Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 15:48   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambyMan View Post
need your help for API side panel monogram. also the horncast monogram for LI150 which says "lambretta innocenti" and LY150 which says "API Lambretta"
Could I ask which API side-panel monogram you're referring to? The "wing" shaped ones only on the Lamby 150?
The horncast monogram you refer to is quite rare here, can be had mostly from abroad. Lamby150 had only "API" horncast monogram.
Old 1st December 2009, 16:01   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
The horncast monogram you refer to is quite rare here, can be had mostly from abroad. Lamby150 had only "API" horncast monogram.
Stan: Your opinion on this badge. Is this an original one?
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-image205.jpg  

Old 1st December 2009, 18:15   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Stan: Your opinion on this badge. Is this an original one?
This is the badge that came on the very first "API-ised" s2 Li150s, (post '62 I reckon), based on the Innocenti monogram. Thi was repalced by the more common later ones with just the "API" initials in them.
I think this is what LambyMan was referring to as the "api Lambretta" horncast badge, although they never came on the Lamby150 , which had the badge with just "API" initials in it.
Old 1st December 2009, 19:56   #454
BHPian

any possibilities of getting these though? and also the innocenti lambretta for Sunils LI 150 ahich is 1960's make.

and the side panels with those holes and press in centre on Lamby looks awful without monogram need those too.

It would be real help if you people could find some for me please.

Quote:
Could I ask which API side-panel monogram you're referring to? The "wing" shaped ones only on the Lamby 150?

Stan I think you've seriously got some knowledge on these scooters, i'm still in a stage where I'm learning all new things everyday, especially when i met all you people from TBHP.

I wanted the harncast monogram which has API and Lambretta written on it as in the picture above, though lamby did not have any, and for Sunils scoot I want Lambretta innocenti monogram.

For Side Panel I require wing shaped monogram for Lamby and for Sunil's 1960 li150 the original which came on it.

Last edited by bblost : 2nd December 2009 at 10:04. Reason: back 2 back posts, use edit when posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 1st December 2009, 20:26   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Sid and Saurav,

need your help for API side panel monogram. also the horncast monogram for LI150 which says "lambretta innocenti" and LY150 which says "API Lambretta"
Hi Rakesh, you should have posted this in the restoration thread...fits there better! Lamby 150 "side flashes" should be available here..will check coming weekend, if you like. For the horncast badges, you'll have to get it from abroad. I have a nice Lambretta horncast badge on my scoot, but it was gifted to me by a friend. You must be aware that the Lambretta will need side shield Lambretta monograms...this might also have to be ordered from abroad.

Last edited by Sidman : 1st December 2009 at 20:31.
Old 1st December 2009, 20:30   #456
BHPian

Quote:
This is the badge that came on the very first "API-ised" s2 Li150s, (post '62 I reckon)
Im glad that I have something that I should hold on to now
Old 1st December 2009, 20:47   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Im glad that I have something that I should hold on to now
You bet, this badge is worth its weight in Gold belongs in a future Indian classics Museum, by none other than Mr Karl Bhote.
Old 1st December 2009, 22:43   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
Hi Rakesh, you should have posted this in the restoration thread...fits there better! Lamby 150 "side flashes" should be available here..will check coming weekend, if you like. For the horncast badges, you'll have to get it from abroad. I have a nice Lambretta horncast badge on my scoot, but it was gifted to me by a friend. You must be aware that the Lambretta will need side shield Lambretta monograms...this might also have to be ordered from abroad.

It would be really nice of you if you can get me the Lamby side flash monogram , the rest I think there's no other way but to get from abroad :(
Old 1st December 2009, 23:04   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I wanted the harncast monogram which has API and Lambretta written on it as in the picture above, though lamby did not have any, and for Sunils scoot I want Lambretta innocenti monogram.
For Side Panel I require wing shaped monogram for Lamby and for Sunil's 1960 li150 the original which came on it.
Oh rakesh....I totally forgot it was you btw, sorry!

@sid: I'm surprised to know the wing-shaped badges for the Lamby are still available! I couldn't get those anywhere locally, or even from Delhi, when I had my Lamby!
Rakesh, can't think of these being available abroad either, as they came only on the Indian-made Lamby150. So scouting around our land is the only hope.

The api-lambretta horncast badge sure does look better than the plain API one....but very very difficult to get compared to the latter!

Last edited by Stanher : 1st December 2009 at 23:07.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:11   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
You bet, this badge is worth its weight in Gold belongs in a future Indian classics Museum, by none other than Mr Karl Bhote.
Indian Classic museum?? can you throw some light to it. The Fantabulous, the vespa, the standard I kind of getting it.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:56   #461
BHPian

Hey Team,

a couple of days back a friend of mine offered me a cento to buy.
its in fantastic conditions with very good original paint cream colour and running real smooth.
Just wanted to ask how much should i buy it for?
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:26   #462
BHPian

Guys, the importer I got my Vijay from in Yorkshire had a Kelvinator last time I was there. He'll struggle to sell it because it is pretty ugly.
I wonder, is it worth acquiring?
Old 5th December 2009, 09:57   #463
BHPian

Someone has stolen my kick side panel . dont know what to do

also ther was another type of monogram API Lambretta in Gold & Black combo I have seen them on two scoots dont know wether its original or aftermarket

regarding the wing shaped badges i have both but used & the tips are broken also the small reflector pieces are missing I wouldnt be using them.

Do let me know if someone has an extra (the kickside panel)
Old 7th December 2009, 10:13   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzone View Post

also ther was another type of monogram API Lambretta in Gold & Black combo I have seen them on two scoots dont know wether its original or aftermarket

regarding the wing shaped badges i have both but used & the tips are broken also the small reflector pieces are missing I wouldnt be using them.

I would recommend you go to local scrapyard or the sunday flea market . I remember a similar incident with a Priya scooter, the same panel was found in flea market and the owner had to pay 200 buks to get his scooters panel.
Old 7th December 2009, 19:08   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzone View Post

Dear Layzone,

I would love to have the side panel wing monograms for Lamby.
I've spotted a Lambretta without papers, and the fellow is asking 5k for it, however if he comes down to 2 to 2.5 K I would buy that and might be you could have the panel, however its a long process,...
well do let me know about wing badges and how much you expect.

Regards,

Rakesh G.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks