Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2012, 10:45   #2581
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Last time VW advised a check at 5k for oil top up since higher oil consumption is sometimes expected during the initial run in.
Thanks for the reply. I shall visit the showroom for that. They were pushing me for a wheel balancing @ 5K when I visited them last time. Need to check this at the appropriate section of our forum
Old 8th July 2012, 11:16   #2582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchir911

Just a guess... Can it be the tyre valve? That's the only potential leakage point which I can think of. By the way, I have MRF's and never faced any issue as yet (10K running)
Quote:
Originally Posted by novice29
That is the only possiblity that I could think of so far. But during running . That is my confusion. Anyway after the incident, more than 1.5K in Odo with the same tyre.
Did you drive through a bad pothole or a hard object (boulder, paver block) at a relatively higher speed than you would normally do? I also suspect the tyre valve at fault here. It's quite scary to think of this happening at 100kph or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind_ragu
Hi BHPians, I am planning to buy a POLO diesel, trendline. With the reviews that i read at Team BHP, i understand that the 3 cylinder engine is not as peppy as a DDIs engine. But for a common man like me, who travels 70-80% inside city and the occassional drive on the highway, would this 3 cylinder engine pose a great problem or would it dampen the driving experience?
Barring the 3 cylinder clatter and relative lack of peppiness, the car should be fine for your type of usage. The build quality of the Polo is something that is commendable. I personally don't like VW's pricing for the TDI HL variant. It's way too steep for a 3 cylinder car with the features that it has skimped on such as ACC & steering mounted controls to name a few.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 8th July 2012 at 11:17.
Old 11th July 2012, 12:23   #2583
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen may launch automatic variant of the Polo1.6 soon!

Quote:
Volkswagen may want to target this segment of daily office goers by launching the new automatic version of the Polo. Our sources close to VW have confirmed that the German car maker is currently testing the AT gearbox with the 1.6-litre highline petrol variant of the Polo, and may launch this version by end of August. The same engine is mated to an automatic transmission on the Vento and even the Skoda Rapid, which can easily be offered with the Polo as well. The 105bhp and 153Nm torque engine should deliver fuel economy around 10kpl – and we are not expecting any changes to the power ratings as the engines are fully built imports

Volkswagen may launch automatic variant of the Polo soon - CarWale News
Old 11th July 2012, 14:04   #2584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Volkswagen may launch automatic variant of the Polo1.6 soon!
Volkswagen may launch automatic variant of the Polo soon - CarWale News
This is utter lie. They just want more hits and recognition for their website probably.
Old 12th July 2012, 11:06   #2585
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Automatic Polo 1.6 is a waste. Already, the manual 1.6 is having miserable Sales figures in our market. Last I heard, there is a 1.5 lac discount upfront on 1.6 Polo and 1.6 Fabia. They should get a 1.6 TDi Polo. That will fly off the shelf faster than the supersonic jet.
Old 12th July 2012, 11:09   #2586
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=ajay_satpute;2837289 They should get a 1.6 TDi Polo. That will fly off the shelf faster than the supersonic jet.[/quote]

True. Reports indicate the TDI will be launched in 2014 with localization in place.

Cheers,
Old 12th July 2012, 15:05   #2587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Did you drive through a bad pothole or a hard object (boulder, paver block) at a relatively higher speed than you would normally do? I also suspect the tyre valve at fault here. It's quite scary to think of this happening at 100kph or more.
I didn't feel/don't remember anything like that. After the incident, more than 1.5K KMs with the same tyre. Thats what worries me now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
^^^ Automatic Polo 1.6 is a waste. Already, the manual 1.6 is having miserable Sales figures in our market. Last I heard, there is a 1.5 lac discount upfront on 1.6 Polo and 1.6 Fabia. They should get a 1.6 TDi Polo. That will fly off the shelf faster than the supersonic jet.
Petrol 1.6L engine! Even enthusiasts will think twice. So discounts are expected.
About the diesel version, probably 1.5 TDi (for the tax benefit) with ~ 100Bhp under the hood.

By the way, does VW have any car exchange wing officially, like that of Maruti True Value? I am sure that a number of 1.2 TDi will be there if they release 1.5 TDi anytime soon!
Old 12th July 2012, 15:10   #2588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
+1 to that.

But I shudder to think about the 1.6 TDI Polo pricing. They will have to trim it to under 1500 cc for excise duty benefits. The 1.2 TDI is priced astronomically high as such. VW need to look at 1.6 TDI Polo in base trim TL version to start with. Something similar to what Toyota did with the Liva D. I am not really a proponent of base variant cars with slender equipment lists.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 12th July 2012 at 15:13.
Old 12th July 2012, 23:06   #2589
Senior - BHPian

^^^ The Polo won't be getting the 1.6TDI. Its more logical to keep it below or at 1500cc to get the excise benefits. Besides, apart from the boot and the added space there won't be any difference between a Vento and a Polo if 1.6 TDI is available on the Polo.

As far as the pricing is concerned,i just hope they price it sensibly. It'll probably never happen, but I hope they offer the new engine at existing prices. Polo is already expensive for what it offers, and pushing it further may not be a wise thing to do, considering how close it'll be to Vento's pricing.

I just hope they don't do a Maruti, and price New Polo and Vento like the Swift and New Dzire.
Old 13th July 2012, 11:33   #2590
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi,

What is the 'real' mileage of the Polo 1.2 and 1.6 in city traffic? Also, how is the driveability (of the 1.2) with AC and 2 occupants? Does the 1.2 need very frequent gear-changes in such cases?

Can 1.2 and 1.6 owners please post their actual mileage and brief experiences?
Old 13th July 2012, 11:45   #2591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
1.6 owners please post their actual mileage and brief experiences?
Mileage in city is 11- 13 km/l with ac on, and 16 -19km/l on highways. Polo 1.6 is truly a highway( with respect to milage) car and a fun to drive in both city and highway.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 13:00   #2592
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

What is the 'real' mileage of the Polo 1.2 and 1.6 in city traffic? Also, how is the driveability (of the 1.2) with AC and 2 occupants? Does the 1.2 need very frequent gear-changes in such cases?

Hope 1.2 here means 1.2 (P). My friend owns a 1.2 HL (P) and he is getting a mileage of 17-19 on a regular basis (50% City, 50% Highway). I feel its peppy enough, especially with only 2 inside. No much difference with 4 too.

I own a 1.2 TDi and I have a mixed opinion about the FE of that machine. It can deliver 19-20 if you are light on pedal. And I feel it varies anything from 14 - 22 based on your driving style. When I am heavy on pedal it drops to 14-15 usually. Not sure whether this is specific to my machine or anybody else is having a similar opinion.

Note 1 : I understand that reduction in FE is normal on a heavy foot. But in my 1.2 TDi it is more evident than my Petrol Swift and Estilo.
Note 2 : All the FE figures are with AC on.
novice29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 19:39   #2593
BHPian

I have got another question.

Is there any difference between the GC of 1.2L Petrol and TDi? As per the specification, it is same (168mm). I assume that the weight of TDi could be a factor in reduction of effective GC (isn't it heavier by ~ 90-100KG when compared to Petrol version?).

Though the GC is comparable to most of the hatches in our market (if not better) except the 2012 Punto, I am facing issues with GC most of the times (when compared to my Swift P). Is this because of the soft suspension of Polo?

I have contacted the service center to know whether I can increase the GC of my Polo TDi somehow. They told me that Polos manufactured after 2012 March are having a different suspension bush which is more stiff and will give better clearance. Please excuse me as I do not have any more idea/information on this other than it can be done at free of cost at your service center .

Anybody tried this modification? What are your thoughts on this? Since it is at the dealer's end I am excited to do this modification. Any suggestions?

Note : I do not expect this to increase the GC by a mile. But still anything better than the current one is a welcome for me.
Old 17th July 2012, 19:29   #2594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Another case of cheap plastics in Polo. The air vent flaps in my Polo have broken. Just adjusting the air flow occasionally caused the flaps to fall one by one. All flaps of two air vents have broken down. Here are the pictures.

I went to the workshop today to get it fixed under warranty. They said that pictures of this will be sent to VW and their reply will be told to me by today evening.
Mate, how much did this thing cost to replace? I faced the same issue today on my Polo that is just more than a year old. Don't know when the flaps broke, but noticed it just today. Not both the flaps though, like yours, but the one on the driver side. And the vent is neither moving up or down, remains fixated in the same position, blowing air downward. Going to call up the service station tomorrow and inquire the details of replacement. Meanwhile, let me know how much you spent toward it.
Old 17th July 2012, 19:38   #2595
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I own a 1.2 TDI & the mileage has been consistently around the 16-18 kmpl mark for a mix of city & highway driving with 100% AC. Though, once my dad did a very sedate run on the highway maintaining an impeccable 100 kmpl (not a notch below or above) with 4 of us, 100% AC again, right after a fuel refill & by the time the first drop in fuel gauge showed, the kms on odo read an astonishing 130 kmpl. That means an approximate 26kmpl - the highest I have till date got on my Polo, thanks to my Dad's driving manners

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks