Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2017, 16:35   #346
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Asking for help here wrt Kolkata RTO (Kasba) and functioning.

Had given RC for hypothecation removal as I was quitting my org. and moving to another location (car was hypothecated to the org). I have already moved out and the RTO is doing something or other in a manner that new RC card is not yet printed. Any suggestions?
Old 20th August 2017, 10:24   #347
BHPian

The following summarizes my experience @Hyderabad i.e.
a) Visit to the Bank :
Collect the following documents i.e. NOC (signed and Stamped by Financier) , Form 35 in duplicate (signed and Stamped by Financier) and Loan Account Statement.
b)Book a slot :
Visit https://tgtransport.net/tgcfstonline/ for "Hire Purchase Termination". Please be aware that the mobile number of the financier is a required field. Please note the application number, time and venue. The fees is Rs 635. You will receive an sms i.e. "Please bring Valid Insurance, Original RC, Pollution Certificate, Present Address ProofAnd Please bring the Form 35 Duly Signed by Financier".
c) Visit to RTO : Visit counter number 3 and submit all the documents i.e. NOC , Form 35 , Loan Account Statement and Original RC Certificate (put in a small transparent cover), Insurance Certificate (photocopy),Pollution Under Control Certificate (photocopy),ID - Aadhar and Date of Birth Proof - PAN (photocopy). A receipt will be issued. Surprisingly the person in charge does not even check the documents. Then go to counter number 6 and get a picture clicked. Also submit a sample signature. The RC is expected in 10 days.
dpkbehera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 18:23   #348
BHPian

Guys,

Indiranagar RTO has been shifted to Kasturinagar. It has not been properly organized there yet, there are no sign boards and counter numbers. So, only option is to ask fellow people.

At present for hypothecation removal you need to goto 2nd floor, approach a clerk for verification of documents(I think 4th person on right once you reach the floor, please seek guidance here).

Fees payment is done at 1st floor. Once fee is paid, go back to same clerk in 2nd floor, she would verify and lead to the officer who will issue acknowledgement.

I had gone prepared with all necessary documents for hypothecation removal(got the file and stamped envelope there in the nearby shop). Asked the RC to be delivered to my office address for which they asked write a request letter(to deliver to a different address than in RC).

I was out in about 30mins overall.
maverickmano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 13:59   #349
BHPian

Guys,

I am in a fix here. Had been to Indira Nagar RTO on 17 Aug with all the necessary documents and completed the formality in 30 mins. They had given me a slip which is valid for 30 working days. It has been more than 30 working days and I am yet to receive the RC card by post. Went in there today and was shocked to find that the office is moved to Kasturi Nagar. I am worried now that my file should not be lost/misplaced. In addition to this, when I googled today, found that there has been a fire in Indira Nagar RTO destroying thousands of files on 26 Aug , just 10 days after I made my visit. http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...nds-files.html
  • What should I do now to make sure my files are safe?
  • What is the procedure to follow if my file is either lost/damaged in fire?
  • Since the Acknowledgement slip is valid for only 30 days and it is lapsed, can I safely drive my car? I use my car everyday and also drive down to Chennai on monthly basis. Diwali is nearing and I will be traveling in my car to Chennai.
Old 3rd October 2017, 14:02   #350
Senior - BHPian

You can take the slip to the rto and request them - they will endorse a new date onto it.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 15:53   #351
BHPian

I am writing again in this forum after a long long time about something I was anxious about as to how the process would go. I hope this would help many car owners especially in Chennai who have their cars on company lease and are about to remove the hypothecation (HP) and transfer ownership (TO). Also mine was a case where it was hypothecated in RTO (Central) and my residence is in RTO (South). How does one know which RTO one belongs to? There is a pin code to RTO table at the TN RTO Contact List

Part I: Removal of Hypothecation.

Go to the RTO where the hypothecation was done. For me it was RTO Central (Ayannavaram). I reached at 9:45 am. By the way I had read somewhere that they work on Saturdays too but its not for public. As soon as you enter the office on the left side there is a PRO person who checked my docs

a. NOC from financier/company. - 2 copies
b. Form 35 - 2 copies
c. Insurance copy
d. Emission Certificate Copy (Some Petrol pumps have this. I did it at the LB Road Indira Nagar (Adyar) Indian Oil Coco bunk)
e. Original RC

He said he needed a company ID photo copy and I said I have a signed letter from the company stating that they are transferring the vehicle to me and he said that should work. I needed a Rs. 5 revenue stamp (available at the shop across the road) to be stuck on that letter.

f. Company ID / Company Letter

He asked me to pay the fee at the counter which is to the right as soon as you enter the main gate of the building. The fee was Rs. 25.

I gave it on Tuesday. He asked me to come on Friday evening 5 pm. I could not go on Friday and so went on Monday evening. Reached at 4:30 pm. The papers were just lying in the same state that I had given as the person had gone on leave for Diwali. However the other officers were extremely helpful and said they would fix it in 10 min and it was indeed 10-15 minutes. They stuck the note behind the RC which said that the hypothecation was removed. And also the hypothecation lettering on the main-page was struck off.

Part II: Transfer of ownership.

Whats needed:
a. Form 29 - filled up - 2 copies
b. Form 30 - filled up - 2 copies.
c. Insurance Copy
d. Emission certificate Copy
e. Original RC
f. PAN Card
g. Address Proof (I gave my passport)
h. 2 photographs

Now go to the RTO under whose jurisdication your home (address proof) is. Reach at 9:45 am. Again there is a PRO who sits at the entrance. He checked a to h above but then came the shock. He needed 2 copies of the Form 60 (or TIN) of my company. Oops. Whats that? I said I have never heard of it and its not mentioned anywhere. He said - it is downloadable and we can print it and get it signed from the company. I told him the company HO is in Bangalore and would take time etc and that I have an authorization from the company for the transfer. He said I would have to meet the PA to the RTO. The PA also stuck to it but I again repeated my inability or the hardship to get whatever the Form 60 is, he asked me to pay the fee. I went back to the PRO guy and told him that the PA had agreed. The PRO signed on the front page and stapled them all including "i" below.

i. Company Authorization letter.

Went with the stapled doc bundle to the back of the building to the cash counter. There were 4 people ahead of me. Paid Rs.325 fee. We get 2 copies of the fee receipt. One of this needs to be stuck with glue at the front of the doc bundle. The other copy is to be retained by us to be shown at the time of collecting our RC back.

I gave the doc bundle to the Tapal counter next to the cash counter. Today is Tuesday. He asked me to come back next Tuesday evening to collect the RC.

A total of 25 for HP cancellation and 325 for TO.

Some other notes:

- At Sholinganallur office my friend went for HP and TO and he was not asked Form 60. So its slightly different at different RTOs. Also at the HP removal I was asked the ID which I have never read before anywhere.

- Also if your financier has changed names from when the lease started to when it ended - clearly get the NOC mention that. The PRO at Sholinganallur had insisted for another letter which stated that the financier had changed names. My friend insisted that the NOC has "company x - formerly y" mentioned and that should suffice - he did a short visit to the PA to RTO sitting in the next room - no big deal - and got approval from him on the same.

- From Aug 2017 RTO Chennai South no longer issues Smart cards for DL and RC.

- Request for duplicate license can be made online and the procedure for the same was stuck outside RTO South.

- International Driving License is also online. I read it on another notice outside the office.

- RTO Ayannavaram is calm, silent and cool and very helpful and less crowded than RTO South at Tiruvanmiyur. RTO South had everyone come with agents. But all and all - not very difficult.

- RTO Ayannavaram could scare you at first as its up there in the north and you would imagine crowded / narrow / old streets / difficult to navigate and park etc. but I can tell you its none of those and is very easy deal with. Its next to the bus depot and one can easily park. No one is at you asking you not to park etc.

I heard from colleagues that one agent had quoted Rs. 3500 for doing this. Its no big deal guys. You can get it done all by yourself! All the best.

Last edited by jeevmenon : 17th October 2017 at 16:00.
Old 20th December 2017, 11:13   #352
BHPian

Guys need to get it done in Gurgaon...any reference please ?
Old 20th February 2018, 12:48   #353
Senior - BHPian

Dear all
I have a peculiar problem
My friend recently purchased a car and here is his concern. Need support on what is the next step he should take.

Please guide. Here is his concern in his own words(Posting this since he does not have TBHP membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda
I purchased the car that was hypothecated earlier by the first owner. This was cleared and so the bank has given noc and form 35. CC is also received stating there is no hypothecation.

But here at the Jayanagar RTO, while submitting the documents for ownership transfer, they're saying that the chip in the RC Card still has the hypothecation and that it can only be cancelled at Rajajinagar where the car was initially registered. Only then can they transfer it. They asked me to get B Extract from Rajajinagar RTO stating there is no hypothecation.

I knew B Extract will be issued by Bangalore one as well. So, when I took the B extract from Bangalore ONE, it clearly states there is no hypothecation.

I produced the documents again along with BExtract from Bangalore ONE at Jayanagar RTO, again they refused stating "B Extract from Bangalore one does not give correct picture. I need to take the extract only from Rajajinagar RTO.

Is this true? Are they asking me to run around pointlessly, wasting time and money because I have not gone through Agents OR did not give them what they "EXPECT" ?

Could you help me a bit with this?
Old 20th February 2018, 12:50   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Dear all
I have a peculiar problem
My friend recently purchased a car and here is his concern. Need support on what is the next step he should take.

Please guide. Here is his concern in his own words(Posting this since he does not have TBHP membership.
This sounds like nonsense but maybe the bangalore one system (which pulls from Vahan) may not be up to the minute updated from the local RTO's records.

Go to the Rajajinagar RTO and get a B extract from there, stamped and sealed by their concerned person - won't take much more time than a drive or uber there.
Old 5th March 2018, 19:55   #355
BHPian

Hi All,

Wanted to share my experience of "Cancellation of Hypothentication" at Electronic City(KA51) RTO Office in Bangalore.
Thanks to the information present on this thread. I had already prepared a copy of
1.) PUC
2.) Insurance certificate
3.) Original RC
4.) Form 35 issued by the bank. Original to given to RTO & I kept a copy for my records.
5.) A self addressed envelope with postal stamps worth Rs. 18 (for registered post)

I went directly to Room No. 5 where I was asked to make a payment of Rs. 200 at the cash counter. I made the payment and went back to room no. 5. The person on desk verified the documents and then I was directed to Room No. 1 where an officer will very the documents again. After verification in Room No. 1 came back to Room No. 5 and submitted all the documents. Was given a receipt with due date of 30 days from today.
I just hope they deliver the RC in time.

Total time spent at RTO - 30 mins (approx)

Overall, it was a hassle free experience & pretty quick too.
Old 2nd May 2018, 14:36   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
I did this procedure recently and find it really simple.

It would take just one visit, if you know all the documents to be carried.

List of documents:

- Original RC book / card. Put it in a small plastic bag so that it can be easily stapled with the documents
- Photocopy of insurance policy
- Photocopy of PUC
- Form 35 received from bank in 2 sets
- Original NoC from bank
- 1 photograph
- If the owner is not going personally, an application, photograph, phone no, photo id of the person who is visiting on behalf of owner is required.

A payment of Rs 150/- is accepted (Rs 100 for dehypothication and Rs 50 postal charges to mail the new RC to you) for the procedure between 10:30am and 2 pm and they issue a receipt.

They said it would take 3 weeks, though it took a little longer, about 6 weeks. A new RC arrived by speed post.

[Agents would charge you something like 1200/- for this.]
Does Pune RTO still ask for trade certificate from financiers? My loan is completed. I am in the process of collecting the documents from my bank. I'm planning to do this all by myself.
Old 3rd May 2018, 00:21   #357
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I am in a situation where I am trying to sell my car (currently hypothecated to PNB) to one of my prospective buyer.

Both of us come under different RTO jurisdiction. Me under RTO Kondapur, Hyderabad and the buyer in RTO Ibrahimpatnam, Hyderabad

Now, I have already made an agreement with the buyer on the final offer that I am expecting for my car.

Can somebody guide me what would be the process to transfer ownership of hypothecated car directly to the prospective buyer.

I am aware of 2 processes. But dont know how to go about it and which one is the best approach advisable.

Approach 1 - Clear the pending car loan, obtain the NOC/Form 35 from the financier, submit a request for hypothecation cancellation, submit original RC along with required documents and wait for New RC with no hypothecation mentioned. However, I believe this is a time taking process.
Question -

How long does it typically take for the new RC to be delivered (specifically, in Hyderabad, If anyone has any clues around it).

Approach 2 - Obtain a NOC/Clearance certificate from the seller RTO addressed to buyer RTO jurisdiction, Submit original RC and collect NOC and issue to buyer.

Question - When will the RTO issue the NOC in favor of the buyer's RTO after the process is completed?

What If (on account of any reason - unexpected ones giving due credits to the buyer) the buyer subsequently does not want to purchase the car? What happens to the NOC/Clearance certificate issued and how to get back the original RC which was submitted for the purpose of obtaining clearance certificate?

What all documents need to be carried for obtaining the clearance certificate?
Old 3rd May 2018, 08:14   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
Approach 1 - ..How long does it typically take for the new RC to be delivered (specifically, in Hyderabad, If anyone has any clues around it).
It takes about 2 weeks for the new RC to arrive. I did the same about 2 years back at the Uppal RTO in Hyderabad.

Quote:
Approach 2 - ..
Question - When will the RTO issue the NOC in favor of the buyer's RTO after the process is completed?
NOC is provided immediately. Though I am not sure how it works in the case of a hypothecated RC. Will the NOC also contain the hypothecation or no, I am not quite sure.

Quote:
What If (on account of any reason - unexpected ones giving due credits to the buyer) the buyer subsequently does not want to purchase the car? What happens to the NOC/Clearance certificate issued and how to get back the original RC which was submitted for the purpose of obtaining clearance certificate?
I am not quite sure about that since that did not happen with me. I had asked the buyer to give me an advance for the vehicle using which I can clear the loan. As a result, it would be easier for the buyer to register the vehicle easily since the hypothecation would be removed.
In my case, the buyer took a personal loan, gave the money to me which I used to clear the loan. Took the NOC from the bank, submitted to RTO for removing Hypothecation. Got the new RC within 10 days. Submitted the new RC along with the request for NOC to the RTO again next day.
Same day got the NOC which I gave to the buyer. He was able to make the transfer within 10 days after that.

Quote:
What all documents need to be carried for obtaining the clearance certificate?
For the NOC, address proof (aadhar), Original RC, payment receipt (if making the payment online)and online appointment letter.

Getting a NOC is pretty straightforward, so that should not be a problem.
Old 3rd May 2018, 08:19   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by get2bid View Post
I am not quite sure about that since that did not happen with me. I had asked the buyer to give me an advance for the vehicle using which I can clear the loan.
Assuming you want to take the NOC back as the sale didn't go through -

If a NOC is issued to a particular RTO (or "any RTO in a particular city" eg where you have the car in Delhi and are selling it in Chandigarh) - then you have to get a NOC not in use certificate from the RTO to whom the NOC is addressed, take it back to the issuing RTO and get the NOC cancelled.

If there's a hypothecation active on the vehicle the vehicle transfer paperwork will need to be countersigned by the bank and a copy will be given to the bank for their records. The NOC will mention such hypothecation and it will be transferred to the new RC issued at the new RTO.

If the RTO is out of state the buyer will have to pay life tax on the vehicle before being allowed to re-register it.
Old 4th May 2018, 20:52   #360
BHPian

Hello all, quick question on the NOC and Form 35.

Would both be provided by the bank themselves or we should download the copy available in Vahan site, get it filled and get the bank signed?

I'm going to the bank next week to close my loan and would like to get whatever documents required from the bank side in a single visit as the SBI allows to only close the loan at the home branch and it takes 3hrs to visit that branch from my home.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks