Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2011, 17:59   #646
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Hey Torquedo,

According to me, it means that the LTZ is 1519 kgs and the LT is 1441 kgs. As the weight is divided into 2 categories, with optional components which I assume is LTZ and without optional components should be LT.

Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers
Old 18th May 2011, 18:40   #647
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusharsethi View Post
Hey Torquedo,

According to me, it means that the LTZ is 1519 kgs and the LT is 1441 kgs. As the weight is divided into 2 categories, with optional components which I assume is LTZ and without optional components should be LT.

Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers
Here are additional items on the LTZ -

1) Chrome Door Handles
2) Electric Sun roof.
3) Leather Upholstery & Leather Steering wheel, Gear Nob
4) Cruise Control
5) Rear Park Assist
6) Push button start/stop
7) Rain Sensitive Wiper System
8) Front Fog Lamps
9) Power Folding and Heated Outside Mirrors
10) Automatic Inside Rear View Mirror
11) Bluetooth Audio Streaming

Personally, I do not think these items would surmount to 80 odd kgs.

Fellow T-BHPians please provide your inputs.

Happy Motoring !!
Old 18th May 2011, 18:54   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Torquedo,

I felt that if I am changing the tyres, I should change them to better ones as I'll be going for power mods as soon as I've completed my run-in. Hence the size. I did not want to upsize to 17" as that voids the suspension warranty.

Here's the weight thing you had asked about. I hope it helps.

Cheers
The figures are a bit confusing coz we are sharing the manual used for the Europian/American models that come with Traction control, Heated seats, ESC, Curtain Airbags, additional cladding, 17inch wheels, other gizmos...making the car substantially heavier than ours. Best is to put the car on the weighing bridge, put in a 5% +/- correction factor and determine the final weight. Will do it shortly and report back. For now I would consider my LT to be 1441kgs.

One more thing, on parkers.co.uk, link below, our cars 0-100kmph figures show as 9.7secs for manual and 9.6secs for Auto but in one of the test drives done on vbox in India an LT put out 8.9secs (which seems more realistic on the basis of a couple of tests that I performed against a slightly modified, well driven, good condition OHC vtec which is rated at 9.8secs to 100kmph even in stock form. I was faster to 100kmph despite of not going out and out on the throttle and rpms due to the running-in period of my car that Im trying to observe )!!!
Chevrolet Cruze (09 on) - Facts & Figures - Parkers Chevrolet Cruze - 2.0 VCDi LT 4d - Facts & Figures - Parkers

Honestly, there is a lot of work that we Cruze owners need to perform to bring out facts and figures. I will start off a new thread once I bring out a few facts and figures...then everyone can contribute so that the thread can be a bible for Indian Cruzes.

Last edited by The Wolf : 18th May 2011 at 19:17.
Old 18th May 2011, 19:02   #649
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
The figures are a bot confusing coz we are sharing the manual used for the Europian/American models that come with Traction control, Heated seats, additional cladding, 17inch wheels, other gizmos...making the car substantially heavier than ours. Best is to put the car on the weighing bridge, put in a 5% +/- correction factor and determine the final weight. Will do it shortly and report back.

Honestly, there is a lot of work that we Cruze owners need to perform to bring out facts and figures. I will start off a new thread once I bring out a few facts and figures...then everyone can contribute so that the thread can be a bible for Indian Cruzes.
This adds to the confusion all the more.

@Wolf - shall wait for your thread, hope it'll be there soon.

Thanks.
Old 18th May 2011, 23:11   #650

Quote:
Hey anxx,

Tyre upgrade is advised on a Cruze because the stock Tyres are JK's which aren't too good. I upgraded to CPC2 225/55 R16 right after I took delivery. You don't have to ask the showroom guys to change them. Just find a good tyre shop nearby and you can talk to him about the deal before taking delivery and go to him when you've got the car.
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
1. Stock tyres are really bad and you will only realize it after upgrading. It makes hell of a racket at high speeds. When i changed to CPC2, there is a deathly silence even at 150kmph and ride and handling improves by leaps and bounds.

2. Your right. I exchanged the tyres just before i completed 200kms. Showroom guys wont help, you need to go to your friendly tyre dealer.

Exchange price for each JK Vectra : Rs.4000
Price of each CPC2 of same stock size : Rs.8800
You pay the difference to dealer : Rs.4800 X 5 = Rs.24,000

3. I chose Continental Premium Contact 2 (CPC2) for its great ride and awesome handling in wet and gravel conditions. In wet conditions, these tyres stick to the road like you applied fevicol to them

Hope this helps !!!!
Thanks Tusharsethi and Mobike008
Am pretty convinced. I think I will do EXACTLY that. So if I were to prioritize my purchases, it would look something like this:-
  1. Upgrade the tyres: about 25 K (i am blindly going for the CPC2 since i dont have any idea about this). Can anyone explain what is 225/55 R16? How do i decode this?
  2. Chrome Grill Mesh: about 6K (i really liked it when i saw the pic)
  3. Black Leather Seats: about 5K
  4. Illuminated door sill plates: about 7K
  5. That's about 43K in all
  6. I think the alloys can be dropped from this list
  7. So can the ICE
  8. I am tempted for the fog lamps but its beyond what I can spend now. So it shall be pushed by a month or so.
Old 19th May 2011, 06:43   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxx View Post
[*]Upgrade the tyres: about 25 K (i am blindly going for the CPC2 since i dont have any idea about this). Can anyone explain what is 225/55 R16? How do i decode this?
225 is the width of the tyre in mm, 55 means that the sidewall height is 55% of the width, R means it is a radial and 16 is the diameter of the wheel that the tyres will fit. You can find more information on ths at Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 1 of 4
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 12:12   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Interesting thought and idea. There should be a single thread for all facts,figures, modification options, service related info and any other important info owners can chip in with.

I cant wait for you to take the initiative to start a thread like that. There is something similar for Civic which is more related to its service and maintenance costs etc.
Old 19th May 2011, 14:43   #653
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I have finally got the car.

I would love to contribute any information required and I think that it is a very good idea to start a thread about the Technical Stuff and things we dont know about the Cruze.

Here's a teaser of the car. THe Initial Ownership Report is coming soon.

Cheers

Tushar
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg  

tusharsethi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 20:53   #654
Senior - BHPian

Lovely Tushar...congrats for the new car and a cool teaser. I guess its a Sand Drift Grey color Cruze, looks as beautiful as mine plus the fogs coz mine (LT variant) doesn't have it so far...
Old 19th May 2011, 22:33   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Lovely Tushar...congrats for the new car and a cool teaser. I guess its a Sand Drift Grey color Cruze, looks as beautiful as mine plus the fogs coz mine (LT variant) doesn't have it so far...
Hello Wolf,

Thank you for your wishes. I agree, the colour is the best option available currently with the olympic white. But, every other Cruze is an Olympic White. I've put my Initial Ownership Report here with pics : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...let-cruze.html

Cheers
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:43   #656

Does anyone have an idea whether the stock ICE of the Cruze LT (the original one) can be replaced with the newer one which has bluetooth and USB? Any estimate for cost involved also?
Old 23rd May 2011, 17:03   #657

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekparmar View Post
Does anyone have an idea whether the stock ICE of the Cruze LT (the original one) can be replaced with the newer one which has bluetooth and USB? Any estimate for cost involved also?
Hi
Fellow Team BHPians have discussed the features and cost implications of two Cruze ICE products on these links:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tomatic-5.html

Another one:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...evo-cruze.html

You can also get more information from the 'In car entertainment' section of the forums.
anxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2011, 11:19   #658
BHPian

I saw a lot of comments regarding cruze maintenance expense scattered here and there. But, can someone post a detailed service/maintenance expense data? Having plans to book a new cruze, i would be more than happy to see a detailed evaluation of long and short term service expenses in a concise and specific manner. I think it will be quite helpful to anybody who is considering to buy a cruze.
Thanks in advance
Old 6th June 2011, 13:01   #659
BHPian

I test drove the Cruze LTZ yesterday from Sundaram motors Chennai. The test drive happened in Besant nagar beach area on Sunday afternoon (too hot for most people to be up and about). The person who brought the car had initially promised it on Saturday at 1:00 AM and after he didn't show I called him and was then informed that he cannot make it and will definitely come on Sunday at 12:30. When he didn't show up on Sunday at 12:30, I had to call him again and he then promised to come at 14:30 which he did.

The two cars I'm currently own are the Hyundai Elantra Pertol GT and the Hyundai Getz Crdi.

Before I proceed with my views on the car, I wish to inform you all that he did not bring the latest model so I could not test the bluetooth media streaming and did not get a look at the new black interiors. He politely informed me that the dealer did not replace the earlier test drive car which had already been driven 27,000 kms.

Also I had several problems starting the car with the push button (when I started it it stopped in a few seconds and when I stopped it, it would re-start automatically in a few seconds). An error message with a code like "E91" kept showing up on the console. But the test drive person informed me that someone had accidently stepped on the key fob and had shattered it. He didn't have time to compeltely fix the key fob at the service center and had put it together himself.

What I liked.

1. Incredible engine! I can't say enough, I had the biggest smile on my face when I pushed the accelerator.
2. Looks really good. Very manly and very aggressive.
3. Front seats were comfortable and driver seat adjustments along with the steering adjustments were adequate for a good seating position.
4. Sound quality from stock speakers are fairly good, among the best stock sound I've heard.
5. Even though the cabin felt a little cramped and not well lit, it felt like sitting in a fighter jet cockpit!
6. Suspension seemed very well planted without any body rolling during quick turns but I did not take it on the highway so cannot really judge the suspension properly. It took the bumps on the road in its stride and was not uncomfortable.

What I didn't like

1. The clutch was quite hard and I stalled the engine on my first try, but I'm sure its just a matter of getting used to. But this might also lead to a sore knee in bumper to bumper traffic. The test drive guy informed me that the new car will have a much nicer clutch because this clutch had already been abused by so many different drivers for 27,000 kms!
2. No matter how I adjusted the seats and steering wheel, the center console felt overly large and intrusive into my driving space.
3. Bluetooth is only for media streaming and not for phone? I feel Chevy missed a vital safety feature here.
4. Rear seat were not too comfortable and felt a little cramped especially when compared to the likes of Civic or Corolla. This was not a deal breaker for me because the people using the rear seat will only be my two young kids.
5. Ground clearance was not fantastic especially the front bumper. Scraped it when I pulled into an apartment driveway. The test drive person claimed it was a movable attachment below the bumper which prevents the bumper from getting scratched. I don't know if he was telling me the truth.

Features which seemed redundant (to me) which could have led to cost cutting in the LTZ version.

1. Sun roof (not a feature I'll ever use in Chennai weather / dust and pollution) but I'm sure people from Dharamsala will appreciate it!
2. Cruise control, I've never been able to drive in any highway which will allow me to use the cruise control in South India due to the frequent and unplanned arrivals of pedestrians / cows / dogs. But I hear good things about Gujarath highways.
3. 6 CD changer, many people have switched to iPods and USB drives.

Overall I was very impressed with the engine and the looks but not with much else.

The above views are my personal opinions and I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings with these points.
Old 7th June 2011, 00:02   #660
Senior - BHPian

Chrome6boy - Did you also check the OTR/Discounts offered in Chennai for LT and LTZ model? Have been eyeing the LT model for quite sometime now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I test drove the Cruze LTZ yesterday from Sundaram motors Chennai....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks