Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2018, 07:53   #2056
BHPian

Had to go the dealer as the abs light was on. Turned out it was the left rear sensor which they did not have. Thankfully, as it turned out.
They did the remapping as well which was probably a mistake to have allowed.
Drove 560 KM's yesterday and the abs light disappeared. Brakes worked properly.
I think the mileage has dropped. The four lane allowed speeds upto 120 for long stretches and got a mileage of 14 km only. Previously 16, 17 was easy.
Old 8th October 2018, 12:11   #2057
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

The original OEM wipers cost exorbitantly. After trying so many after market ones (cheaper) where the quality is not up to par (e.g., last few months or the blade makes lot of noise or worse, won't fit snugly), found the best experience with this aliexpress ones from REFRESH

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...27424c4dmuicxq

Rubber quality is top-notch and is very silent when it wipes and is a treat to the eyes with the butter soft operation. I would say its far better than the OEM ones. Its a lot cheaper too. Highly recommended!
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 15:18   #2058

Hello "Yeti" Pals,

I was wanting to change the tyres on my Yeti (Pirelli 215/60 R16) to maybe Continental/Bridgestone/Michelin/Falken/Hankook/Yokohama.

I am looking in both AT and HT tread, however am confused with all the different reviews and suggestions from the various shops in Pune. Everyone promotes the brand they stock or promote. Could you please help me with the best set of shoes for my Beast, given 90% highway and 10% off-road driving?

Also would an upsize to a 215/65 R16 AT (Yoko Geolander) be advisable, leaving aside Odo errors?

I am sure your inputs would help me narrow down to the best set. Thanks so much.

Cheers!
Ron
Old 24th November 2018, 18:28   #2059
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMasc'y View Post
Hello "Yeti" Pals,

I was wanting to change the tyres on my Yeti (Pirelli 215/60 R16) to maybe Continental/Bridgestone/Michelin/Falken/Hankook/Yokohama.

I am looking in both AT and HT tread, however am confused with all the different reviews and suggestions from the various shops in Pune. Everyone promotes the brand they stock or promote. Could you please help me with the best set of shoes for my Beast, given 90% highway and 10% off-road driving?

Also would an upsize to a 215/65 R16 AT (Yoko Geolander) be advisable, leaving aside Odo errors?

I am sure your inputs would help me narrow down to the best set. Thanks so much.

Cheers!
Ron
I changed my OEM Goodyear Excellence 215/60/16 size tyres after 4 years of use. Because I felt they had become a bit hard-ish. And anyway I never liked those tyres right from the start.
I bought a set of Falken Wildpeak in size 215/65/16. This resulted in a 5mm extra ground clearance and the handling and driving responsiveness has not deteriorated at all. In fact I’m happier with the Falkens than the Goodyears. I also added on these Rogerab Suspension Dampers all around.

The Falken WildPeaks are now 3 plus years old and have served me very well. I ve not been driving all that much as before though. However, they are tough tyres. Perfect for the lousy broken Bangalore roads. Rogerab suspension dampers helped further increase my ground clearance by another 5mm. So I ve gained about 10mm GC overall.

And the dampers have helped by damping the up-down articulation of the suspension and this means that even with 4 passengers in the car, I can climb happily over these mountainous speed breakers that our local authorities have seen fit to install at regular intervals.

Another tyre that I really like is the Continental Cross Contact 215/65/16 which seems to be available here and there, now and then. They have a wonderful tread and look nice and fat and aggressive.

Another Yeti who comes to the garage where I go, has those and these tyres suit the Yeti very well indeed.

You can also consider Goodyear Wrangler AT/MT + S in 215/65/16 - these tyres are available easily because many Duster owners use them.

Their tread is nice and tough and they are of the perfect size for the Yeti as well.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2018, 21:35   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
Hi RonMasc'y,
My two cents, based on your requirement and from the set of brands you have mentioned, I would rate based on my personal usage and reviews across
1. Falken
2. MRF
3. Continental
4. Michelin
5. Bridgestone
6. Hankook/Yokohama

The thing about AT tyres are that they come with thicker threads which is specific to their use in off-roads/loose/bad terrain but when they are used on highways like you mention(90%) it will be heavy on the steering and the overall comfort gets affected. So, in case you still want to go in then the Continental CrossContact is a good option or be it the Geolander. Going in for an 215/65/R16 is not a bad bet at all and does not diminish the car handling/behavior. Most of the above-mentioned brands have 215/65 size as a standard so you should not find it difficult to get them. Hope it helps, cheers.

Last edited by ampere : 26th November 2018 at 15:10. Reason: trimmed quoted post
sumzup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 14:27   #2061

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I changed my OEM Goodyear Excellence 215/60/16 size tyres after 4 years of use. Because I felt they had become a bit hard-ish.
Great. Thanks so much for your inputs, Shankar. I will sure keep in mind all of them when changing my set, probably this coming weekend. Cheers!

Last edited by ampere : 26th November 2018 at 15:09. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 26th November 2018, 16:17   #2062

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Hi RonMasc'y,
My two cents, based on your requirement and from the set of brands you have mentioned, I would rate based on my personal usage and reviews across
1. Falken
2. MRF
3. Continental
4. Michelin
5. Bridgestone
6. Hankook/Yokohama

The thing about AT tyres are that they come with thicker threads which is specific to their use in off-roads/loose/bad terrain but when they are used on highways like you mention(90%) it will be heavy on the steering and the overall comfort gets affected. So, in case you still want to go in then the Continental CrossContact is a good option or be it the Geolander. Going in for an 215/65/R16 is not a bad bet at all and does not diminish the car handling/behavior. Most of the above-mentioned brands have 215/65 size as a standard so you should not find it difficult to get them. Hope it helps, cheers.
Thanks bro. You're spot on with the AT review. Appreciate you taking time and writing up for me. Also, strangely I see you have quoted MRF right up the order, however from reviews on the web and retailers, they have other opinion regarding MRF.
Old 28th November 2018, 16:26   #2063
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bro. You're spot on with the AT review. Appreciate you taking time and writing up for me. Also, strangely I see you have quoted MRF right up the order, however from reviews on the web and retailers, they have other opinion regarding MRF.
The only reason MRF is second on my list is that of all the tyres I have used over the past six years, the initial impression over the past 7k kms has been good. It's drive has been supple which I did not find in Falkens even though Falkens performed extremely good and the fact that they came back unscathed from my leh drive says a lot. But, saying that, during the later half of its life cycle it developed pores and the tyre itself became very hard leading to reduced comfort. I've not used the Continental or others in the list till date but have heard that the Michelin has a questionable sidewall strength related to the SUV we drive. Hankook's compound is again not so great compared to the list mentioned. Bridgestone is good but I've not used and they come in 215/60 R16 and so it was ruled out. I've used Vredestein tyres as a replacement and it was good but that again had a softer sidewall and I got into some trouble during one of my drives. Of course, it did last a good 42k Kms after some tinkering and no regrets. Yokohama has some good set of rubbers but again some of them make a hell a lot of noise after as low as 10k kms so it has been placed down the order. Hope it helps, Cheers
sumzup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 01:11   #2064
BHPian

Hi all, I have crossed 1.8l KM's and still eager to keep this gem. However I have got 2 issues lately. 1. Ac blower stopped working. It happened twice in 2 months. Basically after my car was parked under the sun, I started engine and ac. All the ac lights were showing fine but no air was blowing. After I started driving, within 100 mtr the blower started working. Second time it happened exact same when I went to get the alignment done. What could be the issue? 2. Rear wiper stopped working, not sure if the motor or fuse. Any clue on diagnosis?
I will be soon changing my tyres, last time I went with geo ATS tyres and they are very noisy. I thought I will have some trips like Ladakh which never happened. The tyres are 40k KM's old and have life in it but decided to change as they have become very noisy. Will be trying MRF wanderer sports going by above feedback
Old 14th March 2019, 16:59   #2065
BHPian

A great car ahead of its time. It would have been a smash hit (only in the facelift form) if it was launched a little later with a SWEET price tag. Not since the Forester have I come across such an SUV with great handling and chassis (though of course it is not at Forester level it is still excellent for an SUV) and this is coming from a Forester owner of 14 years It was the perfect vehicle to upgrade from the Forester but will not let go of it easily.
Old 17th March 2019, 11:37   #2066

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Hi all, I have crossed 1.8l KM's and still eager to keep this gem. However I have got 2 issues lately. 1. Ac blower stopped working. It happened twice in 2 months. Basically after my car was parked under the sun, I started engine and ac. All the ac lights were showing fine but no air was blowing. After I started driving, within 100 mtr the blower started working. Second time it happened exact same when I went to get the alignment done. What could be the issue? 2. Rear wiper stopped working, not sure if the motor or fuse. Any clue on diagnosis?
I will be soon changing my tyres, last time I went with geo ATS tyres and they are very noisy. I thought I will have some trips like Ladakh which never happened. The tyres are 40k KM's old and have life in it but decided to change as they have become very noisy. Will be trying MRF wanderer sports going by above feedback
Hi, My yeti has crossed 1.5L and I too faced similar problem with blower motor. Actually its bearing bush worn out due to which it gets jammed and some time it gets stuck. This can't be repaired and needs replacement. If you do to Dealer, the price is 34K but if you know any imported car spare parts dealer, you can get it for 9.5K and if your motor regulator is ok, then you can get it for 7.5K.

Regarding tyre, try Good Year assurance, the prices have been slashed from 8K to 6K and these are really nice tyre.
deepakvaid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 20:27   #2067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvaid View Post
Actually its bearing bush worn out due to which it gets jammed and some time it gets stuck. This can't be repaired and needs replacement.
Thank you. I’ve done close to 1.7 on mine. And began facing this issue at around 1.6. Indeed dealership quoted approx the amount you suggest.

A work around I’ve been using last six months is to lean over and tap around on the felt under and behind the dash, it works most of the time. This was demonstrated to me as a temperory measure by a Mr.Abraham who lives near Kakkanad. He offers repairs at his house.

I had contacted him for a second opinion.
Old 17th March 2019, 20:34   #2068

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthump View Post
Thank you. I’ve done close to 1.7 on mine. And began facing this issue at around 1.6. Indeed dealership quoted approx the amount you suggest.

A work around I’ve been using last six months is to lean over and tap around on the felt under and behind the dash, it works most of the time. This was demonstrated to me as a temperory measure by a Mr.Abraham who lives near Kakkanad. He offers repairs at his house.

I had contacted him for a second opinion.
Yes, as I said its due worn bush due to which some times shaft gets jam and with slight jerk it works. Don't delay replacement because if shaft gets jam for more time, it will result in overheating of the circuit which can cause further damage.
deepakvaid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 21:52   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvaid View Post
Don't delay replacement because if shaft gets jam for more time, it will result in overheating of the circuit which can cause further damage.
Have you repaired yours? If so, could you share details of the parts you purchased and the work done?
Wouid help me discuss with my person.

I would also be grateful for info on a couple of reliable sources for parts for my Yeti. People you may have actually dealt with ie.,
Old 24th March 2019, 06:50   #2070

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthump View Post
Have you repaired yours? If so, could you share details of the parts you purchased and the work done?
Wouid help me discuss with my person.

I would also be grateful for info on a couple of reliable sources for parts for my Yeti. People you may have actually dealt with ie.,
Yes, I have got mine replaced but you need to show old motor which is fitted in your vehicle as there are many types used on Skoda/Volkswagen Cars. For me its easy as I stay in Delhi and there are couple of dealer. One of them is "Rahul Motors in Palika Bhawan Market opp to Hayatt Hotel near R K Puram.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks