Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2012, 14:12   #2716

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd November 2012 at 18:10.
zmagic is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd November 2012, 17:29   #2717
BHPian

The refreshed polo in trendline and comfortline do have changes and additions. I took delivery of the refreshed polo comfortline last week and has many additions like rear glass viper and defogger, music system with speakers (though they are the same ones that were earlier offered in highline versions), 185/15 steel tyres (trunk wheels come in 14 inch), electronic adjustable ORVMs and many more. Please refer the new brochure on VW polo site.
In Mumbai, AFAIK, the older versions are not available at dealers and the upgraded version is also available for immediate delivery subject to some colours.
In their parlance, the upgraded versions are designated as MY13 and the earlier ones as MY12.
Hope this clarifies.
rahulk2510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2012, 18:25   #2718
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

Wanted to ask if any one is facing problems with the remote keys? I have changed the batteries twice, gave the same to the dealers for checking but they also said the problem (remote stops transmitting) was with batteries. However the problem continues all in 12 days of ownership!
Old 5th November 2012, 14:53   #2719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510
Hello BHPians,

Wanted to ask if any one is facing problems with the remote keys? I have changed the batteries twice, gave the same to the dealers for checking but they also said the problem (remote stops transmitting) was with batteries. However the problem continues all in 12 days of ownership!
Haven't faced any such issue yet, been a month. Did you try using the spare remote, if the problem still persists you might want to get your car system looked at.
Old 5th November 2012, 15:15   #2720
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Just wanted to share info with fellow bhpian's about polo.I called up the dealer in my city to inquire about discounts on polo and vento and as per the sa the company has stopped manufacturing the trendline model.

Now this is dealers tactics to promote other variants or the company has stopped it is what i'm wondering.
Old 5th November 2012, 16:15   #2721
BHPian

Hey guys I have a faulty EGR valve on my Polo and the engine warning light comes on every time i start the car along with the heated glow light. Took the car to the service centre and they have ordered the part which will take 5 days to reach and the cost of the part is 25K !!!!!

The dealer has said that they will send a request to VW asking for replacing the part on a goodwill since the part should not have gone.

Dont know what the response is as yet and im not that hopeful...

Any suggestions
Old 14th November 2012, 23:57   #2722
Senior - BHPian

My father's thinking of buying a new Polo 1.2 TDI Comfortline for the city, keeping the Innova he has for the highway. Is it worth buying now.. in terms of offers/discounts available? or should one wait for Jan? Think it works out to 6.40L ex showroom currently.

Last edited by Hatari : 15th November 2012 at 00:11.
Old 15th November 2012, 08:49   #2723
BHPian

Unless there s a special reason to buy a diesel car for city driving only (less running) making the additional cost of the diesel vehicle unviable, one can go for petrol vehicles. If one likes Polo 1.2 one can buy the petrol version - it is a solidly built car. But do look at options if it is only for city use. I would put the under rated Chevy Spark high up for its cost and comfort (high driver position and manoeuvrability).
Old 15th November 2012, 13:36   #2724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Is it worth buying now.. in terms of offers/discounts available? or should one wait for Jan?
I agree with frequentflyer. If you don't run much, stick with a petrol. The Diesel hatchback prices have gone through the roof.

In terms of discounts, the year end is the best time to buy a car. But I doubt you'll get anything on a Diesel.
Old 15th November 2012, 14:50   #2725
Senior - BHPian

What's wrong with a Vista TDI, nothing much really apart from the Tata image, it's not going to be heavy on the pocket as a VW or even a GM. And a 4 cyl IDI engine is far better than a 3 cyl german. VW's prices will begin to make sense if they bring in a more powerful diesel engine to their Polo's. Like say a VW Polo scout with enhanced ground clearance.

Else the Polo is simply too expensive to service and with a sump that is perilously close to the ground, it is quite a risk on Indian roads to prevent any accidental impact on the sump with misaligned speed breakers and landmined potholes. Can't understand the value proposition of a Polo with a 3 Cyl engine that acts so haughty. It's quite like using your own currency wad to slap yourself.
lurker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 16:10   #2726
BHPian

SCOOP! VW's Polo 1.6 diesel hot hatch on its way!

Given the looks and built of this car, a fine tuned diesel pot would really be fun!!

Further reading - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ming-soon.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th November 2012 at 14:07. Reason: Pointing to TBHP thread. Lets have a new thread for this Polo GTD :)
Old 16th November 2012, 16:21   #2727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
Unless there s a special reason to buy a diesel car for city driving only (less running) making the additional cost of the diesel vehicle unviable, one can go for petrol vehicles. If one likes Polo 1.2 one can buy the petrol version - it is a solidly built car. But do look at options if it is only for city use. I would put the under rated Chevy Spark high up for its cost and comfort (high driver position and manoeuvrability).
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I agree with frequentflyer. If you don't run much, stick with a petrol. The Diesel hatchback prices have gone through the roof.

In terms of discounts, the year end is the best time to buy a car. But I doubt you'll get anything on a Diesel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
What's wrong with a Vista TDI, nothing much really apart from the Tata image, it's not going to be heavy on the pocket as a VW or even a GM. And a 4 cyl IDI engine is far better than a 3 cyl german. VW's prices will begin to make sense if they bring in a more powerful diesel engine to their Polo's. Like say a VW Polo scout with enhanced ground clearance.

Else the Polo is simply too expensive to service and with a sump that is perilously close to the ground, it is quite a risk on Indian roads to prevent any accidental impact on the sump with misaligned speed breakers and landmined potholes. Can't understand the value proposition of a Polo with a 3 Cyl engine that acts so haughty. It's quite like using your own currency wad to slap yourself.
Thanks for the input, turns out its already been bought as a surprise.
Glacier Blue, with free insurance, cash discount and warranty extended to 4 yrs.
He's dead against anything Tata and the Polo is expected to do quite a bit of running. Lets hope for the best in terms of accidental impact.
Old 18th November 2012, 19:23   #2728
BHPian

I need to carry a kayak (10' long) on my Polo for frequent trips, 100-200kms around Bangalore mostly.

Any suggestions please for appropriate but cost effective roof racks for this purpose.
Old 19th November 2012, 11:41   #2729
Distinguished - BHPian

Manubhai, I recommend a generic roof rack whose sliding legs can be clamped on the roof via the door frame. Downsides are cheap looks and will leave marks if carelessly attached or if left on permanently. I assume a canoe will be reasonably easy to lash onto a rack as compared to adult size bikes etc.

Thule is excellent but overpriced, even more now after the rupee meltdown!
Old 20th November 2012, 03:10   #2730
Senior - BHPian

My car's headlights and interior lamp dim slightly when I use the power windows.Does this happen in other Polo's too or does the battery need attention ? Its not an old car, just 9 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks