Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2018, 07:54   #4021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanks View Post
Polo paranoia:

I bought a used polo which was supposedly a polo highline bought by the first owner.

Can anyone help confirm or deny my fears? What's worse is that globus pvt ltd the dealer who sold the first owner this car has permanently shut down.
Does it have the following -

Alloy wheels
Steering mounted controls

If no, then it is not highline
Old 2nd August 2018, 08:59   #4022
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
I bought a used polo
Please post some snaps of the exteriors. When did the first owner buy this car?
Old 2nd August 2018, 09:23   #4023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Please post some snaps of the exteriors. When did the first owner buy this car?
He bought it in november 2012, it came with apolo accelere r15 tyres and alloys, a rear wiper and with an audio system which didn't have any bluetooth/usb/aux, that i got changed later.
It does not have steering mounted controls.
Old 2nd August 2018, 09:31   #4024
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
He bought it in november 2012, it came with apolo accelere r15 tyres and alloys, a rear wiper and with an audio system which didn't have any bluetooth/usb/aux, that i got changed later.
It does not have steering mounted controls.
It's a highline variant.

The earlier variants did not come with ABS, airbags on the trendline or comfortline variants.
Old 2nd August 2018, 10:08   #4025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
It's a highline variant.

The earlier variants did not come with ABS, airbags on the trendline or comfortline variants.
I really appreciate your help in confirming it's a highline. Still don't understand though why the driver side door only has two window control buttons instead of four as was the case when it originally launched
Old 2nd August 2018, 10:51   #4026
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really appreciate your help in confirming it's a highline. Still don't understand though why the driver side door only has two window control buttons instead of four as was the case when it originally launched
For a brief period in between(I guess 2011-2012 not too sure though), the Polo Highline came only with the front 2 power windows for the driver's door. Here are 2 ownership reviews confirming the same-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-now-sold.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-1-6l-mpi.html
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 13:43   #4027

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
For a brief period in between(I guess 2011-2012 not too sure though), the Polo Highline came only with the front 2 power windows for the driver's door. Here are 2 ownership reviews confirming the same-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-now-sold.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-1-6l-mpi.html
Some companies feature allocations and omissions really don't make sense, no adjustable head rests are on top models along with rear wipers and even software in the mid. Really don't get it, but hopefully customers don't take this nonsense much longer and the practice changes.
Tanks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 20:42   #4028
BHPian

Posted this on the VW Service Do’s & Dont’s thread but sharing here as well to get an idea of whether this has happened to anyone else,

“My 1.5 TDi has clocked close to 29k in 2 years now and all of a sudden it stopped starting yesterday. The battery is fine, all electricals are working. The engine just doesn’t seem to be able to start. Fuel is at little above the quarter mark. The engine does not seem to go beyond 200 RPM when it tries to come to life. 5 unsuccessful cranks later, I have given up. I also noticed that the engine oil level has gone too low (it was at the mid way mark when I checked during a wash 3 days ago). The car also seems to make a tick tick tick noise which seems to be coming from the engine bay when the ignition is turned off after the unsuccessful cranks. Any pointers on what to look out for before the workshop comes in to inspect tomorrow morning?

NOTE: There are no warning lights or messages on the instrument cluster whatsoever, so I’m completely clueless at the moment.”

Last edited by kaush666 : 12th August 2018 at 20:43. Reason: Typo
Old 13th August 2018, 17:02   #4029
BHPian

I got the antenna on my 2015 Polo replaced (cost: Rs 1,577) at the authorized workshop in May 2018 because it was broken. I don't listen to the radio while driving, and I neglected to even test the antenna at the time of delivery. 3-4 weeks back, my wife (who is driving the Polo since I bought a GT TSI) that the HU is getting very weak FM reception. When I took it back to the workshop, I was told that the antenna base has malfunctioned and will need to be replaced. Estimate: Rs 5,000.

I plan to sell the car in a few months, and would like to avoid this expense. Has anyone faced a similar problem? Is the base a repairable item? The Polo is out of warranty, so I have no problems taking her to an FNG.

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th August 2018, 16:14   #4030

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Posted this on the VW Service Do’s & Dont’s thread but sharing here as well to get an idea of whether this has happened to anyone else,

“My 1.5 TDi has clocked close to 29k in 2 years now and all of a sudden it stopped starting yesterday. The battery is fine, all electricals are working. The engine just doesn’t seem to be able to start. Fuel is at little above the quarter mark. The engine does not seem to go beyond 200 RPM when it tries to come to life. 5 unsuccessful cranks later, I have given up. I also noticed that the engine oil level has gone too low (it was at the mid way mark when I checked during a wash 3 days ago). The car also seems to make a tick tick tick noise which seems to be coming from the engine bay when the ignition is turned off after the unsuccessful cranks. Any pointers on what to look out for before the workshop comes in to inspect tomorrow morning?

NOTE: There are no warning lights or messages on the instrument cluster whatsoever, so I’m completely clueless at the moment.”
I had a similar problem sometime back, with a polo 1.2 mpi. The epc warning randomly came, and power to the engine was greatly reduced and was moving on at snails pace. Then suddenly the light disappeared and the car was working fine. Everytime it came back power to thw engine got cut off. There is probably some wire which has some issue, which a service center should be able to sort out. Resolved the issue in my case at least.
Old 22nd August 2018, 23:55   #4031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
INTERIOR ROOF LIGHT – Rs. 7500: The Jetta comes with this particular roof light as stock and the cluster of lights look really cool especially the two tiny red ambient lights which light up the gear shift area. Really lifts up the boring cabin of the Polo. It also has a slot to conceal the mike of the head unit that is used for telephone calls using bluetooth.

Was this a direct plug and play or did it require any cutting of wires?
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:22   #4032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Was this a direct plug and play or did it require any cutting of wires?
If I remember correctly, it was a direct plug n play. I think the only splicing done was to get power for the 'ambient lighting' which turns on once the parking lights are activated. No cutting of wires though. Also, the module does not directly clip into the roof slot and in my case was held in place with plastic ties. Once fitted, it looks absolutely stock.
Old 21st September 2018, 16:30   #4033
Senior - BHPian

Need To Increase Performance of my Polo 1.6

So I have already posted on this thread with the number of cosmetic changes than I have done on my 2011 VW Polo 1.6.

I am now looking to bump up its performance and need help and suggestions on the same. I am well aware that the 1.6 litre petrol engine being a naturally aspirated one; too much must not be expected.

I will definitely be getting a remap done which should bump up performance by around 8% maximum on power and torque. But more than outright performance, I believe the improvement will be in driveability - throttle response.

Other than the remap, the modifications that come to mind are - Cold Air intake and a better Exhaust system.

What do you guys suggest?
Old 22nd September 2018, 19:40   #4034

I just don't understand VWs service in this country. I got my service done recently under an AMC and they tell me that the wheel bearing of my left wheel has gone bad and it has to be changed. They say it'll cost me 5200 rupees and will take an entire day to fix. So i said I'll send it later.

When i finally send it they say they don't have the part and that they will need a week to order it and they want an advance payment and i will have to come there. They agree to order the part ultimately.

Then i ask them to send the car back. They said they'll send it in the evening, they didn't, they said they'll send it next day in the morning, i repeatedly called them because the car didn't turn up, and finally in the evening they say it'll be difficult because of driver shortage.
It took a call to the service head to get them to release the car and agree to send it back. It was just lying there because they didn't have the part.

My question is, is it advisable to get wheel bearings fixed only from VW, or is this something which can be safely done from third parties. Because it's not the price, but I've lost faith in their service. I'm not even sure there is anything wrong in the wheel bearing. Need team bhp advice on what to do.
Old 7th October 2018, 16:28   #4035

Re: VW Polo GT TDI ownership log. Update: 140,000 km up!

Hi, I've had horrid experience with VW ASS with their moti nagar branch and they informed me of various problems, two of which i got fixed from the dealership because getting it done from a third party.

However after they fixed the wheel bearing they claimed my battery has discharged, something i find suspicious considering they apparently checked the battery as per the service bill on the 25th ot August.

To make matters worse the touchscreen infotainment is locked and asking for some anti theft code, which the service center claims is because of the battery issue.

Has anyone got their battery changed in their polo? Is it okay to get it done from a place other than the service center? They are asking for 5000 rupees. In any case this car will have to yet again go back to them to unlock the system it seems

I have never har such horrendous after sales service. It is seriously making me consider never buying any VW AG car ever again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks