Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2010, 11:37   #1456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I asked him if I can get a music system outside of VW? He said NO. Autocop? NO. So if I buy a trendline, I have to drive without a system and keyless entry? YES. He said, if I buy anything outside VW, warranty is void and VW is very strict about this
What an absolute b______s attitude! Have they considered that, if the workings of their car can be upset by a sound system, then the car can't be much good!

I suspect that this is not international, and that it might even be illegal to make this stipulation in some other countries (anybody know?).
Old 6th June 2010, 18:46   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
What an absolute b______s attitude! Have they considered that, if the workings of their car can be upset by a sound system, then the car can't be much good!

I suspect that this is not international, and that it might even be illegal to make this stipulation in some other countries (anybody know?).
Only the wiring warranty is void..I got my stereo installed from outside..
Old 10th June 2010, 11:57   #1458
BHPian

I got a letter rather wordings on a car model made of thick paper, welcoming me to the VW family and thanking me for being patient WRT car delivery. Till I get the car I am supposed to make the car model from the thick paper and enjoy that !!!
Old 10th June 2010, 12:09   #1459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
I got a letter rather wordings on a car model made of thick paper, welcoming me to the VW family and thanking me for being patient WRT car delivery. Till I get the car I am supposed to make the car model from the thick paper and enjoy that !!!
whats that Letter I haven't received anything from VW except my booking receipt. Does it has expected delivery date for POLO. This waiting period is killing me.
Old 10th June 2010, 12:30   #1460
BHPian

hey even I got a letter which included DIY paper car, well VW is somehow trying to keep their customers calm, giving a lolipop and keeping the kids mouth shut. Maybe it has something to do with delivery? Because I am being promised the delivery in next 3 weeks. So probably a way to welcome? take your guess
Old 10th June 2010, 12:45   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
He said NO. Autocop? NO. So if I buy a trendline, I have to drive without a system and keyless entry? YES.
Does Trendline atleast have a 'key in ignition warning' or some safety system to prevent accidental locking of doors?
Old 10th June 2010, 12:50   #1462
Distinguished - BHPian

I had forgotten that, even in Europe, there are waiting periods for car delivery. Yesterday I was reading a thread by a member in Germany who waited three months for his new Golf!
Old 10th June 2010, 16:32   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
whats that Letter I haven't received anything from VW except my booking receipt. Does it has expected delivery date for POLO. This waiting period is killing me.
Aha, the letter is at the back of the cardboard car cut out which just asks you to be patient and says nothing about the delivery date of the car. I guess it has been sent to all the people who had booked the cars. But IMO it is irritating me more as the cardboard car reminds you more about the car and the long delivery times
Old 10th June 2010, 16:55   #1464
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe they have misjudged the sense-of-humour of the local market --- and cultural sensitivity is rather important in selling!
Old 10th June 2010, 20:49   #1465
BHPian

I kind of liked the paper car...it looks good from the side profile, but looks bad from front .... great gesture from VW, other carmakers just forget you once the booking amount is paid
Old 10th June 2010, 21:17   #1466
Senior - BHPian

Can some one post a picture
Old 10th June 2010, 23:48   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infantarian View Post
I kind of liked the paper car...it looks good from the side profile, but looks bad from front .... great gesture from VW, other carmakers just forget you once the booking amount is paid
I didn't even get any of these paper Cars, the dealer here in noida didn't bother to call up and update me about delivery. How did you get these letters were they post to you or you collect from dealer personally.

Does anyone know about kashyap Vehicle Works in Noida, they had just delivered only 17 Cars in the city. I doubt there credentials whether they will be able to deliver Car within this month which they have promised.
Old 11th June 2010, 08:12   #1468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Does Trendline atleast have a 'key in ignition warning' or some safety system to prevent accidental locking of doors?
Key-less entry - Non availability - is the biggest problem in Comfortline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I had forgotten that, even in Europe, there are waiting periods for car delivery. Yesterday I was reading a thread by a member in Germany who waited three months for his new Golf!
In Europe/America, buyer can configure his car. If the configuration is non-standard, it will take time. Also - I heard that the demand for Polo and Golf has increased all over the world, in recent times. This would have added to the problems.
Old 11th June 2010, 10:59   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
I didn't even get any of these paper Cars, the dealer here in noida didn't bother to call up and update me about delivery. How did you get these letters were they post to you or you collect from dealer personally.

Does anyone know about kashyap Vehicle Works in Noida, they had just delivered only 17 Cars in the city. I doubt there credentials whether they will be able to deliver Car within this month which they have promised.
Who is your point of contact in Kashyap, Noida?
Old 11th June 2010, 14:34   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Can some one post a picture
I will try to do it over the weekend, if not the real one atleast I have the cardboard one Poloman

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks