Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 09:43   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Ok, thanks. Could you tell me where and how it's connected? To the tank? Or the carb?
Hope you got the small platic cup/funnel that fits at the bottom of the air hose. Do you see a open vent in the air hose where the cup would fit in. Fit the cup in the vent. Fit a small petrol hose to the drain side of the cup and route it through the clamp seen on the flywheel cowl. Will try to get you a picture from Rakesh's scooter while we meet in the occassion.
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:04   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Hope you got the small platic cup/funnel that fits at the bottom of the air hose. Do you see a open vent in the air hose where the cup would fit in.
Fit the cup in the vent. Fit a small petrol hose to the drain side of the cup and route it through the clamp seen on the flywheel cowl.
Okies, got it! Thanks Ilango! And here I was often wondering why the cud at the end of the airhose was shaped that way!
Old 2nd February 2010, 20:00   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
I've seen a '96 model like this, unmodified. These were built for export, but a few found their way onto Indian roads. In addition to the factory-fitted front damper, it supposedly has a CDI kit as OE.
Yes , you are right Sidman, it is a "Electronic Ignition" one & Think it has a different Port timings, coz, the engine responds so quick in spite of this " Round slide Mikarb" ( this i am telling, EXCLUDING the Expansion Chamber's pusssh !!!)
& more than that the Front Suspension works so good,even with 50% condition Dampers ( think it is a Shockabsorber).
All this, ifs, buts & Think........can be made clear, coz now this scooter is MINE ( just yesterday, I picked it)
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:59   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

'happened to find this Lambretta s2 being "restored" by a roadside mechanic, while driving through Secunderabad today.

One sad thing is the guy fitting a bajaj/priya tail-lamp on the scoot just at that time. I told him you could get atleast the plastic body original tail-light here, and his reply was "saadE chaar sow (450) ka hai!"
He claims the scoot is his customer's but I doubt it, 'suspect he's bought it fo himself going by the way he's going about the work.

The other one is a Lamby 150 still in what appears to be original paint just bought by the mechanic doing up my scoot. Note the original service instruction sticker inside the legshield! First time I'm seeing one.
He said this scoot used to be lying in an apartment parking lot earlier and it seems to have been vandalised a lot while it was, going by the missing badges and tail-light! He intends to restore it now.
BTW, is the Lamby 150 legshield badge still available?

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_4892.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-s202.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-s201.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_4897.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_4896.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_4895.jpg
Old 4th February 2010, 05:33   #500
BHPian

Hi Team,

Here are some updates from my scoot:

took it for a Office outing 50 Km's non stop, it was an amazing drive, but here came a point when i went offroad majorly dry mud and bumps and my muffler hit the grounds and my scoot stopped in couple of minutes. It started again and stopped did not move a inch this happened for a couple of times and i was annoyed it was night time, finally i starrted thinking what possibly could have gone wrong by muffler hitting the grounds. then it just struck my mind that the carb and air filter drain pipe must have hit the grounds too i removed it and the scoot just ran perfectly.
the pipe was clogged with mud and possibly the carb was sucking mud from there.

here are some pics:

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn3746.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn3747.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn3795.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn3794.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn3761.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn3751.jpg

Also took it to Office, parking lot always had admirers near it discussing, Security smiles and says "hamare zamane ki gaadi" (sorry for hindi) became a topic of discussion andin office, all the colleuges loved it. 1 of my friend had a interest in Jawa he bought 1 after seeing this one and started his restorations.
lots of things to share but dont want to bug you
Old 4th February 2010, 15:50   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambyMan View Post
Hi Team,

Here are some updates from my scoot:

took it for a Office outing 50 Km's non stop, it was an amazing drive,

here are some pics:
Hey Rakesh, good goind man! Glad to know your scoot is making you have the best of times now! can't wait to have mine ready after seeing this!!

BTW, about this pic.:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...e-dscn3795.jpg

It wasnt by any chance inspired by this, was it:

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/...Kadhali_16.jpg

'guess I now know where you got the idea for your colour combo from!
Old 4th February 2010, 15:52   #502
BHPian

My friend has a Lamby. Where can I find the spares and accessories for this machine?
Old 4th February 2010, 16:42   #503
BHPian

Aha! I feel nostalgic reading this thread! We have had a Lamby scooter ( one with verticle spare wheel ) during 70's.We owned it for 10+ years. We have had made numerous long ( > 100 km ) rides on it. Infact, I grew up seeing Lamby @ home. We had put a luggage carrier at the back of the spare wheel. We then got made a decent 'Gaadi' ( Cushion ) which would fit perfectly on the opened luggage carrier. With that in place, Lamby was able to haul our complete family ( of 4 ). I being younger one used to stand in the front with my sister seating on the last seat! Lamby worked just fine. Never had any major issues with the scooter. It has got now so much weaved into my memories that whenever I think of my childhood days - Lamby appears there as well!
Old 4th February 2010, 22:52   #504
BHPian

BTW, about this pic.:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...e-dscn3795.jpg

It wasnt by any chance inspired by this, was it:

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/...Kadhali_16.jpg

'guess I now know where you got the idea for your colour combo from! [/quote]

Hey,
Thanks Stan,
I'm not a Tamil movie watcher nor was it inspierd from there, the picture was shot while they were flying, and i suggested them to make a cross.
Also If you closely see the fella in Red T shirt is is Shobhit who has acted in commercials like ACT II Popcorn, Appy Fizz, LMN, etc..
Old 19th February 2010, 16:36   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's a Lamby Polo (long time since I saw one!) in daily use owned by a shopkeeper.

Nearly complete.

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_5092.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_5094.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_5096.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_5097.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_5095.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_5093.jpg
Old 19th February 2010, 19:04   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Here's a Lamby Polo (long time since I saw one!) in daily use owned by a shopkeeper.
There's a brown one next to my office, ridden by an old guy. I happened to see it in person a few days ago, and the first thing that I understood was why it flopped! The restyling just seems out of place, and not nice to look at. Some of the dimensions (like the speedo and side indicators) are just wrong and not aesthetic. IMHO, it is the only ugly duckling out of all the Lambretta / Lambretta-based models produced locally. The S2s and Vijais look like majestic swans compared to the Polo. And if I ticked off any Polo owners, I'm sorry.
Old 19th February 2010, 23:30   #507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Some of the dimensions (like the speedo and side indicators) are just wrong and not aesthetic..
Not to mention the tail-light (resembles one of the later chetaks'! )
Old 21st February 2010, 19:33   #508
BHPian

Look what I found

Saw this Lamb recently.
The owner was having a workshop those days and this lambretta remained with him.
Still used on his daily trip with a very 'sound' engine.
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lamb1.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lam2.jpg  

Old 21st February 2010, 21:20   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampro View Post
Saw this Lamb recently.
The owner was having a workshop those days and this lambretta remained with him.
Another mix n match job. Lamby speedo, Innocenti horncast. The foot rest is totally unnecessary. Scoot has been butchered...
Old 21st February 2010, 22:52   #510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampro View Post
Saw this Lamb recently.
Quote:
Another mix n match job. Lamby speedo, Innocenti horncast. The foot rest is totally unnecessary. Scoot has been butchered...
Welcome back Stampro! Long time no see!

Yes, no doubt a mix and match job....however, I reckon it is indeed an original 1960 Innocenti Lambretta with the horncast and side-domes original, but rest everything is from later model, speedo and mudguard are from Lamby 150.

A real pity because this scoot still has the side-panel badge intact! Very rare to find these. 'wish there was a way I could 'save' it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks