Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2014, 09:28   #2941
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Spotted a Polo TSI parked at VW showroom at Prabhadevi, Mumbai as a new test drive car and it was a Silver one. Couldnt see the interiors as I was driving. May be they are launching the non-GT version of the Polo TSI
Old 5th March 2014, 21:48   #2942
Senior - BHPian

Quick silly question, how to toggle between the MID screens to see the instantaneous FE. Tired my best on the trendline but couldn't figure it out.
Old 5th March 2014, 22:11   #2943
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Quick silly question, how to toggle between the MID screens to see the instantaneous FE. Tired my best on the trendline but couldn't figure it out.
Press on the push buttons on the right stalk to toggle between different options:

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_3042.jpg
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 11:48   #2944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
I am getting an engine sign in my polo. The color is in orange. I read the car manual and it shows fault in the catalytic converter.
So i went to the VW service station and checked it up. They said that the EGR has some problem and they will have to check it thoroughly. I asked how much would it cost. They said -

If its just the pipe damage, the pipe costs 8000/-
If the EGR is damaged fully then the whole unit will be replaced for 33000/- !

May i know if anybody has faced a similar problem and what should be done in this case? Thank you.

Hi Ethan 3686, any update on the status of your car? Your update might enlighten a few of us here. Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 16:14   #2945
BHPian

Hi, the rear wiper keeps on swiping intermittently (i.e. once every 4-5 seconds) whenever the car is on. fiddled with the right hand stalk, but to no avail?
What am I missing?
Old 6th March 2014, 17:26   #2946
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
Hi, the rear wiper keeps on swiping intermittently (i.e. once every 4-5 seconds) whenever the car is on. fiddled with the right hand stalk, but to no avail?
What am I missing?
Looks like you have flicked the right stalk towards the front (i.e. the cluster side). The rear wiper turns on and works intermittently. Flick it back towards the rear and it should turn off.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 17:37   #2947
BHPian

hi Gannu_1, thanks for your reply..

Now that you are online, I'll throw another question at you. The key is really hard to crank at times when I rotate it from intermediate to crank position.. is this a simply lubing problem?
Old 6th March 2014, 17:58   #2948
BHPian

Quote:
hi Gannu_1, thanks for your reply..

Now that you are online, I'll throw another question at you. The key is really hard to crank at times when I rotate it from intermediate to crank position.. is this a simply lubing problem?
I asked the same thing during my recent test drive of the polo and was told not to start the vehicle from the intermediate position. He asked me to completely switch off the ignition and crank the engine in one go without halting at the intermediate position.
Hells_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 19:23   #2949
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The key is really hard to crank at times when I rotate it from intermediate to crank position.. is this a simply lubing problem?
If this happens when the engine shuts off unexpectedly, then like Hells_Fury mentioned, you will have to switch off the ignition by turning the key counter-clockwise and then turn everything on.

This is something new for users who are switching from Hyundai, Maruti and such cars wherein you can start the engine without touching the key. IINM the Fiat cars also have this feature (or quirk!).
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 21:29   #2950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Press on the push buttons on the right stalk to toggle between different options:

Attachment 1215751
This button seems to be missing from trendline.
Old 13th March 2014, 07:58   #2951
Distinguished - BHPian

Interntaionally 2014 Volkswagen Polo Gets Fresh in First Commercials !

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 17:24   #2952

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgvij View Post
Hi Ethan 3686, any update on the status of your car? Your update might enlighten a few of us here. Thanks
I had this problem and ended up spending 8k-ish. Did a bit of digging out at that time and came out with an impression that the EGR system in the Indian spec Polo is of older design compared to that in European spec one and is somewhat less reliable. Regardless, the EGR system sits in a very hostile thermal environment and is considered to be failure prone as such. You may like to take a look at http://www.dogandlemon.com/articles/...l-egr-problems.
Old 27th March 2014, 16:47   #2953
Team-BHP Support

The GT TDI variant of the facelifted VW Polo has been spotted on the Pune-Satara highway. The car is powered by a 1.5-litre diesel engine that makes 104 bhp and is rumoured to be coupled to a DSG transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-2015polofaceliftindia.jpg
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-2015volkswagenpolofaceliftindia.jpg
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-2015volkswagenpologttdi.jpg

Source
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 17:09   #2954
BHPian

No! My worst fears confirmed! What is wrong with VW. So many iterations of the Polo & Vento. Whichever car I buy ends up being refreshed! The Jetta- refreshed in less than a year, same thing with the Vento. I have made up my mind never to buy a VW again. If it comes with DSG, I will sell both of them.
Old 28th March 2014, 00:19   #2955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
No! My worst fears confirmed! What is wrong with VW. So many iterations of the Polo & Vento. Whichever car I buy ends up being refreshed! The Jetta- refreshed in less than a year, same thing with the Vento. I have made up my mind never to buy a VW again. If it comes with DSG, I will sell both of them.
I belive it would be wrong to say VW is at fault. We usually blame automobile companies for not coming up with new refreshed/face-lifted model regularly. VW is doing a good job by regularly updating the car with newer features as according to customer feedback & market scenario.

I own a Vento which is from the 1st gen which were launched way back in Sep 2010 and it has gone through a lot of mid cycle refresh but for a regular bloke it would be very difficult to guess which one is newer version.

If you want a car which has less mid cycle refresh you could go in for Maruti Suzuki or a Chevrolet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks