Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2014, 10:48   #3286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
The car has got pricier, 8.40 on road for the highline now, in comparison the Swift ZDI is 7.70 but am sure the Polo 1.5 TDi should give respectable in gear timings thanks to zero lag vs the 1.3 DDIS.
It is actually pretty good value given extra power and performance, extra features and the overall quality which is much better than Swift.
Old 25th July 2014, 11:36   #3287
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The 10th char is the model year. I do not know the logic, but typically vehicles manufactured later part of the year always have the model year as the next year. In your case since it is newly launched face-lift, I assume all the cars will be marked as 2015 model.

When I bought by Vento TSI in Nov 2013, the car was Oct manufactured and model year was 2014.
SOS !

Hi Rajeev - since you have picked up a Vento before, thought ill ask u this.

I am going to the showroom to PDI the vehicle today. They have brought the car from the stockyard to the showroom. Now here's another puzzler - i thought the car needs to go to the RTO for registration. The SA is telling me, that VW does not send cars to the RTO, they have 200 numbers lined up at any given time, and it will take him a couple of minutes to allot a temp. number to me. Sounds kind of fishy to me. Did you experience the same ?

Anybody else who can answer this is most welcome, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks !
Old 25th July 2014, 12:07   #3288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan_jacob View Post
SOS !

Hi Rajeev - since you have picked up a Vento before, thought ill ask u this.

I am going to the showroom to PDI the vehicle today. They have brought the car from the stockyard to the showroom. Now here's another puzzler - i thought the car needs to go to the RTO for registration. The SA is telling me, that VW does not send cars to the RTO, they have 200 numbers lined up at any given time, and it will take him a couple of minutes to allot a temp. number to me. Sounds kind of fishy to me. Did you experience the same ?

Anybody else who can answer this is most welcome, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks !
The cars as far as I know do not go to the RTO (Although as per rules they do have to go). But because of the huge number of cars that will need to be taken to the RTO on a daily basis, I think only the file goes to the RTO and the number gets allotted. So I dont think you need to worry about it.

Again, I think this is typical of most manufacturers. Must be a typical Indian 'adjustment'
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 12:11   #3289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The cars as far as I know do not go to the RTO (Although as per rules they do have to go). But because of the huge number of cars that will need to be taken to the RTO on a daily basis, I think only the file goes to the RTO and the number gets allotted. So I dont think you need to worry about it.

Again, I think this is typical of most manufacturers. Must be a typical Indian 'adjustment'
Thanks a bunch Rajeev. Relieved !! I can go get this wrapped up now with this worry out of my way.
Old 26th July 2014, 11:56   #3290
BHPian

Took Delivery of the Polo Highline 1.2 Yday. Love the car so far, much less vibration from the previous version is what i first noticed.... Will write up a detailed ownership thread soon. Here's a sneak peak -
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-photo-1.jpg  

pavan_jacob is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 13:19   #3291
BHPian

Quote:
Took Delivery of the Polo Highline 1.2 Yday. Love the car so far, much less vibration from the previous version is what i first noticed.... Will write up a detailed ownership thread soon. Here's a sneak peak -
congrats pavan_jacob. The blue color is a good choice. Wish you happy driving. Live to Drive
Old 26th July 2014, 16:55   #3292

First they had that dark blue that was A.W.E.S.O.M.E. But this one blows any blue out!!!
@pavan_jacob congrats on your car!! Looking forward to your ownership thread. And again love that blue shade
Old 28th July 2014, 11:15   #3293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
congrats pavan_jacob. The blue color is a good choice. Wish you happy driving. Live to Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishingne View Post
First they had that dark blue that was A.W.E.S.O.M.E. But this one blows any blue out!!!
@pavan_jacob congrats on your car!! Looking forward to your ownership thread. And again love that blue shade
Thanks Guys ! Yes, the blue is quite a stunner, i was initially disappointed that they have discontinued the black, but now i feel it was for the better
Old 28th July 2014, 11:18   #3294
BHPian

VW owners - I was told by the SA that i don't need to run in the vehicle. Was it the same for you guys ? What should i do, i don't believe half of what these SA's claim.
Old 28th July 2014, 13:02   #3295
BANNED

First of all apologies if I am posting this is in the wrong thread.
I am looking to buy a new car and getting confused.
My choices are the new i20 due to be launched shortly or the new Polo any suggestions ?
Old 28th July 2014, 13:04   #3296
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! I wonder why you feel the vibrations are much less. It is the same engine. Have they added cladding or changed the mounts?

BTW, for those interested, the new double barrel headlamps are Rs 15k apiece. And the SA I spoke to wasn't sure if they are compatible with the older models. So that's one upgrade that is off my list. Hope the dead pedal and foot well lights are doable.

I spent two hours waiting for the delivery of my car, and managed to spend Rs 1180 on a door step garnish set for my Polo. They are quite smart.
Old 28th July 2014, 14:37   #3297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Congratulations! I wonder why you feel the vibrations are much less. It is the same engine. Have they added cladding or changed the mounts?

BTW, for those interested, the new double barrel headlamps are Rs 15k apiece. And the SA I spoke to wasn't sure if they are compatible with the older models. So that's one upgrade that is off my list. Hope the dead pedal and foot well lights are doable.

I spent two hours waiting for the delivery of my car, and managed to spend Rs 1180 on a door step garnish set for my Polo. They are quite smart.
Thanks !!

The engine is the same, however, they have managed to ' refine' it apparently ! I was on the TD when i noticed so didn't dig in deeper. but there definitely was lesser vibration. Still no under bonnet insulation btw. The diesel variants have it.

What is this door step garnish you are talking about ? Maybe you could post a pic of the net ? Just curious !

I only got the Polo oem foot mats from the dealer for around 1800 bucks. These were a good buy as they are slotted into 2 small projection ( don't know what to call them! )type things on the floor of the car, thus ending up firmly secured, without it slipping under the pedals. made of rubber, quality looks fantastic.

Got a window visors, a reverse cam fitted and seat covers ordered from my accessory guy.
Old 28th July 2014, 14:58   #3298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
VW owners - I was told by the SA that i don't need to run in the vehicle. Was it the same for you guys ? What should i do, i don't believe half of what these SA's claim.
Back in the 1950s, there used to be deathly slow cars with rear-window stickers: Running In: Please Pass.

That kind of running in is long since gone, but a new vehicle should still be treated with care. That means not over-reving in any gear, and not braking too hard and sharp except in emergency.

Your SA is, I think, right, but be a little gentle with your new friend and help it live many years.

Does the manual offer any advice on this?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 15:14   #3299
BHPian

Quote:
What is this door step garnish you are talking about ? Maybe you could post a pic of the net ? Just curious !
Just Google "door step garnish" and you will know. They are just four pieces of plastic and metal that stick on the door step with 3M tape. They look nice.

Quote:
I only got the Polo oem foot mats from the dealer for around 1800 bucks. These were a good buy as they are slotted into 2 small projection ( don't know what to call them! )type things on the floor of the car, thus ending up firmly secured, without it slipping under the pedals. made of rubber, quality looks fantastic.
I got them as a freebie. They are nice, but I got bored after a while and got these. There are more expensive options like Maxpider, but these are VFM. I got mud flaps and a car cover too, never even opened the car cover...

Quote:
Got a window visors, a reverse cam fitted and seat covers ordered from my accessory guy.
I thought about visors, but I saw a couple of Polos on the roads with visors and decided that they spoil the look of the car.
And unless you need to frequently park in some really tight spots, the reverse parking sensors on the Polo HL are pretty damn good. I never felt the need for a cam.
I bought my Polo in June last year, and it still does not have seat covers. I've still not removed the plastic covers the car came in, and a lot of people think it is a new car. When I tell them, they stare at me.
Old 28th July 2014, 15:19   #3300
BHPian

The door step garnish is called the door sill as per their part list I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks