Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2016, 11:28   #3886
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Polo is speculated to get a face-lift AGAIN! This could be the last (hopefully) update until the Next Gen Polo/ small car is launched. To be in line with the upcoming Vento face-lift!

Quote:
Polo lineup as well as the Vento are set to receive a facelift soon. Yes, yet again! This will include DRLs for the headlamps and touchscreen infotainment system from the Ameo. Except for the badges, the Polos will also receive all the updates from the AllStar edition as well.
Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th October 2016 at 11:29.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 17:58   #3887
BHPian

I spoke to the VW Dealer sales person today and he said that the updates like alloy wheels, arm rest would come to GT versions also. However they are not sure of the pricing yet.
Old 12th October 2016, 23:01   #3888
BHPian

The dealers are also aware of the speculated updates to Polos. But they are not sure when the updates will happen.

My SA was saying it could be in March 2017 but he also advised he could be wrong.
Old 13th October 2016, 16:50   #3889
BHPian

Polo All Star Specification from VW website
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-wp_ss_20161013_0001.png  

vijayvelprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 13:36   #3890
BHPian

Link to the Polo All Star e-brochure

http://www.volkswagenlabs.co.in/volk...R-Brochure.pdf
Old 22nd October 2016, 20:15   #3891
BHPian

I spoke to my SA and he says Polo GT will not get any updates from Allstar. Anyone else got a similar feedback? Also next month the GT will be available with dealers and no change in price.
Old 24th October 2016, 20:20   #3892
Distinguished - BHPian

Polo AllStar ready for launch?

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img20161024wa0005.jpg
Old 24th October 2016, 22:07   #3893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
Link to the Polo All Star e-brochure

http://www.volkswagenlabs.co.in/volk...R-Brochure.pdf
Thanks for the brochure link. The alloys look tempting.

The updates that Polo is receiving these days makes the car well equipped but the price is going to be a major factor here
Old 25th October 2016, 14:14   #3894
BHPian

Hey guys, I have a few queries related to my 1.5TDI,

1. I'm wondering if any of you have changed\sourced the under-bonnet noise dampening board? A rat seems to have bitten most of that part and I'd like to get it replaced..

2. Has anyone used a K&N air filter in place of the stock ones? Is the performance difference considerable? Any other recommendations\alternatives to K&N?

3. I'm planning to get the roof of my Red Polo painted with glossy black instead of the expensive-3M wraps (costs 9k just for the roof). What are your thoughts about this?
Old 25th October 2016, 19:10   #3895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiIyengar View Post
1. I'm wondering if any of you have changed\sourced the under-bonnet noise dampening board? A rat seems to have bitten most of that part and I'd like to get it replaced.
I guess this should be available in the service center and even if it is not available, they should be able to order it for you.

Quote:
2. Has anyone used a K&N air filter in place of the stock ones? Is the performance difference considerable? Any other recommendations\alternatives to K&N?
Not sure.

Quote:
3. I'm planning to get the roof of my Red Polo painted with glossy black instead of the expensive-3M wraps (costs 9k just for the roof). What are your thoughts about this?
Please speak to the service center regarding this as this might void the paint warranty that is being provided by VW.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2016 at 21:14. Reason: Post edited. Please note - inline replies are NOT allowed. Thanks!
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 00:59   #3896
BHPian

Looks like the Allstar is doing something good for the customers with the current Polo's discount. One of the dealers has offered me a discount of around 1L and I can take the insurance from outside. Thats a total saving of about 1.2-1.3L (considering the current insurance is 33K for TDI HL and another 15K for the so called elite insurance )
Old 12th November 2016, 12:34   #3897
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Polo Allstar prices start at Rs 7.51 lakh. ( ex- showroom Mumbai), the Polo Allstar costs ~ Rs 30,000 more than its standard top-spec counterpart.
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20161012113019_polox.jpg
Polo Allstar gets new exterior paint shade and alloy wheels, and additional equipment; Priced at Rs 9.07 lakh for the diesel variant.

This special edition will not be sold in the more powerful GT series.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th November 2016 at 12:40.
Old 12th November 2016, 22:49   #3898
BANNED

Saw the All-star in flesh today, believe me, those alloys shod on the 185 look pathetic to say the least, aftermarket, sourced from some local vendor it seems.
Old 14th November 2016, 09:48   #3899
BHPian

I need some advice to decide on my new car purchase.

My usage will be around 1500km per month (700km in city and 800km on highway). This usage is a bridge between petrol and diesel. I have narrowed down to the following two models.

1. Elite i20 Petrol Asta(O)
2. Polo TDI Highline

I prefer a car with good ride quality and with safety features. This will be a self driven car with occupancy of 3 people on the maximum.

I have gone through a lot of reviews and youtube videos. But need input from the owners who have had this car for a while.
Can the fellow TDI owners here please give me reasons on why I should go for TDI than i20 or any other car in this segment
Old 14th November 2016, 10:24   #3900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post

I need some advice to decide on my new car purchase.

Can the fellow TDI owners here please give me reasons on why I should go for TDI than i20 or any other car in this segment
Hey vijayvelprakash, I have been driving my GT TDi now for over 2.5yrs and 38k Kms and I can share some of my views, if that helps.
To begin with, I cannot comment as to 'Why Polo TDI' over other cars in the segment, but surely here are my thoughts vis-a-vis the Elite 1.2 VTVT:

- I am sure you know the fact that there is no comparison between the 1.2 VTVT on Elite against the 1.5 TDCi. The latter is a far superior engine, sans the NVH. If the NVH is your 'Primary Draw', only the Elite 1.4 CRDI may be your best bet, as all the other oil burners do make some noticeable ruckus.

- My brother has the I-gen I20 1.2 Sportz model, which he picked up in 2012. One of my colleague recently bought the Elite I20 1.2 Sportz. So in over 4yrs, nothing has changed on the engine, except for some tweaks.

- VW Polo in its Highline trim offers loads more than what it used to back in 2014. The car is now a much better package as a whole and if you probably spend a few more thousands, you may as well look at the Allstar TDi, which even offers you a rear AC Vents.

- Of course if passengers comfort is you priority, the VW Polo offers much superior and composed ride, but looses out big time on the interior (rear) space. Elite clearly has a better cabin space here and there are no 2 ways to that.

- Considering you will have at least 2 people onboard and with AC running, Diesel clearly makes much more sense. The 1.2 VTVT on Elite struggles a bit with the AC On and with people on board, and the 1.5 TDCi does not twitch coz of that 230 NM torque under the hood.

- After sales of VW seems to have improved a bit in the recent past, but they still can't hold a candle to the Korean A.S.S.

At the end of the day, it is you who has to decide and my advise is to do extensive TDs of both the cars. However, one honest suggestion is to look for the I20 CRDI if its the Elite that you decide on.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 14th November 2016 at 10:26.
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks