Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 23:47   #931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Why are you begging them Kale saab, call TATA motors at himayathnagar, they would love to get you or even you can visit them, I am ready to accompany with you on any day after this tuesday. Lets burn some rubber .

Not trying to contradict with "Rakshabandhan" concept. I believe we already have an unbreakable bandhan (relationship) with our Fiats/PP which will safe gaurd them years to come. What say?
Agree with you Chanu, we do have a unbreakable relationship with our parents, friends and valentines, we find ways to express our love towards them and this occassion we should untilise to awake the sleeping Fiatism in some our Friends minds.

Our small small effort only will make a huge difference, because we are not going to put any big effort, if we cant do a small one.
Old 24th August 2010, 18:09   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehul1100 View Post
Agree with you Chanu, we do have a unbreakable relationship with our parents, friends and valentines, we find ways to express our love towards them and this occassion we should untilise to awake the sleeping Fiatism in some our Friends minds.

Our small small effort only will make a huge difference, because we are not going to put any big effort, if we cant do a small one.
Raksha Bandhan Celebrated with Fiat. The motto is to jus refresh the Fiatisim in us.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-rahki.jpg  

Last edited by Mehul1100 : 24th August 2010 at 18:18. Reason: Picture did not attached.
Old 29th August 2010, 23:51   #933
Senior - BHPian

FCCH September Meet

As we draw to close of this month,its time to plan FCCH September Meet.
I propose a longer drive out of the city to Gandipet(since the reservoir is full and flowing).We could make this a family affair and pack somefood from city itself and make a nice picnic getaway.
Bala,Narendra,Shiva,Sushil,Suren...What are your thoughts?
Old 30th August 2010, 23:16   #934
BHPian

Anytime ready Sirji!!
It will be nice to see fully flooded Gandipet dam with company of familiy and FIATs. Those who will be coming with kids, will prefer to bring food 4m home in tiffin because weather is not permitting children to eat outside food. So plan and decide. May be BHEL visit can be in October!!!
Old 31st August 2010, 12:49   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
Anytime ready Sirji!!
It will be nice to see fully flooded Gandipet dam with company of familiy and FIATs. Those who will be coming with kids, will prefer to bring food 4m home in tiffin because weather is not permitting children to eat outside food. So plan and decide. May be BHEL visit can be in October!!!
Narendra,your enthusiasm is unparalleled and I know you wouldbe ready with your Padmini anyday.
Lets plan the next meet quickly.

Posting a pic with my SuperSelect at the DHAA Rally on Aug 15th.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc_8426_resize.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2010, 14:23   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Narendra,your enthusiasm is unparalleled and I know you wouldbe ready with your Padmini anyday.
Lets plan the next meet quickly.

Posting a pic with my SuperSelect at the DHAA Rally on Aug 15th.
Wonderful picture, the car is looking absolutely stuning, I just love the fit and finish of your car, not even a hair line scratch I could see. Please post some more picture of interior, engine bay and dicky, my friends are eagerly waiting to have a glance at them.
Old 2nd September 2010, 15:21   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Chanu, look no more for the coveted sunvisor, saar! What are friends for I say??
============
'hope its in good hands, and hope it gets to join your club!

Attachment 303035

Attachment 303036
SIR, I Feel it is not good to paint old classic FIATS in Fancy colour like Yellow or red, it take away the beauty of the old car although it may look fancy.B.ANANTNAGPUR
Old 2nd September 2010, 17:09   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLASSICCAR View Post
SIR, I Feel it is not good to paint old classic FIATS in Fancy colour like Yellow or red, it take away the beauty of the old car although it may look fancy.B.ANANTNAGPUR
Classic Fiats did come in Red colour from the company and also in dual tone.Infact dual tones go sowell with Fiat only.
Btw what classic cars do you own?
Old 2nd September 2010, 17:16   #939
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You do have a point Ananth, but then those are not my cars, so nothing I could do about them..
Moreover, it's upto the owner to do them up as they please.
Old 2nd September 2010, 22:31   #940
BHPian

Every FIATian is unique !!!!

Quote:
Every FIATian is unique. So we have to respect each and everbody's passion and liking. In fact every person on the earth and his own interest is unique. Many person like dark colours many light. many like to car with full of accessories and many simple. many like to put lot of stickers and many not. Many like to throw old models and many like to retain. Many like to keep interior simple and many frnaky. Many like to convert them to "Audi" and many keeps them as pure FIATs.

But yes your personal opinion is always respected.

Now my personal opinion is " Dual tone" for old classic FIAT is the best. In fact there is no other car which look best in dual tone.
Best combinations are,

"tomato red" and "cream" top or vice versa

"Royal blue" and "silver" top

"Bottle green" and "cream" top

best Single tone color is " shiney black" or " deep navy blue"

Last edited by Fiat&Me : 2nd September 2010 at 22:34.
Old 3rd September 2010, 01:01   #941
Senior - BHPian

I don't believe classic cars should only be painted in black or with those brocure colours, I feel as every human being is different from other like wise every car is different from other, owners have all the reasons to speak their personality through their machines, its the imagination put into action which gives the vehicle that different look that doesnt mean they are not original.

We see many cars abroad for example beetle getting painted in pink, painted with flowers on them that doesn't make them non original.

This Red car is one of the creations from a Fiat Lover, he has also got a green car which is just refreshing and amazing apart from attention grabbing abilities.

l still feel that no car or bike can complete original (cent percent) we can debate on how close it is to originality. Defination of originality is beyond imagination according to me very seldom we find such examples.
Old 3rd September 2010, 01:12   #942
Senior - BHPian

Well said Bala and Narendra.Indeed colour scheme should be an integral part of the car,such that it attracts attention due to its distinctiveness and not fanciness.
I do agree that the test for originality is taken from many parametres and original colour is one such parametre.

Last edited by hillram : 3rd September 2010 at 01:18.
Old 4th September 2010, 00:49   #943
Senior - BHPian

Good Day

I saw a guy few weeks ago on a bicycle which had a Fiat grille badge on to it and by the time I could realise what I saw he is gone. I felt unlucky and was disappointed.

Today I have struck the bell. A lucky day indeed. I found the same guy, he gave me the badge on my request and here is what I got. This costed me just 30/- bucks. I am glad my quest has ended on this happy note.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-logo.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-logo-2.jpg  

Old 4th September 2010, 01:26   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
I saw a guy few weeks ago on a bicycle which had a Fiat grille badge on to it and by the time I could realise what I saw he is gone. I felt unlucky and was disappointed.

Today I have struck the bell. A lucky day indeed. I found the same guy, he gave me the badge on my request and here is what I got. This costed me just 30/- bucks. I am glad my quest has ended on this happy note.
I recollect this incident Bala.Indeed you are lucky to get the monogram.The cyclist wouldnt have realised the significance of this objet d'art.hence he parted with it easily.
You can treasure it now,my friend.

Last edited by hillram : 4th September 2010 at 01:34.
Old 4th September 2010, 01:33   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I recollect this incident Bala.Indeed you are lucky to get the monogram.The cyclist wouldnt have realised the significance of this objet d'art.hence he parted wit it easily.
You can treasure it now,my friend.
absolutely Ram, though I am lucky here I wonder like wise how many of these gems (cars, bikes) might have gone un noticed in the hands of a scrapper. I wanted it for Appu as its badge is gone somewhat faded this has got clear and again who would not want a treasure that too Fiat to adorn the car.

This cyclist is a casual labour at a scrap yard he told, I am sure he must have brought down the car which adorned this badge I am feeling sorry for the car, ateast I could rescue this badge which is just catching rust on his cycle now its on to a right place where it deserves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks