Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2010, 15:27   #991
BHPian

Fiats at the World Tourism Day Car and Bike Meet, Hyderabad - 26th September 2010.

Hi Folks,

Here are the pictures of a couple of Fiats (a 600 & a 1100) at the World Tourism Day Car and Bike Meet that was organized at People's Plaza, Necklace Road.

Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-01.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-03.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 26th September 2010, 23:23   #992
Senior - BHPian

New FCCH Members Inducted

In 2 Separate instances,FCCH inducted 2 more members:
1. 1962 Fiat 1100 belonging to Mr.Chandrashekar,who visited us at the HIAS 2010 in the FCCH stall.Today his Super Select became a member of FCCH.
Apparently this member owns a 1946 Studebaker,1950 Jaguar and few more Vintages along with this Fiat 1100 Super Select.

2. 1996 Premier 118 NE in a pristine conditon accidentally turned up near my house and upon a quick interaction with the owner a young Mr.Krishna,who whole heartedly agreed to become a member of FCCH and come to our next meet in October.

The next FCCH meet in October will happen in Old City precints of Hyderabad in a Heritage Building..Stay tuned for more details.
Friends we are reaching the 1000th post milestone.Lets see who will do this illustrous post !!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00008.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00014.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00013.jpg  

Old 27th September 2010, 00:54   #993
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to all and especially Ram, who has being putting a lot of efforts inspite of his busy schedule to have FCCH at this stage, I knew it Ram you will not slip a single instance/opportunity to have nice cars in our club. Kudos to you.

The premier 118NE looks awesome, I also have a car which is used by an Army officer which is scratchless (absolute showroom condition) now somewhere in Vijayawada given to his relative without our knowledge which I want to retain it in Hyderabad, in our club. Me and my friend who happens to be the next owner of that car are going shortly to retreve the car before its lost for ever. Wish us good luck.

I also have another car with one of my friend's dad single owner till date since 85, neat car which is still driven by his dad 60 yrs old, he wanted to gift it to me anyday I want looking at my intrest for Fiat.

Ram sir got an idea! why don't we start collecting the data base of new likers who want to own Fiat cars from our enquiries at shows, events etc so we can give the cars saved to them this way the car gets a new caring owner.
Old 27th September 2010, 07:36   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
2. It has an additional automatic cooling fan that works when the engine is switched off. It keeps running till the engine temperature comes down to a certain point.
Rahul Waghmare.
I would like to know more about this. How did you do the wiring? Did you take the power supply from some relay system working with heat of the coolant or? Can you please elaborate??

With thanks and regards
Old 27th September 2010, 09:52   #995
BHPian

@ Ram,
The wheel caps on this SuperSelect doesn't seems to be original but seems to be interesting one. Post some engine bay pics & interior pics if possible.
But a very well maintained car, except very few non-original things as side lights, wheel caps (& might be wheels also ?, are those the clip wheels)
The 118NE also seems to be a very well kept car.
Old 27th September 2010, 11:09   #996
BHPian

Response to query by glomus123

Hello glomus123,

Thanks for your query. As you correctly guessed, a relay has been used in this system.

- The relay activates the fan when the ignition key is switched off.
- The fan is connected to the battery via a thermostat. These thermostats are easily available in industrial electronic shops with various temperature ratings.
- We have used a thermostat that has a 60 degree centigrade temperature rating and is fitted on the radiator.
- The fan stops when the engine temperature comes down to 60.

The fan is combination of a motor from the Maruti 800's cooling fan and the fan blade is from a blower that comes with the 118 NE. The fan has been angled in a way so that the air flow is directed towards the head of the engine. (Note : This fan is not seen in the pictures that I had posted on this thread as it was removed for servicing.)

Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:05   #997
BHPian

Thank you Rahulji for the detailed information. I always wanted to do this, because here in South Korea I can hear every vehicle's fans running even after stopping and locking the vehicle. Is this facility available in our new generation cars in India also?

Last edited by glomus123 : 27th September 2010 at 14:05. Reason: typo
Old 27th September 2010, 15:39   #998
BHPian

Hi glomus123,

I am not sure about the new generation cars in India. But I do know from a very reliable source that the original Maruti 800's design had the cooling fan designed to run even after the ignition is switched off. (Just like you mentioned about cars in South Korea.) However for Indian market, the design was changed so that the fan only works when the ignition switch is turned on.

Regards,

Rahul.
Old 27th September 2010, 16:13   #999
BHPian

Fiat Classic Club Hyderabad(FCCH) Founder Ram Kiran(Hillram) was part a charity show just yesterday organised for Breast Cancer Awareness at Secunderabad Club.[/quote]

Totally agree with Karthik1100, Sir Ram Kiranji is a nice gnetleman I ever meet, he has so much knowledge about Fiats that I like to meet him over and over again to get some knowledge and still down to earth person. I came to know many things of his charity from Mr. Narendre Kale of FCCH. Hats off to Shri Ram Kiranji, Sir your our inspiration. Keep the good work going and we pray god that he gives you all the needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fch.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-ramkiranji.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-hyda.jpg  

Old 27th September 2010, 21:22   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Mehul..Thanks for your kind words.Its the support you get from friends and near and dear,which keeps me going.

@hrishikesh..I dont bother much on the originality as there is no end to originality.I want my automobiles to be well maintained and mechanically sound that i can use them anytime I want.Its simply comes down to sheer Darwinism:Survival of the Fittest !!!

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th September 2010 at 00:42.
Old 27th September 2010, 21:55   #1001
BHPian

Well said Ram! There will hardly be any vehicles running if everyone were after pure originality. It is always better to experiment and find ways of enjoying these timeless classics!!
Old 29th September 2010, 20:56   #1002
Senior - BHPian

FCCH Next Meet-Old City

Folks lets start planning for the next meet,which will be in Old city and will be hosted by Mr.Mushtaq Hussain at his Heritage Palace behind Falaknuma Palace.If we are lucky we will even visit the Falaknuma Palace.
The star attraction of the next FCCH meet will be a preview of Rahul's(Scarlet Rider) "hot rod" Premier 118 NE.
Narendra..its been long time we met.Hope you will be there for the meet this time.
Old 30th September 2010, 03:43   #1003
BHPian

Like we discussed last Sunday, I think the best option will be to assemble at the Necklace Road MMTS station at 9 AM and then proceed to Mr. Mushtaq Hussain's Heritage Palace by 10 AM. An opportunity to visit Falaknuma Palace would be an icing on the cake!!

Ram, we feel honored when you use words like "Star Attraction" and "Hot Rod" to describe our 118 NE! In fact all cars in the FCCH are stars in their own right. Looking forward to see the "Constellation" of Fiats at the next meet!
Old 8th October 2010, 12:34   #1004
BHPian

Ram, any update on this Sunday's FCCH meet? Please do keep us posted so that we can plan accordingly.

Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 9th October 2010, 00:43   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Dear Rahul..since it is festive time,most of the FCCH members are out on vacation,hence we will have to postpone out meet to post festival time.
Glad to see your interest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks