Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2012, 13:25   #5506
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtorque View Post
The sales guy tried to explain why one shouldn't opt airbags and ABS. His argument was that it costs 75k to reinstall airbags. I couldnt stop laughing on his face. It was rude but I just couldn't control.
Unbelievable! These guys really don’t know how much of bad reputation they are bringing to the organization and the brand in particular. Not sure what kind of screening process they follow while appointing these sales folks. You should have just reported him/her to the manager (and hope that the higher ups also don’t have the same thought process)
Old 17th December 2012, 14:10   #5507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtorque View Post
Went to the VW showroom to check out their 0% finance offer on Vento. Turns out, it's actually 0% on a maximum of 7 lakh loan. It's results in 80k worth of savings when compared to their 7% VW finance interest rate. However it's only available on the Trendline, which no one wants to buy. Its a dull car for 10 lakhs. Also the available colors are white & silver.
In Chennai, Comfortline too is in the list of cars that comes at 0% interest rate. However, the dealer told me that this offer is to clear off the 2011 stock of trendline and comfortline. Anyway, I went for a Highline Diesel as I need Airbags and ABS. Also the interest rate is 5.99% and not 7% for Highline.
Old 17th December 2012, 23:25   #5508
BHPian

I am planning to buy "Volkswagen Vento Diesel Highline" in Dec'12/Jan'13 and was evaluating the trade off between
i) discount you get on 2012 manufactured car at year-end vs
ii) buying 2013 manufactured car in January'13.

The current year end offer that dealers in Bangalore have is :
-> 40k insurance fee is free (year end offer)
-> 30k cash discount (if i make down payment and don't go for finance)
-> 8-12k corporate discount (which i am not getting because my company isn't in their list)

I am not planning to sell this car in next 3-4 years, so resale value isn't on top of the list. At the same time, the year end offers don't look lucrative either. I am a bit unsure about what offers they might have in Jan 2013 but at max the difference would be 40k (insurance fee, rest discounts are still valid in Jan'13). So, I might as well wait for a month to get the 2013 manufactured Vento. Any suggestions that the experts have, to wait or not to wait or possibility of better year end deal ?
Old 18th December 2012, 06:03   #5509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
I am planning to buy "Volkswagen Vento Diesel Highline" in Dec'12/Jan'13 and was evaluating the trade off between

The current year end offer that dealers in Bangalore have is :
-> 40k insurance fee is free (year end offer)
-> 30k cash discount (if i make down payment and don't go for finance)
-> 8-12k corporate discount (which i am not getting because my company isn't in their list)

I am not planning to sell this car in next 3-4 years, so resale value isn't on top of the list. At the same time, the year end offers don't look lucrative either. I am a bit unsure about what offers they might have in Jan 2013 but at max the difference would be 40k (insurance fee, rest discounts are still valid in Jan'13). So, I might as well wait for a month to get the 2013 manufactured Vento. Any suggestions that the experts have, to wait or not to wait or possibility of better year end deal ?
If you are planning for down payment book the car on 31 December with full payment and take delivery in mid January, when 2013 models start arriving on showrooms.

You can do this by asking for colour which is not available in stock, on January 1St you can always change your mind to your preferred colour.
I did the same and got best of both, but showroom manager has to support you on this.

Also remember manager also has targets and numbers to meet.
Old 18th December 2012, 18:53   #5510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
You'll not get a 2013 manufactured car in Jan 2013. It will be at least by end Feb or March 2013 for the 2013 manufactured cars to get to the dealers. Hence by Jan you'll not be able to book for a 2013 manufactured car. You'll only get a 2013 registered car, but the engine will show manufacturing year as 2012. To get a 2013 manufactured car, you need to wait couple of months.

BTB, the insurance premium quoted by VW is 40K. However you can get it for 30K, if you opt it outside - say ICICI Lombard. I get to know this when I checked the ICICI Lombard quote for a new Volkswagen Vento TDI Highline.

Even if you have ready cash, I would suggest going for the finance offer at 5.99% as you'll be saving a lot by investing the equivalent loan amount from your ready cash at the current deposit rates. 30K would be nothing compared to the savings. For e.g., if you for 4.9 lakh loan for 3 years, you'll be able to earn upto 1 lakh in 3 years as interest, if you invest this amount in a 9.25% interest rate deposit. The returns is post tax at 30%. Subtracting the interest outgo, your net earnings would be around 55K.
Old 18th December 2012, 20:22   #5511
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
You'll not get a 2013 manufactured car in Jan 2013. It will be at least by end Feb or March 2013 for the 2013 manufactured cars to get to the dealers. Hence by Jan you'll not be able to book for a 2013 manufactured car. You'll only get a 2013 registered car, but the engine will show manufacturing year as 2012. To get a 2013 manufactured car, you need to wait couple of months.
Is this based on any sort of first-hand knowledge or just a general opinion? My 2011 manufactured Vento petrol AT was delivered to me on 22nd Jan of the same year. In a supply-constrained situation where dealers have no excess inventory it's not uncommon for vehicles to go straight from factory to stockyard, get registered and delivered to waiting owners.
Old 18th December 2012, 20:24   #5512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Is this based on any sort of first-hand knowledge or just a general opinion?
This is exactly what the two dealers in Chennai told me.
BTW, did you check your engine for the manufactured date. Hope you had done that.

Last edited by Crank : 18th December 2012 at 20:25.
Old 18th December 2012, 20:47   #5513
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ The engine is imported so it's extremely likely that it is from earlier. I thought you meant the date of production of the vehicle, in case of an assembled vehicle, that will be the date it rolls off the assembly line. That's what I was referring to, sorry for the confusion.
Old 18th December 2012, 22:36   #5514
gemi_kk

Quote:
^^ The engine is imported so it's extremely likely that it is from earlier. I thought you meant the date of production of the vehicle, in case of an assembled vehicle, that will be the date it rolls off the assembly line. That's what I was referring to, sorry for the confusion.
I think, even if the engine is imported, they stamp the engine number on the block by heating a part of the block. so it shouldn't be a problem to stamp the engine number.

It becomes very difficult to the manufacturer if they import the engines which are numbered. This would mean that, all the engines needs to be assembled in the same order. what would happen if one shipment is delayed? Manufacturer cant take such chances, so i think there should be an alternate way in which the blocks are numbered.

Old 19th December 2012, 20:10   #5515
BHPian

Quote:
How does one check the date of manufacture for the engine only? where do i see this information?
Old 20th December 2012, 20:02   #5516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
How does one check the date of manufacture for the engine only? where do i see this information?
Team-BHP link
Old 21st December 2012, 10:23   #5517
BHPian

Did anyone tried VW Whitefield Blr for car service, How is quality of service?
I have also heard Palace Cross, Blr opened one more service center in Rajaji Nagar.
Old 25th December 2012, 17:35   #5518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Did anyone tried VW Whitefield Blr for car service, How is quality of service?
I have also heard Palace Cross, Blr opened one more service center in Rajaji Nagar.
Shantanu (@evilshantanu) had his Vento's third service done at VW Whitefield. His experience was not as good as that at Palace cross. The work done was ok but not the customer handling. I'll let him post his experience in detail.

You are right. Palace Cross has opened up another workshop in Rajajinagar and they are directing people to get their cars serviced from there as the Hesarghatta workshop has been completely booked weeks in advance!

Last edited by nileshch : 25th December 2012 at 17:37.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 12:18   #5519
BHPian

Will be officially joining the gang today ! This thread is my new home !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
Finally booked a Terra Beige Vento 1.6 TDI Highline. (and about to take delivery)

Make : Volkswagen
Model : Vento
Variant : Highline MT
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 07 Dec 2012 (was a moving target)
Colour : Terra Beige
Delivery Date : 26-Dec-2012 (yes, today ! - will be taking delivery shortly. VIN -WVWL12605DT027003 - manufactured 19-Nov-2012)
Dealer & City : PPS Motors, Hyderabad

Quote Particulars :-
Ex-Showroom : Rs 9,99,072
Less: Discount : Rs 27000 (am not good at bargaining I guess)
Special Ex-Showroom : Rs 9,72,072
Incidental Charges : Rs 14,950
Extended Warranty : Rs 11,634
Freebies (or/err.. was told so) : Bluetooth enabled Garmin Nuvi GPS 2565LM with Reverse Camera(wireless)
Accessories : Rs 9,101 (Door step, Mud Flaps, Rear Spoiler, Puncture Kit). Probably will pay for Car cover as well.

Overall, am very happy , as the dealer accepted to all terms and conditions of my company's corporate lease formalities !

Others : Planning for Kagu 3D Maxpider Floor Mats & Towel material seat covers from outside. Please PM me for (and provide me) advice !
Old 26th December 2012, 13:05   #5520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
Will be officially joining the gang today ! This thread is my new home !
Congratulations.

+ you got the discount on the ex-showroom price
- you paid for incidental charges

Pointers:
  • I'm assuming you got insurance for free, and is inclusive in the price mentioned in your post. If that or you are getting it from the dealer or on your own. Do not ignore zero dep.
  • Tire upgrade - would recommend this to be done right after the delivery. At an approx cost of 10+k extra, you'll get a better set of wheels
  • Get the VAS updates (auto-lock/speed-lock/etc) - i.e. if it hasn't already been enabled on your car in advance
  • Do you need the accessories? Seems to be a bit high for the list you mentioned

Enjoy the delivery! Fun days ahead!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks