Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2011, 13:27   #631
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
@mobike008,
I am planning on buying a LT version. I have been offered the following discounts - 10K Corp + 10K Cash. I will also transfer my NCB from my fiesta and wil be saving close to 27K on Insurance (quoted 48K, dealer quote after NCB is 21K, without NCB 29K). He will also throw in rear sensors, sunfilm and the usual mats and stuff. Is this a good deal? The total OTR cost as quoted by the dealer is 15.06L. After the discounts, it comes to about 14.6L. Also is it worth going for the 3 year/45000 Kms maintenance package @ 40K? Whats the usual service costs of a cruze?
Hi Shiva, Firstly congratulations on deciding to buy the Cruze and I can assure you wont regret this decision.

I too Paid 21K for my Cruze as Insurance after NCB. So thats the best deal you can get on it.

What sunfilm is he giving? If its a branded one, then its a good deal.

Also, if your running is 15K kms per year which is also exactly my car running. It just doesnt make sense to go for the maintenance package. Does it include brake pad changes?

Here is why

15000kms X 3 Services = Rs.8000 per service X 3 = Rs.24,000
1 Time Brake Pad Change : Rs.13,000

Total : 37,000

My estimation of Rs.8K is rough and it could be lower or higher than this figure. Hence, my advice is pay as you go.

Shucks, Never realized Cruze LT has increased more than a lakh since i bought it 10 months ago. My car costed me a 1.35Lakh lesser than the final price that your buying at.

Quote:
So of all the 3 dealers Kropex seems to be a good bargain. Let me ask them for more accessories like fog lamps etc and see how it works out.
From my experience, they will never give in to Fog Lamps demand.

I twisted their arm real hard to get it as a freebie but, they just didnt budge. It costs Rs.8500. It's a substantial amount, so they wont throw that in as a freebie. I paid extra for it.
Old 15th May 2011, 23:09   #632
BANNED

Fellow T-BHPians -

Now this comes as a piece of news to me, AFAIK Cruze was slated @ 1520 Kgs, as per Wolf's post it is 1440 and I assume the manual cannot be wrong.

Mobike008,Tushar....and other people can you please confirm the correct weight?

Or is it that LTZ is 1520 and LT 1440?

Guys please help !!

Thanks in advance !

Happy Motoring !!
Old 16th May 2011, 10:03   #633
BHPian

Hey Torquedo,

I'll be taking delivery tomorrow and will let you know as soon as I get the manual with me.

Another question I have is, I always change the engine oil in every new car I get at 1000 kms and I think that is a very good point in running in the car.. Does everyone recommend doing that with the Cruze? And also, should I use synthetic or mineral oil as synthetic oil slows down the running in process.

Thanks
Old 16th May 2011, 11:49   #634
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusharsethi View Post
Hey Torquedo,

I'll be taking delivery tomorrow and will let you know as soon as I get the manual with me.

Another question I have is, I always change the engine oil in every new car I get at 1000 kms and I think that is a very good point in running in the car.. Does everyone recommend doing that with the Cruze? And also, should I use synthetic or mineral oil as synthetic oil slows down the running in process.

Thanks
Thanks Tushar, I shall wait for your response on the weight.

I can partially respond to your query above, AFAIK synthetic oil should never be used during the running in process.

Gurus @ TBHP can provide you more insight on the oil change @ 1K.

Here is the URL for the long debate that keeps growing with each passing day:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...neral-oil.html

Happy Motoring and Congratulations for owning the Beast.
Old 16th May 2011, 19:16   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hi Shiva, Firstly congratulations on deciding to buy the Cruze and I can assure you wont regret this decision.

I too Paid 21K for my Cruze as Insurance after NCB. So thats the best deal you can get on it.

What sunfilm is he giving? If its a branded one, then its a good deal.
Thanks for the reply Mobike008. I kind of got the feeling that that was the max discount he was going to offer. Will see how much I can extract. Had one other question. What about extended warranty? Its about 17K for the 4th and 5th year? And yes, the prices have been going up for the past year or so. The LT was priced at 10.99L when it was first introduced.

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th May 2011 at 13:47. Reason: Please DO NOT quote large text, videos or images. Thanks!
Old 17th May 2011, 00:22   #636

Need advice for jazzing up a Chevy Cruze

Hey All
Finally getting myself a Chevy Cruze LT (mostly Velvet Red). I haven’t booked it yet but hope to do so by end of this month.
I need some serious advice on what mods and accessories to go for. I know this is a very subjective thing but there are some threads where Cruze owners have really jazzed up the diesel rockets and made it look even better. I am new to this but I can spare some dough on it.
My budget is about 30K to 40K with some flexibility.
Here are some of things I came across while reading the Chevy Mod threads. Can someone give me some useful ‘gyan’ on these? Like what will it cost? Where to get it from (I am in Mumbai- Juhu), is it really worth it etc etc?
  1. Tyres – most people talk about changing the tyres as soon as the Cruze is out of the showroom. Why is that? Will I need this even if I am purely a city driver? What’s the cost impact? I am not too keen on this
  2. Chrome front grille mesh (super fine) – something like this chrome mesh for Cruze . I love the way it looks. I think it costs about 6K but I am not sure where to get it from
  3. Black leather seats – since I would go for the LT model, leather won’t be a standard feature. I would like them but have no idea about the cost. Is synthetic leather an option here?
  4. Fog lamps – LT doesn’t have them. I like them just for the looks. Again no clue about the cost
  5. Illuminated door sillplates – like in the following link:Sill plates. What would be the financial damage? It looks really cool. Do I HAVE to get them from the Chevy Dealer?
  6. ICE – Do I need to upgrade the Cruze ICE? What are my options?
  7. Alloys – I think the OEM alloys looks nice but some fellow BHPians have got some amazing alloys which looks great.
Please feel free to persuade/dissuade me for any of these. Reminder, my budget is about 30K to 40K.
Old 17th May 2011, 15:24   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is no oil change for Cruze at 1000kms. The first time it gets an oil change is at 15,000kms which is technically at 3rd service but, first paid one. Do not change oil in first service

Also, Cruze comes with Synthetic oil, so there is no option of mineral oil in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Now this comes as a piece of news to me, AFAIK Cruze was slated @ 1520 Kgs, as per Wolf's post it is 1440 and I assume the manual cannot be wrong.
This is news to me. I always thought that it was 1520 kgs. They cannot drastically reduce 80kgs across variants.

Quote:
I can partially respond to your query above, AFAIK synthetic oil should never be used during the running in process.

Gurus @ TBHP can provide you more insight on the oil change @ 1K.
I responded to this query above. My reply covers this query as well.

Quote:
What about extended warranty? Its about 17K for the 4th and 5th year?
This will be my 6th brand new car in about 10 years. I have never taken extended warranty ever. In my opinion, whatever goes wrong which is manafacturer related, it will in first 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxx View Post
  1. Tyres – most people talk about changing the tyres as soon as the Cruze is out of the showroom. Why is that? Will I need this even if I am purely a city driver? What’s the cost impact? I am not too keen on this
  2. Chrome front grille mesh (super fine) – something like this chrome mesh for Cruze . I love the way it looks. I think it costs about 6K but I am not sure where to get it from
  3. Black leather seats – since I would go for the LT model, leather won’t be a standard feature. I would like them but have no idea about the cost. Is synthetic leather an option here?
  4. Fog lamps – LT doesn’t have them. I like them just for the looks. Again no clue about the cost
  5. Illuminated door sillplates – like in the following link:Sill plates. What would be the financial damage? It looks really cool. Do I HAVE to get them from the Chevy Dealer?
  6. ICE – Do I need to upgrade the Cruze ICE? What are my options?
  7. Alloys – I think the OEM alloys looks nice but some fellow BHPians have got some amazing alloys which looks great.
1. Tyre upgrade is "Mandatory" especially if you have the budget for improved ride and handling. Cost would be roughly 20K for tyres after exchange.

2. Your personal choice

3. Your personal choice. My art leather seats costed me less than Rs.4K

4. Fog Lamps is a must as it's frontal look is incomplete without it. Get it fitted from dealer. Cost is 8.5K

5. Again a personal choice. Get it fitted from dealer. Cost is 6.5K

6. ICE is pretty decent. If you find it insufficient, get a component system installed and quality would improve dramatically. Cost is 7K

7. IMO, stock alloys rock. My advice, dont mess with it

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th May 2011 at 15:26.
Old 17th May 2011, 23:06   #638
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I finally got my Sandrift Grey Cruze today and all I can say that it was one of the best days of my life! The odo is already on 150kms

Changed tyres to CPC2 225/55 R16 and awaiting the delivery of my alloys. I'll be changing them as soon as I get them. This has been an eventful day and will continue the story and ownership report in a separate thread in a couple of days.

Cheers

P.S. Torquedo- I'm sorry I couldn't look through the manual today, but I will surely let you know tomorrow. Thanks for the wishes.
Old 18th May 2011, 00:39   #639

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
1. Tyre upgrade is "Mandatory" especially if you have the budget for improved ride and handling. Cost would be roughly 20K for tyres after exchange.

2. Your personal choice

3. Your personal choice. My art leather seats costed me less than Rs.4K

4. Fog Lamps is a must as it's frontal look is incomplete without it. Get it fitted from dealer. Cost is 8.5K

5. Again a personal choice. Get it fitted from dealer. Cost is 6.5K

6. ICE is pretty decent. If you find it insufficient, get a component system installed and quality would improve dramatically. Cost is 7K

7. IMO, stock alloys rock. My advice, dont mess with it
Wow thanks
Some follow-up questions:-
  1. Just for my knowledge, why are tyre upgrades mandatory for a cruze? Are the stock tyres that bad? Does it depend on my driving pattern? (i will be driving in city 99% of the times)
  2. Secondly, I read somewhere on this forum that the best time to upgrade tyres is in the showroom itself. To maximize the exchange cost. How do i go about arranging this? Can the showroom guys help me in this? And is the cost 20K after exchange? Phew that's steep!!
  3. Lastly, what are the recommended tyres for Cruze? I am clueless
Old 18th May 2011, 10:24   #640
BHPian

Hey anxx,

Tyre upgrade is advised on a Cruze because the stock Tyres are JK's which aren't too good. I upgraded to CPC2 225/55 R16 right after I took delivery. You don't have to ask the showroom guys to change them. Just find a good tyre shop nearby and you can talk to him about the deal before taking delivery and go to him when you've got the car.

I got a Buyback of 5k per JK tyre and got the CPC2 for 10k per piece. Changed just 4 tyres. I would recommend the tyre change blindly as there's a major difference in the grip and comfort.

Cheers
Old 18th May 2011, 10:32   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Finally getting myself a Chevy Cruze LT (mostly Velvet Red). I haven’t booked it yet but hope to do so by end of this month.
Congrats Anxx on booking cruze.

I am also owning Cruze LT for a while now and it is indeed superb car. Coming back to accessories, I did not get any freebies on LT. I am planning for following accessories -

1) Mats (M)
2) Mudflaps (M)
3) Reverse sensors (M)
4) Sunfilms (M) - 3M or
5) Reverse Camera (O) - not yet finalised on 3) or 5)
6) Tyres - Now decided to live with stock tyres (NA)
7) Seat Covers - The fabrizc seats in 2011 are decent, will go for leather seats at later stage
8) fog lamps (O)
9) Anti corrsosion Under body and the Paint treatment -3M (O)

Appreciate your views on price and the better brand/options. Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 12:08   #642
BANNED

Quote:

Changed tyres to CPC2 225/55 R16
Hey Tushar -

Any particular reason why you have changed the size?

The standard on Cruze are 205/60.

All -

My SE got me the price list yesterday, the prices have increased on the Cruze LT by 11K (this is the hike on Ex-showroom, might be reflected more on the OTR price. Hike might be higher on LTZ and Auto).

Ex showroom Delhi stands @ 12.03L

Happy Motoring !!

Last edited by Torquedo : 18th May 2011 at 12:16.
Old 18th May 2011, 17:20   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Tushar -

Any particular reason why you have changed the size?

The standard on Cruze are 205/60.

All -

My SE got me the price list yesterday, the prices have increased on the Cruze LT by 11K (this is the hike on Ex-showroom, might be reflected more on the OTR price. Hike might be higher on LTZ and Auto).

Ex showroom Delhi stands @ 12.03L

Happy Motoring !!
Hey Torquedo,

I felt that if I am changing the tyres, I should change them to better ones as I'll be going for power mods as soon as I've completed my run-in. Hence the size. I did not want to upsize to 17" as that voids the suspension warranty.

Here's the weight thing you had asked about. I hope it helps.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-weight.jpg  

Old 18th May 2011, 17:45   #644
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanstorm View Post
1) Mats (M)
2) Mudflaps (M)
3) Reverse sensors (M)
4) Sunfilms (M) - 3M or
5) Reverse Camera (O) - not yet finalised on 3) or 5)
6) Tyres - Now decided to live with stock tyres (NA)
7) Seat Covers - The fabrizc seats in 2011 are decent, will go for leather seats at later stage
8) fog lamps (O)
9) Anti corrsosion Under body and the Paint treatment -3M (O)
1. Mats and Mudflaps will cost you roughly 2K

2. Aftermarket reverse sensors come only in black. Thats a drawback unless your buying a black car and will cost you 3.5K

3. I have 3M-RE 35 film on my Cruze and it costed me 4.5K ( excluding the front windshield)

4. Tyres are the biggest compromise your making. You can enjoy its full potential only after upgrading to better tyres.

5. Art Leather seats will cost 5K

6. Fog lamps should be mandatory as it enhances your car's look and makes it look complete. 8.5K

7. I got the anti-corrosion, mud flaps, mats and teflon coating ( 2 coats) free. I have one teflon coat that came as complimentary still with me..Plan to use it after my 15K service. Anti Corrosion will cost around 3K

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxx View Post

Some follow-up questions:-
  1. Just for my knowledge, why are tyre upgrades mandatory for a cruze? Are the stock tyres that bad? Does it depend on my driving pattern? (i will be driving in city 99% of the times)
  2. Secondly, I read somewhere on this forum that the best time to upgrade tyres is in the showroom itself. To maximize the exchange cost. How do i go about arranging this? Can the showroom guys help me in this? And is the cost 20K after exchange? Phew that's steep!!
  3. Lastly, what are the recommended tyres for Cruze? I am clueless
1. Stock tyres are really bad and you will only realize it after upgrading. It makes hell of a racket at high speeds. When i changed to CPC2, there is a deathly silence even at 150kmph and ride and handling improves by leaps and bounds.

2. Your right. I exchanged the tyres just before i completed 200kms. Showroom guys wont help, you need to go to your friendly tyre dealer.

Exchange price for each JK Vectra : Rs.4000
Price of each CPC2 of same stock size : Rs.8800
You pay the difference to dealer : Rs.4800 X 5 = Rs.24,000

3. I chose Continental Premium Contact 2 (CPC2) for its great ride and awesome handling in wet and gravel conditions. In wet conditions, these tyres stick to the road like you applied fevicol to them

Hope this helps !!!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th May 2011 at 17:47.
Old 18th May 2011, 17:55   #645
BANNED

Quote:
Hey Torquedo,

Here's the weight thing you had asked about. I hope it helps.

Cheers
Tushar -

Thanks a Ton!!

Words are hard to find, TBHP & TBHPians ROCK !!

My understanding from the pic attached -

18EXR - Refers to the 1.8L Petrol being offered elsewhere across the globe.

Z20DMH - Refers to the 2.0L Diesel being sold in India.

As per my understanding again -

4th Row, 2nd Column - 1519 is the correct weight.

Guys please correct me if I'm wrong.

Again, Thanks Tushar.

And, TBHP ROCKS.

Happy Motoring !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks