Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 00:12   #1186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Wooooo, what a price.

There is one 1993 S1 that my mechanic owns, it has the factory fitted A/C which was being removed today, as it was not functioning since last 5 yrs.
It looks like a mix and match car.

It has normal fan and not like S1.

No reverse lights.

New type meter console came in late 1995.
Old 3rd March 2010, 07:18   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
On 03-03-10, one of my favorite Padmini -- KA-05-M-331, owned by Karthik(funkykar) will have a new home.Its my HOME!! I promise to keep it safe with me as long as my lungs pump air!!

Karthik has been kind enough to give me 331 at an irresistible offer. I just could not believe that I could own 331 after I used the car for few months and my family is already attached to it!

Thanks to Karthik's trust on me and his love for FIATs that I will have 331 with me today. I will adhere by my words. You implemented the FIRST LAW of FCB - "To Save Fiats".

I will be taking the car from him early morning!

P.S: I thank Sujith and Karthik M.B for your support and tempting me more and more for owning 331..
Really really appreciate this thing of yours Arun bhai. Hope you enjoy driving it much more. It doesn't seems that it is being sold as it will remain in the same friend's circle. Feeling very happy for the car.
Karthik mark the classified listing as SOLD.
Old 3rd March 2010, 08:03   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Really really appreciate this thing of yours Arun bhai. Hope you enjoy driving it much more. It doesn't seems that it is being sold as it will remain in the same friend's circle. Feeling very happy for the car.
Thanks Sagar.

You need to appreciate Karthik more than me as he has given 331 to me at an unbelievable offer.
Old 3rd March 2010, 08:23   #1189
Senior - BHPian

For how much has he offered you the car.
ARUN BHAI CLEAR YOUR PM INBOX.ITS FULL

Last edited by samsag12 : 3rd March 2010 at 08:38.
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:41   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On 03-03-10, one of my favorite Padmini -- KA-05-M-331, owned by Karthik(funkykar) will have a new home.Its my HOME!! I promise to keep it safe with me as long as my lungs pump air!!

Karthik has been kind enough to give me 331 at an irresistible offer. I just could not believe that I could own 331 after I used the car for few months and my family is already attached to it!

Thanks to Karthik's trust on me and his love for FIATs that I will have 331 with me today. I will adhere by my words. You implemented the FIRST LAW of FCB - "To Save Fiats".

I will be taking the car from him early morning!

P.S: I thank Sujith and Karthik M.B for your support and tempting me more and more for owning 331..
I would have felt a little depressed if I had to give it out to someone else. Now, I feel lot more relaxed since I gave it to Arun. If it is with Arun, I feel as good as I still own it. I am too happy to part it to him. Oh yes, we did save 331 long back when I got from going into the clutches of people who might have ended screwing it up. Best wishes to your journey on 331. Its a fantastic car.

Regarding, irresistable price, money is just a medium. I am primarily handing over one of my family member's to Arun. Like Arun said, its just going to a new home
Old 4th March 2010, 13:07   #1191
BHPian

Congrats Arun1100 for 331, hope we all get the party from u soon. what are your plans for 331?
Old 4th March 2010, 13:11   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Congrats Arun1100 for 331, hope we all get the party from u soon. what are your plans for 331?
I am happy that I got another Padmini-331 as I can concentrate better on restoring my white Padmini. I will give a best possible restoration to it.

Work on mechanicals of 331is going on. Today the head was removed to solve some minor problems.

Next I will fit all Delight parts to it.

Regarding party, 15th March is our Club's Foundation day as well as 331's 20th Birthday!

So lets have a party on 14th Sunday. I think its Ugadi too on 14th. Lets plan up....

Last edited by arun1100 : 4th March 2010 at 13:13.
Old 4th March 2010, 19:23   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Premier 118 NE

Presenting Karthik Makam's Second Premier 118 NE.

Model:1992
Fuel:Petrol
Owner:Second
Driven:71,000kms
Paint:90% original Paint

The previous owner had maintained the car very well. There is absolutely no work needed on the car except for welding the broken silencer pipe.

Thanks to this 118NE that I got his other favorite car - Padmini 331.

Karthik: Waiting for the complete restoration of this car to start!!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc01648.jpg  

Last edited by arun1100 : 4th March 2010 at 19:26.
Old 4th March 2010, 20:06   #1194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Presenting Karthik Makam's Second Premier 118 NE.

Model:1992
Fuel:Petrol
Owner:Second
Driven:71,000kms
Paint:90% original Paint

The previous owner had maintained the car very well. There is absolutely no work needed on the car except for welding the broken silencer pipe.

Thanks to this 118NE that I got his other favorite car - Padmini 331.

Karthik: Waiting for the complete restoration of this car to start!!
Yippie!! I am so very excited to get my baby home. Thanks a ton to Arun for taking care of my baby for a week. What was more touching is, since he knew I am going to pick the car today, he got it neatly washed too. It was a huge surprise to me. Whenever any of my cars are in hands of Arun and Sujith, one thing I dont have to do is worry. Its an AC model car. AC cooling is not too bad at all. Except for the roken clamp of silencer, everything is in order. As far as I know, every part is original.

I wouldnt restore this car shortly. Actually, the condition it is in (except paint which has faded), I think I can postpone restoration atleast for 2 years.

I also have started liking the KA-O5-M series number. My first NE, this NE and Arun's new Fiat are all in this series.

By the way, me and Arun forgot to mention another thing. If we had seen this car even a day late, this would have been scrapped! As it was the eve of Eid, scrapping of this car was posponed for a day. We also feel proud that we saved an NE.

Last edited by funkykar : 4th March 2010 at 20:09.
Old 4th March 2010, 20:11   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new acquisition Karthik. Hope you enjoy driving her.

BTW how much did you paid for this all original car. I know the purchase price of the fiat 331 so you can state the price as 1000 up of the price of fiat or so.
Old 4th March 2010, 20:46   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post

By the way, me and Arun forgot to mention another thing. If we had seen this car even a day late, this would have been scrapped! As it was the eve of Eid, scrapping of this car was posponed for a day. We also feel proud that we saved an NE.
Usually Karthik and me go daily to the scrapyard as it is very close to our offices.

But we did not go to the scrapyard as I wanted a break from going greasy daily. But last Thursday, I simply told karthik that we will go to the scrapyard in the evening. As soon as we went there, Mr.Noddy came running to Karthik to show him the NE for sale. He knew Karthik just loves NE a lot. As usual, we both fell in love with the NE at the first glance itself. We always try controlling ourselves but love happens again and again for us!

Two days later NE was Karthik's and I was the caretaker.

As Sujith always says, "Karthik you keep buying cars and we drive it!"
Old 4th March 2010, 21:12   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Usually Karthik and me go daily to the scrapyard as it is very close to our offices.

But we did not go to the scrapyard as I wanted a break from going greasy daily. But last Thursday, I simply told karthik that we will go to the scrapyard in the evening. As soon as we went there, Mr.Noddy came running to Karthik to show him the NE for sale. He knew Karthik just loves NE a lot. As usual, we both fell in love with the NE at the first glance itself. We always try controlling ourselves but love happens again and again for us!

Two days later NE was Karthik's and I was the caretaker.

As Sujith always says, "Karthik you keep buying cars and we drive it!"
Absolutely! It was a so very accidental that we went there. In fact we went at an unusual time of 8PM. We just wanted a break so desperately from our monotonous life. For us, Stephen Square is like a young man's Coffee Day or Barista. We feel rejuvinated after being there.

Sunji and Arun, I am happy that you guys too drive my cars By the way, I let only people who are passionate about old cars drive. No one else. To be frank, I dont let my dad drive them too
Old 4th March 2010, 21:14   #1198
BHPian

Hey Lucky Guys, Nice car, Please try to get me one too
Old 4th March 2010, 21:21   #1199
BANNED

Le Karthik Congrats kano.

When are you leaving this car at my home?
Old 4th March 2010, 21:25   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Le Karthik Congrats kano.

When are you leaving this car at my home?
It is your Car Sujith! But give me the opportunity to fix the silencer and do some general servicing. Its all yours after out FCB Rally.

Also, at this point I would like to say that along with Arun, Sujith too test drove and approved me go for this NE

Last edited by funkykar : 4th March 2010 at 21:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks