Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 14:35   #2881
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Has anyone seen the Polo SR edition? I was just happening to browse through the Volkswagen india website when i saw this. Reading deeper, found that the only notable difference is the Polo SR badging. The other features are found or can be got in the regular Polo as well. Nothing special IMO.

(Pic source:http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...w-polo-sr.html)
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-polosr.jpg  

Old 27th September 2013, 15:41   #2882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Has anyone seen the Polo SR edition? I was just happening to browse through the Volkswagen india website when i saw this.
Did see the Polo SR edition in the showroom. Its cosmetic and suits those who like to dress up their car and give it a different look. Not for those who want better performance. Somehow preferred the Polo HL interiors as the SR looked dark and less cheerful.
Old 27th September 2013, 16:33   #2883
Distinguished - BHPian

Are car manufacturers convinced that Indian customers are shallow and are easily taken in by these cosmetics?

Even those who like them are not going to be taken in by the suggestion that this is "new" car.
Old 27th September 2013, 17:36   #2884
BHPian

I don't understand why there is an issue with VW offering the Polo SR. It's a superb proposition with VW offering the Genuine sport kit ie front rear and side skirts, rear spoiler, bootlid chrome strip and exhaust pipe finisher for a mere 35k or so difference over the regular Highline. The same cost over 90k if purchased separately from the dealership.
himanshu_j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 12:06   #2885
BHPian

A friend is in the market for VW Polo Petrol. Been to a couple of dealers and both are saying Petrol Trendline not available. Is that the case? Also the offers are basically free insurance and 10k exchange discount. I am sure there are better offers out there for the petrol model. Anybody else heard anything on Polo petrol?
Old 21st October 2013, 18:58   #2886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
A friend is in the market for VW Polo Petrol. Been to a couple of dealers and both are saying Petrol Trendline not available. Is that the case? Also the offers are basically free insurance and 10k exchange discount. I am sure there are better offers out there for the petrol model. Anybody else heard anything on Polo petrol?
The finance offer is for those who opt for a loan through Volkswagen Finance.
Old 5th November 2013, 10:36   #2887
Senior - BHPian

Came across this.

Planning to buy a Volkswagen car in India? Read this before you make adecision

blog.sukh.us/2013/10/planning-to-buy-volkswagen-car-in-india.html?m=1

Regards,
Old 5th November 2013, 11:24   #2888
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Came across this.

Planning to buy a Volkswagen car in India? Read this before you make adecision

blog.sukh.us/2013/10/planning-to-buy-volkswagen-car-in-india.html?m=1

Regards,
There is a thread running on this topic:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3284399
Old 15th November 2013, 15:04   #2889
Senior - BHPian

I noted that Polo is the only hatchback having 'driver seat height adjust' even for base Trendline models. But this was not the case when the vehicle was first launched in the country, so when was this change introduced and this feature introduced in base model. Is it a recent development ?

Also what offers are available on cash purchase of polo petrol models ? Is it true that trendline model is no longer being sold ?
Old 21st November 2013, 13:31   #2890
BHPian

Quote:
The oil-burner is rather unresponsive below 2,100 rpms; whether you’re stepping on the gas a little or you have the pedal buried in the carpet below makes no difference. Then, once the turbo spools up, there is a sudden wave of torque. Turbo-lag is on the higher side and power delivery peaky. The times that you are at 10 kph in 2nd gear, and spot a gap in traffic to squeeze through, staying in the same gear will get you nowhere. You will need to shift down.
I too have the Diesel 1.2 l variant and i too find this turbo lag an annoyance. Specially when i need to shift down the gear to rev up the engine and pickup suddenly even at 10 kph.
I just wanted to know is there any performance tweak that can be done to counter this or help it? I really need to know if something can be done about this turbo lag.
Old 22nd November 2013, 13:39   #2891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
I too have the Diesel 1.2 l variant and i too find this turbo lag an annoyance. Specially when i need to shift down the gear to rev up the engine and pickup suddenly even at 10 kph.
I just wanted to know is there any performance tweak that can be done to counter this or help it? I really need to know if something can be done about this turbo lag.
VW did a SW upgrade to my Polo in the first service. It starts pulling as early as 1500 RPM now. No, it's not as strong as it is at 2000 RPM, but I don't get the feeling of getting bogged down anymore.

The grouse I have is, this strong pull only lasts until 2200 -2300 RPM. Nothing much beyond that. I've also driven the Swift extensively and it pulls until 3000 RPM like a locomotive.
Old 22nd November 2013, 14:23   #2892
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review

Have a question for all old and new Polo owners on this forum -

I have a Polo TDI bought in March 2012, ran about 28,000 km's to date. Lately the suspension has gotten very noisy. I hear thuds for every small and large bump on the road. I maintain 32 PSI in all tyres(stock JK's on 14 inch rims).

Any suggestions? Do I need to change suspension bushes?
Old 24th November 2013, 22:27   #2893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph03nix

VW did a SW upgrade to my Polo in the first service. It starts pulling as early as 1500 RPM now. No, it's not as strong as it is at 2000 RPM, but I don't get the feeling of getting bogged down anymore.

The grouse I have is, this strong pull only lasts until 2200 -2300 RPM. Nothing much beyond that. I've also driven the Swift extensively and it pulls until 3000 RPM like a locomotive.
So i should too ask for this software upgrade? At least it wont feel as bogged down as it is now. This is really annoying when the car doesnt rev up with the acclerator fully grounded. Its kind of a sad feeling.
Old 25th November 2013, 18:44   #2894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
So i should too ask for this software upgrade? At least it wont feel as bogged down as it is now. This is really annoying when the car doesnt rev up with the acclerator fully grounded. Its kind of a sad feeling.
Yes, I think so. But you will lose a little kick higher in the rev range. To elaborate here's the behaviour I noticed before and after the SW update -

Before: Lag until about 1800 rpm, after which the turbo would wake up and start spooling. Strong rush at 2000 rpm upto 2300 rpm.

After: Lag until about 1500 rpm. Get decent pull from 1500 - 2000 rpm, reduced turbo kick after 2000 upto 2300 rpm.
Old 11th December 2013, 14:30   #2895
BHPian

hi guys..stupid question alert!

VW Polo is a FWD car, right? If yes, I guess that means no power is transferred to the rear wheels. I might be wrong, correct me if I am.

If I am right, why the floor hump (the technical term is transmission tunnel I guess) is so high?

One reason might be that the car has rear differentials, and the control for that is transferred via the transmission tunnel.

My questions are as follows:

1. What does the transmission tunnel contain for VW Polo?
2. How can a car powered at front wheels by the engine can have rear differentials?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks