Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2012, 16:00   #2506
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Does the polo TDI trendline comes with remote lock/unlocking feature from the factory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
Not sure about 1st three features but Audible beep on locking/unlocking is definitely available. I have this even in my TDI Trend line.
Old 11th April 2012, 20:59   #2507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Does the polo TDI trendline comes with remote lock/unlocking feature from the factory?
No, TDI TL does not have Remote locking at all & it is also not advisable to have aftermarket modification for remote locking as it involves tampering with original wiring & can interfere with your warranty issues. We have central locking & that is OK with me.
Old 12th April 2012, 20:24   #2508
Senior - BHPian

So, does that mean you get an audible beep everytime you physically lock/unlock your car using the key?

I ask this question since you said this feature can be enabled for TL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
No, TDI TL does not have Remote locking at all & it is also not advisable to have aftermarket modification for remote locking as it involves tampering with original wiring & can interfere with your warranty issues. We have central locking & that is OK with me.
Old 12th April 2012, 21:45   #2509
BHPian

Quote:
So, does that mean you get an audible beep everytime you physically lock/unlock your car using the key?

I ask this question since you said this feature can be enabled for TL.
yes & this feature is standard across all variants. You like it or not is another matter altogether.
Old 17th April 2012, 21:41   #2510
BANNED

Which horn Is similar to VW polo horn, any help would be appreciate.
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:54   #2511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
I am interested in knowing the reasons and solution for dashboard reflection on windscreen like many have posted earlier. I find it highly irritating and very distracting.

I did get 3M CR 70 premium film installed but its of not much help to avoid this situation. I feel the problem is with the curve of the windshield, wonder how it is with the European models of Polo. Generally, the light coloured beige dashboards are more prone to reflect, its the first time I am experiencing on a car with black dashboard.

Does the Fabia also come with similar problem? Fabia however is equipped with soft touch less shiny dash compared to Polo.
I think it is more to do with the angle of windscreen which leaves a larger area of dashboard exposed to sunlight. The effect is at its worse between 11am to 2pm. Earlier I did not have problems with this reflection, I hardly noticed it, it was like non-existent for me. I started realizing this effect some months back. But how did this happen ?? It took me an hour to realize this. The trick was in my sunglasses Earlier I was using a Polaroid sunglass, recently I bought a Rayban. Polaroid sunglasses come with some special coating which prevents this shiny effect. You can visit their showrooms and they can give you a demo for this effect it really works. So dont need to film the windscreen, just get a pair of Polaroids and it would reduce the problem
formel_eins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:27   #2512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Guys, some good news for us Gear Heads. Got some info from a friend in VW that the 1.2 TSI is on the cards.

It seems that they are working on it, so we can expect it soon. How soon is anybody's guess !
Won't the TSI engine need higher octane level gasoline to run the engines which is currently not available in India? I thought that was one of the reasons they had not introduced it in the first place. Would they be bringing in some changes to the engine such that it can handle the lower fuel quality?
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:13   #2513
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are Pics of the EU version of polo head lights!

cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc03313.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc03311.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc03312.jpg  

Old 30th April 2012, 13:16   #2514
BHPian

My brother's Polo Comfortline Petrol recently developed an issue in Headlamp switch, Sometimes headlights wont work even if we turn On the switch. and other time it works. But the instrument console light will never turn On.
Left the car at VW Mount road Chennai for fixing the issue last week tuesday (04/24/2012), Service centre says its an issue with Headlamp combination switch and they need to place order at VW to get the part and fix it. They said this will be covered under waranty and it will take 3 days to get the parts.

But when we called on Saturday (04/28/2012), they said the part not yet arrived and they expect that they will get it only on 3rd May. So my brother now gona take back the vehicle for the time being and will fix it after the part arrived.

My question is why can't VW keep stock of spare parts at their service centres atleast in metro-cities? Also, for whole chennai i believe there is only 2 service centres available.
Old 5th May 2012, 12:46   #2515
BHPian

I have given my polo 1.6 for my first service. There were a few rattling issue i had reported. They are saying that the gear box mount needs to be replaced! Does anyone know whats a gear box mount and why would it cause a problem for a car thats driven less than 10k! I found the gear box in the polo to be silky smooth and im not sure there could be a problem there. :(
Old 5th May 2012, 21:58   #2516
Senior - BHPian

Its the engine mount. Nothing to worry about, all the details you need to know in the attached PDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvb View Post
I have given my polo 1.6 for my first service. There were a few rattling issue i had reported. They are saying that the gear box mount needs to be replaced! Does anyone know whats a gear box mount and why would it cause a problem for a car thats driven less than 10k! I found the gear box in the polo to be silky smooth and im not sure there could be a problem there. :(
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Noise from front of car.pdf (113.7 KB, 688 views)
Old 7th May 2012, 09:43   #2517
BHPian

@bala80: Ahh.. Thanks! They talk about replacing the engine mount as well as the gearbox mount! My service guy is just replacing the gearbox mount. Hope it solves the issue and I dont have to go back again.
Old 8th May 2012, 16:58   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
My brother's Polo Comfortline Petrol recently developed an issue in Headlamp switch, Sometimes headlights wont work even if we turn On the switch. and other time it works. But the instrument console light will never turn On.
When we switch on the headlamps in Polo, is there any indicator in the instrument cluster which shows the headlamp is switched On? My Polo does not have it. However, an indicator lights up when the high beam is switched On. Is this a problem?

Quote:
Its the engine mount. Nothing to worry about, all the details you need to know in the attached PDF.
My Polo had this rattling sound coming from the engine compartment from day one after I bought it. I checked with the service guys after a couple of days and they said it was the engine mount. They have replaced it and now the rattling has stopped.
Old 8th May 2012, 17:23   #2519
BHPian

[quote=Cruzerman;2770730]When we switch on the headlamps in Polo, is there any indicator in the instrument cluster which shows the headlamp is switched On? My Polo does not have it. However, an indicator lights up when the high beam is switched On. Is this a problem?

I have to check on any dedicated indicator in instrument console for headlamp on.
The problem in my brother's polo is that the instrument console doesn't get back lit when we turn on the headlamp and the headlamp too wont work at times.
Old 8th May 2012, 18:43   #2520
BHPian

I have heard that Polos that are manufactured in India and exported by VW are fitted with projector lamps. The manufacturer is based in Chennai. Any idea whether we can get these lamps here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks