Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2013, 11:12   #5896
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadeep View Post
It says 7.5 l/100. Pl help to understand and change this to km/lit
Taken from Grande Punto users Manual:

Briefly press button MENU ESC and use + or - to toggle between menus.
when "units" is displayed, briefly press button MENU ESC button to display the three sub-menus ( Distances”, “Consumption” and “Temperature”)
press button+ or – to surf the three submenus;
when you are in the “Consumption” submenu: briefly press MENU ESC: Lit/100km” will appear on the display, press button + or – for setting it to Km/L.
When you have made the required settings, briefly press button MENU ESC to go back to the menu screen, and again press MENU ESC to go back to the main menu screen, toggle the menus by pressing +/- to reach "EXIT MENU". Press briefly the MENU ESC button to exit.

Hope this helps. BTW MENU ESC buttons and the +/- buttons are found on the same cluster where you have the fog lamps switch and the headlamp leveler. See this pic from the official review: It is located just below the right side A/C vent and above the small cubbyhole
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiat_grande_punto_interior_dsc02686.jpg

Last edited by sandsun7 : 24th June 2013 at 11:13.
sandsun7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 11:29   #5897
BANNED

Thanks much Sandsun7. I’ll follow the steps to reset

Regards
sivadeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 12:50   #5898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadeep View Post
Thanks much Sandsun7. I’ll follow the steps to reset

Regards
Please read the Owners manual properly - It is very clear and precise
Old 26th June 2013, 21:23   #5899
BHPian

The carpets on the front and rear right hand side of my punto is completely wet even though the windows are up all the time in the rains.Its quite mysterious checked the underbody for any cracks and found nothing.
Pretty mysterious.Iis anybody else facing this problem in the rains?
Old 27th June 2013, 01:16   #5900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankursharma View Post
The carpets on the front and rear right hand side of my punto is completely wet even though the windows are up all the time in the rains.Its quite mysterious checked the underbody for any cracks and found nothing.
Few Punto and Linea owners have faced issue of water seepage from clogged AC drain pipe. Please get it checked.
Not sure about the rear.
Just search this thread, you'll find similar posts.
Old 27th June 2013, 19:45   #5901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Few Punto and Linea owners have faced issue of water seepage from clogged AC drain pipe. Please get it checked.
Not sure about the rear.
Just search this thread, you'll find similar posts.
Hey thanks. Will get it checked in workshop.
Old 28th June 2013, 08:43   #5902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankursharma View Post
My friends palio also had similar problem and was diagnosed to clogged ac drain pipe .When the drain pipe was cleaned the problem was gone .So have it checked at service station .
regards
praveen singh
Old 28th June 2013, 13:38   #5903
BANNED

i too found the rear left carpet wet after june 16 rains. Couldn't be clogged AC drain in my case, otherwise it would have been wet earlier too before the rains arrived. I think the culprit might be floor rubber water stops. A missing rubber stop or one with damaged rubber can let water in while traversing clogged streets.
Old 30th June 2013, 10:36   #5904
BHPian

I recently did a sedate highway driving to check the top mileage for my Punto90. I was pretty surprised by the results.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-mileage.jpg  

Marlon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 22:43   #5905
Senior - BHPian

I've not been the one using my Punto for atleast a year now, with the civic doing most of the running. So today, when I drove the punto, I realized it was swerving to the left, definetely an alignment problem. I checked the tyres and both the front and rear tyres on the left side had more tread than the right side tyres. The right side front and rear tyres have remarkably lesser tread.

Now I plan to get the alignment done. Any idea how much it costs?
Now after the alignment, how should I put in the tyres? it's not good to have tyres with higher tread on one side...ie left in this case.
Old 1st July 2013, 06:09   #5906
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I've not been the one using my Punto for atleast a year now, with the civic doing most of the running. So today, when I drove the punto, I realized it was swerving to the left, definetely an alignment problem. I checked the tyres and both the front and rear tyres on the left side had more tread than the right side tyres. The right side front and rear tyres have remarkably lesser tread.

Now after the alignment, how should I put in the tyres? it's not good to have tyres with higher tread on one side...ie left in this case.
Wheel alignment costs around 300-400 bucks at most alignment centres. Ditto with balancing, which also might need to be done on your car. As a routine maintenance practice, this needs to be done once every 5k km or whenever you experience issues pulling to one side (alignment) or wobbling/bounciness (balancing).

If 2 of the tyres have remarkably lesser tread as you said, you would be better off swapping the entire set for a new set of tyres on all 4 wheels. If you still want to retain the current set for the time being, you could move the most worn out tyres to the rear and use the relatively intact tyres for the front two. Please make sure you do the balancing for all 4 wheels.

Last edited by KarthikK : 1st July 2013 at 06:16.
Old 1st July 2013, 08:08   #5907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If there is a significant difference in the wear levels of the RH side tyres and LH side tyres, I doubt you will ever be able to regain similar levels of wear on all 4 tyres again.

At best you can put the best two tyres up front, and keep driving till you change.

And I concur with Karthikk in saying that its best to get 4 new tyres, especially if the tyres have run 20thousandkms or more or are more than 3yrs old.
Old 1st July 2013, 08:21   #5908
Senior - BHPian

Yeah i guess you both are right. I'd be much better off changing the tyres.

@All

Is there a reliable and efficient place where I can get my tyres aligned in south delhi?
Old 1st July 2013, 08:25   #5909
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is there a reliable and efficient place where I can get my tyres aligned in south delhi?
I guess you could check the directory section for Delhi NCR, where BHPians have used and recommended the services of certain tyre shops:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 10:03   #5910
BANNED

In my opinion you should hold onto your tires if the treadwear indicators have not yet surfaced. The original goodyear's from factory would last close to 50k KM's. The 2 tires with the most tread depth should be put in the rear (contrary to someone in the previous posts suggested putting them in the front). Putting tires with more tread depth in the rear is more safe, as it's easier to control a front skid than a rear skid.( I read this somewhere on TEAM-BHP or ACI-don't remember exactly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
If 2 of the tyres have remarkably lesser tread as you said, you would be better off swapping the entire set for a new set of tyres on all 4 wheels. If you still want to retain the current set for the time being, you could move the most worn out tyres to the rear and use the relatively intact tyres for the front two. Please make sure you do the balancing for all 4 wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
At best you can put the best two tyres up front, and keep driving till you change.
Putting up newer tires at the front would be a very bad idea. Check out this page from michelin india website (Page-6) for a better idea.
http://www.michelin.in/Home/Interact...ty-saving-tips

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2013 at 16:07. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
chaudh2s is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks