Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 19:33   #226
Senior - BHPian

good pricing.
but only one Question.When they introduce the Petrol Version which they definitely will, will the petrol version be competition to C+ segment cars such as the City and Linea(since it might fall in C+ territory ,obviously petrol will be cheaper than the diesel)???

Although this car is one helluva Package with absolute killer pricing .There will be many people who will shy away from GM/Chevy Due to the crisis it has been through in the recent past.

Last edited by vinaydas : 12th October 2009 at 19:40.
Old 12th October 2009, 19:36   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Terrific pricing!!!! I had already booked the new Civic, but after this pricing, I am very very tempted to cancel the Civic and get the LTZ variant!

I know, Cruze has just been launched and not much reviews available, but from the limited users who had driven it , please throw some insights and comparision between the Cruze LTZ and the Civic V MT (apart from the diesel and petrol difference), in terms of the followings:

1) Absolutely, Fun to drive with great handling
2) Ease in city driving condition
3) Looks and road presence
4) Interiors
5) After sales and services
6) Overall build quality (Wear and tear)

Gadgets of course, is loaded to the teeth in the Cruze (LTZ variant)! Civic now looks more bonny!huh!

The only fear I have is not for the product, but the company. I fear, when the sales turnout is low, GM will indulge in massive price cut and that will bring down the resale and make me regret buying a GM product..

Where are all the experts/gurus/enthusiasts gone? Would love to hear your comments.

Ground Clearance:
Cruze - 165mm (with 16")
Civic - 170mm (with 15")

We already have countless number of stories of Civic bottoming out on speed breakers.. Where does it leaves for Cruze with 165mm (5mm less than that of Civic)? I didn't hear any stiff suspension setup in the discussion so far, and if it does have a soft suspension, then I think it would be crucified..
Old 12th October 2009, 19:44   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

iTNerd: I think TSK's mentioned about the short overhangs somewhere. The Civic's problem is it's long wheelbase coupled with soft suspension. This means that the car settles down too much when fully loaded and the front wheels have gone over a Bangalore special bonebreaker!

I think the Cruze will have stiffer suspension than the Civic which a fully loaded test can prove quite easily on a specially chosen bonebreaker ;-)
Old 12th October 2009, 19:45   #229
BHPian

Great pricing is what I can say about this. Now considering they bring the Petrol model soon, its pricing will be even better. I heard its gonna be a 1.8L petrol engine and it can be priced brilliantly at 9.0 lakhs for LT and 11 for LTZ, which means competition for City.

I dont think GM will phase out the Optra, we can expect even better pricing with Optra. If it comes in Verna range, I'm sure many will be opt for Optra rather than Verna.
Old 12th October 2009, 20:09   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Ground Clearance:
Cruze - 165mm (with 16")
Civic - 170mm (with 15")

We already have countless number of stories of Civic bottoming out on speed breakers.. Where does it leaves for Cruze with 165mm (5mm less than that of Civic)? I didn't hear any stiff suspension setup in the discussion so far, and if it does have a soft suspension, then I think it would be crucified..
iTNerd, ANHC has 160mm and there has been no big complaints about bottoming out (at least i find it ok), so it wont be so bad with Cruze unless they have a very soft suspension. I wont worry too much about this - though 170mm would have been nice.

BTW, apparently new Civic has a stiffer suspension, so you should be better off in your new Civic.
Old 12th October 2009, 22:50   #231
BHPian

Chevrolet Cruze Launched

Chevrolet launched their much anticipated Cruze in Mumbai heres the launch event Hi-res pics.
Chevrolet Cruze Presentation - a set on Flickr

Chevrolet Cruze Interior and Exterior - a set on Flickr
Old 12th October 2009, 22:51   #232
BHPian

Oh My God, I WANT THIS CAR!!!!!
God if you are listening get me this, please.

On a serious note, when is the petrol expected to come? and what will be its price and specs?
Old 12th October 2009, 23:32   #233
BHPian

haha they couldnt even find good looking Indian women for the presentation in a nation of billion.

Nice car pics. But i still prefer Japanese reliability.
Old 12th October 2009, 23:50   #234
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

As we all know, she looks good. What are the pricing announcements? Google doesn't seem to be working at my home rigth know
Old 13th October 2009, 00:19   #235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
As we all know, she looks good. What are the pricing announcements? Google doesn't seem to be working at my home rigth know
Here you go ! Prices as posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
launched at

LT 10.99 Lakhs
LTZ 12.45 Lakhs

both Ex showroom Delhi

3 yr, 1 Lac kms warranty. Six colors.
Old 13th October 2009, 01:16   #236
BHPian

looks like SX4

has very similar front . . . another chevy; but how long it will go ?
Old 13th October 2009, 09:02   #237
BHPian

Guys Cruze Prices are out !
IMO great Pricing . GM has a winner in their hands .

The Press Release :

car maker General Motors on Monday launched its luxury Chevrolet Cruze in India at an introductory price ranging from Rs 10.99 lakh to Rs 12.45 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The Cruze has been receiving rave reviews since its recent debut in some other markets. We expect it to perform well against the established D-segment players," General Motors India President and Managing Director Karl Slym told reporters here. The company has rolled out the car with a 2.0 litre diesel in two different variants. It claims that the car would give a mileage of 18.3 kilometre per litre, according to the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) standards.

The Cruze is currently being rolled out in many countries across the globe.The company had earlier said that the diesel version of Cruze would be followed with the roll out of a 1.8 litre petrol variant in the months to come

Last edited by motor spirit : 13th October 2009 at 09:04.
Old 13th October 2009, 09:43   #238
BHPian

best package in this segment IMO.

lolz corvette inspired instrument panel. damn chevy. you just made me want this even more!

and i compared the dimensions with civic, corolla, laura, and it turns out that its the longest and the widest cars in its class, with the longest wheelbase amongst all the competitors.

but i can't understand how people who took TD complain about less legroom at the back. seems strange. anyone wanna explain?

another fact on the website. the boot has internal lock release. so suppose you get kidnapped and they put you in your own car trunk. lolz you can get out easily, hahah.

or somehow your kids play a prank on you while your sleeping and put you in the trunk of the car, then also it comes in handy. oh how horrible kids they must be
Old 13th October 2009, 09:53   #239
BHPian

i like the price. but a good multilink rear suspension would have been better. i hate cars with solid rear axle.
Old 13th October 2009, 11:11   #240
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pricing no doubt - but what about someone who needs more rear legroom??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks