Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2012, 17:08   #2521
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
I have heard that Polos that are manufactured in India and exported by VW are fitted with projector lamps. The manufacturer is based in Chennai. Any idea whether we can get these lamps here?
Can you share the details of the manufacturer? I can check with him to see if there are any distributors in your area.
Old 12th May 2012, 11:56   #2522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
I have to check on any dedicated indicator in instrument console for headlamp on.
The problem in my brother's polo is that the instrument console doesn't get back lit when we turn on the headlamp and the headlamp too wont work at times.
Thanks. Hope your brother's Polo's instrument cluster light problem is resolved.
Old 12th May 2012, 15:10   #2523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzerman View Post
Thanks. Hope your brother's Polo's instrument cluster light problem is resolved.
Unfortunately no. The part not yet available (reached) service centre :-(. My bro is kind of
Old 13th May 2012, 22:59   #2524
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen To Launch 4-Cylinder Diesel Polo In 2014!

Quote:
The company is already on the drawing board for the next generation model, which will see a global launch in 2013 and an India launch in 2014. The 7th generation Volkswagen Polo will see significant improvements, more so in the interior room department, which is the Polo’s achilles’ heel.

Volkswagen will not be launching any new product, nor product upgrade in 2012. The company is said to be working on a 4-cylinder diesel engine for the next Polo. This diesel engine will have a capacity of less than 1500cc to take the benefit of lower excise duty offered to small cars.

Volkswagen To Launch 4-Cylinder Diesel Polo In 2014 | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 00:28   #2525
BHPian

After completing 900 kms in my Polo, I decided to change the tyres before the stock Appolo's buy back value becomes non-existent. I was not ready to spend lots of money for tyres like Michelin or Conti, and the tyre shop guy did not recommend Yoko S Drives as he thought they tend to get noisy after sometime. Hence I decided to go for Appolo Acelere in size 205/55/R15. I did not expect much from Appolos as the stock ones were not upto my expectation and comfort level. But, guys, the change from stock size (185/60/15) to 205/55/15 has made a huge difference. The handling has become much better and the car now feels like it is glued to the road. The steering has become a bit more heavier (I was getting bored of the super light steering of Polo) and gives me exactly that taut feel which I wanted. The major difference is the way the tyres handles the potholes. It now glides on the horrible crater like potholes in Kochi. The car now looks well planted on the road with wider shoes. Not too sure how badly the fatter tyres will affect the FE. Will keep you updated on this.
Cruzerman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 13:06   #2526
BHPian

Just saw this on Autocar's site:
2012 VW Polo Cup to get petrol power - News - Autocar India

It is highly unlikely, but what if they make a road-going Polo GTi with this engine?

Nevertheless, I am excited because this might open the 1.4 Twincharged engine's entry into our market.
Old 19th May 2012, 07:42   #2527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Just saw this on Autocar's site:
2012 VW Polo Cup to get petrol power - News - Autocar India

It is highly unlikely, but what if they make a road-going Polo GTi with this engine?

Nevertheless, I am excited because this might open the 1.4 Twincharged engine's entry into our market.
The cost would be over the top. I believe the Polo GTi retails for 13.5L+ in UK etc.
Old 21st May 2012, 00:01   #2528
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my Polo had an incident recently and required a flat-bed as the car wouldn't budge an inch. Need your help/ assistance on this

On Wednesday, dad had taken the Polo out and was returning home at 11pm. He was waiting at a signal with the ignition off. On restarting the car he noticed the ABS warning light had come on and the right rear wheel was locked. The car simply refused to move, and after a few futile attempts he called the helpline.

The VW service manager says the cause was:

a. Too much water spray onto the rear wheel and the brake dust along with water formed a paste, which resulted in the wheel lock (I find this hard to believe, please correct me if i'm wrong)

b. Applying too much force when using the hand brake and this resulted in the springs being damaged. (MAY be possible)

It was good on VW's part to replace the brake lining and the drum brake assembly under warranty, no questions asked.But,it took them 5 days to do it. 2 days for the repair and 3 days to get the warranty approval from HO.

However, i think the reason for the lock-up is a design defect or my car having a specific issue. If i've to believe what the SA says, then Polo cannot be used in coastal areas as there will be too much water entering the rear drum brake resulting in a wheel lock.

Would like your opinion/thoughts on this. We were lucky it happened in the city, shudder to think of the consequences of a late night breakdown on the highway when with family!
Old 21st May 2012, 01:24   #2529
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately no. The part not yet available (reached) service centre :-(. My bro is kind of
what exactly happened to your brothers Polo's instrument cluster?
Old 21st May 2012, 11:33   #2530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
what exactly happened to your brothers Polo's instrument cluster?
Backlit at the instrument cluster doesn't work at all. Also, Head light will turn on at some attempt, sometimes it wont. SC guys saying some combination switch failure.

Issue not yet solved (due to non-availability of part), Last week SC said they will send some person to pick the car from home, but no one came. Since my bro was out of town for a couple of week he was not in a position to follow up. Today he gona take it to SC himself.

A/C cooling factor is another redundant issue in my bro's Polo. He went to SC with the same complaint twice, and both the time they fix it by saying its due to excessive dust accumulation in filter.
Old 21st May 2012, 11:57   #2531
BHPian

Quote:
Backlit at the instrument cluster doesn't work at all. Also, Head light will turn on at some attempt, sometimes it wont. SC guys saying some combination switch failure.

Issue not yet solved (due to non-availability of part), Last week SC said they will send some person to pick the car from home, but no one came. Since my bro was out of town for a couple of week he was not in a position to follow up. Today he gona take it to SC himself.

A/C cooling factor is another redundant issue in my bro's Polo. He went to SC with the same complaint twice, and both the time they fix it by saying its due to excessive dust accumulation in filter.
Excessive dust? Does the filter create its own dust or what? Also, are they looking to change the entire instrument cluster?
Old 21st May 2012, 12:38   #2532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Excessive dust? Does the filter create its own dust or what? Also, are they looking to change the entire instrument cluster?
Nop, the problem is with some switch, (SC guys name it as headlight combination switch) they were going to replace it.
Old 21st May 2012, 18:29   #2533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
Can you share the details of the manufacturer? I can check with him to see if there are any distributors in your area.
I will try and get name of the vendor who is supplying.
Old 22nd May 2012, 10:46   #2534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
I have heard that Polos that are manufactured in India and exported by VW are fitted with projector lamps. The manufacturer is based in Chennai. Any idea whether we can get these lamps here?
This information is absolutely wrong. The export polo is with normal headlamp but blackened effect.
Old 22nd May 2012, 19:42   #2535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
This information is absolutely wrong. The export polo is with normal headlamp but blackened effect.
The Unit is called Valeo Lighting Systems India Pvt. ltd. Its a joint venture of Valeo group with Anand Group.

I trust its a fully captive unit, supplying only to manufacturers in India and abroad. No sales to open market.

Address:
VALEO Lighting Systems (India) Pvt. Ltd
124, Vallam "A Village", Vallam, Sriperumpudur Taluk,
Kancheepuram Dist, Tamil Nadu
602 105 Chennai
CANPUSH is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks