Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 16:13   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki A-Star Auto - Road Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar
Yes, as Supremebaleno said A-Star AT tribe is growing. Good to see it is doing good in AT version at least.
In another thread, they mentioned that 15% of A-Star sales is the AT version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar
BTW, when you wait for long period at lights or in traffic, shift the stick to N. Keeping it in D with your foot on brake may wear brake a wee bit and also effect inetrnal clutch or whetever it has inside the torque coverter mechanism.
Yes, I always do this. Last week I was TD-ing a pre-owned ANHC-AT for a friend and when I did this at a signal, the sales guy said, "Sir, you can leave it in D and press brake". I said I know, but it is better to put in N, but he never got the point even though I tried explaining twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz
The switching between driving auto and manual cars is creating some problems. Yesterday when I had the manual, I put the reverse gear without the clutch.
Happens with me to. Moving from MT to AT is OK, but the shift back to MT is problematic because I tend to brake without bothering about the clutch and car shudders to a stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkayar
Thanks. That would be helpful, since yours is the new-look one.
Old 5th March 2012, 23:16   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

Yes, I always do this. Last week I was TD-ing a pre-owned ANHC-AT for a friend and when I did this at a signal, the sales guy said, "Sir, you can leave it in D and press brake". I said I know, but it is better to put in N, but he never got the point even though I tried explaining twice.
Yes, I have seen this, too. I think other guy needs to have some basic physics knowledge about friction/wear and tear/abrasion etc. Actually, more than basic physics it is common sense. When two opposing forces act on an object, they tend to take a toll, however small. Idling engine tends to creep the car forward while the applied brakes tend to hold the wheels. This will brake-pads as well as internal clutch and one doesn't have to be a nuclear-scientist to figure this one out.

And, Simonkayar, I am not able to access your forum.
Old 7th March 2012, 22:25   #378
BHPian

does shifting to N means removing the brake? because it does move otherwise at N , or am i getting confused

secondly the seats are rock hard , is it because its new or thats how it will be? thinking of adding some cushions to it
Old 7th March 2012, 23:41   #379
Senior - BHPian

Shifting to N is same as in MT cars - will move if on a gradient. You need to apply brakes.
Old 8th March 2012, 10:19   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
does shifting to N means removing the brake? because it does move otherwise at N , or am i getting confused

secondly the seats are rock hard , is it because its new or thats how it will be? thinking of adding some cushions to it
N implies neutral. Essentially the wheels are no longer mechanically connected to the torque converter. If on a gradient it will move.
Old 9th March 2012, 10:34   #381
BHPian

Just made a booking of the A star automatic silky silver to be delivered on 23rd from RNS. They have stock of 2 to 3 cars. got a good deal also.Thanks to the forum for helping me decide on the car
Old 11th March 2012, 15:25   #382
BHPian

Prashanth,

If you dont mind disclosing, what are the discounts currently? At Bimal, I was told of a 25k "March" discount and ~3k "corporate" discount. Did you get any freebies as well?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
Just made a booking of the A star automatic silky silver to be delivered on 23rd from RNS. They have stock of 2 to 3 cars. got a good deal also.Thanks to the forum for helping me decide on the car
Old 12th March 2012, 10:17   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enygma View Post
Prashanth,

If you dont mind disclosing, what are the discounts currently? At Bimal, I was told of a 25k "March" discount and ~3k "corporate" discount. Did you get any freebies as well?

Thanks.
Yep, got a lot of godies, extra corporate of 5k, due to personal relationship with CGM. Else the offer is same as in Bimal
s.prashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2012, 14:01   #384
BHPian

here in hyderabad , i got an offer of same 25k discounts and corporate but pushed them more saying the other dealer is giving me 10k in accessories and got that in the deal as well
kippu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 21:53   #385
BHPian

I’ve joined the A-Star AT club!
Got the car yesterday from Garuda Maruti, Bangalore. So far, so good with regards to driving an AT
Question to AT owners: any specific tips to run-in the car? I couldn’t find any AT-specific instructions in the manual. Do I need to slot it into 2 or L occasionally to go through the rev-bands? So far, I’ve been driving it in D and haven’t felt the need to change to a different mode.
Old 24th March 2012, 22:23   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyrules View Post
I’ve joined the A-Star AT club!
Got the car yesterday from Garuda Maruti, Bangalore. So far, so good with regards to driving an AT
Question to AT owners: any specific tips to run-in the car? I couldn’t find any AT-specific instructions in the manual. Do I need to slot it into 2 or L occasionally to go through the rev-bands? So far, I’ve been driving it in D and haven’t felt the need to change to a different mode.
Welcome to the club. Good to see A-Star AT catching up among Teambhpians. Regarding gears, just slot into D and forget you have a gear-box. I even climbed a hill in D mode. A-Star engine packs good punch for a small engine. I'm sure you won't feel the need to fiddle with the stick. What colour you car? Post some pics.
Old 25th March 2012, 12:23   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Welcome to the club.
Thank you!
My A-Star AT is in silky silver avatar and is the new 2012 "spiced up" version with beige interiors and split rear seats.
They had a couple of old models in the stockyard. Must be available at bigger discounts than what I managed to get!
I'll be heading to the hills in couple of weeks time and looking forward to seeing how this car performs Will post an update when I'm back.
Here's a pic of the car, just before I took delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki A-Star Auto - Road Test-astar.jpg  

Old 30th March 2012, 20:11   #388
BHPian

Need some advice here.
I got fog lamps fitted at the Maruti dealer. When I went to pick up my car post accessories fitment, I found that there was no switch provided. The guy had wired it to the headlight switch and they turn on with the parking lights
I was assured by my sales guy that they'll fix it during the first service.
When I checked last night, the output from the fog lamps was very weak and one was brighter than the other.
Today, the dimmer of the two has conked off. I'll take the car to the dealer tomorrow, don't want more electrical failures to happen.
Question: do the fog lamps require a relay to be fitted? Any other checks to be done before I bring the car back?
Thanks in advance!
Old 30th March 2012, 21:32   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyrules View Post
Question: do the fog lamps require a relay to be fitted? Any other checks to be done before I bring the car back?
A fog light kit comes with a switch , a relay and the required cables.

Please ensure that you have a separate switch to operate the lights.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 21:45   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
A fog light kit comes with a switch , a relay and the required cables.
Thanks! That's what I thought too. So much for getting it installed at a Maruti A.S.S. I'll be trying very hard to stay calm when I go there tomorrow morning. More later...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks