Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 10:18   #661
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Chrome6boy - Did you also check the OTR/Discounts offered in Chennai for LT and LTZ model? Have been eyeing the LT model for quite sometime now.
The test drive guy did not volunteer any information regarding discounts and usually they do because they want to make a sale. But my whole experience with the car (barring the engine and looks) was a little underwhelming so I didn't ask either.
Old 13th June 2011, 12:05   #662
Distinguished - BHPian

Btw, I dont even know what's the stock ICE equipment on the Cruze. No clue about the HU Brand and specs. Same goes for the speakers too.

Anyone has an idea?

Though the stock equipment is pretty decent. I'd like to upgrade the speakers to something better. I wouldn't want to change the HU for obvious reasons. What I am looking at is either really good coaxials or a combination of coaxial at back and comps in the front. Some questions :-

1. Can I change my present stock speakers to something better sounding?

2. LT comes with only 2 speakers at front whereas, LTZ comes with 2 additional at the back. Can I add a couple more speakers at the back ( Rear passenger area).

3. Also, what brands, pricing info, what should i keep in mind "info" would be appreciated.

TIA
Old 21st June 2011, 16:52   #663
BHPian

I searched for a review on the Cruze AT and could not find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a review/ownership report of a Cruze AT ?
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:40   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
I searched for a review on the Cruze AT and could not find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a review/ownership report of a Cruze AT ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html
np23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 11:48   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, I dont even know what's the stock ICE equipment on the Cruze. No clue about the HU Brand and specs. Same goes for the speakers too.

Anyone has an idea?

Though the stock equipment is pretty decent. I'd like to upgrade the speakers to something better. I wouldn't want to change the HU for obvious reasons. What I am looking at is either really good coaxials or a combination of coaxial at back and comps in the front. Some questions :-

1. Can I change my present stock speakers to something better sounding?

2. LT comes with only 2 speakers at front whereas, LTZ comes with 2 additional at the back. Can I add a couple more speakers at the back ( Rear passenger area).

3. Also, what brands, pricing info, what should i keep in mind "info" would be appreciated.

TIA
Stock HU and speakers are Chinese OEM. They sound good but that's only because good construction on the door for speakers always leads to a decent amount of bass, which usually lacks if only tray speakers are present, or in dash (remember the santro ? or the Indica ?)

1) You could easily change the speakers in the doors as well as attach speakers in the rear parcel tray. I got that done too. You will definitely need an amplifier to support these speakers (components).

2)Like I said, Yes you can

3) Brands -> Well Polk Audio's components in the front (around 6k) and Polk's 6x9 in the back (around 7k) would be a decent setup. Add an amplifier (JBL x 4) -> 7-8k and you will get decent enough sounding audio.

Now the whole process is a rather pain staking one because the Cruze is fitted together very well.

For the parcel tray, the provision already exists in the metal frame for 6x9 speakers but removing the parcel tray would require some trouble since the hooks and clip on are metal and not plastic, I swear every time it was popped out in my car it seemed as if it broke.

The doors come off easily, with just one or two screws in it, and you would require wooden frames to add space (so that the window doesnt hit the speakers when rolled down) -> so this would be an easy part of the installation.

The main problem lies in removing the head unit and then taking the regular cables and fitting them with RCA cable (dont remember the name, something that takes the speaker output from the HU and turns it into PRE-OUTs because the Cruze HU doesnt have any).

The head unit removal is a pain staking process and I suggest you get it done only from very experienced people.. who have done jobs on the Cruze before.

That's it. At the end you will have sweet sounding audio throughout. By the way, for installing 4 speakers and a woofer and two amplifiers, it took me one full day
Oh comp. speakers (tweeters) can be installed in the Apillar or whatever it is called .. by a little modification on the tweeter incase it doesnt fit, most of them will fit however ... remove and throw the old one
harpreetkanwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 14:01   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetkanwar View Post
Stock HU and speakers are Chinese OEM. They sound good but that's only because good construction on the door for speakers always leads to a decent amount of bass, which usually lacks if only tray speakers are present, or in dash (remember the santro ? or the Indica ?)

1) You could easily change the speakers in the doors as well as attach speakers in the rear parcel tray. I got that done too. You will definitely need an amplifier to support these speakers (components).

2)Like I said, Yes you can

3) Brands -> Well Polk Audio's components in the front (around 6k) and Polk's 6x9 in the back (around 7k) would be a decent setup. Add an amplifier (JBL x 4) -> 7-8k and you will get decent enough sounding audio.

Now the whole process is a rather pain staking one because the Cruze is fitted together very well.

For the parcel tray, the provision already exists in the metal frame for 6x9 speakers but removing the parcel tray would require some trouble since the hooks and clip on are metal and not plastic, I swear every time it was popped out in my car it seemed as if it broke.

The doors come off easily, with just one or two screws in it, and you would require wooden frames to add space (so that the window doesnt hit the speakers when rolled down) -> so this would be an easy part of the installation.

The main problem lies in removing the head unit and then taking the regular cables and fitting them with RCA cable (dont remember the name, something that takes the speaker output from the HU and turns it into PRE-OUTs because the Cruze HU doesnt have any).

The head unit removal is a pain staking process and I suggest you get it done only from very experienced people.. who have done jobs on the Cruze before.

That's it. At the end you will have sweet sounding audio throughout. By the way, for installing 4 speakers and a woofer and two amplifiers, it took me one full day
Oh comp. speakers (tweeters) can be installed in the Apillar or whatever it is called .. by a little modification on the tweeter incase it doesnt fit, most of them will fit however ... remove and throw the old one
I'm trying to do research to see if we can integrate bluetooth hands free with this stereo using the Parrot CK3000 evolution. Do you have any idea if this stereo is compatible? I've attached the picture of the Parrot user manual showing the connections required. Thanks a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-parrot.jpg  

Old 5th August 2011, 19:02   #667
BHPian

No idea Chrome6boy
harpreetkanwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:38   #668
BHPian

Guys I took the plunge. I've paid for my Red Cruze LT and did the PDI last Saturday. It was a close race between the new fluidic Verna and the Cruze. Thanks to Poitive and Mobike008 whose opinions changed my mind, I'll be taking delivery of my car on Wednesday. SammerSultan's ownership thread also really helped me make my decision.

I bought the car from Sundaram Motors Chennai and my SE Srikanth was extremely helpful in all my queries and requests (including bringing the car to the showroom for the PDI).
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:38   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Guys I took the plunge. I've paid for my Red Cruze LT and did the PDI last Saturday. It was a close race between the new fluidic Verna and the Cruze. Thanks to Poitive and Mobike008 whose opinions changed my mind, I'll be taking delivery of my car on Wednesday. SammerSultan's ownership thread also really helped me make my decision.

I bought the car from Sundaram Motors Chennai and my SE Srikanth was extremely helpful in all my queries and requests (including bringing the car to the showroom for the PDI).
Many wishes for Happy Miles in the Cruze in Advance ChromeBoy. I am glad my review was helpful for you.

Welcome to the Club! Happy Cruzing
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:42   #670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats ! Welcome to the Cruze family. Look forward to a detailed ownership thread along with lots of pictures soon.

Enjoy the monster and Drive Safe !!!

P.S: Care to share the OTR price?

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd August 2011 at 16:44.
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:58   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats mate!
Am glad you went in for this. Hope you will remain happy with the decision.
Just be careful when you drive it. It is very easy to get carried away with a beast like this one. Is tooooo tempting.

Do put a link to your ownership thread here. It will keep a lot of relevant people informed. It seems my ownership thread too isn't known to many people, as the Choosing thread closed before the ownership thread was up.
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:08   #672
BHPian

@Sammersultan @Mobike008 @Poitive Thanks a lot. I'll be sure to put up an ownership thread soon.
Old 22nd August 2011, 20:31   #673
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations Chrome6boy - Cruze is a great car. I recollect reading your posts in the verna TD thread and I beleive you decided to cancel your booking with hyundai and opt for the chevy.

While I was waiting for my vento, cruze was the next on my list and I almost took the plunge. But then I was a little tight on my budget and couldnt stretch. I'm getting to see a new red LT around my area in the past couple of days, and it definitely is a looker. Red exteriors and black interiors should be a great combination.

Please post the OTR and discount details, and ownership thread with lots of pictures. Have a pleasant ownership experience with your new car.

Quote:

bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 21:04   #674
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet Cruze claims a hat trick!

From Chevrolet India Facebook page Chevrolet India | Facebook

Chevrolet Cruze claims a hat trick! The Cruze wins the WTCC second year in a row and achieves a gross sale of 865K units worldwide since 2009 to now become the top selling model in the world! Come find out more about the WTCC victory here Chevrolet Media - Europe - News!

Hats off

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 09:21   #675
BHPian

Hello!! I am planning to buy Chevy Cruze. Just had some queries.

Is it possible to get the car of the same month as i book (according to VIN) in bangalore?

How many kms on the odo is considered ok (trident chevy is someone has bought from them)?

I'm planning to change my OEM tires to 225/55R16 Michelin primacy LC or Conti CPC2. Is this the right upgrade on the OEM alloys? Read somewhere that 215 is max up size for 6.5J alloy, but also read in the tire-size calculator that 225 is supported by anything between 6J-7.5J. I'm confused. Can anybody clarify this.

Heard that Sundaram Motors is closing its Chevy dealership. I considered them to be the best in service (among the chevy dealers in bangalore). Now I'm in a spot! Have read bad reviews about Kropex and okayish reports about trident. Wanted some tips on how I could get the maximum out of the A.S.S.

I know these queries are related to different things but wanted to club them all to get a clean answer. Hence posted on the Chevrolet Cruze thread. Hope this is fine!!

Thank you!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks