Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 18:15   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ The Cruze is not a match to its European rivals when only handling is considered but its not that bad either. Its a lot better than the previous Chevy cars. The high speed stability is also very good too.

The only major disappointment is the steering.
Old 28th April 2010, 14:14   #542
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodie View Post
I'm not an expert, but there was no lag noticeable in the AT (I've decided my next car will be an AT and have not driven the M/T to compare).
Well, even an expert will tell you that lag is less perceptible in the Cruze AT . Plus, its so much easier to drive within the city. The Cruze MT can drive you up the wall if your daily commute is 10 kms of bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Quote:
I found the Laura PD AT to be quite laggy in comparison. It was a real pain to drive in rush hour traffic (test drive only)
The Skoda PD has turbolag, as well as transmission lag (inherent to DSG boxes). There's like 1/3 a second of delay between your pressing the accelerator, and the car actually responding.
Old 28th April 2010, 16:01   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
mobike i can vouch for the acceleration it provides after 2K rpm. However its more linear rather then the sudden rush of torque wave. The engine is very petrol like in terms of the revs and the power delivery. Having said that this car can attain huge speeds in no time and the way it attains speeds can leave you in gasp. Driving pleasure is right there for the taking. You can even call it poor man's 320D when it comes to straightline driving. But in corners its a chevy and drives like a chevy.
Nice to know that. Just for sake of comparison, how does it feel compared to your RS? Straightline, I mean.

I am so used to the sudden rush of torque with my pete'd viva, so probably pete the cruze ( if i buy that) too

Need to take a TD soon of the cruze to get a first hand feel.
Old 28th April 2010, 23:03   #544

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshNarayanan View Post
Hi Raj,
These pictures are amazing, congratulations on the new car, although I am a little late saying this. I too have just recently got my dream car, a brand new civic a/t in polished metal metallic. The pictures you posted just cracked me up. You see I too am a cat lover like you. What are the name of those babies? Take care and check for those babies underneath the car before moving.

Thanks. Yeah, the car's going great... congrats on yours too.

Don't worry, we're animal lovers to the core. We spend half an hour each day checking each car we have before taking it out. Have even torn apart parts of the bumper and mudguard of my baleno and accent to get kittens out when they get stuck in there.

Damned scared of handing the cruze over at Hotels. The guys at the Park Sheraton in Chennai made us wait for half an hour before the car was brought and they fiddled with a lot of the settings and changed them in their stupid attempts to start the car.
Old 29th April 2010, 13:30   #545
BHPian

vRS definitely feels much more planted and solid in comparison to cruze. I can attack corners at any speeds with assuring confidence whereas in cruze i definitely have to apply brakes at corners for keeping the car in control. The culprit here is the ultra light steering which feels almost lifeless at high speeds. Also slamming brakes at high speeds in cruze is a dramatic affair as sometimes the car tends to deviate from its path. This car IMHO screams for the need of TCS. But unfortunately thats not available so one should atleast go for 17" alloys and fatter tyres. Anything to make that steering heavy....
Old 29th April 2010, 21:21   #546

Just came across this article from February on the Chevy Cruze:

Obama endorses Chevy Cruze as it breaks 100k global sales

100K global sales, and it hasn't been sold in the US yet. Another reason to buy the car - your friend in America can't get it yet!

Of course, when they get it, it'll be 15000 or 16000 US $$ - about half the price here.
Old 31st May 2010, 14:59   #547
BHPian

Guys Im going to the showroom in an hour's time.
What all precautions do I need to do? except from the Team bhp checklist???

I had a horrible with the Chevrolet dealer I had booked my car earlier with if anyone wants to read it its at :-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ler-cheat.html
Old 31st May 2010, 19:20   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodie View Post
Just came across this article from February on the Chevy Cruze:

Obama endorses Chevy Cruze as it breaks 100k global sales

100K global sales, and it hasn't been sold in the US yet. Another reason to buy the car - your friend in America can't get it yet!

Of course, when they get it, it'll be 15000 or 16000 US $$ - about half the price here.
Absolutely agree on the observation. The Cruze and Beat both are getting launched in US after it had been launched here in India. In that sense Indians should Thank chev for launching their product first here in india than there home country

Don't think so on the pricing of cruze in US though.. The price could be more in the range of $ 19 K-$ 24 K. Afterall they have to compete with CIVIC, Corolla and new FIESTA in US market. How can it be priced lower if they have to compete on the image. they wouldnt want themselves to be discounted from Day 1 especially in US.
Old 1st June 2010, 08:41   #549
BHPian

Friends
Thanks for the detailed review you did over the Cruze especially GTO sir.
Yesterday evening I got delivery of my Atlantis Blue Cruze Automatic!!!

I have one query I am going to get the tyres changed in 2 hours
Please tell me which is the best out of the 3 as I am keeping the same size 205 60 R16 due to warranty issues:-
1)Pirelli P6 ( Rs 5000 total cost after exchanging old)
2)Continental CPC2 (Rs 140000 total cost.........)
3)Michellin energy saver(Rs 20000 total cost......)

Thank you in advance
Old 1st June 2010, 20:26   #550
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Friends
Thanks for the detailed review you did over the Cruze
Not me. Full credit to TSK1979 who has tested the Cruze for Team-BHP

Quote:
Yesterday evening I got delivery of my Atlantis Blue Cruze Automatic!!!
Congratulations! Please do upload a full-fledged ownership + driving report so that other potential Cruze customers may benefit. In a new thread, of course.

Quote:
I have one query I am going to get the tyres changed in 2 hours
Please tell me which is the best out of the 3 as I am keeping the same size 205 60 R16 due to warranty issues:-
1)Pirelli P6 ( Rs 5000 total cost after exchanging old)
2)Continental CPC2 (Rs 140000 total cost.........)
3)Michellin energy saver(Rs 20000 total cost......)

Thank you in advance
Do search through the forum. Best discussed in the Cruze tyre upgrading thread.
Old 1st June 2010, 21:16   #551
BHPian

Ofcourse to TSK1979 Sir, @GTO Thank you and I was reading the 525d review by you while posting this so wrote your name!!!
I will definitely write a full report and I am sure my booking and ownership report will be very interesting as I faced quite a few hiccups.....
I have changed my tyres to ContinentalPremiumContact 2 205/60/R16 92W.
I drove only 90 kilometers with the OEM JKs so wont be able to compare much as even in the city even they seemed pretty fine but I did not want to have JK on Cruze!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grajasekar View Post
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forum.

Just got delivery of my new Chevy Cruze LTZ last friday.
======================
They've put in a smoother looking chrome tipped tail pipe on the more recent Cruzes rather than the plain one on the first few (including the test cars).
GRAJASEKAR :-Now even I have the same car in the same colour and I already have the same dog (love him my brother)

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st June 2010 at 21:48. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:25   #552
BHPian

Friends and fellow Bhpians
I have written my initial ownership experience at:-
[/b][/b]http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:11   #553
Team-BHP Support

Excellent choice in changing the continentals. The car is a lovely handler and is let down by the JKs.
With new rubber, you will actually feel quite a bit of difference in dynamics and handling.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:23   #554
BHPian

@TSK sir

Today I drove over 50 kilmoters with my new tyres & boy o boy the steering feels to have totally transformed.It weighs very well with increasing speed now (Dont know how tyres can change that but they have).
I couldnt find any fault with the OEM JK Vectras but now I can make out a prominent difference.
Sir please try and read my review as well if you get time
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (My Blue Beast....I meant my new Chevrolet Cruze Automatic)
Thanks
Old 4th June 2010, 07:36   #555

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
GRAJASEKAR :-Now even I have the same car in the same colour and I already have the same dog (love him my brother)
lol, the car and the dog are both wonderful..

There's one problem though. The drivers at Park Sheraton in Chennai made us wait for quite a while before they brought the car up from the parking. They had apparently been meddling with it trying to get it to start. The fools could have asked. All sorts of settings had been changed.

Now the problem is that the vents under the windshield ALWAYS (well, atleast at night) cause the area right above them to fog up despite the particular vent not being turned on in the A/C settings. Talked to the service center people and they said they're trying to find a solution but don't know exactly what to do. Anyone else having this issue?

Because of morons like these who mess up your vehicle whenever I go to a restaurant with valet parking I'm having to take along the older car - a Baleno - instead of the hip looking Cruze. :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks