Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2010, 23:44   #556
BHPian

Hi Leighton,
Welcome.
Will keep my eye out for an Allwyn Pushpak speedo and badge for you.
You got the scoot in pretty nice condition I must say. Save for the taillight, which is from a Bajaj chetak.
The mudguard of Allwyns is so weird, that even if I was a die hard stickler for originality, I'd change it! It just does not go with the otherwise semi-angular styling, and was just an excuse to claim to be different from the vijai design. What would you do, given the option?
I read somewhere that Allwyns were in fact more robust than vijais. Is there any truth to this?
Old 31st July 2010, 23:58   #557
BHPian

Here is my Allwyn Pushpak
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_0355.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_0357.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_0360.jpg  

Old 1st August 2010, 00:03   #558
BHPian

My dad is restoring his 1960 Lambretta Li150 (which is going on for quite some time due to dearth of proper mechanic). Now the problem is - no electric current is coming to spark plug. It has 2 coils - one for headlight and another for plug. The coli for headlight is generating current but ont the other one. Can anybody suggest some solution?
Old 1st August 2010, 12:11   #559
Senior - BHPian

Hey Girish nice scoot man! its proud when I see PATANCHERU an industrial area in Hyderabad where I live.

I really miss a prestine Allwyn pushpak which was brought by my neighbour and it was used by a guy who used to drive it only and only to tennis court. When it was brought it did only 3000 kms in her life. I throughly enjoyed the scoot, turst me it a work horse.

To my luck I was even offered that scooter for FREE when they brought a brand new cheatak but I couldn't for some reasons and now I regret as she is not to be seen anywhere.
Old 1st August 2010, 12:58   #560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Here is my Allwyn Pushpak
Aah, nice to see my ex "Pushpa" in great shape! I'm glad she's gone to good hands! And arun's done a good job on her too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
My dad is restoring his 1960 Lambretta Li150 (which is going on for quite some time due to dearth of proper mechanic). Now the problem is - no electric current is coming to spark plug. It has 2 coils - one for headlight and another for plug. The coli for headlight is generating current but ont the other one.
So far I've never heard of Lambrettas having 2 coils?! Anyways, if there is no current from the spark plug coil, get it checked and fixed, if not repairable then need to replace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
I really miss a prestine Allwyn pushpak which was brought by my neighbour and it was used by a guy who used to drive it only and only to tennis court. When it was brought it did only 3000 kms in her life. I throughly enjoyed the scoot, turst me it a work horse.

To my luck I was even offered that scooter for FREE when they brought a brand new cheatak but I couldn't for some reasons and now I regret as she is not to be seen anywhere.
Indeed a pity! I too regret having let go of my 'pushpa', which I had briefly, but no regrets for the scooter, as it's gone to good hands as you can see!
Old 1st August 2010, 20:30   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
So far I've never heard of Lambrettas having 2 coils?! Anyways, if there is no current from the spark plug coil, get it checked and fixed, if not repairable then need to replace.
Thanks Stanher. Yes indeed this one is two coil, the stator-plate is made by Ducati, Italy.
Old 1st August 2010, 20:52   #562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Thanks Stanher. Yes indeed this one is two coil, the stator-plate is made by Ducati, Italy.
Oh, so that's what he meant by the other 'coil'! Got it now!
Old 2nd August 2010, 00:14   #563
BHPian

@ Chanu, Thanks mate, me too excited when I saw the Patancheru speedo meter. Though the needle is broken, the meter still works !!
Sorry to hear that you missed a gem....we all missed such a opportunity in one or another way.

@Shyam......yes, I was lucky to have your ex "Pushpa" through Arun.

Thanks Arun and Sidman to get me this and get it restored under their supervision.

Last edited by girishpv : 2nd August 2010 at 00:20.
Old 2nd August 2010, 00:35   #564
Senior - BHPian

Sensational name given by Stanher "pushpa", this reminds me of Rajesh Khanna's punch line....."Aie pushpa jeevan ek katputhle hai ray". here " Aie pushpa .......I love you ray". Here we have an awesome meter repairer I will ask him if he has any spare pushpak meter next time i visit him. Now I dont feel painful about loosing the pushpak as I can see her in your "Pushpa".

Cheers!!

Last edited by chanu : 2nd August 2010 at 00:38.
Old 2nd August 2010, 09:52   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Sensational name given by Stanher "pushpa", this reminds me of Rajesh Khanna's punch line....."Aie pushpa jeevan ek katputhle hai ray". here " Aie pushpa .......I love you ray". Here we have an awesome meter repairer I will ask him if he has any spare pushpak meter next time i visit him. Now I dont feel painful about loosing the pushpak as I can see her in your "Pushpa".
Actually I must quickly mention here- the credit of the name goes to sidman, who'd collected it on my behalf when I first bought it, before handing it over to girish!

And I think the Rajesh Khanna 'pushpa' dialogue actually was "mat ro Pushpa...I hate tears" from the movie Amar Prem.

And (OT again!) I'm interested to know about this meter repairer you mention- does he fix car meters as well?
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:11   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Actually I must quickly mention here- the credit of the name goes to sidman, who'd collected it on my behalf when I first bought it, before handing it over to girish!

And I think the Rajesh Khanna 'pushpa' dialogue actually was "mat ro Pushpa...I hate tears" from the movie Amar Prem.

And (OT again!) I'm interested to know about this meter repairer you mention- does he fix car meters as well?
Alright so I was wrong with the dialouge. This guy is familiar with most of the car & bikes restorers, his name is Pandhari behind Bhavan's New Science College, Narayanguda. I am not sure if he does car meters but its worth a visit to him, he should be able to help you.
Old 9th August 2010, 00:06   #567
BHPian

Here are some pics of my 1985 Mark 2 Vijai Super, which I got recently. It has been serviced, and new cables and some rubber parts were fitted. It is in original paint, and runs well. I don't plan to do any major work on it right now...maybe next year.
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc01974.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc01975.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc01976.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc01977.jpg  

Old 9th August 2010, 09:10   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
Here are some pics of my 1985 Mark 2 Vijai Super, which I got recently. It has been serviced, and new cables and some rubber parts were fitted. It is in original paint, and runs well. I don't plan to do any major work on it right now...maybe next year.
Hey congrats, sid! Scoot looks great!
I'd seen this before in pics. of the BCSC rallies, but thought it belonged to arun.

Amazing to find the original paint still in good shape!
I first had a mk2 Vijai, learnt 2-wheeler driving on it! It too was in original paint when bought but wasnt in such a great condition! I wasnt too fond of the mk2 mudguard so converted it to the earlier mk1 type later.
You're right, your scoot doesnt need any major work as of now! Needless to say, have fun with it!
Old 9th August 2010, 10:20   #569
BHPian

Congrats Sid,
Has almost the same looks of my dad's scooter.
Are there floor strips under the mat. My dad's cooter came with a plain floor mat, without floor strips. And there was a long metal strip running along the sides. It was there was 15 years and the painter removed them off and converetd them to the regular floor mat with floor strips. The metal side strips are still lying at home, as they dont fit along with the platic strips.
Do replace the clutch lever. Had you intentionally removed the spare wheel bracket?
Old 9th August 2010, 18:17   #570
BHPian

Hello Guys, here is my rejunvinated Lambretta Cento. Im the second owner of this lovely scooter. I got it in a completely stock/original condition and it was still in its original paint. I had to repaint it because of some dents and rust. The engine has very less mileage on it and still in its factory seals. For this reason, I left the engine as it is. I would buff the engine covers when I have to open the engine. I am lucky that very few parts were missing and except for the taillight which is off a vijay, everything else on this scoot is original. Im looking for Cento Healight rim and glass, if anyone can get me one.

Here are the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-imag0037.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-imag0038.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00080.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00083.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00087.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00084.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00093.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00126.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00127.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00128.jpg