Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:08   #886
BHPian

Re: Classic Volkswagens in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
Took some pictures of the '63 Bug last night:
What a delectable car! Hats off to you for using her regularly and keeping her in such good shape.

Best Regards
Prithvi
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:19   #887
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
hi,here is a my recent acquisition its 61 beetle, imported from Africa, parked since then
Congrations inderpalji! You have an absolute gem in your hands, (which are the most deserving!) I cannot believe the condition of the innards and heaterboxes, a real survivor. Is the paint original? We all dream of barnfinds like this, you have shown us that they are still out there!
Old 4th May 2011, 15:01   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Congrations inderpalji! You have an absolute gem in your hands, (which are the most deserving!) I cannot believe the condition of the innards and heaterboxes, a real survivor. Is the paint original? We all dream of barnfinds like this, you have shown us that they are still out there!
Thanks buddy ,all an out come of your good wishes and reg the paint the body has been resprayed with the original shade-Fontana Grey once,but the underside and inner side of mudguards are all original ,with no rust etc, interestingly the owner(infact his son) called me up to inform -they found a picture of the entire family with the car,the very first day they brought her home from the dealer in Africa, i will be travelling this weekend to fetch the black and white snap,excited to see.
Old 4th May 2011, 15:53   #889
Senior - BHPian

Inderpalji many congratulations. Another one in your impressive VW garage. Now all you need to do is find your self a Oval and me a 62 Bug
Old 4th May 2011, 20:51   #890
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks sir, i recently ordered a 6V battery and it will take a weeks time, the engine rotates fine,hope it will start with the battery in,excited to listen the engine soon,the speedo meter shows 80K kms ,seems to be original reading,the tyres are new all four with the words-Fits Volkswagen and saab,will post picture soon
You can actually use an OLD 12V battery (probably a little weak one) on the car to start and run.

I did that on the 61 Beetle for more than 1000 kms. never actually gave any trouble...
Old 5th May 2011, 15:58   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Inderpalji many congratulations. Another one in your impressive VW garage. Now all you need to do is find your self a Oval and me a 62 Bug
Sir, aap ke muh mein ghee shakkar,ha ha wish the best 62 for you, all the best,and iam sure you will get her soon,its the law of nature and we are being watched and sensed by the lord, he will bless you soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
You can actually use an OLD 12V battery (probably a little weak one) on the car to start and run.

I did that on the 61 Beetle for more than 1000 kms. never actually gave any trouble...
Being a bit precise and a book follower, i dont think so, may be you were lucky but iw ill wait for some time till the battery is ready

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post. Thanks.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 5th May 2011 at 16:14. Reason: See moderator note in post
Old 11th May 2011, 10:56   #892
BHPian

i just read an article in this month issue of an auto magazine,a gentleman drove her 60's Volkswagen beetle from england to India, it was really interesting story from the 60's i will love to share,but read some where that it not allowed to put scanned copies of magazines etc, moderators please suggest or allow-Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 19:17   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i just read an article in this month issue of an auto magazine,a gentleman drove her 60's Volkswagen beetle from england to India, it was really interesting story from the 60's i will love to share,but read some where that it not allowed to put scanned copies of magazines etc, moderators please suggest or allow-Thanks
It is the last page of May edition of AutoIndia and has some nice period photos of the car also
Old 12th May 2011, 11:49   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
It is the last page of May edition of AutoIndia and has some nice period photos of the car also
Yes exactly correct, isnt it interesting and the pictures are areal feast for the eyes,loved and read twice
Old 21st May 2011, 20:11   #895
Senior - BHPian

VW parts source in Thailand Needed:

Sorry for the offtopic post here but its an emergency and surfing the net has not proven so useful.

Guys, Im travelling to Thailand tomorrow, starting in Phuket and then to Bangkok. I believe Thailand is a haven for Classic VW parts, Right now im looking for parts for my 66 Splitty bus.

I would really appreciate it if any of you VW gurus here, would be able to guide me as to where i can get the parts in the places im visiting. Mainly im looking for the garnishes and body parts, all glass rubbers and the chrome garnishes, headlamps and turn lights (rear and front) and wheel caps and a few meters, knobs, grab handles and winders/locks.
Kindly email it to gogikohli@gmail.com
Thanks in anticipation and will really appreciate the help.
Old 21st May 2011, 20:49   #896
BANNED

Re: VW parts source in Thailand Needed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Sorry for the offtopic post here but its an emergency and surfing the net has not proven so useful.

Guys, Im travelling to Thailand tomorrow, starting in Phuket and then to Bangkok. I believe Thailand is a haven for Classic VW parts, Right now im looking for parts for my 66 Splitty bus.

I would really appreciate it if any of you VW gurus here, would be able to guide me as to where i can get the parts in the places im visiting. Mainly im looking for the garnishes and body parts, all glass rubbers and the chrome garnishes, headlamps and turn lights (rear and front) and wheel caps and a few meters, knobs, grab handles and winders/locks.
Gogi Bhai

Thailand...... Dont expect to get anything from there apart from the chrome garnishes.

And there are no Winders for a Splitty ever.

Send me a list of spares you need on raghav.kadam@gmail.com
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 11:37   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post

Check out this shop for parts when you get to Bangkok: :: Volkspare >> Volk Swagen Online Shop ::
It's a bit far from the city, But i went there in 2009 and they had seemed to have lots of good quality parts.
You could also try this place: ºéҹöâ¿Åì¤
RandomUsername is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 18:33   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check out this shop for parts when you get to Bangkok: :: Volkspare >> Volk Swagen Online Shop ::
It's a bit far from the city, But i went there in 2009 and they had seemed to have lots of good quality parts.
You could also try this place: ºéҹöâ¿Åì¤
Volkspare online shop seems to have a lot of repro parts.But sadly they are all made by themselves.Quality issues may be there
ajay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 19:17   #899
BHPian

Not all the parts they sell are made by them, They make mostly the accessories, chrome, and rubber parts. Browse past the 10th page on the products page of their website. :: Volkspare >> Volk Swagen Online Shop ::

They also had some old/used original parts in stock.
RandomUsername is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 12:59   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not all the parts they sell are made by them, They make mostly the accessories, chrome, and rubber parts. Browse past the 10th page on the products page of their website. :: Volkspare >> Volk Swagen Online Shop ::

They also had some old/used original parts in stock.
I had gone through the 445 odd items listed by them.Except for the odd door seals,etc which they say made in GERMANY most of them seem to be Repro stuff. the tail lamp lenses etc look exactly like the ones made by NEOLITE PPI(not sold retail in INDIA)!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks