Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2010, 13:19   #571
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Damn, I'm seeing a phenomenal number of Cruze' around Bombay; they are like all over the place. The Cruze looks especially nice in black or white. The rear end may be Civic-inspired, but it looks so much more modern (than the Civic). I feel the Cruze' best profile is the rear 3-quarter.
Its heartening to know that similar situations exist in Mumbai. Same situation in Hyderabad too.

One particular day on a 1-km stretch with close to 8 speed breakers was going slowly and passed 10 Cruzes ( 8-White, 1-Black, 1-Atlantic Blue). Felt really good that day.

Lot of people appreciate the rear lights which i agree looks like a copy from Civic but in an inverted fashion. I am not a fan of its rear. My favorite angles are :

a) Complete sideway look. It looks muscular and very beautiful
b) Front angle. Intimidating

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Conti CPC2 is absolutely horrible Tyre; please go for pp2 or ps2 from michelins best in business for such cars
Any particular reason, care to elaborate?

I changed my stock tyres immediately to CPC2 and they are absolutely wonderful. No complaints ( till now atleast)
Old 27th October 2010, 20:04   #572

Guys,

Here are a couple of photographs of my Cruze LTZ that I purchased last month. Will soon try to take some time out to write a review on the performance of this beast. Tell then... ciao
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-_dsc0284.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-cruze-bw-2.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-cruze-bw-flare.jpg  

Old 28th October 2010, 15:24   #573
BHPian

Excellent review. Can anybody suggest if the rear seat legroom is enough for a 6 feet taller person. Presently i am using an Elantra CRDI which is very spacious .
Old 28th October 2010, 15:33   #574
Team-BHP Support

Hi Saju, as mentioned, the rear seat is cramped. But for your size, its best to go in person to the showroom, and check the rear seat out.
Old 28th October 2010, 15:42   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajuanchorage View Post
Excellent review. Can anybody suggest if the rear seat legroom is enough for a 6 feet taller person. Presently i am using an Elantra CRDI which is very spacious .
Never been in rear seat of an Elantra so cannot really compare.

I am 6ft.1inch and have sat in rear with my driving seat pushed back completely and i wouldnt say there is loads of space but just sufficient without you feeling too cramped and not as spacious as probably an Altis or even better an Accord. But, is highly comparable to Civic though ( in terms of space).

The problem you may find is in head room which have to admit is little too less to be too comfortable
Old 28th October 2010, 16:26   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Any particular reason, care to elaborate?

I changed my stock tyres immediately to CPC2 and they are absolutely wonderful. No complaints ( till now atleast)

I have used CPC2 earlier and found that they flex a lot under hard braking; i know lot of tyre people (dont wanna name them) like vouch for the tyre but i feel it is any day ordinary tyres for the kind of speeds cruz is capable of. Had a bad experience with them quite a few times.

It is for light footed ones but not for people who travel at good speeds.

p.s i guess sellers get more margin on CPC2 so they push for the same; Hope i havent offended anyone, its my personal thought

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th October 2010 at 17:27. Reason: Lets refrain from high speed quotes :)
Old 28th October 2010, 17:32   #577
BHPian

Congratulations Anisoft on your new car. Sure, tell us more about your car performance, more so because there was an ECU upgrade this year which supposedly reduces the turbo lag considerably.

O.T.:Another silly question I would like to ask, why is the front number plate mounted on a box like thing at the front in most GM cars? Even Honda Accord comes this way IIRC.
Old 2nd November 2010, 14:46   #578
BHPian

Dear Team bhp support,

Last day i had a look at the rear seats of Cruze at their showroom - not better than my present car Elantra or not my choice as my office travels are by using a driver to utilise two hour total drive time effectively and need a good legroom. During my drive on sat/sun and long drives with family, i love to have a 150 bhp or around , So I am diverting from Cruze. Sametime the review above is too good !
Old 4th November 2010, 10:00   #579
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Z spec cruze. Interested?
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-10cruzezspeccon01659.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-10cruzezspeccon01700.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-10cruzezspeccon01823.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-10cruzezspeccon01943.jpg  

Old 5th November 2010, 12:22   #580
Senior - BHPian

There is only 1 word i can say. Awsome.
I believe these are 17" wheels. Fills up the arc much better.
I kind of liked the interiors. It exudes a feeling of luxury. Might be a good Idea for GM to bring this variant in when the sales start to dip.

Last edited by oxyzen : 5th November 2010 at 12:23.
Old 5th November 2010, 14:48   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats one hell of a good looking Cruze. Absolutely loved the interiors even if they is hardly any change except for a minor to dash and steering wheel ( this looks yummy, should have given this version to current ones in india)

But, didnt like this dark orange shade. I loved the blue and white cruze that was displayed in the autoshow this year.

Btw, whats a Z-spec?
Old 7th November 2010, 16:00   #582
NKR
BHPian

Great Pics

Hi Great Pics. I am also considering buying one by early Jan 11. Chose this over the Honda City V MT (i am going for the LT Model--budget constraints). The colour I have chosen is white. I am confused between White and Diamond white. The Diamond white looks very good once polished and clean but I have a feeling that it looks yellowish and dirty even if it's slightly dirty(Comments please). Also i am planning to do the following so kindly guide me

1. Leather Seats ( I am in Kochi suggestions please...Have checked out Ovion (23 K), Saddles- (28 K) and Stallion (35 K)......and last year my father bought a Skoda Laura he had them fitted with Haiton- (26k)

2. Front fog lamps ( How much do they cost and is it necessary......while driving the Skoda I found them to be rather good).One Accessory shop guy told me that If you fit Xenons you wouldn't want fog lamps ( Philips Xenons- 9K,Osram-8.7k, P8 -9k). I require better visibilty for highway driving.

3. Sound system has four speakers in the LT, want to upgrade the speakers to better ones JBl or Polk Is it worth it. Can these be fitted in the Cruze.

4. While driving in city sometimes the Side mirrors are obstacles and the ones in LT version are not electronically foldable....Does any one know whether I can modify them to be electronically foldable...

Regs NKR
Old 7th November 2010, 18:25   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKR View Post
Hi Great Pics. I am also considering buying one by early Jan 11. Chose this over the Honda City V MT (i am going for the LT Model--budget constraints). The colour I have chosen is white. I am confused between White and Diamond white. The Diamond white looks very good once polished and clean but I have a feeling that it looks yellowish and dirty even if it's slightly dirty(Comments please). Also i am planning to do the following so kindly guide me

1. Leather Seats ( I am in Kochi suggestions please...Have checked out Ovion (23 K), Saddles- (28 K) and Stallion (35 K)......and last year my father bought a Skoda Laura he had them fitted with Haiton- (26k)

2. Front fog lamps ( How much do they cost and is it necessary......while driving the Skoda I found them to be rather good).One Accessory shop guy told me that If you fit Xenons you wouldn't want fog lamps ( Philips Xenons- 9K,Osram-8.7k, P8 -9k). I require better visibilty for highway driving.

3. Sound system has four speakers in the LT, want to upgrade the speakers to better ones JBl or Polk Is it worth it. Can these be fitted in the Cruze.

4. While driving in city sometimes the Side mirrors are obstacles and the ones in LT version are not electronically foldable....Does any one know whether I can modify them to be electronically foldable...

Regs NKR
Hi NKR, firstly i think you made a great decision of upping your budget and going for LT version of Cruze.

I agree with your views of Diamond White looking either old or dirty yellowish if not kept clean. Wonder why they charge Rs.10K premium for that color. I have to admit the Optra looks better in Diamond White than Olympic White. Whereas, with Cruze its vice-a-versa

Let me attempt at answering your queries in sequential fashion

1. Go for Ovion, have seen them recently fitted in a team bhpian's newly done up Palio. It looks great and 23K seems to be a steal as he paid 30K, i think.

2. Go for the fog lamps ( Rs.8000 in showroom) and its light throw is pretty good. Even if not for its utility, the car looks complete with the FL.

3. The sound quality is superb and for a luxury car, you wouldnt want to go for lot of thump ( especially like coming from a woofer) and i am sure LTZ with 6-speakers would be slightly better than LT. I would recommend to just add a good component speakers in front to increase the mid and high range clarity. Go for something like the Infinity Kappa, Polk or JBL etc.

4. I still rue at Chevvy guys for not giving completely foldable option in LT. It's a wonderful little feature and quite useful in horrible traffic conditions. However, i drive with both outside mirrors open and till now thank the lord, both are intact with no contact whatsoever. Will see if someone can throw light if this option can be extra fitted.

I can see you have done your home work but, you may like to check this thread out for a little more insights that you may have not covered :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-arrived.html

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th November 2010 at 18:26.
Old 8th November 2010, 17:46   #584
BHPian

Hey dude,

This Cruze is a car typically built for europe. The black box is with regard to the norms, there are regulations (Thsi is the regulation as far as UK is concerned, i hope i have not typed the wrong no - BS AU 145d ) wherein the numbers should be placed at a particular angle (this is just an example for you to understand). The regulations are in such a way in western countries that box had to be fitted for it to look in perfect rectangle shape and the letters are legible from the front. Thus you could find in most of the international branded cars.. Well IMO this would have been removed by now in the vehicles in India (chevy), if not would be removed in the near future since we dont have any norms as such to be followed for number plates.
Old 8th November 2010, 19:47   #585
BHPian

Thanks informmaha for clarifying my query. I agree the box is seen in cars sold in more countries than in India and now I know its purpose. True, all the bumpers in modern cars are curved due to which the mounted plates take their shape otherwise. Thanks again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks