Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 00:00   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Way to GO Chevy India! I have so much respect and love for Chevy India after their bold comeback. they are like true warriors - fight till death; one defeat did not set them back. I was sure they will get the price right and they have done their best! Now this pricing puts a wide grin on my face. How will SX4 Diesel be priced when launched?! Same goes with Linea if they launch a 1.6 / 1.9. Verna and Fiesta are gonna feel the same heat. All this means customers get MUCH better prices and huge options. CONGRATS and ALL THE BEST CHEVY INDIA for this brilliant car. You ROCK!
Absolutely ! I love it when it gets really competitive. We stand to gain a lot.
Old 14th October 2009, 00:38   #272
BHPian

I have been reading lots of test reports of the Cruze in UK and most of the reviews are highly positive on the engine, suspension/ride quality, build quality, features and curiously even space. From the pics its easy to make out the Civic for instance has much more rear legroom so that's curious.

The Cruze is based on the Chevy Volt and next gen Astra platform. This is looking like an excellent launch for GM. A great time for those looking for a car in the 11-15 range, at least they have an option to go for this.
Old 14th October 2009, 01:40   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Look on the fun side..Now anyone could buy a Cruze for 12.5 lak's and smoke a Laura worth 19 laks in a drag .
Beware!! Laura is now available with with 160hp TSi engine that can even eat a Octy RS for breakfast so Cruze stands no chance.
Old 14th October 2009, 02:05   #274
BHPian

He is if i assume correctly, pitting the Laura diesel vs the Cruz. Gm can't have a worse A.S.S. than Skoda now, can they.
Old 14th October 2009, 07:37   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
where did you get this one? Tanveer's review says no matter how you floor it, it still returns 10 at least. This means you can comfortably get 11+ in the city with decent driving. Its darn good mileage for a 150 bhp car of this size.

I hope they release auto of both versions - LT and LTZ. LT auto should come at 11.6 ex-showroom and that would be one hell of a car.

GM deserves success for this car. I wish them all the best
This car has the 'average calculator' The one that displays average on the screen. When I TD'ed this car, it showed around 13. And he claims to have driven it in the city.
Old 14th October 2009, 08:36   #276
Senior - BHPian

@Tsk: Buddy what have you been eating? All your threads are on my avorites and its a pleasure to read them and now this. Brilliant review to say the least
to you man

@GM:Hats off. You guys got a winner in your hand and i loved your cars after enjoying the Aveo and then the Captiva(Were my relatives but i spent quite some time in them)

@Honda: Well take that fo not launching a diesel in India for all these years. Must be like getting kicked in your Well FACE! Love your vehicle design but why no diesel

@Anshuman: Well after reading the most juiciest thread on TBHP on Skoda and seeing the way they tried to respect err well not try to respect a customer well would be really difficult to get a skoda. Well you could get a book on Skoda jokes but a CAR . Well hope they realize that you cant lie back and relax with that attitude.

PS: This is not a personal attack on you man.

Well what i loved
1) Interiors are amazing
2) Captiva's engine. Awesome
3) Front end looks great and rear is really sporty
4) Pricing: Killer. Am speechless

Overall hope this helps GM India a lot

Last edited by maddy42 : 14th October 2009 at 08:37. Reason: Add a sentence
Old 14th October 2009, 09:41   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Beware!! Laura is now available with with 160hp TSi engine that can even eat a Octy RS for breakfast so Cruze stands no chance.
But that is a petrol engine while this one has a diesel engine Big difference for a car buyer.

Getting tougher for petrol engines to compete with diesel these days with respect to performance, FE etc.
Old 14th October 2009, 10:58   #278
BHPian

Pricing in my opinion is exceptional, nothing better can be hoped. Now lets hope Cruze attains its monthly target volume of 1000+, then I guess its success may force Toyota to introduce Diesel Altis for Indian Market. Civic without any diesel option, now onward will stand to loose every month unless hybrid avatar is reintorduced.

Read Cruze review in AutoCar, highway mileage has been quoted 15-16 and with tank capacity of 60 litres, I can run from Noida to Ahmedabad (5 states) without any refill.
Old 14th October 2009, 11:27   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Yes. Seems cruze is redefining the segments Lower Optra to 8Lacs, lowering Aveo to 7Lacs. Any changes in UVA? May be once Beat is out.
Nah! The petrol version of the Optra (LS again) is at 7.39 Lakhs! Aveo should be positioned like the Flair/Accent/Mid trim Dzire and Optra to fight with the newer C segment cars.
Old 14th October 2009, 11:52   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
+1 to what you said. Win some, lose some.
Anyone on the forum who's booked till now?
Yup, mine is booked , white LTZ, I even have the chassis number.
Will confirm the delivery date in a while.
Old 14th October 2009, 11:55   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashani View Post
Congrats sir. Good to see the responses for the launches. Gr8. Hope GM cashes this opportunity.
Old 14th October 2009, 11:59   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashani View Post
Congrats. Its an excellent buy. We would like to see ownership reports from you very soon.
Old 14th October 2009, 12:23   #283
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

in my opinion the Cruze should completely replace the boring Optra.

The Aveo is so uninspiring that it can at best try to play a lackadaisical game with the Flair, Accent, Dzire etc.

The regular Optra simply doesnt cut it any more in comparison with say the new Honda City and its ilk. Maybe just to have a presence in this segment, they should hang on to the Optra Magnum which is the only variant worth looking at in their current offering as a less expensive option in comparison to Cruze. Or they should launch an entry level Cruze.

The U-Va, SRV etc should be shut down.

Spark can fiddle about in the entry level hatch segment and Captiva can play about in the SUV area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Nah! The petrol version of the Optra (LS again) is at 7.39 Lakhs! Aveo should be positioned like the Flair/Accent/Mid trim Dzire and Optra to fight with the newer C segment cars.
Old 14th October 2009, 12:24   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Congrats sir. Good to see the responses for the launches. Gr8. Hope GM cashes this opportunity.
Thanks a tonne mjothi & rajivn.
Wow the response to the Cruze is amazing by the looks of things, and I don't mean just on this forum. The number of bookings, the vibrant show room that I visited.
For all those people comparing the Skoda Laura to the Cruze, I for myself considered the Laura TSI myself, I drove around in my cousins Laura Diesel for 1 full day (the new face lifted model). I loved the TSI's performance, the interiors were nice and fresh, looks are alright (prefer the older one any day).
But what stopped me from buying that car are the following points:
1) The Petrol if driven with a heavy foot gives awful FE, the TD car was showing something like 9.xx (I drive 50+ kms in a day so FE is a must)
2) The horror A.S.S. stories on this forum have scared me to no end and not just that after inquiring a bit from friends who own skoda's they were satisfied with the product but absolutely disgusted with the A.S.S. due to their behavior, disgruntled with the company due to its high cost and availability of spares.
3) The diesel TDI Laura feels a little sluggish in comparison to even my Verna.
4) The Laura is in its mid life, at most 3 years down the line we would have a new laura (maybe introduced as the flaura in the Indian market as I read on another thread ) where as the Cruze is just beginning its new life cycle (Even if it is an Optra in other countries this is a new model not just a face lift like the laura)
5) The brand perception of people here of Skoda is premium but not so world over. GM has taken a lot of beating in the recent past because of it going bankrupt but IMO it cannot get worse then this, looking at its strategy and the future product line up they have the strength to bring back GM back on its feet. Simply put Skoda's rep is going down and GM is gonna "Cruze" ahead easy.
I have nothing personal against Skoda as a brand but it better clean up its act in India or else it is headed for trouble, I would like it to pull up its notorious dealers and train them Toyota style. They have fantastic products, as an auto enthusiast it is a shame to see the numbers dwindling due to the obvious issues.

Last edited by bashani : 14th October 2009 at 12:25. Reason: Typo
Old 14th October 2009, 12:34   #285
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Yep the Laura Petrol 168 bhp does 0-100 in 9.x seconds, it is the fastest car this side of 30L (faster than even the Accord V6) on track. Check out the Autocar 10th aniversary issue where it was driven by Narain K.

the Laura 2.0 Diesel 140 bhp with DSG auto box is also much faster than the Cruxz with 150 bhp due to the DSG 6 speed auto that has a dual clutch setup that is bested only by the new DSG on the Audi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks