Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 10:06   #301
Senior - BHPian

Karthik..I will definitly own an Elegant one day.Thats my dream.My collection would be good with an Elegant .Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 26th March 2010, 10:57   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
You mean pics of President in general? I don't know of any which is for sale..
Any pics of President in General.Internal dash board pics could be useful.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:01   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Any pics of President in General.Internal dash board pics could be useful.
See these cars of FCB..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1573326-post163.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...ml#post1395673
Old 26th March 2010, 11:59   #304
Senior - BHPian

WoW!! angel in black. Excellent, amazing and I love it! falling short of words for such a fantastic car.

Excellent photograph, gives the finest period look. Great Job.

Don't mind I see the boot handle seems to be from the later verson, are the hub cap bolted? some fine tuning is required, but still she is a head turner second look guaranteed.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-center-light.jpg  

Old 26th March 2010, 12:55   #305
Senior - BHPian

Presenting you FCCH founder members at the meet last sunday, you have shiva, suren who are coming up with angels (elegants) you also have Ram who is planning to have a complete fleet of FIAT/Premier products. I wish them all the best and proud to stand between them.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-sunday.jpg  

Old 26th March 2010, 14:40   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Presenting you FCCH founder members at the meet last sunday, you have shiva, suren who are coming up with angels (elegants) you also have Ram who is planning to have a complete fleet of FIAT/Premier products. I wish them all the best and proud to stand between them.
Wow! A very nice meet. More pictures to come by?
Old 26th March 2010, 15:24   #307
BHPian

My dads 63 Fiat 1100

He bought it in 1980 or so when he began working. Used to clean it and tinker around with it every Sunday, with me there to assist him. He got the original engine replaced by a 118NE's. We even did a hyd-bangalore trip in 1996 in the car. The picture is from that time only, dussehera in bangalore. The Fiat badge from the grill had gotten loose, so we kept it in the dash. Also the 'sun shade' on top of the windscreen was removed for the highway journey as it would cause a lot of wind resistance. The rear view mirror is an eyesore and my dad really did not want to get it done, but did so for the highway. I still love the horizontally moving 'snake' speedometer. After 1998 though, dad shifted to mumbai, and the car was put in a shed, where its there till date. Dad says he will retire and restore the car to its prime. sorry for the low quality pic. will rummage through and see if i can find better ones.
btw, this had the longer boot, it wasn't the short boot versions. Those were older i think.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-ady-8919.jpg  

Old 26th March 2010, 15:47   #308
Senior - BHPian

@Prasad.Welcome to the Fiat Passion.It is a great thing to restore an yesteryear old Fiat.Convey our regards to your Dad for keeping the Fiat as a pride,and postsome more pics and pen your experiances of owning and driving a classic Fiat.
Old 26th March 2010, 21:58   #309
Senior - BHPian

ADY series, apna gaadi yaruu! neat car. I've seen people of this generation admiring/caring more about the vintage/classic cars and bikes. Good to know a Fiat admirer of yester era still loving the car and has a great plans to restore the car after retirement. By the way where is the car is it still in hyderabad. As Ram said do post some more picture, Ram sir you car has got a cousin for company.
Old 26th March 2010, 23:22   #310
BHPian

@ hillram : Sadly I've never driven the Fiat, by the time it was put in the shed in 2000, i was 14 and did not have my license. Also, being tall the steering would hit my thighs. The car right now is obviously not in great condition, now that I am in hyd for a month, I shall go and check it out.

@ chanu : the car is very much in hyderabad, at a shed in my dad's elder brothers place in ameerpet. I am pretty sure he will restore it once he retires, but he shows no sign of retiring soon.
Old 26th March 2010, 23:30   #311
Senior - BHPian

[quote=bhuvan_prasad;1805738]@ hillram : Sadly I've never driven the Fiat, by the time it was put in the shed in 2000, i was 14 and did not have my license. Also, being tall the steering would hit my thighs. The car right now is obviously not in great condition, now that I am in hyd for a month, I shall go and check it out.

@ chanu : the car is very much in hyderabad, at a shed in my dad's elder brothers place in ameerpet. I am pretty sure he will restore it once he retires, but he shows no sign of retiring soon. [/quote
Great to know its in Hyderabad. No problem the car is with a lovely caretaker thats enough and most relieving news is that its not going off from Hyderabad, I am sad and against cars/bikes moving out of Hyderabad. Thanks a lot Bhuvan, take good care of her.
Old 27th March 2010, 00:02   #312
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

nice to see one more super select in FCCH, congrats!!
Old 27th March 2010, 20:13   #313
Senior - BHPian

Just to share the RELIEF and JOY I went through today.

RELIEF Since I brought the car I was having a common yet painfull issue called battery unable to self start, I got it checked couple of times, changed the acid/top up, kept for whole night charging (As per the battery guy's suggestion) but all failed. Ultimately I understood that all it was to rob my pocket every week as I only drive it on a weekend. It has become a saga everytime request one or the other to push even my brother got fed up. Today the day has come for a great relief TATA GREEN silver plus went inside the hood, baby fires in half twist. I can stop anywhere without an Issue rather finding a slant to re start etc.

JOY Today gave the angel in blue a good wash, cleaned interiors and she looks brand new, sparkle shiny.

Ram didn't I tell you about the WOODEN LOG system (keeping a wodden log to mount the car up on the hydraulic jack) they did it to my car aswell, that scares me sometimes

Here I want to share something there was a guy who runs a fleet for travels, around 10 indicas. He was amazed to see a well maintained PP and the shock to him came when he saw the odo meter just that few kilometers to 30,000. HE he he. He couldnt believe 1990 model and the reading, scrached his head and said "entna tho hum 3 mahene pe phir lete saab".

I guess all the FIAT/PP/other Classic cars/bikes owners must be going through this and I feel its a "boost to enenrgy" and the appreciation to their lover for these meachines and hard work maintaining them.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-p270310_15.47_02.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-p270310_15.58.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-p270310_16.06.jpg  

Old 27th March 2010, 20:20   #314
Senior - BHPian

AAha great to see your car bala bhai in exclusivity. It looks shiny after servicing. Do give her a coat of mild polish to add sparkle.
BTW check your PM inbox and please do reply.
Old 27th March 2010, 21:08   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
JOY Today gave the angel in blue a good wash, cleaned interiors and she looks brand new, sparkle shiny.
Good going.. Guess you are preparing for the big day of FCCH!
Hope you got her greased too!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks