Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2013, 18:40   #2791
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

VW have launched the Polo SR (basically Polo Highline 1.2 Petrol with ront, side and rear skirts, a rear roof spoiler, chrome exhaust tip & 15-inch alloys wheels) @ Rs.6.14 Lacs (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Here is link to ACI's article on the same:

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/333...s-polo-sr.aspx
Old 14th February 2013, 18:52   #2792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
VW have launched the Polo SR (basically Polo Highline 1.2 Petrol with ront, side and rear skirts, a rear roof spoiler, chrome exhaust tip & 15-inch alloys wheels) @ Rs.6.14 Lacs (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Here is link to ACI's article on the same:

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/333...s-polo-sr.aspx
Thanks for this CARDEEP. I was just about to post another link mentioning the same.

Bizarre, is what I'd call it. VW is killing it totally by continuing to sell the 3pot. And to top it all.. a sport variant?

This country desperately needs that 1.6TDI and the 1.2TSI to be plonked into these german/czech hatches, else..

VW, are you even listening?
mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 19:10   #2793
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
These were available as an accessory kit at exhorbitant price. Guess this is another way of clearing the inventory

Cheers!
Old 14th February 2013, 19:53   #2794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post

Thanks for this CARDEEP. I was just about to post another link mentioning the same.

Bizarre, is what I'd call it. VW is killing it totally by continuing to sell the 3pot. And to top it all.. a sport variant?

This country desperately needs that 1.6TDI and the 1.2TSI to be plonked into these german/czech hatches, else..

VW, are you even listening?
The must be a metric like "number of new launches" or some such thing that the India ream is measured by. This is an easy way out.
Old 14th February 2013, 21:51   #2795
Senior - BHPian

+1 to what all of you have mentioned above.

Looks like VW stole the whole "Sports" variant idea from Maruti, same engine, same suspension everything just add in a spoiler and side skirts. Wonder if this would work in any country other than in India!

"Sports" tag for a variant is the most abused term in this country to sell the same car at a slightly higher price after adding useless features.

I hope the 1.6 TDI actually gets launched sometime towards the year end
Old 28th February 2013, 10:11   #2796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
VW upgrades its products - Vento and Polo

The Polo Highline now comes with the new RCD 320 music system with USB, AUX and Bluetooth, while the lesser Comfortline variant gets the RCD 310 system with USB and AUX only.
I have received the Polo CL petrol with RCD-220 and not RCD-310 as you mentioned. VIN decode says it to be Jan 2013 model.

I am getting RCD 310 cheap from UK, can I just plug out 220 and install 310.

Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 15:36   #2797
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys
Booked a polo comfortline for my friend. Seems VW has removed the 60:40 seats on all models and comfortline gets only 1 remote and 1 ordinary spare key instead of 2 remotes.
Luckily the comfortline which dealer had in stock had 60:40 and 2 remote keys.
Even the highline doesn't get 60:40.
Old 28th February 2013, 15:59   #2798
Senior - BHPian

This the problem with VW, they stealthy play around with features. Mostly this can be attributed to part, out of stock problem.
Has any one come across Polo with automatic climate control? One of my friend claims to have seen the same. Is this present in 2013 models? No update on the site though..

Last edited by poloman : 28th February 2013 at 16:01.
Old 28th February 2013, 16:33   #2799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
This the problem with VW, they stealthy play around with features. Mostly this can be attributed to part, out of stock problem.
Has any one come across Polo with automatic climate control? One of my friend claims to have seen the same. Is this present in 2013 models? No update on the site though..
Ya. Saw one with the dealer ready for delivery. Blue color highline model with ACC. But no 60:40 seats. ACC buttons felt like the one used in Comfortline ICE.
Old 28th February 2013, 16:49   #2800
BHPian

Hey guys,

I had the ABS light flashing on the VW polo and experience pickup drops. hence left the car and they said the it could be a faulty sensor and changed the same. After they did an internal road test they claim the problem is not yet sorted and the issue could be something else.

They are still diagnosing the problem and yet to revert to me on the actual issue. IF the ABS unit has failed it would cost 30k !!!!! Car is 2.5 years old and done 38k. I dont think the ABS can afford to fail at this stage.

Has anyone else experienced this problems of ABS light burning before.

Kindly help
Old 2nd March 2013, 01:12   #2801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
Has anyone else experienced this problems of ABS light burning before.
Kindly help
I once had the ABS light come on when the rear drum brake was jammed, the car simply wouldn't move, so I think your case is different from mine.

Do keep us updated.
Old 2nd March 2013, 10:16   #2802
BHPian

Hey Thanks for the reply,

VW is still diagnosing the car for the past three days !!! I dont know what they are doing because their unable to find the exact fault as yet... Its very frustrating cos I have only one car and am totally dependent on it.

They are hinting that the ABS unit might have failed, but since I had experienced pick up drops they are also checking the ECU. The ABS units costs anywhere between 28-35k

I am thinking of selling the car cos this cannot happen to a car from a reputed German manufacturer
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:43   #2803
BHPian

Hi,

One of my friends POLO had taken a hit from auto. Rear left door had a bent. For replacing the door, dealer quoted 18K if going for insurance, my friend needs to pay 1K. Otherwise only for dent removal and painting dealer quote is 6K.

From the image , I dont think the door needs to be replaced. Need your inputs on whether to go for insurance or just do the dent removal and paint. How much increase will be there in insurance renewal amount if we go for door replacement ?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-photo.jpg  

sriswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 17:37   #2804

No claim bonus is 20%, I believe. Do the math. I believe it makes sense to claim insurance. I've had similar damage and got it fixed (not replaced) and paid for by the insurer.
Old 24th March 2013, 00:11   #2805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Hi,

One of my friends POLO had taken a hit from auto. Rear left door had a bent. For replacing the door, dealer quoted 18K if going for insurance, my friend needs to pay 1K. Otherwise only for dent removal and painting dealer quote is 6K.

From the image , I dont think the door needs to be replaced. Need your inputs on whether to go for insurance or just do the dent removal and paint. How much increase will be there in insurance renewal amount if we go for door replacement ?
NCB depends upon the number of insured years gone by w/o any claim, it is indicated on the insurance papers you get every year.

http://www.bajajallianz.com/Corp/mot...cy-faq-ncb.jsp

Imho it doesn't look too bad, atleast not worth 6k! You can search a local trusted repair shop, I had a worse dent fixed and spray painted for merely 2k, It was not the best paint job, but ya the dent was totally gone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks