Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 20:31   #241
Senior - BHPian

Gear Knobs for Fiat 1100s

I have been rather very curious on one aspect of Fiat 1100 gear knobs.
Can anyone post pictures of the original Fiat Gear knobs.
I have seen amny after market versions and now Im determined to have original ones for my Superselect and Delight.
Old 20th March 2010, 21:59   #242
Senior - BHPian

Gear Knobs

Yes Ram garu even I am curios to know about it. I've seen few which are the slim plastic ones and also few aluminium ones.

Apart from that I wanted to know something about the period accessories if anybody could post some pictures of cars clad with them it would be really nice as I feel few accessories are like Jewels which add up beauty to the car.
Old 21st March 2010, 08:54   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Yes Ram garu even I am curios to know about it. I've seen few which are the slim plastic ones and also few aluminium ones.

Apart from that I wanted to know something about the period accessories if anybody could post some pictures of cars clad with them it would be really nice as I feel few accessories are like Jewels which add up beauty to the car.
Well talking of period accessories, i think one mechanical part was very popular in the 70s and 80s era which was the JALWA HORNS which, incidentally, i recently got hold of under the guidance of Shyam (stanher). BTW i am still in the process to know why were they called Jalwa horns.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-image0200.jpg  

Old 21st March 2010, 09:10   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
BTW i am still in the process to know why were they called Jalwa horns.
Well, simply because they had the brand name "Jalwa"!

I was told by karl they were actually made under license from Bosch, also came in a few other names like Sharco(?)
Old 21st March 2010, 14:27   #245
Senior - BHPian

FCCH Founders Meet

On the day of Equinox,FCCH met for the first time with all its 4 founder members - Ram Kiran(Hillram),Shiva(Cyberdoctorind),Balaji(Chanu) and Suren(Suren 181).It was a pleasure to have Suren attend the first Founders meet.We settled for a quick breakfast at Eat Street and then got on to hectic discussions about the future activities of FCCH.
Parting time was also left to admiring our beauties and posing with them.
A jolly good meet !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00005.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00006.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00007.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00008.jpg  

Old 21st March 2010, 16:14   #246
BHPian

The day has been kind of lucky for me. I have got hold of the cone tubed type horn for my elegant. Paam Paam sounds great
Old 21st March 2010, 18:11   #247
Senior - BHPian

Its a pleasure to see all the founder members of FCCH for the first time. Ram bhai your prized possessions are looking absolutely fabulous.
@ Cyberdoctorind : Shiva bhai do post some pics of the cone tubed type horn you got hold of. Its fun to see these parts. BTW when are we going to see your elegant standing along with Ram bhai's superselect and delight.??
Old 21st March 2010, 18:18   #248
Senior - BHPian

This is just the beginning guys!! Congrats Team-FCCH.
Old 21st March 2010, 18:41   #249
Senior - BHPian

Scenne 1.
8:30 am Lazy sunday morning shot up from bed rather the lazy way for few woke up like a tension spring unwound with a shock that I might be late.

Scene 2.
It was a sunny wheather initiall and was getting hot little by little and was enjoying the wind pampering my hair in my open top jeep and reached the spot 8mts late.

Scene 3.
Shiva and Ram were happy looking at me and Ram was waving his hand with joy, I must say he is an super active member for FCCH and there is Shiva with cool and easy attitude with a welcome smile and then came the formal guy Suren and this is the second meet and all the four members got our heads together discussing about the future plans of FCCH and Ram garu doing more of the talking part "Bhoy! he has got lot of plans haan"!

Then came the rescuer IDLY SAMBER WADA topping it up with COFFEE then Suren rose all of a sudden and said "KUCH MEETA HO JAYE" and soon followed the RICH DARK CHOCOLATE PASTRY with COOOL VANILA combo, and that's it my day was full felt to sleep under the shady trees but, we had plans then went to the yard and got the KHAZANA the horn for Shiva's car. Over all pretty good day and every meet of FCCH things are building up good and promising.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00005.jpg  

Old 21st March 2010, 19:04   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
@ Cyberdoctorind : Shiva bhai do post some pics of the cone tubed type horn you got hold of. Its fun to see these parts. BTW when are we going to see your elegant standing along with Ram bhai's superselect and delight.??
Sirji, I am waiting for the day when I get to drive my elegant. Attaching pictures of the cone tubed horn that I have managed to get my hands on. PAAM PAAM sound is superb

The fiat1100 badge that you see in the last photograph is on a 55 millicento. The guy who owns the car expects the car to be sold for 2 Lakhs with very less originality. The same guy asked for 75 K from chanu (Balaji) for the same car

P.S: Looks like my Nokia N900 manages decent photographs(The horn photo's has been taken using my Phone) . Will now post pictures of the progress regularly with the pictures taken from my N900
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-20100321_004.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-20100321_007.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-20100321_006.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-20100321_003.jpg  

Last edited by Cyberdoctorind : 21st March 2010 at 19:12.
Old 21st March 2010, 20:12   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
Attaching pictures of the cone tubed horn that I have managed to get my hands on. PAAM PAAM sound is superb
Wow Shiva great Going, Even I to have the same horn . Bye the way now how about the picture of your starter motor, A long pending request from my side.
Old 21st March 2010, 20:22   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Wow Shiva great Going, Even I to have the same horn . Bye the way now how about the picture of your starter motor, A long pending request from my side.
Manish bhai, I will send you the detailed snaps in a couple of days. The unclear one's that I have sent you earlier are the only one's that are with me at present and I have to go to my mechanic where my engine is to get the updated snaps of the starter motor (My motor is the one with the solenoid at present), am searching for the one without solenoid which is operated by a lever everywhere, will keep you updated on the search.

Attaching the unclear picture again for your reference
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-img_6464.jpg  

Old 21st March 2010, 20:27   #253
Senior - BHPian

@Shiva..That horn is a piece of Art.Keep it well my friend.
Old 21st March 2010, 20:37   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
@Shiva..That horn is a piece of Art.Keep it well my friend.
I intend to Ram. Now the next steps would be to go all over the car again to iron out the nitty-grities. My car has the battery housing on the same side as the driver so will need to see if the housing has a provision to fix the horn. According to pictures of the engine bay seen on the elegants, the horn is seen on the RHS below the battery.
Old 21st March 2010, 20:38   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
Sirji, I am waiting for the day when I get to drive my elegant. Attaching pictures of the cone tubed horn that I have managed to get my hands on. PAAM PAAM sound is superb

The fiat1100 badge that you see in the last photograph is on a 55 millicento. The guy who owns the car expects the car to be sold for 2 Lakhs with very less originality. The same guy asked for 75 K from chanu (Balaji) for the same car

P.S: Looks like my Nokia N900 manages decent photographs(The horn photo's has been taken using my Phone) . Will now post pictures of the progress regularly with the pictures taken from my N900
Lucky you. A unique horn indeed. The price quoted for a 55 millicento is simply to keep people away from the car. No way he can get 2Lac for it even 75K is too much. The same thing i recently experienced. There was a select which was up for sale by a scrapper for about 50K that too without the original trims and fittings. See the green colored car behind padmini.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-image0196.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks