Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:49   #2251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
^ It was such a great pleasure meeting with you sir. It was such a strange co-incidence too. I was a bit disappointed that you couldnt stay long enough for a snap to be taken and you did not have lunch. Anyways sir, we shall catch up some other time.

Your lambretta is fully original and is such a treat to the eyes. Waiting to see the NE you aquired recently. I also know that you are looking for Select/SuperSelect. Hope you find it soon.
My pleasure Karthik . I really wished that I could stay there and spend some time with all the FIATian's there.

You heard it right, just incase if you come across any Select/SuperSelect let me know. I would be glad to own one.
Old 23rd August 2010, 21:12   #2252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvinhard View Post
Dear fiatians, FCB founder funkykar(Karthik Makam) got engaged today. other FCB founders decorated his S1 for his engagement. but his car is looking like a bride
I wouldnt be surprised if it actually HAD been his bride!!

But anyways, congrats to karthik! Wish you miles of smiles in your nupital journey ahead!
Old 23rd August 2010, 21:38   #2253
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
You heard it right, just incase if you come across any Select/SuperSelect let me know. I would be glad to own one.
This is such an under statement. Let me make it more clear. GreenDay is looking for a fully original car in pristine condition. His dad had owned this car decades ago and his GreenDay's granddad forced his dad to part away with it as his dad had to get one of his sister's married.
Old 23rd August 2010, 21:45   #2254
BHPian

Congrates karthik!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I chose (with 0 hesitation) to be driven in my Fiat while many friends offered their luxury and super luxury cars and SUVS for the ceremony. I blandly declined.
Many many Congratulations for your engagement!!!!!!!!!!!
True Fiat spirit. Keep it up!!!!!! If you love anything, love by heart and never feel auckward with his/her company.
I also visit even 3/5 star hotels with my family in my Padmini and politely refuse to give key for Wallet parking.
(Beacuse I am dam sure new drivers will ruin my gearbox and from my view they don't deserve to drive FIAT with hand gears. Its a royal car#####)

Quote:
There wouldnt be any baraat type of thing in our marriages. For sure, a brigade of Fiats would drive me to the venue.
But Bangaloreans will go mad to see too many Fiats on road and it will be a nostalgic marriage ceremony of 1980s era. ( All pensioners will die to see the venue)

Last edited by Fiat&Me : 23rd August 2010 at 21:46.
Old 23rd August 2010, 21:46   #2255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvinhard View Post
Dear fiatians, FCB founder funkykar(Karthik Makam) got engaged today. other FCB founders decorated his S1 for his engagement. but his car is looking like a bride
Karthick,

Many congratulation, This is a day you will always remember. The greatest in anyone's life. You'll start the day just two people in love and end as husband and wife.

And welcome to Our Club .
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:09   #2256
BHPian

Quote:
This is such an under statement. Let me make it more clear. GreenDay is looking for a fully original car in pristine condition. His dad had owned this car decades ago and his GreenDay's granddad forced his dad to part away with it as his dad had to get one of his sister's married.
Karthik, I am looking for a Select/SuperSelect because it was a part of our family. I didn't want to mention that in this forum though. Now that you have revealed it. I would like to inform you that we had an white Ambi Mark II and the FIAT Select [Grey] almost matching to Arun's FIAT. All the memories of those days are will stay ever GREEN in my heart and mind.

I many times curse my GrandDad for this.
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:31   #2257
BHPian

Dear friends, Mr. Vaitheeswaran has recently meet one of the great Fiat fans of the Century,. Here are some of the pics, hope you guys like them.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post2039620

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th August 2010 at 16:12. Reason: Please provide a link to your earlier post instead of posting the same thing in two separate threads. Thanks.
Old 24th August 2010, 00:13   #2258

Congratulations Karthik for your engagement. Also congratulations for choosing the S1 as the official car for the ceremony. Wishing you all the best.
Old 25th August 2010, 21:09   #2259
BHPian

Congratulations Funkykar.

Team help required : request pointers for a electric fan for my S1. Please advise.

Thanks
Old 29th August 2010, 10:17   #2260
BHPian

I am very excited to Meet Mr. Behram Dhabhar for the first time today! I will be meeting him along with Pavan, Manish, Arun and Karthik, may be in Airport.

I will be the representative of NECB! Hope he will like my NE

Regards,
Chetu
Old 29th August 2010, 15:34   #2261
BHPian

Waiting for photographs of all hardcore FIATians meet at Bangalore airport. Post as early as possible. By the way, will he be staying in bangalore for1-2 days? Are you planning to give him lift from Airport to his destination in FIAT/118NE? If yes then again photos please..
Old 29th August 2010, 19:26   #2262
BHPian

A Day with BD Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
Waiting for photographs of all hardcore FIATians meet at Bangalore airport.
You know what?! The first few words by Behram Sir was.. "We are all crazy guys na!"

Quote:
By the way, will he be staying in bangalore for1-2 days? Are you planning to give him lift from Airport to his destination in FIAT/118NE?
Behram Sirji staying here for 1-2 days is a dream!! He is always very kind to spend the few hours he stays in Bangalore to spend time with we crazy Auto enthusiasts. Thanks a ton Sir!!

Here is the report of today's Behram-Sir Meet.

Pavan Kadam(Bangalore Beetle Club), Arun(Fiat 1100 Club Bangalore) and me-Chetu(NE Club Bangalore) were fortunate to meet Behram Sirji today!

Sirji had been to Chikamagalur for OTR with his dream Mahindra Thar. He came to Bangy today noon at 2:30. We picked him up from the outskirts of Bangalore.

Sirji was kind enough to explain all the features of THAR! Man it looked so beautiful. It will surely ROCK on road!!

THAR and ME!

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00072.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00069.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00070.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00074.jpg

Then we left to Bangy Airport. En-route PK's Pilot-friend Joy(AirBusDriver) was waiting for us with his stunning NE.

Sirji examined the NE for a while and explained to us some of the engineering concepts executed by him during his days in PAL.

He explained to us about the Hitachi Carburretor, the fuel return line system, how the electric fuel pump was subsequently fitted in NEs etc. Man, he explained us so well!!!!!

Joy with Sirji.
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00086.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00077.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00082.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00084.jpg

In the Airport, PK showed Sirji the engine head of Joy's Fiat 500 being restored and Sirji gave his advice to PK.

Me, Pavan, Sirji and Arun!

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00087.jpg

Me and PK's Safari

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00088.jpg
Old 29th August 2010, 21:57   #2263
BHPian

Quote:
Mehul1100: tussi great ho ji!!

Premier padmini site member Vaitheeshwaran made stickers to distribute all the fiat owners of tamil nadu, hats off to u, i am speechless seeing the fiatism in you - Mr.Vaitheeshwaran.

Sujith, MB, Arun and me are extremely proud to see at the extent you are working hard, to keep the spirits of a Premier Padmini and FIATs high.

You have done something which no other Fiat enthusuast has done.

FCB proudly declares that you deserve some more gifts from us. We have decided to mail you two sets of FCB stickers whose costs will be borne by we four guys. (NOTE: This offer is exclusively to you and FCB has not done any felicitation to any other person before!)
Note: FCB, as going out of the town for some days, you can send this to Mr. Vaitheeswaran directly.
Old 29th August 2010, 23:25   #2264
BHPian

Another good news is that Behram Sir is very keen on the Belgaum Meet. He wants to drive his LHD. He is also ready to drive down to Bangalore!!!! Sir, we will see to it that the Belgaum meet surely happens!
Old 30th August 2010, 09:07   #2265
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
Another good news is that Behram Sir is very keen on the Belgaum Meet. He wants to drive his LHD. He is also ready to drive down to Bangalore!!!! Sir, we will see to it that the Belgaum meet surely happens!
With Behram sir, its goes something like this.

"YOU CAN TAKE THE MAN OUT OF FIAT, BUT NOT THE FIAT OUT OF THIS MAN"

What abundance knowledge, and enthusiasm for the product he developed over years.

I could see it in his eyes, what he felt for Fiats.

If time would have permitted, he would have driven that NE to the Airport (ha ha ha)

And myself and Arun1100 were talking about Behram sirs view on driving him in a rival product (TATA SAFARI). 2 hours later, as expected, he pops up a question. "WHY A SAFARI" (he he he) we all start laughing on this.

Most Viewed