Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2014, 08:16   #3421
blr
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
I had recently checked a GT TSI, was blown away by it's sturdiness. The new polo definitely feel lighter. I hope this was done keeping performance in mind. Still sad to see the quality go down.I had recently read an article where VW is planning cost cutting among their entire range. May be this measure on the polo is for the same reason.
Is your perception of lightness of TSI in comparison to the previous generation TSI or any other model?

Thanks!
Old 9th September 2014, 09:10   #3422
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

My comparison is on the previous generation TSI and the current face lifted polo

Last edited by Amarendranath : 9th September 2014 at 09:11.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 14:42   #3423
BANNED

exchange beige with black trims...

hi fellow polo owners,

i have a 2 month polo gt with beige interiors. i'm looking to swap/change the beige trim with the black trim with any new comfortline polo owners who are keen to have the beige trim.

if any like minded member in delhi be keen to do so kindly pm me.

cheers
Old 11th September 2014, 00:26   #3424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

Q. [/b]We all know that New 2014 GT TDI will only have the 1.5 TDI engine tuned for 105 bhp. Can this alone produce the 'Rush Inducing' pull that the older 1.6 TDI engine gives ? Or will this be a more contained/civilized torque delivered ?

Truthfully based on my test drive , didn't even get a push back in seat feeling with the GT tdi which you might get in the old swift vdi. These engines are way more linear. For the push back feeling, the laura autos ( tsi and tdi) rock , the ultra rare tsi AT pulls like a freight train !
Old 11th September 2014, 01:03   #3425
blr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
the ultra rare tsi AT pulls like a freight train !
Didn't get that feeling at all and that too I TD the TSi after driving a V6, 3.6L without driving any other vehicle in between. Of course, I don't use public roads as race tracks, but I still drove the TSi hard enough in the Bangalore traffic and be able to elicit some 'exclamations' from the SA accompanying me!

TSi is not too bad for a 1.2L Turbo!
Old 11th September 2014, 11:04   #3426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Truthfully based on my test drive , didn't even get a push back in seat feeling with the GT tdi which you might get in the old swift vdi. These engines are way more linear. For the push back feeling, the laura autos ( tsi and tdi) rock , the ultra rare tsi AT pulls like a freight train !
You were not serious JishD when you posted this, were you ??

I mean you drove a 1.6 GT TDI and did not get the 'Pushed back to the Seat' kind of feeling ??

I am not sure if you drove a vehicle that probably had some issue dude, but believe me it is nothing like 'Linear' man. I have drive the old Swift Diesel and I just loved the 'Turbo Push' that engine offered. But the rush that both the GT TSI & GT TDI offer is in a league of their own.

In fact, the 'Pushed to the seat' feeling of the 1.6 GT TDi is almost on par (if not more) than the old 1.5 VGT Verna.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 11th September 2014 at 11:07.
Old 11th September 2014, 11:41   #3427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr View Post
I think JishD meant Laura 1.8 TSI DSG, which is an ultra rare breed in India. The TSI AT you mention is the Polo GT TSI. please correct me if I am wrong.

Now the same rush can be had with Octavia 1.8 TSI DSG.
Old 11th September 2014, 21:47   #3428
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks. The garage guys are asking for 800rs as fitting charge. They said both the seats have to be removed to screw the arm rest which will take 4 hrs. Also, is it stable or a bit shaky?

200-300 Rs is reasonable.
They can screw it even without removing the seats. 2 screws in the back and 2 in the middle
Max 20 mins.
It's stable if screwed right.
Old 12th September 2014, 00:59   #3429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
You were not serious JishD when you posted this, were you ??

I mean you drove a 1.6 GT TDI and did not get the 'Pushed back to the Seat' kind of feeling ??

I am not sure if you drove a vehicle that probably had some issue dude, but believe me it is nothing like 'Linear' man. I have drive the old Swift Diesel and I just loved the 'Turbo Push' that engine offered. But the rush that both the GT TSI & GT TDI offer is in a league of their own.

In fact, the 'Pushed to the seat' feeling of the 1.6 GT TDi is almost on par (if not more) than the old 1.5 VGT Verna.

Am serious - didn't get much of a pushed back feeling on the TD car - also got a resounding racket of noise at 4 k rpm which ensured I stuck to my tsi booking.

The Tsi beats the Tdi big time 0-100, attribute that to the short short first gear on the tdi.

Try the Laura automatics for push
Old 12th September 2014, 01:01   #3430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr View Post
Didn't get that feeling at all and that too I TD the TSi after driving a V6, 3.6L without driving any other vehicle in between. Of course, I don't use public roads as race tracks, but I still drove the TSi hard enough in the Bangalore traffic and be able to elicit some 'exclamations' from the SA accompanying me!

I meant the ultra rare Laura 1.8 Tsi AT , not the 1.2 tsi . The accord v6 is a smooooth machine by the way .... Planning to get one for myself.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 02:29   #3431
blr
BHPian

Quote:
I meant the ultra rare Laura 1.8 Tsi AT , not the 1.2 tsi . The accord v6 is a smooooth machine by the way .... Planning to get one for myself.
Thanks!

That makes sense! Sorry, I misread your post.
Old 12th September 2014, 12:10   #3432
BHPian

Could anyone with the face lift Polo confirm that the tail light connectors are the same as outgoing model?

If anyone could PM me the pix of the connectors, would be really appreciated!
Old 23rd September 2014, 18:19   #3433
Senior - BHPian

Came across a Mars Red color Polo today for the first time and it looked quite fabulous. This is the same color that first appeared in Ecosport and subsequently in Figo.
Old 25th October 2014, 02:09   #3434

I am in the market for a new car and the search has been on for a while . I drive less than 1000 kms a month which left me with Petrol as the only fuel option. Had been a petrol head all the while hence no complaints . My budget is around 6-7 Lakhs at the most.

With the following factors in view, i have narrowed down to Volkswagen Polo , Grand i10 and Maruti swift .

Reliability and Peaceful Ownership
Good driveability/Ride Quality/Steering Dynamics
Power and Performance (based on the available pool)
Decent Mileage

The new polo took my breath away when inspected in person . Grand i10 was not too far away and Maruti for its life long reliability and service ease . The heart ruled over the mind and pushed me to book a Polo with a Booking amount of 10K.

The build quality and reliability made me think that they will be reliable too. However i had been hearing some nasty incidents of the abrupt failure of power steering, Oil sump damages due to ground clearance and a series of other niggles reported (Eg Left Pulling, frequent sensor failures and premature disc brakes wear and tear). I will be on occasional highway road trips and i want a car that is reassuring and go the distance without unexpected breakdowns with family around.

I have ruled out Micra , Liva, Pulse and Brio for certain obvious reasons .

Should i go ahead with the buying decision and choose something else ? Team BHP members suggestions always weighed pretty high for me and this would be the most critical. Your comments will definitely have a say in the buying decision .

P.S : I have read through the forums extensively but rarely posted . So do pardon me for any violation in posting regulations .
anandrahchester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 10:56   #3435
BHPian

Hello Everyone!

So finally the AC vent bug has bitten my Shadowfax. However from the looks of it, it seems that the flaps have been dislocated from its pegs for some reason.

The only way to check out if they are broken or dislocated is to open the vents. Can someone help me how to open them? Some video or links of it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks