Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2013, 20:00   #2821
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Does the new Polo TDI HL come with ACC? I thought the Polo always had a manual AC but the website seems to suggest otherwise.
Old 9th June 2013, 20:06   #2822
BHPian

Yes, finally the ACC is added to the highline .
Old 18th June 2013, 11:35   #2823
Senior - BHPian

I saw this new shade on Polo today on way to office. Wasnt aware of this in Polo. Remember VW launching this on Vento. Has this been shade around for a while or its new?

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-cam00505.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-cam00506.jpg

Regards,
Old 18th June 2013, 11:51   #2824
BHPian

The polo looks great and compact in Shadow Blue , it is a new color , introduced in 2013 beginning, not sure when .
The pepper grey vento and this one was introduced at the same time I guess .
Old 20th June 2013, 22:47   #2825
BHPian

Hi everyone. This is my first post at TeamBhp. I am also looking forward to the Polo. I visited the VW showroom at Guwahati on 15th June. The entire premises was spic and span and was dominated by ladies.. Took a test drive of the Polo Highline Petrol. Although the engine is a 3 cylinder one, the car never felt sluggish and it was never gasping for breath. The suspension hits the sweet spot and the Polo just glides over potholes and uneven surfaces. The rear seat is average but very comfortable having good under thigh support. My choice is either a reflex silver or pepper grey Polo. The SA is offering me a silver model straight off the stockyard however I doubt the age of the vehicle. Can someone please advise me if its OK to have a look at the silver one or shall I opt for another one manufactured recently?
Old 21st June 2013, 00:01   #2826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
Can someone please advise me if its OK to have a look at the silver one or shall I opt for another one manufactured recently?
Check this thread :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html

Note the VIN of the silver Polo and decipher its month/year of manufacture. Most cars in the stockyard will be at least a month old, upto 3 months usually is not much to lose sleep over.

OT : silver and titanium/pepper grey are the colors I like most too, for most cars.
Old 21st June 2013, 07:48   #2827
BHPian

Thanks a lot Ricci. I will surely ask them to provide me the VIN for the silver car in their stockyard. Then I will decide about the future course of action.

Moreover the new Highline model comes with Climatronic AC and RCD 320 music system The dealer is presently offering cash discount of Rs 10000 and corporate discount of Rs 3000.
Old 21st June 2013, 12:16   #2828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone. This is my first post at TeamBhp. I am also looking forward to the Polo. I visited the VW showroom at Guwahati on 15th June. The entire premises was spic and span and was dominated by ladies.. Took a test drive of the Polo Highline Petrol. Although the engine is a 3 cylinder one, the car never felt sluggish and it was never gasping for breath.
3 cylinders doesn't mean the engine will be sluggish. It's a 1.2L displacing engine alright. The difference will be in noise and vibration when compared to 4 cylinder motors.
Yes 3 cylinders will have different characteristics in power too, but not so much that the car will become low on power. Maruti's K10 & F8 are both time proven examples of fast engines with 3 cylinders.

Quote:
Can someone please advise me if its OK to have a look at the silver one or shall I opt for another one manufactured recently?
You can ask him for the VIN / date of manufacture for the silver car in the stockyard. Don't take a gamble without confirming the manufacture month. If its confirmed to be a recently manufactured and undamaged car - sure you can opt for it without worry.

Welcome to TBHP & good luck!
Old 21st June 2013, 12:52   #2829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Quoting my own post from another thread.
Can anyone tell me what options we have in Bangalore for our Polo 1.6 for its 30K/2yr service?
I reside in south Bangalore.
I too reside in south Bangalore and own a VW Vento TDI. I suggest you take your car to the VW Bangalore service centre in Rajajinagar. Had my Vento serviced there and had a very pleasant experience. You could get in touch with the QC manager Mr. Aalesh. He is a very friendly and straight forward chap.
VW Rajajinagar - ph # 23202260
ASVA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 15:47   #2830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I've hardly seen any Polo's (infact none) with a TB or a remap. AFAIK, a particular fabia (1.2TDI) runs on red rooster box. But, RD has a TB for the Polo and Kiirus have remaps for the 1.2 TDI
Hi Shashank,

I recently got the Dieseltronics box by Racedynamics for my Polo. To say the least, it feels like a completely different car now. The initial hesitation to move (turbo lag) by engine 'feels' non-existent now (almost) and it has become a drive that is much more rev-happy in the low end. I am waiting to spend a few weeks driving around in all the different modes before I pen down my experience with it.
evoque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 21:13   #2831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoque View Post

Hi Shashank,

I recently got the Dieseltronics box by Racedynamics for my Polo. To say the least, it feels like a completely different car now. The initial hesitation to move (turbo lag) by engine 'feels' non-existent now (almost) and it has become a drive that is much more rev-happy in the low end. I am waiting to spend a few weeks driving around in all the different modes before I pen down my experience with it.
Congrats on the box ! I would've got one too,but just sold my car a few days ago.
Old 28th June 2013, 11:38   #2832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASVA View Post
Had my Vento serviced there and had a very pleasant experience.
Thanks ASVA
The vehicle was indeed given for the 30K/2yr service to the Rajajinagar service centre. it went in last Thursday and came back home on Sunday-Without any scratch.

It was a pick up and drop service. The pick-up guy was on time. He was friendly and noted down all the points given by my BIL

Although there were no big issues, the main points told to him were:

1. there was a dent on the front Bumper after a biker had hit it at a junction. It was misaligned also. We had asked him to check if its repairable or needed replacement
2. The hinge of the fuel cap (NOT the threaded inside cap) had broken. it had happened in some fuel station. The lid was not closing cleanly. We wanted it to be replaced
3. Brakes were squeaking

The SA updated us on Thursday that the service will take time. We were not surprised at all...we had actually prepared ourselves for a Monday delivery.
Anyways he told that he'll give it to us on the Sunday for sure although he would try for Saturday.
Sunday! we were definitely buying that. Anyways, the estimate given was 11K without the part replacements if any

On Friday ,the SA again called and updated the prices...Hold your breath
1. The hinge fuel lid - 5500INR : " You must be kidding" we thought. No he was not
2. Bumper - 17000INR:
3. Brake pads - 6000INR

He asked us to get the bumper replace with insurance. We just told him to correct the misalignment

On Saturday he again called us and told that we will get the car. We were pleasantly surprised but then that pleasant feeling didn't last long when he gave us the bill amount.
it was 22000INR

On Sunday however, we got the car at our home.
We were happy with the work done and more importantly there was no damage done to the car at least.

Apart from the price(which the dealer can't help much), The service quality is very good.
My BIL was happy and sent a thank you message to the dealer

Quote:
Hi Hameed,
I got my black Polo serviced at Bangalore Motors.

Having bought my car and after having gone through a traumatic experience with Downtown VW last time round, I just wanted to state that getting the service done from Bangalore Motors was a refreshing change.

Mr Purushottam specifically was great. He was proactive, helpful and extremely cooperative. He went out of the way to get the vehicle delivered to me on a Sunday in line with his commitment which was great. The people who picked up the vehicle and who delivered it also were very helpful which reflects the culture you run at Bangalore Motors.

Kudos to Purushottam and your team and thanks for the good experience I had. Would be posting this comment on Team BHP as well.
Although we were happy with the work done, what we learnt once again was:
Polo is not just a "The mint with a hole" it also "The car which burns a hole in your pocket"

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 28th June 2013 at 11:41.
Old 28th June 2013, 12:04   #2833
BHPian

The brake pads or the brake shoes ?
The thought the brake pads cost less than 3000 INR .
Old 29th June 2013, 16:16   #2834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
The brake pads or the brake shoes ?
The thought the brake pads cost less than 3000 INR .
I've not seen the bill. Let me check it and get back to you. will try to put a scanned copy of the bill for use of others

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 29th June 2013 at 16:25.
Old 30th June 2013, 10:50   #2835
BHPian

The VW Polo is due for a replacement and we should be seeing the next generation model hit the stores sometime in 2015. Before that, VW will introduce an updated model year variant for the Polo which will include certain features such as daytime running lights and a differently designed bumper and so on. This is a rendering from Auto Bild as to what the model year updated Polo could look like.

Apart from these exterior differences, the updated Polo would also feature an additional engine option. This would form the new base variant for the Polo and the engine is likely to be carried over from the VW Up!
The engine in question is the VW 999cc, 3-cylinder motor which is available in two states of tune. It produces 60PS of power and 95Nm of torque in it’s base specification. 0-100km/h comes up in 14.4 seconds while the top-speed is rated at 160km/h. It also manages 3.9L/100km (25.64km/l) whilst emitting only 105g of CO2 per km.

The same engine has also been tuned to produce 75PS of power while churning the same amount of torque. 0-100km/h takes only 13.2 seconds in this spec while the top-speed is an Autobahn friendly 171km/h. It averages 4.0L/100km (25km/l) while producing 108g of CO2 per km.
VW may want to introduce this engine in the Polo so as to offer a variant with lower CO2 emissions and a better fuel economy than the existing lineup. The Up! with the 1.0-liter engine has an efficiency class rating of C while the base Polo has a D rating. As a result, the taxes would be reduced in a 1.0-liter Polo, not to mention the cost to make it.
[Note: The performance figures of this engine is when it is featured in the Up! On the heavier weighing Polo, it is bound to be blunted to some extent.]

Source: Indian Autos Blog and Auto Bild.

Polo pic for reference:
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-vwpolofacelift.jpg  

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 30th June 2013 at 10:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks