Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 01:36   #511
Senior - BHPian

Aha Lamby Polo my mama, Jeega had it. My mama's was a cream colour and Jeegas was chocolate colour.

Stanher sir whats the update on the your lambretta? eager to see the photo shoot (the complete out come)
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:27   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Stanher sir whats the update on the your lambretta? eager to see the photo shoot (the complete out come)
In good time, sir! 'wanted to post yesterday itself but my net went out all of yesterday evening and just came back!!

Leaving for work now, so will post in the evening! Stay tuned!
Old 10th March 2010, 03:55   #513
BHPian

colours

Here is some funky colour combinations, if anyone dare to

Colour change did using GIMP.

vok
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lambretta_li_150_color4.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lambretta_li_150_color2.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lambretta_li_150_color3.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lambretta_li_150_color5.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 18th March 2010, 09:26   #514
BHPian

just helping my friend with his Vijay Super engine work done , painting job is pending bec of front mudguard , if anyone has an extra (front mudguard)would like to part with plz do let me know .
doesnt matter if its the turning one or the fix type.
plz do help.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:44   #515
BHPian

doesn't anyone have or know some shop who has a front mudguard for Vijay super
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:25   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzone View Post
doesn't anyone have or know some shop who has a front mudguard for Vijay super
I had asked for this in local scooter spares shops, they dont stock any external body parts for lambrettas/vijai. You can try Vintage auto world, Delhi:

Flickr: Vintage Auto World (Rohan Nino Puri)'s Photostream
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:49   #517
BHPian

Seems you guys are suffering from a shortage of parts. I know the feeling.

Our first outing of the season yesterday and my LT coil packed up. I was well miffed. Seems the K2 stators are poor quality. Is it worth replacing the coil or just biting the bullet and getting a german stator?
Old 23rd March 2010, 08:27   #518
BHPian

Hi Mitch,
I guess any LT coil from the Vespa Electronic ignition system should do the job. With the idea of experimenting a CDI system I had bought a LT coil that goes for Bajaj Legend. This fits exactly into the stator laminations. Still another low cost option would be to get it rewinded (3100 turns).
-Ilango
Old 27th March 2010, 18:32   #519
BHPian

mudguard for vijai

Hi,
Do you want the fixed mudguard or the turning one?
Shirish
Old 4th April 2010, 03:20   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Hi Mitch,
I guess any LT coil from the Vespa Electronic ignition system should do the job. With the idea of experimenting a CDI system I had bought a LT coil that goes for Bajaj Legend. This fits exactly into the stator laminations. Still another low cost option would be to get it rewinded (3100 turns).
-Ilango
Turns out it was the pickup box. Replaced it and its ok now
Old 4th April 2010, 05:34   #521
BHPian

Hi Folks,
I have seen a lamby used by a friends father lying idle for some time. He used to travel in that scooter till last month. I am going to ask him the scooter. What should i compensate?
Old 4th April 2010, 11:14   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipdrive View Post
Hi Folks,
I have seen a lamby used by a friends father lying idle for some time. He used to travel in that scooter till last month. I am going to ask him the scooter. What should i compensate?

Depends on the owner and your intrest my friend. There is no set guidelines as what should be the pay price. Sometimes it is a throw away price and sometimes its a DYNAMITE with pin loose in your pocket. BOOOM!!

Talk to the owner and find out what are his intentions/Plans.
Old 4th April 2010, 20:34   #523
BHPian

price for a lamby

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Depends on the owner and your intrest my friend. There is no set guidelines as what should be the pay price. Sometimes it is a throw away price and sometimes its a DYNAMITE with pin loose in your pocket. BOOOM!!

Talk to the owner and find out what are his intentions/Plans.
Thanks Chanu, but i dont want my friends father to be fooled by my quote. I dont want to take him for a ride. I was considering giving 5k, but i am not sure he would settle for that. In any case, i am not willing to give more than that. He has been using it for the last 20 years for sure. it seems to be a grey and white combination- were there ever such a colour as OE for lamby?

between, how much would be a good lamby cost, which is fully restored?
Old 5th April 2010, 14:41   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipdrive View Post
Thanks Chanu, but i dont want my friends father to be fooled by my quote. I dont want to take him for a ride. I was considering giving 5k, but i am not sure he would settle for that. In any case, i am not willing to give more than that. He has been using it for the last 20 years for sure. it seems to be a grey and white combination- were there ever such a colour as OE for lamby?

between, how much would be a good lamby cost, which is fully restored?
I know you are not intending to take your friends father for granted. The price what you have been thinking for the lamby is reasonable (is it a lambretta or Lamby 150) if it is the second case 5k is fine or if it happens to be a lambretta then its value is beyond 5k and again it depends on how intact the body is, originality of parts etc. I've been offered a comparatively ok kind of lambretta for 12,000k around a year ago, I also had a misfortune of loosing a ORIGINAL LAMBRETTA LI SERIES with original Key for 1200/- around 4-5 yrs ago. It all depends on the scooter and the owner there is no set or decided price for any classic vehicle it the intrest, demand.
Old 5th April 2010, 17:20   #525
BHPian

5k is quite low for any running lamby with original papers, at least imho. Chances are if he had it till so recently he would have been approached by mechanics and brokers already, who might have offered him 3k or so. I would say it may definitely be worth upto 8k if it is running with up-to-date original papers. So if you don't want to risk offending him, offer a little more than 5k.

Of course the body should have all original parts. Any welded parts would bring the value of the scooter down. Can we see pics?

Here at least, in mumbai, the value is more inflated... I guess some people might find I overvalue a lamby... I have heard in the south they are not valued that much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks