal for the filter to malfunction by this time?
Its a filter, it cannot malfunction - it would have got dirty. Have you been sticking to a regular good quality fuel station all along?

You can get the service also done and save yourself another trip to the service station. 500 kms (to reach 45k) should not matter.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2013, 07:38   #5748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Its a filter, it cannot malfunction - it would have got dirty. Have you been sticking to a regular good quality fuel station all along?

You can get the service also done and save yourself another trip to the service station. 500 kms (to reach 45k) should not matter.
Yeah, I've always ensured the quality of fuel, is it a little too soon that its developed problems?
Any idea about the cost involved for the replacement?
Old 27th April 2013, 08:32   #5749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yeah, I've always ensured the quality of fuel, is it a little too soon that its developed problems?
Any idea about the cost involved for the replacement?
The spare alone costs 1.8k approx.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2013, 09:09   #5750
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

The diesel filter is anyway replaced after every 15k kms (done at 15k, 30k, 45k service, so on...). This time it may have got clogged sooner than usual perhaps owing to worse fuel quality these last 15k kms. Like CrazyDriver suggested, you could give the car for the 45k service and kill two birds in one stone.

Quote:
Well, it is anyway nearing the end of its expected lifespan (15k kms) so it is not a shocking problem, so to speak. But this is the first time I have heard the MID complain about a clogged fuel filter! I didn't know it detects even that. It is not a critical problem since it is just a filter which separates fuel debris, particles and water from the diesel being fed in. You can probably wait for 500 kms and get it done during your 45k service.

Last edited by KarthikK : 27th April 2013 at 09:14.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2013, 09:49   #5751
BHPian

Well okay. I'm planning to take for service now. I'm just about to start.

I would have waited for service but the mid throws this error continuously with a beep. That's very annoying and also a little unnerving. Fiat opened a new fiat only service in jubliee hills. I ll check and report how the service center is.
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2013, 13:44   #5752
BHPian

Well, I visited the service center. Its right beside the 45 restaurant, jubliee hills road no 45.

It started on 24th of this month. Its pretty neat but small. Not yet fully functional - they may take a couple of weeks to settle down understandably. There are about 10 car bays and they have some parking issues as its near the road no 45 junction. They were already full with about 16 cars and they quickly arranged a mechanic who attended the problem. I was shocked to see that there was a lot of water filled up the fuel filter. Later on i remembered that i ve filled up 500 rs fuel one day at Bharat petroleum at liberty cross roads (beside stanza) - that seems to explain the situation. He cleaned up the filter and as they couldn't take the service at that point in time. I ve come back taking appointment for the service later on. I'll attach the pictures later on.
Old 27th April 2013, 18:27   #5753
BHPian

I was unable to attach the files through my phone. I have collected the diesel in a polythene cover so that I thought of going back to the petrol pump in order to complain about this. Here's the pic.. sorry for poor quality of the pic.

Oh, I missed adding the pictures of the Service center, I could only manage to click a few before the service manager requested not to click any more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-wp_20130427_006.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-wp_20130427_001-1024x577.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-wp_20130427_004-1024x577.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-wp_20130427_003-1024x577.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-wp_20130427_002-1024x577.jpg  

Last edited by punto_ : 27th April 2013 at 18:40.
Old 27th April 2013, 23:35   #5754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The problem is more likely to be :

- Ill-fitted door-open sensors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
There is one sensor and an actuating mechanism for the central locking. This sensor is what is linked to the other doors' sensors and this tells the electronics in the car that the door is ajar, and the individual sensor should give you information on the MID regarding which door is open. The sensor is giving the correct information regarding the door being ajar. I feel the guys at the service centre must know what to do here since the actual issue is with the central locking actuator from what i can infer.
Good news guys. I had gone to the service centre today morning and they replaced the front door lock under warranty. The issue is now fully resolved and I'm happy with the outcome. Thanks Karthik & Arch-Angel, you two provided a clear cut diagnosis which was very much helpful. Kudos in no small amount to Team-BHP for approving my membership which helped me in situations like these. Simply takes the ownership experience to a better level with the support of fellow BHPians.
BigBrad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 22:56   #5755
Distinguished - BHPian

Quoting my own post from my ownership thread.
Please follow the link for the attachment
Not able to provide just a link since I'm posting from the android app.

Any pointers to the source of the problem will be of great help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
From the last 1 week, I've been hearing some beep sound in my car.

Its intermittent; repeats in something like once an hour.
It is seeming like its coming from the instrument cluster.
It comes no matter the ignition is on or not.
No warning on the MID or no lights anywhere.
No other devices in my car that can make this sound.

The recording is in the attached zip file (in this case it came after I turned the ignition on)

Any pointers from anybody will help. I haven't taken it to the A.S.S yet.
Old 3rd May 2013, 00:54   #5756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Guys, need your help. I'm having trouble with my car's LHS front door sensor. It remains open always.

Details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3101465

Has anybody faced a similar kind of issue? I'll be able to visit the service center only on Saturday. Any pointers/suggestions are welcome.
I had a similar issue with the rear door. It got resolved with a latch replacement, apparently a common issue. Yes it's a tricky thing as the door remains always open and I used to park it on the road. Couple of nervous nights those were :-)
sbkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 07:51   #5757
Senior - BHPian

Guys @ Chennai: How good is the service station of RDC motors at Ekkaduthangal? Do they have sufiicient spares and space to work on?

A friend of mine who owns a Linea was not too happy going there and they ARE the exclusive dealers of FIAT..!!

Cheers
Old 5th May 2013, 09:24   #5758
BHPian

Is the Fiat Punto Abarth coming anytime soon? Asking here as mobike had mentioned about it coming in future in his polo 1.2 GT review. If yes then by what time and at around what price range. Thanks.
Old 8th May 2013, 16:59   #5759
Senior - BHPian

Fixed a pair of aux driving lights on my car recently to help the visibility during my early morning drives.
The full report is posted in the aux lights thread - Cross posting for easy referance - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3116429
Old 8th May 2013, 18:19   #5760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Fixed a pair of aux driving lights on my car recently to help the visibility during my early morning drives.
The full report is posted in the aux lights thread - Cross posting for easy referance - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3116429
Why? I find the OE HL pretty good and the fog lamps help whatever is left in the dark too.

Infact an aux light will only be additional electrical load on the litte big car!

EDIT: Just saw your cars pictures - You could have tried the OE fog lamps available in the top end models..

Nevertheless, a Punto is always appreciated

Last edited by headers : 8th May 2013 at 18:20.
headers is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks